Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
maraleia

When Calls The Heart

Recommended Posts

On 3/29/2021 at 6:28 PM, scenicbyway said:

I don’t want to read one more comment from a Nathan fan about Lucas not understanding Elizabeth’s responsibilities as a mother and how mad they are about little Jack not being on their dates.  Why would someone with childcare take their toddler on dates in 1918?

Nathan seems too slick to me.  The dates are over the top and I don't necessarily  think they should bring her child on dates, but has he even met Little Jack?  He should make some effort to get know the kid and include him in something.

Share this post


Link to post

On 3/23/2021 at 2:16 PM, scenicbyway said:

Kids also went to school at that time only till about 12 years old because they had to go to work. 

Farm kids maybe. But there would have been no doctors, teachers, etc. if no one ever went on to college!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/23/2021 at 5:42 AM, sharifa70 said:

I’m still very firmly Team Lucas because of how he treats Elizabeth, and if the show has to put her with anyone it should be him. He cares about her interests, supports her dreams, and his family baggage appears to be only his mother, who doesn’t seem too bad. Lucas bought her a library.

Nathan? Sulky, over-protective, randomly declared his so-called love in spite of never actually spending time with her when he isn’t scolding her for something or she isn’t lecturing him about Allie. Oh - and his family baggage is Allie.

Completely agree. And I don’t get all the “teacher HAS TO end up with the Mountie!” stuff. I haven’t read the book(s?) this originated from or seen the movie, so I’m assuming that’s how they ended. But this show has already done that once! IRL it would be perfectly reasonable for Elizabeth to not even consider, much less marry, another Mountie after what happened to Jack.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/23/2021 at 1:48 PM, norcalgal said:

So...Robert is the only kid graduating??

Most likely, other students simply stopped attending once they got older. Parental need back then would have trumped waiting for an official end of schooling.

On 3/23/2021 at 5:16 PM, scenicbyway said:

The first year of marriage can be the hardest, but Clara and Jesse seem to only fight.  Clara has been married before, maybe she could've avoided some conflict?  

Don't forget, Clara and Peter were only married for about five minutes before he died. The fact that Abigail hadn't even known of the marriage until after tells us the two of them never even lived together.

On 3/28/2021 at 1:14 PM, scenicbyway said:

I wouldn’t say Elizabeth had sex regularly, she and Jack were married for two weeks before he was transferred and she got pregnant in that timeframe.

That part has always seemed a bit questionable to me. I know this is a Christian show on Hallmark, so certain things will never be shown or even implied. But Jack and Elizabeth were shown to be quite passionate, even sometimes with others near. A few times we saw them start making out, then conveniently have the scene fade out, them alone in Elizabeth's house, at Abigail's with her gone, that time they waited out the storm in the mine. I just find it hard to believe that over five years, there wouldn't have been some form of sexual activity, if not full intercourse (and that most likely only because of fearing untimely pregnancy).

Share this post


Link to post

First of all, thanks to anyone who answers.  I have not watched prior seasons but wonder .... Why does Rosemary have to quit the dress shop if somebody named Dottie sells it?  Wouldn't the shop still need employees or why can't Lee buy it.  They seem comfortable enough. I don't get the angst Rosemary is experiencing about a new career???

 

Just a note but every forum I go to, the vast majority of posters are firmly Team Lucas.  I wonder if Hallmark is aware of that cuz most folks just seem to not be able to stand Nathan.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

First of all, thanks to anyone who answers.  I have not watched prior seasons but wonder .... Why does Rosemary have to quit the dress shop if somebody named Dottie sells it?  Wouldn't the shop still need employees or why can't Lee buy it.  They seem comfortable enough. I don't get the angst Rosemary is experiencing about a new career???

Rosemary doesn’t have to quit the dress shop if it’s sold or if Lee buys it.  It’s just manufactured conflict, they’ve given Rosemary a midlife crisis.  She and Lee have talked about having children but won’t adopt. The doctor tells her she’s fine to have kids but hasn’t. So the niece has moved in and Rosemary is shepherding her.

I suspect we’ll see Rosemary become Mayor since Abigail won’t becoming back 3 seasons later.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Nathan is like a Ken doll.  Pretty to look at, but there is nothing to him but a red jacket and a niece.

