Type keyword(s) to search

When Calls The Heart - General Discussion

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, SusanwatchingTV said:

I think Lucas fits a lot better with the progressively modern Fiona.

Clearly I'm a party of one over here preferring Lucas and Elizabeth to Nathan and Elizabeth and not finding Nathan physically attractive at all (but that isn't important if there is chemistry... I just don't feel it) but I think it is more interesting for Nathan to be a woman who might challenge him like Fiona.  Something has to make his character interesting.  He doesn't have a personality on his own.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, bybrandy said:

Clearly I'm a party of one over here preferring Lucas and Elizabeth to Nathan and Elizabeth and not finding Nathan physically attractive at all (but that isn't important if there is chemistry... I just don't feel it) but I think it is more interesting for Nathan to be a woman who might challenge him like Fiona.  Something has to make his character interesting.  He doesn't have a personality on his own.

Yeah, we're all different, which keeps the world interesting, I suppose.

I think Fiona would be bored to tears with Nathan, whereas I think Lucas would be a challenge and fun with her.

Likewise I think Nathan has the sweetness to match Elizabeth's.  Together they'd be great, but not exciting... then again, Jack wasn't terribly exciting, imho.  I think Lucas would be bored with Elizabeth or over-controlling with her. He seems to need a stronger personality to match him.

But, of course, YMMV. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, SusanwatchingTV said:

I think Fiona would be bored to tears with Nathan, whereas I think Lucas would be a challenge and fun with her.

Likewise I think Nathan has the sweetness to match Elizabeth's.  Together they'd be great, but not exciting... then again, Jack wasn't terribly exciting, imho.  I think Lucas would be bored with Elizabeth or over-controlling with her. He seems to need a stronger personality to match him.

But, of course, YMMV. 

I suspect that is the way it is going to go but to me Elizabeht and Nathan are kind of boring and sweet and would be dull together.   Where as Fiona would always be pushing Nathan's buttons and be pushing him out of his comfort zone while Lucas would be pushing Elizabeth out of hers (like he did with the writing) I just don't see Elizabeth getting anything but a nap with Nathan who doesn't even seem to have any Mountie shenanigans to get up to... and while I didn't ship Jack and Elizabeth I think it seriously cheapens Jack and Elizabeth's connection if she just falls in love with every Mountie who rides into town.   

But Elizabeth's love life has never been interesting to me.  So if she goes with boring Nathan it will be no less interesting to me than it was with Jack.   

• Love 6

Nathan is just a jerk, right?  He literally snaps at everyone but Elizabeth and even then you can tell he’s barely not snapping at her.

Time after time Lucas shows compassion but of course Elizabeth is blinded by the Mountie uniform.  I’m guessing they’ve written out the sitter for her baby in the hopes Allie will fill that role when they get married down the road.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

I’m guessing they’ve written out the sitter for her baby

Oh, is that girl gone now? I actually thought she was one of the only kids on the show that could act. I liked her story line, back when Jack was alive, she wanted to be an artist like Elizabeth's sister. Oh the good ole days.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, enduringforce said:

Oh, is that girl gone now? I actually thought she was one of the only kids on the show that could act. I liked her story line, back when Jack was alive, she wanted to be an artist like Elizabeth's sister. Oh the good ole days.

You’re talking about Laura,  right? I think I saw her in the first episode of this season. 

On 2/29/2020 at 4:09 PM, SusanwatchingTV said:

But, of course, YMMV. 

@SusanwatchingTV we must share the same brain because ITA with all of this.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, bybrandy said:

I didn't ship Jack and Elizabeth I think it seriously cheapens Jack and Elizabeth's connection if she just falls in love with every Mountie who rides into town.   

This makes me laugh so hard. Elizabeth clearly has a type, a Mountie. Can you imagine her singles ad? Maybe she can put one in the paper. In search of a Mountie, others need not apply.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Nathan's dad is a Cylon!   Team Col Tigh... or you know Archie Grant but just because I love Col Tigh.  

In this time could you really just hang out at a doctor's office and become a doctor?  Because I care for my mom and I got to tell you I'd be halfway through my qualifications by now.   

Are my eyes bad or was that pink icing not pink?  (My eyes are bad.. This could go either way... I have no idea).   

Rosemary played with baby Jack for a long time without nearly as many sad looks.  Progress.  I don't need Rosemary and Lee to have a miracle baby or adopt (although I'm fine with either) but I do need them to not spend every episode looking at children sadly.  

I can't tell you how little I care about the upcoming wedding.  Although I guess it does give Lee and Rosemary something to do other than look longingly at the children of Hope Valley.  

No Henry or Fiona on this episode.  The cast of this show is too big but I can think of a lot of people I'd rather skip than Fiona (and Henry for that matter although I'm not really sure the show needs Henry without Abigail).  

