Type keyword(s) to search

When Calls The Heart - General Discussion

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, izabella said:

This is actually a big problem with this show.  The anachronisms are many, but all these single women wandering around running businesses and not being married would never have happened.  They'd have been married as teens, not running barbershops.

Back in the day, Elizabeth absolutely would have needed and wanted a husband. 

I came in late to this series, but if I recall correctly there was a mine disaster which killed almost all the men.  So the women would not have found new husbands right away, and were running businesses because they were taking up the slack from lack of menfolk.

That said, I don't think we can ever expect historical accuracy from a show like this.  It is, after all, the Hallmark channel.

2 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

I came in late to this series, but if I recall correctly there was a mine disaster which killed almost all the men.  So the women would not have found new husbands right away, and were running businesses because they were taking up the slack from lack of menfolk.

That said, I don't think we can ever expect historical accuracy from a show like this.  It is, after all, the Hallmark channel.

Don't forget, the husbands did manual labor, suggesting they came from a lower class...as indicated in the first season, many of the widows were unable to pay rent on their homes or even food on the table (I forget his name, but there was a boy in S1 who said they were lucky his mom knew how to make somewhat tasty dinners out of the fish he caught).

Even Abigail, whose husband was the foreman - AND had additional income from a working son - was largely in the same position. The only reason she was able to open the cafe was because Henry agreed to back her in exchange for a ridiculous percentage (and also hinted at sexual favors, IIRC). So it's rather doubtful that the majority of the widows would have had either the capital or the skills to open businesses.

This show is almost science fiction-y/fantasy lately.  All the clothes, all the makeup, all the hairstyles, no dirt, horses don't poop in the streets, no bad weather, no runny noses, no one has money woes, etc.

16 hours ago, Stuffy said:

a lot of the romance is running on fumes due to every relationship/courtship being drug out forever. 

Yeah, except the whole Ned & Florence "romance" (and I guess wedding in the next episode) came absolutely OUT OF NOWHERE! This show doesn't know how to do a happy medium.

Even the Jack/Elizabeth romance was dragged out 1-2 seasons too long, imho.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

This show is almost science fiction-y/fantasy lately.  All the clothes, all the makeup, all the hairstyles, no dirt, horses don't poop in the streets, no bad weather, no runny noses, no one has money woes, etc.

My biggest peeve has always been the makeup and bright clothing. I understand that the actresses are 21st century women who want to look good on TV according to modern standards. But again, from the copious amounts of historical reading I've done over the years, women in that era did NOT wear makeup or bright clothing (Rosemary as an actress might have, but after settling with a husband in a small town, she likely would have been forced to tone it down if she wanted to be accepted). The general idea was that a good Christian woman did not "paint" herself or wear flashy colors, for fear of others thinking she was "fast" or "easy". 

On a semi-related note, they also did not enter saloons, for fear of people thinking they were not respectable. When Clara was first hired to work at the saloon and Jesse was upset, this was actually rather historically accurate. As saloons anywhere but Hallmark were full of drunken rowdiness - and girls who worked in them often supplemented their income by "entertaining" men in the rooms upstairs - Jesse could be forgiven for thinking that others might look poorly at Clara if she worked there.

• Love 7

The description of tonight's episode:

"A wedding in Hope Valley leads every couple to evaluate their relationships; Rosemary discovers there is more happening in Hope Valley than everyone realizes, and she decides to get to the bottom of it."

Any guesses as to what that is all about?

Maybe it will tie some of these storylines together.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

Rosemary discovers there is more happening in Hope Valley than everyone realizes, and she decides to get to the bottom of it.

Is Rosemary a detective now???

I hope her midlife crisis/second act story is her opening a private investigation business 

• LOL 2
19 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

Is Rosemary a detective now???

I hope her midlife crisis/second act story is her opening a private investigation business 

If she is still on the switchboard and listens in to everyone's phone calls, she is in a position to learn a lot...

• LOL 2

Rosemary is prepping for her position running the newspaper.  She's learning to be lady reporter which honestly feels like a good job for her.