Lucas at least has a personality, and brings out the smiles in Elizabeth.  Besides, he is my type.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I can kind of see what they're going for with Nathan.  The people who say that Lucas' dates are too elaborate, the library is too fancy, etc., it is true that originally Elizabeth moved West to get away from a life of luxury.  That's what her family offered and she didn't want it.  I'm guessing Team Nathan sees him as more of a rustic, simple life kind of guy.  He's basically Jack 2.0 and this was the same conflict of Jack vs. Charles in Season Two, where Charles represented luxury and Jack represented simplicity.  I get that.

Problem is though that Jack was also sweet.  We've seen none of his tenderness from Nathan.  Nathan has the red serge but is standoffish and mean, except when he's making random declarations of love that are a) out of nowhere, and b) seem a little possessive and creepy.  I'm about 90% sure that Nathan is endgame since the books romanticize the Mounties and Hallmark romanticizes the military, and if they had developed Nathan a little more I'd be onboard because I love me some Kevin McGarry, but as it stands this is just perpetuating this idea that women are attracted to men who treat them poorly, which is yuck.  And it's especially yuck considering this channel has been criticized a lot for regressive social values.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Ok so Ive been really busy (ironically, i’m debuting a book. elizabeth can only dream.) i’m catching up on this show. (forgot it existed and I’ve been channel all my bad costume energy to the Frankie Drake Mysteries (rip))

honestly, this show is not that good. I’m on episode two and yeah, I’m gonna keep watching but nothing happens. There are two good characters. It’s 2021 and i still love Lucas Brouchard 😭. Why are all the women wearing sheer tops? In episode two, there was one you could see Pascale Hutton’s undergarments through. I wasnt trying, either. 

seems like they’ve added the necessary one (1) token Black character. Only took 8 seasons. Good for them.

this post is a ramble (much like the show) is this the end? It should be. It’s the most nothing show. 
 

Also, I hope Elizabeth realizes she doesn’t need a man. Having her fall for Nathan seemed disrespectful to Jacks memory (did she love him or the uniform🤷🏾‍♀️) and although I like Lucas, I like women characters who dont need a man to survive more. 
 

Ok also this show doesn’t know what to do with their characters. Since when on earth does Fiona care at all about hair? And she opened a barbershop?????  

 

Edited by allonsyalice
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/31/2021 at 10:56 AM, CarpeFelis said:

Completely agree. And I don’t get all the “teacher HAS TO end up with the Mountie!” stuff. I haven’t read the book(s?) this originated from or seen the movie, so I’m assuming that’s how they ended. But this show has already done that once! IRL it would be perfectly reasonable for Elizabeth to not even consider, much less marry, another Mountie after what happened to Jack.

Literally 99% of the things you see on this show did not happen in the books - like even the Mountie isn't named Jack, but Wynn. He and Book Elizabeth marry within a few months of meeting (both families are totally fine with the match) and they remain together til old age.

None of the characters on the show are in the books, except for Elizabeth's sister Julie.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

Wynn

Just looked it up: Wynn Delaney is 100% way better name than Jack Thornton tbh 

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

Just looked it up: Wynn Delaney is 100% way better name than Jack Thornton tbh 

Perhaps for the time period Wynn is definitively a male name, but to me, since I'm not familiar with this name, it sounds unisex - like Robin or Pat.

Share this post


Link to post

Nathan has seemed pretty sour since he was rejected.  If Lucas had been told he was not the chosen one, I think he would have accepted it more graciously.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, treeofdreams said:

Nathan has seemed pretty sour since he was rejected.  If Lucas had been told he was not the chosen one, I think he would have accepted it more graciously.

Right! And I think we saw a bit of that in the first couple of episodes this season - Lucas said his jealousy got the best of him and skipped town, only to return and immediately apologize to Elizabeth for not saying goodbye. Then he told her he just wanted her to be happy and stepped back after he saw her walking to dinner with Nathan, assuming that was a rejection and only really speaking to her about his mother. He didn't attempt to win her back and "not give up" like Nathan did because he was trying to be respectful of her choices. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I am not looking forward to Nathan not taking no for an answer. Dammit, Hallmark, can’t a female character be allowed to know her own mind?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, sharifa70 said:

I am not looking forward to Nathan not taking no for an answer. Dammit, Hallmark, can’t a female character be allowed to know her own mind?

