Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
maraleia

When Calls The Heart

1 hour ago, ShelleySue said:

Are you sure you're not talking about Murdoch Mysteries?

Ha! Hmmm....Speaking of Zero-Chemistry Love Interests......

Ooooh! I know! WCTH was written by M. Night Shyamalan and It’s been the present day all along! Fiona’s disappearances haven’t been due to some unseen so-called “fiance” but because she’s running the experiment! 

Impressions:

1. Carter and Faith - Nobody cares. 

2. Somewhere, on google, there is a clip for the upcoming episode.  Rosemary is saying that some people come into your life for a season and others for a lifetime.  The image for 'a season' is Lucas, and the image for a lifetime is Nathan.  Is Hallmark sending a message?

11 minutes ago, sharifa70 said:

Ooooh! I know! WCTH was written by M. Night Shyamalan and It’s been the present day all along! Fiona’s disappearances haven’t been due to some unseen so-called “fiance” but because she’s running the experiment! 

Hope Valley = The Village!  And Jack isn't really dead, he just accidentally stumbled upon the real world and decided he liked modern medicine and high speed Internet.  Love it.

"Let me warm your jacket for you."  I guess that's about as sexually suggestive as a Hallmark show will allow.

• Laugh 6

40 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

Rosemary is saying that some people come into your life for a season and others for a lifetime.  The image for 'a season' is Lucas, and the image for a lifetime is Nathan.  Is Hallmark sending a message?

I don't think they would give the ending away like that - it's just Hallmark trying to throw more confusion into the issue.  I think Jack is the season, and the one Elizabeth chooses now is the lifetime.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

41 minutes ago, dubstepford wife said:

Hope Valley = The Village!  And Jack isn't really dead, he just accidentally stumbled upon the real world and decided he liked modern medicine and high speed Internet.  Love it.

ROFLMAO!  🤣  Well, I can't blame Jack. I too would prefer living in a world with modern medicine, and indeed, all the modern conveniences.

"Let me warm your jacket for you."  I guess that's about as sexually suggestive as a Hallmark show will allow.

I thought that scene was a little weird. Why didn't she just tell him to go stand by the fireplace to warm up!  Yeah, Elizabeth used to warm up Jack's red serge, but Nathan is not Jack. Again, goes to my point that maybe she's projecting what she felt for Jack onto the nearest Mountie.

• Like 3

Up until last night, I was 99% sure Elizabeth would ultimately pick Nathan.  I've changed my mind. I think she will pick Lucas now. I can't even really explain why.  Just a feeling.  But kudos to the show for actually pulling off a little suspense.  

They do seem to be setting up Fiona as a viable love interest for someone next season.  Please don't saddle her with Hickam. 

I hope the Carson/Faith breakup sticks.  Although did they ever have a conversation that they were ending things, or are both just assuming they are done?  

As others have mentioned, I was confused by the Canfields suddenly moving to the row houses after it seemed like they just bought that cabin.  

No Ally last night.  Yay! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

No Ally last night.  Yay!

I really thought there’d be a plot where Robert and Allie tag team baby sit Lil Jack. 

thank god 😅

Rosemary really is (re???) starting the newspaper. Good for her. I’m proud of her. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Rosemary is saying that some people come into your life for a season and others for a lifetime.  The image for 'a season' is Lucas, and the image for a lifetime is Nathan.  Is Hallmark sending a message?

There is a Canadian version of the promo as well which shows more from the finale and also shows Rosemary saying more of that quote with a different order of images "some for a REASON (Lucas), some for a SEASON (Nathan), and some for a LIFETIME" (Elizabeth alone but in front of the Mountie office). I think if the image placement was intentional it was just to stir interest, not to hint at anything. Here's the link to the promo on their twitter: 

On a similar note, I definitely think the ending was to misguide us into thinking she'll pick Nathan, but she's choose Lucas in the end. It's a classic Hallmark ending. Honestly part of me thinks she doesn't deserve Lucas but after last night I mostly just want to see him get his happy ending after what he's gone through this season. 

Edited by brighteyes · Reason: Added link
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, allonsyalice said:
13 hours ago, brighteyes said:

Honestly part of me thinks she doesn't deserve Lucas

You're right.

I'm with you here.

I don't really like Elizabeth, but I do like Lucas.  I suppose I have been caught up in the Nathan/Lucas team dynamic so I have preferred her choosing Lucas (because he is the one I would choose), but I would really rather see him with someone new and  exciting.

I had a thought while watching the program Sunday - just before Elizabeth started singing to her son, she said something about "just you and me".  Foreshadowing that she chooses neither of the men, after having realized that her heart really isn't with either of them?  I would like to see that.  (Factoring in the last scene with Nathan where she possibly recognized that it wasn't really him she was interested in, it was her associating him with Jack; and the last scene with Lucas where he set her free and she possibly felt relief? )  Just speculating...

• Like 5

I’ve reached the point where I think Lucas deserves so much better, and Elizabeth and Nathan deserve each other. May they leave Hope Valley together and live with the most annoying tween on the planet!

• Laugh 8

I really want to rescue Lucas from this shitty show he's on. (Tempted to write a bar owner named Lucas into my next book if that wouldnt be plagarism) I really only watch for him and Rosemary. And Lucas just deserves better. Honestly, the problem with drawn out triangles means that the main character will almost never end up in a good light after waffling and changing their mind. it makes them look fickle, and in Elizabeth's case, it makes her look selfish and lowkey weak as well. 