And I'm quite, quite, quite certain the show doesn't need Jack Wagner but nobody asked me.   

• Love 3
On 2/29/2020 at 8:12 AM, bybrandy said:

I think Fiona and Nathan could work. She would be a modern role model for Allie and I could see Nathan annoyed if Allie is too influenced by Fiona and branches out from being the precocious young girl. 

I personally prefer Lucas over Nathan.  IMO, Lucas is more attractive and is the more dynamic character.  But Nathan seems better matched for Elizabeth.  I agree with those who say they are dull together, but they seem well-matched in their dullness. 

I think Fiona & Lucas could have potential. But I don't know if the show will go there because that could take the focus off Elizabeth and her search for love again. 

I'm with you @bybrandy - I couldn't care less about Jesse and Clara's wedding.  I'm not even 100% sure I have their names right. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I personally prefer Lucas over Nathan.  IMO, Lucas is more attractive and is the more dynamic character.  But Nathan seems better matched for Elizabeth.  I agree with those who say they are dull together, but they seem well-matched in their dullness. 

I think Fiona & Lucas could have potential. But I don't know if the show will go there because that could take the focus off Elizabeth and her search for love again. 

I'm with you @bybrandy - I couldn't care less about Jesse and Clara's wedding.  I'm not even 100% sure I have their names right. 

I'm calling it:  at Clara and Jesse's wedding, which will be the season (series?) finale, the show will reveal who Elizabeth picks - Lucas or Nathan.  It will end on that, and thus, whether or not the show continues on, there will be no cliffhanger.

• Love 2
On 2/26/2020 at 7:44 AM, dubstepford wife said:

First Nations people play a very prominent role, that seems like a big missed opportunity for the network that is constantly accused of racism. 

Yeah...but in the books, the interactions with those folks is only when Elizabeth and Wynn/Jack move up North. She is no longer a teacher (because she's married and married women had to give up teaching jobs back then) so that part wouldn't have worked if they wanted her married.

Then again, it's not like this show follows historical accuracy on anything else, so...

(edited)
11 hours ago, treeofdreams said:

My cable conked out tonight so I missed the episode.  Can some kind person give a rundown of what happened?  Thanks!

Allie wanted to see her grandpa. Allie was mad at Nathan. Allie really wanted to see her grandpa. She wanted. To see. Her grandpa. 

In the B-plot, Nathan traveled to the place where his father allegedly stole the necklace and found...he didn’t steal the necklace. Gramps is free and headed to a new town where he has a job lined up, but not before writing down a few stories about Allie’s mother to give to Allie (who, you may remember, had been mad at Nathan because she really wanted to see her grandpa).

Elizabeth let Lucas read the first few chapters of her book. He’s intrigued by her leading man, who’s a restauranteur who’s good at cards....and then is revealed to be a widower with a daughter. He and Nathan continue to moon over Elizabeth.

Clara and Jesse are making wedding plans. The pastor isn’t available. Bill is hurt by not being given anything to do. Clara is mad at Jesse for asking Frank(?) Fred(?) Roger(?) to be a groomsman because “we agreed on just Lee and Rosemary” so now Clara has to find another bridesmaid....Elizabeth! But then Fiona brings her a bunch of wedding magazines and now she’s a bridesmaid too and Jesse must find another groomsman! Bill is still hurt by having nothing to do. But wait! Clara has asked him to give her away! He’s honored! But wait, dear reader: will Judge Bill also be officiating in place of Chekhov’s Pastor? That last bit wasn’t in the episode but why else would they show us a random pastor and then say he’s not available?

Faith is heading to medical school in Chicago in a week.

Fiona ordered some “doohickeys” to fix the phone from Groomsman Frank or Fred or Roger, and she has promised to show him how to be a good groomsman. Frank or Fred or Roger smiled.

And Allie isn’t mad anymore.

Edited by sharifa70
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, sharifa70 said:

Clara is mad at Jesse for asking Frank(?) Fred(?) Roger(?)

His name is Kevin!!! (I just had to go to IMDB and look up a review for this information, but he's someone we've not seen before, I think (but a lot of these men start to look a like) 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, sharifa70 said:

Allie wanted to see her grandpa. Allie was mad at Nathan. Allie really wanted to see her grandpa. She wanted. To see. Her grandpa. 

In the B-plot, Nathan traveled to the place where his father allegedly stole the necklace and found...he didn’t steal the necklace. Gramps is free and headed to a new town where he has a job lined up, but not before writing down a few stories about Allie’s mother to give to Allie (who, you may remember, had been mad at Nathan because she really wanted to see her grandpa).

Elizabeth let Lucas read the first few chapters of her book. He’s intrigued by her leading man, who’s a restauranteur who’s good at cards....and then is revealed to be a widower with a daughter. He and Nathan continue to moon over Elizabeth.