Yeah, that's not a good message Hallmark is sending women.

As to Elizabeth "knowing her mind", the reason she gave Nathan for not wanting to be with him was her fear that tragedy could strike her twice with a Mountie for a husband, rather than flat out telling him she doesn't love and can't see herself ever doing so. Heck, she even told Rosemary that when she heard (incorrectly) that Nathan was shot, Elizabeth realized that she did have feelings for Nathan.

If Elizabeth and Lucas are Endgame, show will have to make it very clear that she loves Lucas wholeheartedly and unreservedly, without any shadow of longing/flirtation toward Nathan. So far, that's not what I'm seeing.

I wish Rosemary or someone else Elizabeth is close to could ask her this:  if you knew from the very beginning that Jack would leave you a widow, would you:

A) never want to have a romance with him at all, knowing tragedy is in your future; or

B) still decide to love/marry Jack knowing there's an expiration date because you would rather have had him in your life for even a brief time, rather than not having in your life at all

I feel like, to some extent, if that Q were put to Elizabeth, that would clear things up w/r/t Nathan once and for all.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

It's a good question, but hard to answer.  Typically, she would probably say something about little Jack and how she wouldn't have him if she never married Jack.

I did not start watching the show until the season where Lucas and Nathan joined the cast, so I never saw her relationship with Jack.  But I get the impression that it was a "great love".  On the other hand, she does not seem to have that kind of feeling for either Nathan or Lucas, so it would be hard to answer the question based on that difference.   If she did have that feeling for either of them, it would be a clear choice.

How do you compare "he was the love of my life" with "I really like both of these men"?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, sharifa70 said:

I am not looking forward to Nathan not taking no for an answer. Dammit, Hallmark, can’t a female character be allowed to know her own mind?

Welcome to Hallmark, where "no means just try harder" is considered romantic.  

  • Like 4
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I wish Rosemary or someone else Elizabeth is close to could ask her this:  if you knew from the very beginning that Jack would leave you a widow, would you:

A) never want to have a romance with him at all, knowing tragedy is in your future; or

B) still decide to love/marry Jack knowing there's an expiration date because you would rather have had him in your life for even a brief time, rather than not having in your life at all

I remember her having this actual conversation with Clara right before her wedding - Clara was upset about her vows because she was remembering her first husband (Abigail's son) and Elizabeth said if she could go back knowing what she knows now and how it would all turn out with Jack, she would still choose to love him because their time together was so special even though it was short.

So I guess that could be good news for Nathan but then again, her love for Jack doesn't necessarily equal her potential feelings for Nathan. She might say that regarding Jack but it doesn't mean she would feel that same way about Nathan. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, brighteyes said:

I remember her having this actual conversation with Clara right before her wedding - Clara was upset about her vows because she was remembering her first husband (Abigail's son) and Elizabeth said if she could go back knowing what she knows now and how it would all turn out with Jack, she would still choose to love him because their time together was so special even though it was short.

So I guess that could be good news for Nathan but then again, her love for Jack doesn't necessarily equal her potential feelings for Nathan. She might say that regarding Jack but it doesn't mean she would feel that same way about Nathan. 

Good point regarding how Elizabeth might have been willing to take the chance of a tragic outcome with Jack but that doesn’t mean she’d do the same for Nathan. 
As for the conversation between Clara and Elizabeth, just goes to show how little I care for Clara that I don’t remember that scene!  🙃

About this recent episode, many on this forum (rightly) roll our eyes about ILY declarations from Nathan, or how it wouldn’t make sense for Elizabeth to have romantic feelings for Nathan since they’ve never even had a date...yet here’s Ned & Florence getting married seemingly outta nowhere!!! Ned and Florence never made googly eyes at each other until this season (so, 6 episodes?) but now they’re getting married?!?!  🤣🙄

Based on the preview, looks like we’ll finally get the whole story about Nathan and Jack. Might that be the final straw that breaks whatever feelings she has for him? 
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Darn, did it again - I dozed off near the end of the episode.  I woke up just in time to see the very end of a scene with Elizabeth and Lucas - can anyone tell me what happened in that scene?  Or anything else that happened between Ned waking up and the final scene with Lucas and Elizabeth?  Thanks.

