Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: A Mate For Life

• Start Topic

From now on I would like a Kennedy impression and discussion of regional Canadian restaurant chains on each episode, please. 

So I probably would not have remembered this, but I was at my high school yesterday because it's closing and they had a reception for the alumnae and being back there for the first time in 17 years brought back a ton of memories. My drama teacher freshman year - we'll call him Chris Suitor :-) - talked about how he was once roommates with the non-Joey Lawrence brother on Blossom and how the guy was really weird. However, my drama teacher was kind of an oddball himself, so, you know, grain of salt.

I don't know why Lily felt the need to tell Brandon she's "not promiscuous." 1.) He probably could have guessed that based on you wearing the least sexy underwear imaginable and 2.) Who gives a shit if some guy you will never see again thinks you're a slut? And who especially gives a shit if said guy is Brandon Walsh? 

The "Wild Wing" conversation made me laugh. I live in the Southeast, and we have a chain called "Wild Wing Cafe" (along with Buffalo Wild Wings) that is quite popular. There are probably around 7-8 franchises in my city alone.

• Love 1
(edited)

Only good thing about me sharing a name with Nat's ridiculous baby is I got to hear my name announced as MVP. Wheee!

In an alternate universe where I'm not a C-cup I would totally wear Lily's Hanes Her Way bra, not gonna front. It looks so soft and non-underwirey. Sounds like heaven. 

Edited by Molly Cule
damn you typos
(edited)

I laughed that the comment where Nat is standing on the table, surrounded by women.  It really does look like the start of the worst male stripper act ever.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 2

Whereas in the episode in season four where Brenda takes us back to 1968-9;

And Whereas in the episode in season two where Girl whose daddy was a mall-designing mogul and Brandon has a hissy about the Peach Pit being torn down;

And whereas I at least one or two other episodes where it is mentioned:

I hearby submit that Nat's father's name was Salvatore/Sally/Sal and not as mentioned within this episode hitherto: Francesco/Frankie.

Get it right, 90210 writers. Oh wait, look who I'm talking to. Nevermind.

I rest my case.

• Love 6
(edited)

I admit, I'm disappointed the podcast didn't have Nat's speech.  I wanted to hear how bad it was...

LOL btw that Nat's wife has no friends for her wedding like Antonia had no friends for her wedding.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 1

The challenge at the end made me laugh. We were on our way to our daughter's softball game last weekend, and decided we'd stop for lunch after. She vetoed Chick-Fil-A because she doesn't like their fries. I told my husband I get the urge for Chick-Fil-A about once a year. He said he never goes there, just on principle, and was waiting for an atheist to open up a chicken place. We were throwing around potential names for such an establishment, and I came up with HeatHens, which we were still laughing about last night.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, GoRunner said:

Whereas in the episode in season four where Brenda takes us back to 1968-9;

And Whereas in the episode in season two where Girl whose daddy was a mall-designing mogul and Brandon has a hissy about the Peach Pit being torn down;

And whereas I at least one or two other episodes where it is mentioned:

I hearby submit that Nat's father's name was Salvatore/Sally/Sal and not as mentioned within this episode hitherto: Francesco/Frankie.

Get it right, 90210 writers. Oh wait, look who I'm talking to. Nevermind.

I rest my case.

Wasn't Sal, the former Peach Pit owner, Nat's uncle?

Wasn't Sal, the former Peach Pit owner, Nat's uncle?

I am pretty sure--and according to a few online sources also--Sal was Nat's father. I think it's just another one of the many times the writers didn't care about continuity or those insignificant details.

Why can't I make the quote mark box work?

14 hours ago, benteen said:

LOL btw that Nat's wife has no friends for her wedding like Antonia had no friends for her wedding.

With Antonia, I sort of get having the 90210 girls having a bachelorette party and helping her get ready and all, since she was more connected to the group and was actually in their age range (and the show sort of justified it with her having been so sheltered and detached from her peers, plus Donna or Claire actually spoke to the fact that Toni didn't have any friends of her own). With Joan, though, why even go down this road of having the gang helping her get ready and doing all this stuff for the wedding like Joan is one of their BFFs? Why not just have Nat and Joan get married and all of the main characters show up at the wedding? Why call attention to the fact that you clearly don't want to hire more than one person to make out Joan's side of the guest list?

• Love 1

Shut up, Kelly. You chose you, and then Colin, and then had a stupid meltdown about Steve slut-shaming you, so if someone else wants to perform the odious chore of fucking Brandon, EYES ON YOUR OWN PAPER.

THANK YOU!!!!!! I will always love Jennie Garth for "Body in Progress" alone, but boy oh boy did Kelly Taylor suck at life. 

Another lovely retcon.. watching season 4 now And Brandon told Brenda the only relationship he had that lasted longer than a month is Emily valentine and she was a complete psychopath so he can't give relationship advice .. followed by one season later Emily being the love of his life , the one that got away 

So, to be clear, in season 7 the teen soap added a 60-something diner owner to the opening credits -- finger on the pulse of the youth there, Aaron -- and made his 50-something girlfriend pregnant. You know, like all the kids were clamoring for.

At least they can use their Guinness Records/medical miracle cash to pay for all that free food Nat's been giving away for years.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, oakville said:

Joan's water breaking at her wedding ceremony was a classic tv trope.

Why was Brandon wearing a suit that was too big for him ? He looked awful.

I hate this trope, and the super-fast-labor-once-water-is-broken trope. I’m sure most women who have given birth can attest that it’s a rare occurrence. 

• Love 2
On 12/30/2019 at 10:50 PM, ilovebeaarthur said:

I hate this trope, and the super-fast-labor-once-water-is-broken trope. I’m sure most women who have given birth can attest that it’s a rare occurrence. 

I Just gave birth 3 weeks ago and after my water broke , I was in labor for 23 hours . So yeah , you are correct lol 

how about the fact that Joan got pregnant to begin with 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I Just gave birth 3 weeks ago and after my water broke , I was in labor for 23 hours . So yeah , you are correct lol 

how about the fact that Joan got pregnant to begin with 

I mean, I was thinking it! Lady had to have been in menopause!

My water was broken for me, and I still labored for nearly 10 hours after 😩

congrats on your baby! 

• Love 1