Clara and Jesse are making wedding plans. The pastor isn’t available. Bill is hurt by not being given anything to do. Clara is mad at Jesse for asking Frank(?) Fred(?) Roger(?) to be a groomsman because “we agreed on just Lee and Rosemary” so now Clara has to find another bridesmaid....Elizabeth! But then Fiona brings her a bunch of wedding magazines and now she’s a bridesmaid too and Jesse must find another groomsman! Bill is still hurt by having nothing to do. But wait! Clara has asked him to give her away! He’s honored! But wait, dear reader: will Judge Bill also be officiating in place of Chekhov’s Pastor? That last bit wasn’t in the episode but why else would they show us a random pastor and then say he’s not available?

Faith is heading to medical school in Chicago in a week.

Fiona ordered some “doohickeys” to fix the phone from Groomsman Frank or Fred or Roger, and she has promised to show him how to be a good groomsman. Frank or Fred or Roger smiled.

And Allie isn’t mad anymore.

Thank you so much for that thorough run-down!

• Love 2
(edited)
40 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

His name is Kevin!!! (I just had to go to IMDB and look up a review for this information, but he's someone we've not seen before, I think (but a lot of these men start to look a like) 

I refer to them as Hallmark's Interchangeable White Dudes. Handsome in a bland, unthreatening way, no real personalities to make them stand out.

Edited by sharifa70
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Stuffy said:

Yes she was during filming.  Andrea recently had her baby. 

Thank you!  I kind of figured since the way they were blocking her on screen and her face looked fuller.  So Chicago is her maternity leave, I would assume!

On 2/25/2020 at 10:45 PM, norcalgal said:

I like the actress who portrays Rosemary just fine, but the character is exhausting. I feel like she's a toddler who Lee must constantly indulge or there will be hell to pay.

I went back and watched the episode where they met not that long ago, and to be fair Lee knew what he was getting into right from the start—Rosemary did not present herself as an accommodating, low maintenance kind of woman. My guess is if he didn't want to face challenges of exactly the sort she offers, well, an unattached lumber tycoon who looks like Kavan Smith and rides into a town full of widows to save it from economic collapse probably wouldn't have to sit out too many dances for lack of partners.

On 2/28/2020 at 2:24 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

I hope they spice up the show as much as the next guy but I draw the line at introducing “Rosemary’s Baby!”

Okay, now if the show takes a page from Soap for her storyline it immediately becomes appointment television for me!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I think it's painfully obvious at this point they are setting up another Elizabeth/Mountie romance.  Ugh.  Elizabeth has essentially become Allie's mother this season.  Hosting her slumber party, having her stay with her while the Uncle is gone, intervening on her behalf with the Uncle.  In contrast, she's had about 5 minutes of time with Lucas (who I think knows he's friend zoned) and it's been all about her writing.

The thing is, Nathan is so boring, like the same level of Jesse and Clara boring.  He's a character in the town, but couldn't be more boring, the only thing that gives him dimension is that his niece lives with him and she can be really annoying.  

Its starting to feel like the entire season is built around Allie, because she gets into some kind of trouble every week.

• Love 8

I don't really care if she ends up with Nathan. He's boring but the worse part is he comes with Ally. Can't we kill her off? She's such annoying brat I hate her as much as Cody. Her whining all episode long about wanting to see her Grandpa. Of course Grandpa was innocent. Of course Nathan who's spent his entire life dealing with his crap had to be wrong. While Ally who knew nothing and is a brat had to be right. I hate that kid. Why does their always have to be one brat? They've had other kids on the show that aren't brats at all.  Hey why don't she run off with Grandpa and never come back? That'll work. That'll be real revenge on your father.  

I'm glad Clara apologized for getting mad at Jesse for asking someone a second guy to be a groomsmen. I've never understood why the wedding party has to have the same number. Why? Would the world end if you only had one and the groom have two? What if you only have one person you want to ask or are close too. But it was nice that Fiona got asked. Elizabeth was an easy guess. But its nice to see Fiona doing more. 

So Faith's actress is pregnant? I wondered if she had wanted to leave the show and were setting that up.  

• Love 2

I just caught up on missed episodes. The show seemed a lot better without Lori Loughlin.  It surprised me because I always liked her. I don't much care for the triangle between Elizabeth and the mountie and bar/hotel owner. I agree how Ally's character is written is annoying. Overall though, the show was a little better.

The women still seem to dress like they live in a big city.  Imagine taking care of all those long dresses that drag in the mud. When would people who actually lived in those days find the time to maintain those fancy clothes (washing, ironing) and style their hair especially those who did not have servants?

The scene with Elizabeth and Rosemary hanging clothes made me laugh again with the same observation I made in a past season.  It is clear neither actress has had to hang clothes outside in real life.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, madfortv said:

I just caught up on missed episodes. The show seemed a lot better without Lori Loughlin.  It surprised me because I always liked her. I don't much care for the triangle between Elizabeth and the mountie and bar/hotel owner. I agree how Ally's character is written is annoying. Overall though, the show was a little better.

