Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
maraleia

When Calls The Heart

I can't link at the moment but apparently Lori is going to be on the resurrected When Hope Calls, which is going to another Crown Media channel.  The Great American Country channel?  I've never heard of it, but it totally makes sense for a show set in Canada!

I'm surprised they're bringing that show back, I didn't think anyone watched it, though it being on a streaming network probably had to do with that.  WCtH remains Hallmark's cash cow (outside of the Christmas movies) so I guess I'm not surprised that they're milking the story for all it's worth.  

2 hours ago, dubstepford wife said:

I can't link at the moment but apparently Lori is going to be on the resurrected When Hope Calls, which is going to another Crown Media channel.  The Great American Country channel?  I've never heard of it, but it totally makes sense for a show set in Canada!

I'm surprised they're bringing that show back, I didn't think anyone watched it, though it being on a streaming network probably had to do with that.  WCtH remains Hallmark's cash cow (outside of the Christmas movies) so I guess I'm not surprised that they're milking the story for all it's worth.  

I too have never heard of the Great American Country channel. 

But like you posted, makes total sense for a show set in Canada and filmed in Canada to broadcast on the "Great American Country" channel.  [Pedants might stretch this to say well, Canada is a part of North America...]   😁

The only way I'm interested in Abigail is if she's with Henry for like one episode to wrap that up.  Otherwise?  I've got nothing and it is only because I'd like nice things for Henry that I'd be willing to allow for that.  I did watch the spinoff when it eventually aired on Hallmark but it was meh even by WCtH standards I'm not following it over to a more conservative version of Hallmark and certainly not for Abigail.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dubstepford wife said:

It’s run but Crown Media’s former CEO but it’s not a Crown Media Channel. GAC used to be a country music video channel then it became a country lifestyle channel owned by Discovery. It was recently sold and looks to be a Hallmark clone. 

Did y’all see this news?

‘When Calls The Heart’ Alum Daniel Lissing To Join Lori Loughlin In ‘When Hope Calls’ Spinoff

https://deadline.com/2021/10/when-calls-the-heart-daniel-lissing-lori-loughlin-when-hope-calls-spinoff-1234849000/

I hope it’s just some kind of flashback thing.  

They better not do the amnesia or long-lost twin thing or I’m just totally out.

I thought Daniel Lissing was off to “bigger and better things” so what’s up with this?

• Surprise 2

1 hour ago, SusanwatchingTV said:

Did y’all see this news?

‘When Calls The Heart’ Alum Daniel Lissing To Join Lori Loughlin In ‘When Hope Calls’ Spinoff

https://deadline.com/2021/10/when-calls-the-heart-daniel-lissing-lori-loughlin-when-hope-calls-spinoff-1234849000/

I hope it’s just some kind of flashback thing.  

They better not do the amnesia or long-lost twin thing or I’m just totally out.

I thought Daniel Lissing was off to “bigger and better things” so what’s up with this?

Wait - wasn't When Hope Calls a WCTH spinoff?  So now there's going to be spinoff of the spinoff?!  

7 hours ago, SusanwatchingTV said:

Sometimes bigger and better things don't happen.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Wait - wasn't When Hope Calls a WCTH spinoff?  So now there's going to be spinoff of the spinoff?!  

I think they said it wrong - they mean When Hope Calls IS the spinoff, not that it's getting one.

Considering that Daniel Lissing's character was already dead when that show began, I'm thinking he's going to play someone other than Jack? Because, yeah, the alternative would be pretty freaking weird.

12 hours ago, SusanwatchingTV said:

When Calls The Heart’ Alum Daniel Lissing To Join Lori Loughlin In ‘When Hope Calls’ Spinoff

The Lissing ep will be on 12/18 (2 hr premiere). I quit watching a long time ago (when they killed off the Mountie), but I'll watch this episode just for Daniel. I can't see this going on too long. I thought part of why he left was Lori trying to run things. Hmm. Well, when you need work, you need work.

https://www.tvinsider.com/1016681/when-hope-calls-season-2-premiere-daniel-lissing-lori-loughlin/

Edited by Ms Lark
  • Like 2

I'll eat crow if I turn out to be wrong, but there's no way they're bringing back Jack.  It's been too long and too much has happened.  If he had wanted to come back after one year that would have been doable, but it's been four seasons, and they're filming the fifth.  He's been gone for as long as he was on the show.  I'm guessing he's playing some other character and they'll have him grow out his hair or grow facial hair or something to disguise his very recognizable face, and/or he could speak with his Aussie accent.  

I've lost WCtH but I'm still watching Chesapeake Shores and Hallmark movies, so if DL comes back at part of the "Hallmark family" I'll definitely tune in for his movies, or watch another series if he gets one.  Hallmark just lost Jesse Metcalfe (for the same reasons as DL originally left, although Jesse has a bit more on his resume) so they probably are looking for a leading man that they know resonates with their audience.  Hallmark is like one giant soap opera, if actors decide to return, the network will make it happen, no matter how implausible the scenarios might be.

Edited by dubstepford wife
  • Like 1

Not good! Lori Loughlin should be shunned. 😇

• Like 5