• Like 9

I just don’t see what’s so all-fired great about Elizabeth that she’d have two men chasing her, especially after waffling for this long.

Nathan has been coming off like a stalker (and a somewhat ill-tempered one at that), while Lucas has been treating Elizabeth really well and has been exceedingly patient with her. Even for the show’s time period, it makes no sense to me that she was so reluctant to even so much as hold hands(!!!) in public. The way she was acting, you’d think she was some blushing 16-year-old virgin, not a woman who’s been married and given birth to a child!

• Like 5

I've been positive that it would be Nathan this whole time but after last night I think it will be Lucas which could be nice because I think Nathan almost has potential with Fi.   

How weird was it Robert babysitting little Jack and that not being a plot?  Something cut or maybe filling the kid who plays Robert's contract guarantee?

What is up with the Canfield employment situation.  They move to town wanting to buy a gas station but then they buy a cabin in the woods and then they leave the cabin in the woods so they can move to town so he can become pastor and I guess okay.. and now he also works for Lee but he has to give notice to Lucas first?!?!?   So many careers.  How long until Mini at the Cafe also takes over the dress shop?

• Like 3

On 5/3/2021 at 11:56 AM, MollyMelrose said:

Surely now that Rosemary has decided to become an investigative journalist she will discover the well-kept secret that since 1914 war has been raging in every corner of the world  ... except Hope Valley.

At this point, given all the anachronisms, I fully expect Rosemary to invent social media.

• Laugh 8

The triangle finishes this Sunday!! If only it had been an actual triangle...instead we got one actual suitor, Elizabeth, and a socially awkward guy moping in the corner with his niece wondering why Liz won’t choose him after no dates or alone time together.

If she chooses anyone but Lucas she’s a fool.

• Like 10

I swear, if she chooses Nathan I’m out. Not because I’m necessarily a Lucas/Elizabeth shipper, but because I am Sick. And. Tired. of Hallmark (et al) trying to force the message that What Women Really Want is Men Who Pout, Lecture, and Tell Them Their Choices are Wrong. Because, you know, attentive, courteous, supportive men are just Too Nice, amirite? She can’t possibly be happy unless her man is telling her when she’s wrong.

Rant, rant, rant...

• Like 5

Whichever one the writers have her choose, will they then have that one always wondering if she wanted the other one?  She always gets that little inhale/look when she sees one of them, like it is a big surprise she is trying to hide and her heart goes pitter patter.  She will walk down the pristine town street in her fancy coat she changes twice or more an episode holding hands with her choice.  Then the other one appears and she does that move, and the one holding her hand gets a look like "maybe she really wants him".  I am still holding out hope a third one rides into town and the decision is made.  Or she rides out of town and leaves it to Rosemary.

3 hours ago, sharifa70 said:

I swear, if she chooses Nathan I’m out. Not because I’m necessarily a Lucas/Elizabeth shipper, but because I am Sick. And. Tired. of Hallmark (et al) trying to force the message that What Women Really Want is Men Who Pout, Lecture, and Tell Them Their Choices are Wrong.

That's not the reason I'd be out if she chooses Nathan.  It's because the writers didn't give one plausible reason WHY she should choose him.  They had no dates, time alone, meaningful conversations, etc.  There's just believable reason and the only motive for wasting an entire season on 'will she or won't she' was for ratings.  It's like the entire season was a cliffhanger

• Like 9

I get cliff hangers but this is stupid!! They teased us at the beginning that Elisabeth would make a choice..ugh...my pick is Lucas...I like the actor that plays  nathan...alot...but the writing wants me to have E  pick Lucas. We won't know till next season..SO that sucks big time. I'm almost done watching this poop show

• Like 3

14 hours ago, SHERMDOG said:

I get cliff hangers but this is stupid!! They teased us at the beginning that Elisabeth would make a choice..ugh...my pick is Lucas...I like the actor that plays  nathan...alot...but the writing wants me to have E  pick Lucas. We won't know till next season..SO that sucks big time. I'm almost done watching this poop show

Wait - WHAT?  I thought we find out Sunday night?

1 hour ago, lakin1013 said:

Wait - WHAT?  I thought we find out Sunday night?

Pretty sure it will be Sunday.  I’ve heard and seen a lot of interviews where they say the love triangle will end this season.  Besides, I think if they tried to delay it to next season to make that the cliffhanger, you would have a lot of disgusted fans who might not come back to finally find out.

Watch them pull a Virgin River type stunt where she makes her choice and everything seems good and resolved, and then the guy she chose gets shot and the cliffhanger is, do we know if he survived?  (for anyone who doesn't watch Virgin River this is what happened at the end of the most recent season)

Personally I still think the "cliffhanger" is going to be Abigail walking in at the last moment of the episode.  I think they've said there will be a "special guest" and when I think about meaningful past characters all I can think of is the ghost of Jack shows up in a dream to give his blessing to the new relationship (which seems very Hallmark) or LL shows up at the very end.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dubstepford wife said:

I think they've said there will be a "special guest" and when I think about meaningful past characters all I can think of is the ghost of Jack shows up in a dream to give his blessing to the new relationship (which seems very Hallmark) or LL shows up at the very end.

I’ve actually seen an interview with Daniel Lissing where he says he would be happy to do something like that, but he’s not coming back.  He wants to write, produce and star in his own stuff, either here or in Oz.  I’ve seen him in other Hallmark stuff (December Bride) and it was okay and he said that Hallmark was great to work for.