Type keyword(s) to search

Wonderfalls - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I love this show so much I went to the LA Zoo to get a Wax Lion.  I found out that they had a machine there and the ticket people let me run in to make a wax lion for free (it was close to closing time).

My lion is blue and the face isn't smushed.

Best scene ever when Darrin asked Jaye when was the last time she had an orgasm.

• Like 1

Aw, cool! Bryan Fuller sent me one of the prop lions when I was running SaveWonderfalls. We recently did a full show rewatch. I always wanted a brass monkey, but those weren't props; they were real bookends and I believe there were only ever two of them. 

I loved that intro to Jaye's family. It was perfect. You really got a sense of who they all were and how they related to each other, and their characterization didn't change in future episodes.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Wow...this show is amazing. I had thought it would be too 'precious', bizarre and obnoxiously quirky for me (which may explain why it took me so ridiculously long to finally watch it!), and to some degree it is those things, but it just works so phenomenally well. I just love the characters, dialogue, and overall tone/themes/etc. It's like the best of Joan of Arcadia and Pushing Daisies rolled into one. I'm trying to talk myself out of buying the DVDs, but I can already tell it's a lost cause :) 

• Love 3

Feel free to discuss past or future projects of the cast or crew here!

Tracie Thoms performing with the company of Falsettos at the Tony Awards:

The revival of Falsettos was a limited run but before they closed, they filmed the show. It will air on PBS in October. It will also be in movie theaters beginning July 12th. You can find movie locations here.

I agree that she was so very underused on Hannibal which was disappointing. I am hoping to see her in another comedic role too because she was so funny on Wonderfalls.

Katie Finneran has appeared on Brockmire which is supposed to be good but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

Lee Pace has three movies coming out this year: The Keeping Hours, The Book of Henry, and Revolt. Halt and Catch Fire is on my list of shows to binge watch so I can catch up with everyone else. Hopefully I'll get to it this summer!

• Like 1