Grumble grumble...I wish this show was on earlier in the evening...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Why does everyone HAVE to be in a relationship on this show!? Literally. Ned and Florence (which came out of nowhere) and New Dress Shop Girl has literally been on the scene for a minute and a half and there’s already a random guy sniffing around her. and Hickam is infatuated with Fiona (who is a lesbian 😤)

and honestly, as I write this, I do realize romance is the only thing this show has. So can they do it.....not terribly? Like Jesse and Clara suck. Does anyone actually care about ned and florence? Or new dress shop girl and that guy? None of these relationships are earned. Like, I don’t care. Sorry, not sorry. 

Miss me with Allie’s meddling with Nathan and Elizabeth. 100%. Sorry, kid. Your uncle isn’t that good or nice and he’s a bit boring. Better you find that out now. 
 

Lucas, on the other hand!: 😍
 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Based on the preview, looks like we’ll finally get the whole story about Nathan and Jack. Might that be the final straw that breaks whatever feelings she has for him? 

I have a terrible feeling that Nathan's character is about to do a complete 180.  If he did have something to do with Jack dying, he'll come clean, his guilt will magically go away because everything's out in the open, and he'll turn into the most Saintly and Sweet Mountie that ever Mountied.  And they'll make up some story about how his crappy attitude wasn't really him, he was just pretending to be that way to scare off Liz.  Combine this with sudden character assassination for Lucas, who is perhaps just a little too perfect even for Hallmark, and BAM!  We're back in the red serge business!  (I really hope I'm wrong.)

If Fiona is indeed a lesbian though...all would be forgiven, Hallmark.  It's so not going to happen but a girl can dream.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

40 minutes ago, dubstepford wife said:

If Fiona is indeed a lesbian though...all would be forgiven, Hallmark.  It's so not going to happen but a girl can dream.

Sorry to get your hopes up! I only say she’s a lesbian because I have a crush on her! (But can you blame me? Shes pretty, funny, sweet, and ambitious! Total package 🥰

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, dubstepford wife said:

I have a terrible feeling that Nathan's character is about to do a complete 180.  If he did have something to do with Jack dying, he'll come clean, his guilt will magically go away because everything's out in the open, and he'll turn into the most Saintly and Sweet Mountie that ever Mountied.  

Agreed but what could the storyline be?  If Nathan was supposed to go on the tragic outing but didn't, how will that make E love him?  If Nathan was in a search party but one that turned up no body, how will that make E care for him?  If Nathan made some last minute promise to Jack to watch over E, how will E feel about that?  Maybe the show will go English Patient, where Jack is in some private hospital with no face or hands or feet and only Nathan knows LOL

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm starting to feel like Lucas is going to end up being the speed bump on the road to the endgame romance with Nathan. And that makes me sad, because  Lucas has always been mostly mature and honest in his pursuit of Elizabeth, and when he's been less so, he's owned up to it and apologized. Nathan, on the other hand,  has mostly behaved like an immature high school boy. But somehow, it seems he's the one who'll end up being Elizabeth's "twu luv".

Sigh. Maybe Lucas should start having lunch with Fiona. She's beautiful, smart, funny, and available.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I hated most all of last night's show.  Elizabeth is getting on my nerves so much.  She wouldn't let Lucas touch her hand.  Yet she moons over that surly, pouty guy who knows nothing about how to treat a lady.  And don't even get me started on that bratty, goofy Allie.  I had turned the channel and came back just to see the final scene.  What a mistake.  Bratty set up the scene for Elizabeth and Surly to stand up in front of Bill and nobody else was there.  Corny crapola.

Pick pocket brat  pairs up with Rosemary's niece behind everyone's back.  Stupid.  Ned and Florence are nice but out of left field.  A whole episode where Ned is near death and pulls out of it was OTT.   Clara and airhead Jesse are a snooze.

In the past I loved this show.  The trite Mountie obsession has ruined it for me.  And nobody could ever convince me that Elizabeth doesn't know what she wants or feels.  Using Lucas is despicable.  Only women of a certain type do such things.