I know I mention this a lot when everybody says that Elizabeth would be forced to be married by now or even desperate to be married by now but my great-grandmother (dad's dad's mom) was widowed the day before my grandfather was born in 1914.  She worked as a school teacher throughout my grandfather's entire childhood and never remarried.  They were poor living on his mother's salaray and my grandfather got his first job on the paper route when he was tiny despite the fact that she had family in town some of whom were in the professional class.

2 other sets of great-grandparents divorced (one several times.  She lived in Alaska.) and the other set of great grandparents were married for a million years but they owned a business.  She worked all day and he worked all night.   They were relatively well off but my grandmother was raised by the help and always said she felt very lonely because her parents pretty much came home to sleep... they did... though manage to support both of their entire extended families through the depression so I suspect that had something to do with the punishing schedules they both kept.

History loves to tell you "the story" but the official story for normal people and the story when you get down to brass tacks to learn your own story arent' always the same thing.  This show is absolutely full of anachronisms but could Elizabeth chose to be working as a school teacher while raising a young son after the death of her husband before the birth of her son?  Yep.  She could be.   I know.  My great-grandmother was.   

• Love 4

So Henry has been keeping up a secret correspondence with Abigail and admits to having regrets about not acting on anything with her...seems like a very heavy-handed way of confirming the actress will return, and a direction for her story to take...

• Useful 2

So the mind-numbing triangle continues to get even more mind-numbing...

Didn't someone post that we were assured that Elizabeth would make her decision at the end of this season?  I fervently hope so.

Allie continues to be a brat walking away from the switchboard she is supposed to be manning.  I am guessing that she was there temporarily because Rosemary was working on the wedding dress, and would be back at the switchboard.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, treeofdreams said:

Didn't someone post that we were assured that Elizabeth would make her decision at the end of this season?  I fervently hope so.

I went to Google and searched.  According to what I could find, yes, it is supposed to be settled this season. There is a video clip of Erin K stating that it would be decided.  I think there are only two more eps so somebody better start looking like the winner.  Soon.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

So Henry has been keeping up a secret correspondence with Abigail and admits to having regrets about not acting on anything with her...seems like a very heavy-handed way of confirming the actress will return, and a direction for her story to take...

Wow - wow - wow, that's really something for "squeaky clean" Hallmark to rehire the actress if in fact, the role will be played once again by LL.  But, yeah, IA that the role is very likely returning with how often Abigail has been mentioned lately (last 5 episodes or so), when she hadn't been mentioned in forever!

1 hour ago, treeofdreams said:

12 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

I went to Google and searched.  According to what I could find, yes, it is supposed to be settled this season. There is a video clip of Erin K stating that it would be decided.  I think there are only two more eps so somebody better start looking like the winner.  Soon.  

Is anyone else getting the feeling that WCTH will do a double blind?  That is, they WANT us to think Elizabeth will choose Nathan (considering she never truly shut him down, and the preview clips of Lucas witnessing some sort of intimacy between E & N). BUT, the show has been misleading the audience on purpose, and E will actually choose Lucas in the end?  

Or, am I being too clever overthinking this?

Anyhoo, like I posted on this forum before, the romance involving the young 'uns (Jesse/Clara, Elizabeth/Jack, even the sort of young Lee/Rosemary and Faith/Carson) are long and drawn out, whereas Florence and Ned went from flirting to married in basically 4-5 episodes!  smdh

• Love 1

My suspicion for what will happen next:

This will turn into a Hallmark movie type of story.  Rosemary, with her "I will find out what is going on", will find out that developers are planning to turn Hope Valley into a resort and condos.  Abigail, as mayor, will return at the end of the season to lead the fight against the developers to save the town.

I came in late to the series, so I am not clear about a lot of stuff.  This was a mining town, yes?  And then there was a mining disaster.  Is the mine still open?  If not, then the mining company that owns  the land could be considering selling it to the developers.

Didn't we see something a while ago about surveyors being seen in town?  Or am I mixing that up with another show?

Anyway, at least it would be a new direction for the show to take, once we are done with the interminable triangle.

Edited to add: Oops, I forgot "when" I am.  Did they have condos back then?  Probably not.  Some other type of expensive housing, then.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 2

It's very strange that in the past few weeks three things that haven't been mentioned for a long a long time, sometimes literally for years.

