Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Joy's Wedding/S05.E02: Triple Date Night

• Start Topic

(edited)

Oh, so we get the proposal before even seeing the courtship? Then next week, go back to February for the birth of Henry? So much for continuity, show.

eta: It's even worse. They go back to NOVEMBER to celebrate Spud's birthday. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7

I can't believe I'm all IN for another season of the Duggers!  I think I want to marry a Dugger.  Never have to work again.  Just film maybe three or four weeks a couple times a year.  I wonder if TLC offers Insurance and 401K plans!

• Love 11
(edited)

Sadly, reality show "stars" are considered contract employees, and as such, have to find their own insurance and retirement savings plans. Why else does Derelict have a DONATE!!!! button on his website?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

And to make matters worse for my Dish guide it just says TCL programming 9-11 pm. Ouch!

I JUST came here to post that!  That is not good at all.  My DVR didn't pick it up to record with no information. 

Joy better kick it up a notch or the Duggs are history. 

• Love 3

I am currently watching, but I had to pipe in and say at least Joy doesn't look completely miserable and anxious.

The way she is smiling at Austin is genuine, and yes I noticed their side embrace which looked warm and natural. 

Her hairstyle didn't hold up well for pictures, this is a rare occasion where the guys looked more pulled together than the girls. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Her hair is a disaster and is their "no honey how do you want my hair"? Ugh.

And she's been waiting for this forever? Puleeze.

Then he inspects it and says "Are you not doing a braid?" Really? Yeah Austin I'm going to braid your pubes. Sorry....off to the prayer closet. I know the way....

• Love 13

Thanks y'all! I tried. I really did. Caught the scene regarding Joy, Austin, and Joy's hair. I can't. Switched over to Fox News. Yes, I did. Looking forward to the snark! ???

• Love 2
Just now, Annb67 said:

Because she's a mare.

That explains the stalks of hay then. Nothing will explain what the hell's going on at this wedding though. This is so bizarre. Even for a Duggar wedding. 

• Love 4
(edited)
5 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

Ummm what is JD doing?! Since when was he a conductor?

I need a drink. Notice the minister said the covenant can only be broken when someone dies. He can beat the shit out of you but hey stick around. Dear joy and Austin STOP WHISPERING!!! And the circle of prayer and tears. Is this a memorial?

Edited by Annb67
Because I can't spell
  • Love 10
(edited)

Jill has learned a new word: chill. What's his name is probably always telling her to chill out.

Joy keeps pissing me off. 

There was an entire row filled with total tackiness.

Rinse. Wash. Repeat. Same old shit.

Did NOT like that walk-down-the- aisle song.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 4

TLC is just going out of their way to make them look like total fools now, right? That's the only reason I can think of for the whispered conversations. And Joy, bless her heart, really isn't smart, is she. Girl is just dim. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Of course she is dim, she's a Duggar. Find me a smart one, I do hold out hope for Jennifer.

Who the hell is going to clean that church??

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 5

Joy's been waiting for this day forever?  I'm assuming so she won't have to continue living at the compound.  I do like that Joy is a tomboy, but why not just get married outside or at his family's campground?  Instead the spread hay everywhere and then have confetti pop after the bride and groom leave?

Just now, JennyMominFL said:

Bachelor to the Rapture? WTF?

Poor guy, he's given up at 28?

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

What does a 19-year-old kid do when she and her squeeze are pronounced husband and wife?  She yells, "WHOOOOO!!!" and gallops off down the aisle with a fist pump.  Jesus, take the fucking wheel.  

Jesus wont even take the wheel. Jesus OUT!

• Love 19

So joy wants to wear dresses because Austin likes her in dresses...christ on a cracker!! Dear Jessa 3 billion women have been pregnant and felt like you. We don't care. Shut up.

• Love 11
(edited)

Cindy is a total babe. What's she doing with these rubes??? She's way out of Michelle's league.

What I would give to cut off all that excess hair or at least pull it back from all of the wedding party's faces. The scraggly hair is NAGL.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 8