Just put Elizabeth with that grouch and end it.  When that happens the show is over for me.  It practically is already.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

If Elizabeth ends up with Nathan, they deserve each other (grrr) and Lucas will have dodged a bullet if she’s that fickle.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

49 minutes ago, TVForever said:

Maybe Lucas should start having lunch with Fiona. She's beautiful, smart, funny, and available.

Starting sometime last season, I began to feel that of these four - Elizabeth, Lucas, Nathan & Fiona --- L & F suit each others' temperament better than L & E. I think Lucas wouldn't mind a partner who is spirited, lively and full of gumption. Indeed, before they neutered Lucas, I think he was similar to Fiona in their zest for living and how they approach life. Whereas, I think a Nathan/Fiona pairing would mean he'd get exhausted/exasperated by her pep at some later point. Some guys can handle this (like Lee who handles Rosemary's er, "eccentricities" quite well), but I can't see Nathan as one of those guys. Nathan is in law enforcement. It just seems he's too straight-laced and rigid to appreciate someone with Fiona's personality.

I feel Elizabeth is dull, but to my mind, that personality suits Nathan better. And harping again on the shallow point I've made repeatedly on this forum: in terms of physical looks, I think the N & E pairing looks better matched (height, coloring).

Anyhoo, this is why I find it funny that IRL, Nathan and Fiona are dating. I think I read it here on this forum...?  Of course, these folks are actors so the people portraying Nathan and Fiona may be nothing like their character on the show. But how funny if true that they are dating...

1 hour ago, allonsyalice said:

Sorry to get your hopes up! I only say she’s a lesbian because I have a crush on her! (But can you blame me? Shes pretty, funny, sweet, and ambitious! Total package 🥰

Preach!  Fiona is my favorite character on the show. I wish she was the main character.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Elizabeth just seems so much happier, so much lighter, with Lucas.  With Nathan, she will always be carrying around the Jack/Mountie baggage.

I don't care for Allie's pressure on matching her with Nathan, but I do understand it, so I am trying not to be irritated.

I am looking forward to finding out what the Jack/Nathan connection is.  Perhaps that will settle things for the triangle.  I hope so.

I will repeat my earlier statement that she does not seem to have deep feelings for either one of them, or it would be a clear choice.  If you feel that either one of your suitors would be okay, you are missing something in both relationships.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

I will repeat my earlier statement that she does not seem to have deep feelings for either one of them, or it would be a clear choice.  If you feel that either one of your suitors would be okay, you are missing something in both relationships.

Hear!  Hear!  But then, it wouldn't be Hallmark if there wasn't a triangle involving the beautiful, young people.  Ned/Florence or Bill/Mollie - well, I guess WCTH feels those old coots should feel lucky to have ANY romantic interest from somebody at their age!

 

  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

 

I will repeat my earlier statement that she does not seem to have deep feelings for either one of them, or it would be a clear choice.  If you feel that either one of your suitors would be okay, you are missing something in both relationships.

I am still pulling for an interesting stranger to gallop into town and sweep Elizabeth off her feet!!  Not likely but fun to think about.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

I woke up just in time to see the very end of a scene with Elizabeth and Lucas - can anyone tell me what happened in that scene?  Or anything else that happened between Ned waking up and the final scene with Lucas and Elizabeth?  Thanks.

Lucas came to ask Elizabeth to go for a drive and brought a gift for her to give to Allie and Nathan. She said she didn't want him to have any secret sorrows over PDA so she asked him to walk her home and they held hands, very sweet and definitely had Jack/Elizabeth vibes. Then Clara was getting her dress hemmed in the shop and Jesse was mad about it (no sure why he thinks he gets a say in her dress length) and they both storm off. Christopher picks up flowers Jesse threw aside and gives them to Rachel then he goes to Henry's office and Henry asks Mike to teach Christopher all about the oil business since he's here to stay. Then cut to Ned and Florence. So pretty much uneventful except for the N/L handholding scene lol. 

9 hours ago, dubstepford wife said:

And they'll make up some story about how his crappy attitude wasn't really him, he was just pretending to be that way to scare off Liz.  Combine this with sudden character assassination for Lucas, who is perhaps just a little too perfect even for Hallmark, and BAM!  We're back in the red serge business!  (I really hope I'm wrong.)