1. Abigail

2. Rosemary arriving in Hope Valley because she was (or thought she was) engaged to Jack.

3. The whole mining disaster that was the initial premise of the show.  Henry told Bill that he would talk to him about the cause.  Florence and Molly discussing it briefly.

On another note . . . I am sick (pun intended) of the whole Carson, Faith thing.  I wish that one of them would just make up their mind and stick with it.  I'm sure that will be one of those cliffhangers until next year.

And of course Lucas looks out the window just as Elizabeth and Nathan are holding hands.  Of course he does.

• Love 5

I think Abigail is coming back for sure.  There have just been too many hints, and this latest one with Gowan having regrets is a biggie.  Now, is it LL who comes back or do they recast, I think it's probably going to be LL.  I think they might even have her show up at the very, very end of the last episode of this season as a "cliffhanger" and a lead-in to next season.  And if my instincts are right and it's LL, then I never want to hear from the Moral Majority Hausfraus ever again about squeaky clean Hallmark and protecting the children and whatever else they say.  The same people who think a thirty second lesbian wedding or a gay adoption subplot are grounds for a boycott, and that they need to shield their children's eyes from a revealing dress (which wasn't revealing at all), but bringing back someone who actually went to jail for fraud?  That's totally fine by them.

I think I might be done for good after this season.  I stopped watching after season five, then got caught up, but there's just nothing grabbing my attention anymore.  It's just boring, misogynistic, and if LL comes back I'm really not interested in watching her take over the show for a second time.  Though if they did a Miss Rosemary's Murder Mysteries spinoff I'd totally watch that.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, dubstepford wife said:

Though if they did a Miss Rosemary's Murder Mysteries spinoff I'd totally watch that.

Totally.

But you can't have too many murders in a small town without decimating the population.  Maybe she could have other mysteries as well, like missing persons, robberies, etc.  Either way, yes, I would watch!!

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, dubstepford wife said:

And if my instincts are right and it's LL, then I never want to hear from the Moral Majority Hausfraus ever again about squeaky clean Hallmark and protecting the children and whatever else they say.  The same people who think a thirty second lesbian wedding or a gay adoption subplot are grounds for a boycott, and that they need to shield their children's eyes from a revealing dress (which wasn't revealing at all), but bringing back someone who actually went to jail for fraud?  That's totally fine by them.

They should all watch Operation Varsity Blues so that they realize LL is actually a convicted felon.  Despite not being highlighted in the documentary, her husband and daughter came off very poorly. I know that I won't be able to watch her on When Calls the Heart again and think of her as being all sweetness and light -- she's not that good of an actress. I'm  wondering if that's why Henry keeps talking about how much she changed him so that if she does come back we're supposed to subliminally equate LL with redemption.

• Love 4

What an absolute CRAP filler episode that was.  Elizabeth still looks 'torn between two lovers', Nathan and Lucas are still 'swinging' around each other, Allie is even brattier (run, Robert......RUN!), Jesse is still a doofus, Mike is too timid for Fiona and Carson - biggest tool of all - is giving up Baltimore for a woman he has absolutely no chemistry with.  UGH.

Well, perhaps the only interesting tidbits was this potential sheister Jesse invested his money with (not sure whose more at fault here - Jesse for making a bad decision and withdrawing all their savings behind Clara's back or the sheister, whom we don't know enough about to get a read on whether he's nefarious or not) as well as finding out Henry's been writing to Abigail

And an entire town (well, just the cast) revolving their entire day around a wedding.  I'm guessing it was a Saturday since Lee wasn't working and Elizabeth wasn't teaching (just Ned's store was open for business).  That opening scene was cringy without all the guys coming out of the woodwork to ask Ned what was wrong.  Does everyone always have to be in the same spot at the same exact time??

I really don't care who Elizabeth chooses at this point because they've drawn it out to ridiculous proportions.   She is NOT that big of a catch for TWO men to be mooning after her all this time.  UGH!  And, is it me or was Lucas' demeanor a little standoffish in this episode - as if the writers are setting him up to look bad so Nathan can now shine in Elizabeth's eyes?  Double UGH!