This is what I'm worried about - somehow justifying her decision to be with Nathan by ruining Lucas' character or making up some excuse related to Jack that makes her think he's such a wonderful guy she suddenly loves. Personally I wouldn't want to be with a guy who has a strong connection to my late husband (not as a Mountie but if he had any involvement in Jack's death even indirectly) - it would be like replacing him with a poor substitute, just trying to recreate that relationship she had with Jack. 

6 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I feel Elizabeth is dull, but to my mind, that personality suits Nathan better. And harping again on the shallow point I've made repeatedly on this forum: in terms of physical looks, I think the N & E pairing looks better matched (height, coloring).

Anyhoo, this is why I find it funny that IRL, Nathan and Fiona are dating. I think I read it here on this forum...?  Of course, these folks are actors so the people portraying Nathan and Fiona may be nothing like their character on the show. But how funny if true that they are dating...

I think Elizabeth and Nathan definitely look more like a "classic Hallmark couple" together and personality-wise they also make sense - but his temperament is what makes me dislike him for her. No woman should settle for a grown man who acts like a surly teenager. If he was more light-hearted and actually shared interests with Elizabeth (not just parenting) I would see him as real competition for Lucas. 

And yes Kevin McGarry and Kayla Wallace (Nathan & Fiona) are dating IRL. Judging from interviews I've seen with them they're definitely not like their characters! He actually seems more outgoing than Chris McNally (Lucas) IRL, but they both seem like great guys. If only Nathan were more like Kevin he would deserve Elizabeth. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

The worst thing about Elizabeth probably ending up with Nathan is that it will mean more Ally.  I feel slightly bad criticizing the young actors, but she gets on my nerves. 

I was leaning more towards Team Lucas the last two seasons, but the Lucas/Elizabeth scenes have been painful to watch this season.  I don't know if it's the writing or the acting or both.  But I just find myself cringing more often than not when they are on screen.  I agree with Brighteyes in the above post that both Chris McNally and Kevin McGarry seem like good guys in real life.  Both guys and Erin were on the Deck the Hallmark podcast in the last month or so (in separate interviews), and it's a shame that we don't get to see more of their personalities shine though on the show.   

The highlight of this week's episode was Rosemary working as the telephone operator.   I just don't care about Ned and Florence.  Like others have said, that relationship seemed to come out of left field this season.   I wish Jesse and Clara would leave town to work on their issues.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Just finished the episode...Elizabeth looked downright uncomfortable being the only other person at Allie’s adoption.  The girl was bizarrely matchmaking, I felt bad for Nathan.

I think Elizabeth seemed really comfortable with Lucas, not the handhold in the saloon but even they smiled afterward.

Lucas knowing that Henry’s son is one to watch shows that he’s not going to take any chances with him and that he wants to protect the citizens of Hope Valley.

I like Joseph and his family, but either be a preacher or don’t? He says he doesn’t want to be but is leading a multi night prayer vigil?

We didn’t learn why Ned needed a second surgery, did we?

Why do Clara and Jesse only fight? It’s more than the money. Maybe Rosemary can find out why on the switchboard? I also thought having Lee try on Bill’s jacket was odd...

Again Nathan does nothing but Liz is attracted to him.  Whatever

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, brighteyes said:

Lucas came to ask Elizabeth to go for a drive and brought a gift for her to give to Allie and Nathan. She said she didn't want him to have any secret sorrows over PDA so she asked him to walk her home and they held hands, very sweet and definitely had Jack/Elizabeth vibes. Then Clara was getting her dress hemmed in the shop and Jesse was mad about it (no sure why he thinks he gets a say in her dress length) and they both storm off. Christopher picks up flowers Jesse threw aside and gives them to Rachel then he goes to Henry's office and Henry asks Mike to teach Christopher all about the oil business since he's here to stay. Then cut to Ned and Florence. So pretty much uneventful except for the N/L handholding scene lol. 

Thanks for the recap.  If I am going to keep on dozing off while watching I should start recording the episodes so I can see what I missed.  😞

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

What has Elizabeth ever done for Lucas???