• Love 4

What I don't understand is that in a town with a full-time Mountie and the head of the flippin' WSB (General Hospital-ly speaking) in residence, only Rosemary seems concerned about potential nefarious shenanigans afoot.

If Abigail returns, will officially be cheering for a large meteor to make a direct hit on Hope Valley - on a day Fiona, the Colters, and the new minister and family are all out of town, of course.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ctlady said:

And, is it me or was Lucas' demeanor a little standoffish in this episode - as if the writers are setting him up to look bad so Nathan can now shine in Elizabeth's eyes?

I think Lucas suspects that Elizabeth still has feelings for Nathan, and that despite what she has said, she has not really decided against Nathan.  So he is probably protecting himself in case of a reversal.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MollyMelrose said:

If Abigail returns, will officially be cheering for a large meteor to make a direct hit on Hope Valley - on a day Fiona, the Colters, and the new minister and family are all out of town, of course.

And Allie is standing right in the meteor's line of fire!

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

When Erin K said there would be a decision/resolution did she say Elizabeth would choose one of the men? Because maybe a resolution is neither. 

I have been thinking about that.  If nobody really emerges as the main dude in the next episode, there is a chance that E picks nobody.  I thought there was a moment between Nathan and Fiona at the wedding party so maybe the writers pair them up.  A  new female character arrives for Lucas and E gets severe arthritis :-)

• Love 1

I am all for Elizabeth chooses herself but it feels so off brand for Hallmark.

With Gowan and Abigail writing letters it really does feel like an Abigail return but as much as I don't want Laurie Laughlin to return the reason Henry and Aibligain worked is because for whatever reason those two actors had crazy chemistry.   I was totally there for it and they chem tested LL with every actor of a certain age on the show she did not spark like that with anybody.  Maybe you can recast Abigail, I have no problem with that idea, but I was only into Abigail and Henry because of their chemistry.  So if the new Abigail doesn't spark like that with him... i have no reason to want that.

2 other less likely scenarios, Gowan is going to leave town to be with Abigail  or Gowan is going to go get Abigail back but she's going to die tragically before he can get there.  And he's desperate to make up  for the time he didn't spend being a role model for his son and Cody is just graduated (He and Robert were the same age, right?) and needs a bit of a guiding influence as he starts out in life.  So Henry brings newly orphaned (again) Cody back to Hope Valley so he and Robert can be in the worlds most obnoxious love triangle with niece.

I did think for a second that there might have been a hint of a possibly maybe Fi/Nathan pairing down the line with Fi being up on whatever fishing thing Nathan had done in his niece's hair.  

I'd like better for Fi.  But...

• Love 2

After this new episode, it seems obvious to me that Lucas thinks she's still into Nathan after that hand holding scene, but in reality Nathan has already decided to move on (the previews for the next episode seem to give off more of friendship vibe). Nathan will probably end up seeing Fiona next season because the scene with Allie hinted to a possible romance. Plus it looked like she friendzoned Hickam when she was chatting with him.

Lucas will be upset for most of episode 11 and Rosemary will be the one who goes missing after she falls off her horse. At some point Lucas and Elizabeth talk about Nathan and he'll (hopefully) tell her how he's feeling . Once Rosemary is found she'll talk to Elizabeth about moving on.. then she takes off her rings goes to find Lucas, they kiss, and the season ends. That's my guess based on all the promos so far! 

11 hours ago, ctlady said:

And, is it me or was Lucas' demeanor a little standoffish in this episode - as if the writers are setting him up to look bad so Nathan can now shine in Elizabeth's eyes? 

I noticed that too but I think it's a good acting choice on Chris McNally's part. I think after hearing that Nathan told her he loves her (TWICE) he became more guarded. The past few episodes they've been dating steadily, and Lucas had no reason to believe she was still into Nathan because everything she told him sounded like she was done with him. But then she said she just walked away from Nathan instead of outright rejecting him, Lucas felt like there was still no resolution to the triangle and maybe their relationship wasn't as secure as he thought. I think he's silently watching them and eventually it'll be a confrontation with Elizabeth where he finally lets it all out. The poor guy can only have so much patience when she's taking forever to make things official - he seemed heartbroken when he saw them holding hands. 

Regarding Abigail - the creator also said there's a surprise ending (and the finale is slightly extended by a few minutes) so I wouldn't be shocked if Abigail showed up in the last few moments. Since Lori was in prison until the end of 2020, I'm not sure how she was able to shoot any scenes especially due to COVID because they filmed on a closed set in Canada (which has tighter restrictions) earlier in the year and she wasn't allowed to leave the US at the time since she was about to go to prison. All the mentions of her make me think either they went back recently to film an extra ending scene, making the episode a bit longer, OR they're planning on bringing her back for season 9 and this was all just to prepare everyone for her return. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

I think Lucas suspects that Elizabeth still has feelings for Nathan, and that despite what she has said, she has not really decided against Nathan.  So he is probably protecting himself in case of a reversal.

2 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

I have been thinking about that.  If nobody really emerges as the main dude in the next episode, there is a chance that E picks nobody.  I thought there was a moment between Nathan and Fiona at the wedding party so maybe the writers pair them up.  A  new female character arrives for Lucas and E gets severe arthritis :-)

1 hour ago, bybrandy said:

I am all for Elizabeth chooses herself but it feels so off brand for Hallmark.

With Gowan and Abigail writing letters it really does feel like an Abigail return but as much as I don't want Laurie Laughlin to return the reason Henry and Aibligain worked is because for whatever reason those two actors had crazy chemistry.   I was totally there for it and they chem tested LL with every actor of a certain age on the show she did not spark like that with anybody.  Maybe you can recast Abigail, I have no problem with that idea, but I was only into Abigail and Henry because of their chemistry.  So if the new Abigail doesn't spark like that with him... i have no reason to want that.

[snip]

I did think for a second that there might have been a hint of a possibly maybe Fi/Nathan pairing down the line with Fi being up on whatever fishing thing Nathan had done in his niece's hair.  

Yes, I too think that Lucas is being cautious for the reasons you've all posted on this forum. 

As for Nathan and Fiona, I also saw the setup for those two via niece Ally because she kind of had a "hmmmmm" look on her face when Fiona mentioned the type of fishing knot Nathan did to Ally's hair. 

Finally, regarding what I bolded above, I've posted multiple times here that I don't really care for the "love of a good woman makes a bad man see the error of his ways" trope, but in the case of Henry/Abigail, I am willing to make an exception. The two actors have the most chemistry of any two characters I've seen on this show (except for Jack/Elizabeth). From Season 1, I saw it and the show took pains to develop it further, then the whole college scandal happened and derailed what I think was going to be a Henry/Abigail romance. It may be on track again given recent developments in the last few episodes.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bybrandy said:

I'd like better for Fi.  But...

BIG SAME. The way she doesn't even care about Mike that much, lmao, the show will never convince me that Mike and Fiona are a viable couple. (Although, I do see where Mike is coming from. Too bad she's a lesbian.)

Speaking of the show convincing me, I know they did not just spend a whole episode on the will-they-wont-they on a couple I don't care about. Like they fast tracked this whole ass relationship only to spend 95% of the episode lowkey waffling. It was so lame. 

The amount of time these two men have spent fighting over this woman who isn't even that great of a catch is insane. I don't even care how it ends please just end it. I won't mind seeing the Ultimate Throw(tm) Nathan die in a fire. A big and long one. (Lucas deserves to ride off into the sunset with someone who deserves his love language of acrs of service)

(Also it really bugged me that the dress that Molly and now Florence has definitely has a concealed back zip.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I don't really care for the "love of a good woman makes a bad man see the error of his ways" trope, but in the case of Henry/Abigail, I am willing to make an exception. 

IMHO, he was already seeing the error of his ways without her - the whole prison sentence and literally losing the respect of everyone he ever knew took care of that. Abigail was just willing to accept that he had changed a lot sooner than other people, and to support that without holding his past against him.

• Love 2

Is LL still involved with the show behind-the-scenes (wasn't she a producer of the show or something before)? Because I can't see any other reason why Abigail would return. The show has moved on just fine without her, and other than giving Henry a reason to smile, what would she add at this point?