Lucas has

*built her a library

*got her in touch with his mom

*built her a library

*planned so many romantic dates

*took her to see that author last season

*built her a library 

*is so respectful of all of her boundaries and is quite patient (which is basic stuff but still nice to see)

*he even went to the schoolhouse in the rain so she wouldn't have to !!!!

*BUILT HER A LIBRARY  !!!!!!!!

Maybe Lucas' love language is acts of service but he's always doing the Romantic Most and Elizabeth is ???????? 

waffling. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

Lucas has

*built her a library

And keeps bringing her more books for it...

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I hope against everything that I'm wrong...but I have this bizarre strong feeling that Nathan's "secret" will somehow lead to Jack's return.

Yeah, I know it sounds insane. But let's look at the info we've been fed so far. Elizabeth is supposedly going to choose a partner by the end of the season - but there are only a few episodes left and she isn't even allowing a chaste kiss or handhold. The idea that such a person will suddenly agree to marriage seems unbelievable to me.

We know Daniel Lissing was last on The Rookie, and that his character is now gone. And based on a few articles, DL has stated he would be ok with returning to WCTH (which seems to me as an odd thing to say, given his character was killed off).

Hey, if Henry can suddenly have a son he never spoke a word about to anyone in 8 seasons, Jack suddenly reappearing because he was previously on a top secret mission or something doesn't seem too impossible...

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

I hope against everything that I'm wrong...but I have this bizarre strong feeling that Nathan's "secret" will somehow lead to Jack's return.

Yeah, I know it sounds insane. But let's look at the info we've been fed so far. Elizabeth is supposedly going to choose a partner by the end of the season - but there are only a few episodes left and she isn't even allowing a chaste kiss or handhold. The idea that such a person will suddenly agree to marriage seems unbelievable to me.

We know Daniel Lissing was last on The Rookie, and that his character is now gone. And based on a few articles, DL has stated he would be ok with returning to WCTH (which seems to me as an odd thing to say, given his character was killed off).

Hey, if Henry can suddenly have a son he never spoke a word about to anyone in 8 seasons, Jack suddenly reappearing because he was previously on a top secret mission or something doesn't seem too impossible...

I would be on board with this...but wasn't there a funeral (off-screen)?  Presumably, there was a body to bury. Unless they are going with the "body was soooo physically damaged we just assumed that was Jack's body"?

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

18 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

And based on a few articles, DL has stated he would be ok with returning to WCTH (which seems to me as an odd thing to say, given his character was killed off).

Wait, where did he say this?  I think he's said he'd be ok with returning to Hallmark to do movies, but to the series?  

I could maybe see him returning for a cameo if like, Elizabeth has a near-death experience or something, or in a dream, but as a living character?  Though I would laugh hysterically if they've spent three seasons with the whole love triangle thing only to have Jack show up and be like, "It was just a flesh wound!"

  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, dubstepford wife said:

"It was just a flesh wound!"

with a case of amnesia.

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, dubstepford wife said:

Though I would laugh hysterically if they've spent three seasons with the whole love triangle thing only to have Jack show up and be like, "It was just a flesh wound!"

Ya but can you imagine what he would think? She is leaving their child at any time to lead two men on, going off to a overnight hotel stay with one, all the while confessing 'from chalk dust to eternity' to you? If I were him and came back to see this Elizabeth, I would take my kid and leave. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

And keeps bringing her more books for it...

I'm going back in time to 1915 alberta to marry this man i swear to god 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

I'm going back in time to 1915 alberta to marry this man i swear to god 

Seriously, if Elizabeth doesn't want a man like him I'll take him! 😂 Maybe Fiona would appreciate him more, she deserves a guy who would give her all the love and sweet gestures!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe Jack shows up and he and Elizabeth reunite so Nathan and Lucas begin a love triangle over Fiona  LOL

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

Maybe Jack shows up and he and Elizabeth reunite so Nathan and Lucas begin a love triangle over Fiona  LOL

I think I would actually enjoy that triangle way more! 😅

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Henry’s son always looks like a movie tweaker: pale, red-eyed, and he always seems sweaty. I keep expecting a WCTH-style Albert Ingalls Morphine Addiction Episode. I can’t even look at him.

I 100% agree that the Florence/Ned engagement doesn’t feel earned at all. 

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size