• Love 3
16 hours ago, lakin1013 said:
17 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

When Erin K said there would be a decision/resolution did she say Elizabeth would choose one of the men? Because maybe a resolution is neither. 

I have been thinking about that.  If nobody really emerges as the main dude in the next episode, there is a chance that E picks nobody.

To which I will stick by my Kelly Taylor "I choose me" theory :)

• Love 1

Re: Abigail - I always regretted the decision to remove Pastor Frank from the show (I recall reading an interview with the actor, confirming that leaving was not his choice). Not only was he a strong character, good with both Abigail and Cody, but there was a lot of room for further character development and storylines based on his past. (I mean, how exactly does one go about joining a gang of bank robbers, anyways??)

• Love 3

Who else thought that Henry's letter from Christopher was going to be a letter from Abigail?

I watch this show every week, I really do.  I think I'm paying attention, but my mind must wander.  The Canfield's bought the cabin in a beautiful setting and they were fixing it up.  Joseph even built a swing that I would love to have.  Then all of a sudden they sold the cabin to a mysterious person and moved into a cookie cutter house in town.  Now Joseph is not only the pastor but he's working at Lee's company.  When did all of that happen?  I do remember Minnie starting to work at the cafe but I missed the rest of it.  Was this a few seconds or a major plot development?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, ShelleySue said:

Who else thought that Henry's letter from Christopher was going to be a letter from Abigail?

Yeah, that's the logical assumption given Henry & Ned talked about how Henry & Abigail write to each other.

I watch this show every week, I really do.  I think I'm paying attention, but my mind must wander.  The Canfield's bought the cabin in a beautiful setting and they were fixing it up.  Joseph even built a swing that I would love to have.  Then all of a sudden they sold the cabin to a mysterious person and moved into a cookie cutter house in town.  Now Joseph is not only the pastor but he's working at Lee's company.  When did all of that happen?  I do remember Minnie starting to work at the cafe but I missed the rest of it.  Was this a few seconds or a major plot development?

I'm in the same boat here. Some developments are whiplash (Ned & Florence, Canfields moving to the cookie cutter house), and others are long, drawn out (Elizabeth & whoever, Faith & Carter).

Anyhoo, this is what I think happens in the season finale:

As I posted before, I think the show WANTS to misdirect us by letting us think Elizabeth chooses Nathan, but I think Lucas will win out in the end. I think she will realize that what she felt for Jack was getting projected onto someone else *who just happens to be a Mountie*, rather than having romantic feelings for Nathan per se. 

Also, in the last episode, Fiona mentioned being open to love, and in the episode before that, we've remarked on this forum that Fiona helping Allie with her hair seemed to be a clue that Fiona and Nathan might be paired up.

Well, we'll see soon enough if my prediction is correct. But the thing I'm most curious about next week is who will be the "surprise" appearance...?   A recast Abigail, or LL, or...?

• Love 5

Good for Lucas for being the adult in the room. If Elizabeth wants him, she'll have to do the chasing now, because he's done. She "chose" him, but every time he wanted to get together, she acted like there was somewhere else she had to be. And every time he turned around, she and Nathan were in each other's faces. Of course that was going to get old. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

But the thing I'm most curious about next week is who will be the "surprise" appearance...?   A recast Abigail, or LL, or...?

King George V shows up wanting to know what the hell all the able-bodied men (and a doctor!) are doing picking flowers and pondering Baltimore fellowships instead of, you know, fighting.

• LOL 9
30 minutes ago, sharifa70 said:

King George V shows up wanting to know what the hell all the able-bodied men (and a doctor!) are doing picking flowers and pondering Baltimore fellowships instead of, you know, fighting.

Are you sure you're not talking about Murdoch Mysteries?

1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

As I posted before, I think the show WANTS to misdirect us by letting us think Elizabeth chooses Nathan, but I think Lucas will win out in the end. I think she will realize that what she felt for Jack was getting projected onto someone else *who just happens to be a Mountie*, rather than having romantic feelings for Nathan per se. 

Exactly.  She seemed more interested in the Mountie uniform she was warming than in the Mountie who had just been in the uniform.

I almost forgot that Jesse is missing.  With that in mind, this is my prediction for next week:  We will see a horse with a rider but we will not be able to make out the rider due to the camera angles.  The rider will be shown rescuing Jesse.  We'll see Jesse's face showing surprise and maybe he'll say something, like, "But I thought you were . . . " Meanwhile everyone will be scouring the mountain looking for Jesse.  The Pinkertons will confront the faceless person on horseback who is somehow transporting Jesse.  The Pinkertons will be hostile but the person on horseback, whose voice we will not hear, will somehow resolve the situation.  At the end the person on horseback will ride into town with Jesse and we'll see that the person is Abigail.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, sharifa70 said:

Surely now that Rosemary has decided to become an investigative journalist she will discover the well-kept secret that since 1914 war has been raging in every corner of the world  ... except Hope Valley.

• LOL 9
(edited)

With only one episode left, it seems like they are setting up a whole lot of cliffhangers.  Bummer.

Even if Elizabeth makes her choice, we are still left with how the triangle participants deal with her decision, so this won't be over.  Also bummer.

Edited by treeofdreams
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I was  thinking the same thing as I watched that scene.  "Let me warm up your jacket for you, I used to do that for Jack."  And then buttoning it up for him.  Good grief.

The look on her face as he left said something was  going on in her head...

1 hour ago, ShelleySue said:

Are you sure you're not talking about Murdoch Mysteries?

Ha! Hmmm....Speaking of Zero-Chemistry Love Interests......

Ooooh! I know! WCTH was written by M. Night Shyamalan and It’s been the present day all along! Fiona’s disappearances haven’t been due to some unseen so-called “fiance” but because she’s running the experiment! 

• LOL 1

Impressions:

1. Carter and Faith - Nobody cares. 

2. Somewhere, on google, there is a clip for the upcoming episode.  Rosemary is saying that some people come into your life for a season and others for a lifetime.  The image for 'a season' is Lucas, and the image for a lifetime is Nathan.  Is Hallmark sending a message?

11 minutes ago, sharifa70 said:

Ooooh! I know! WCTH was written by M. Night Shyamalan and It’s been the present day all along! Fiona’s disappearances haven’t been due to some unseen so-called “fiance” but because she’s running the experiment! 

Hope Valley = The Village!  And Jack isn't really dead, he just accidentally stumbled upon the real world and decided he liked modern medicine and high speed Internet.  Love it.

"Let me warm your jacket for you."  I guess that's about as sexually suggestive as a Hallmark show will allow.

• LOL 8
40 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

Rosemary is saying that some people come into your life for a season and others for a lifetime.  The image for 'a season' is Lucas, and the image for a lifetime is Nathan.  Is Hallmark sending a message?

I don't think they would give the ending away like that - it's just Hallmark trying to throw more confusion into the issue.  I think Jack is the season, and the one Elizabeth chooses now is the lifetime.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, dubstepford wife said:

Hope Valley = The Village!  And Jack isn't really dead, he just accidentally stumbled upon the real world and decided he liked modern medicine and high speed Internet.  Love it.

ROFLMAO!  🤣  Well, I can't blame Jack. I too would prefer living in a world with modern medicine, and indeed, all the modern conveniences.

"Let me warm your jacket for you."  I guess that's about as sexually suggestive as a Hallmark show will allow.

I thought that scene was a little weird. Why didn't she just tell him to go stand by the fireplace to warm up!  Yeah, Elizabeth used to warm up Jack's red serge, but Nathan is not Jack. Again, goes to my point that maybe she's projecting what she felt for Jack onto the nearest Mountie.

• Love 3

Up until last night, I was 99% sure Elizabeth would ultimately pick Nathan.  I've changed my mind. I think she will pick Lucas now. I can't even really explain why.  Just a feeling.  But kudos to the show for actually pulling off a little suspense.  

They do seem to be setting up Fiona as a viable love interest for someone next season.  Please don't saddle her with Hickam. 

I hope the Carson/Faith breakup sticks.  Although did they ever have a conversation that they were ending things, or are both just assuming they are done?  

As others have mentioned, I was confused by the Canfields suddenly moving to the row houses after it seemed like they just bought that cabin.  

No Ally last night.  Yay! 

• Love 3