The women still seem to dress like they live in a big city.  Imagine taking care of all those long dresses that drag in the mud. When would people who actually lived in those days find the time to maintain those fancy clothes (washing, ironing) and style their hair especially those who did not have servants?

The scene with Elizabeth and Rosemary hanging clothes made me laugh again with the same observation I made in a past season.  It is clear neither actress has had to hang clothes outside in real life.

Agree - Elizabeth has an abundant wardrobe. The scenes are shot mostly in nice weather. No horse droppings in the streets. No one is ever mussed up. Just like real life ha!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, bybrandy said:

Wasn't Lucas a bit shady when he came.  I now think I'm imagining that.  

Yep - there was definitely a lot of cloak and dagger mystery to his backstory.  Remember the episode when someone from his past came to the saloon and held Elizabeth hostage? Then, the show decided to change tracks and turned him into a vanilla character, just ignoring the past. I'm speculating they turned Lucas into a white hat figure because they wanted a love triangle and well, we can't have someone shady when his rival is a freaking Mountie!  This is Hallmark Channel, people!

• Love 2

Very little Ally! Thank you. I feel bad for the actress but I can't stand that character.

The scene with Elizabeth reading to Opal was really cute. I really like Opal. 

I did think who ever said it I think Jesse after being dismissed from the jury because he worked for Henry pointing out what's her name worked for Bill. Then again so should Clara since her husband died in the mine collapse. Most probably would have a reason to be disqualified in one way or another due to Henry's past deeds, eating at Bill's café, working for him or Henry. But at least Bill had more to do. They really need to give him a storyline though.

I'm not entirely sure why Rosemary couldn't have her sketch book.  Its not really much more work the reading and at least gives her a little more to do. You can only read so much and this is from someone who loves to read. I liked that she was still able to see baby Jack at the window. I do wish they'd make a decision on kid or no kid for Rosemary and Lee and be done with it. She always looks like she wants one and yet they don't do anything about despite having money and friends with people who run an children's home. 

Got the chicken pox when I was 24. Not fun - sicker than a dog and pox everywhere (and I mean EVERYWHERE!!)

The Hope Valley Pox apparently only results in scratchy arms and dramatic, but easily manageable, fevers ... and maybe increased fertility???????

What an amazing place to live! 😄😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

What do you all think about the fact that they actually showed Lucas giving Elizabeth the flowers at the end but cut it off before we could see her reaction to Nathan? Honestly I think she's better off with Lucas but I think the show is trying to make us think it's Lucas but really pair her with Nathan in the end. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, sharifa70 said:

“bachelorette party”

This term was not even used until the 1980's. There were Bridal parties but this was used to help the bride come up with her dowry and to build her trousseau with clothing and household linen, in anticipation of married life and to make the house more pleasing to her husband.

https://www.redbookmag.com/love-sex/relationships/a49906/bachelor-bachelorette-party-tradition-history/

Has the show jumped the shark? I did not watch last night.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, brighteyes said:

What do you all think about the fact that they actually showed Lucas giving Elizabeth the flowers at the end but cut it off before we could see her reaction to Nathan? Honestly I think she's better off with Lucas but I think the show is trying to make us think it's Lucas but really pair her with Nathan in the end. 

I agree with this.  She will end up with Nathan.  They aren't going to have her disappoint Ally too.  Speaking of Ally, she was already annoying, but now they have her openly shipping Elizabeth and Nathan which makes her annoyingness skyrocket. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, brighteyes said:

Yep - that's how I see it as well.  At this point, I just want the series to end. The anachronism is getting to be too much.  Bridal shower with party favors?!  And games?!  Did that really happen in the early 20th century?  And what's the diff between bridal shower and bridal party?  Why'd Rosemary make a point of telling Lee there's a difference?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, norcalgal said:

And what's the diff between bridal shower and bridal party?  Why'd Rosemary make a point of telling Lee there's a difference?

According to the annoyed research I did about the history of "bachelorette parties," a bridal shower is where the bride receives traditional trousseau items such as linens. The term "bachelorette party" started to gain popularity in the 80's (as in NINETEEN, not eighteen) and pretty much mirrors a bachelor party in drunken debauchery. 

So, more anachronisms but I've pretty much lost hope.

God, Nathan is as boring as Allie is annoying.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, sharifa70 said:

According to the annoyed research I did about the history of "bachelorette parties," a bridal shower is where the bride receives traditional trousseau items such as linens. The term "bachelorette party" started to gain popularity in the 80's (as in NINETEEN, not eighteen) and pretty much mirrors a bachelor party in drunken debauchery. 

So, more anachronisms but I've pretty much lost hope.

God, Nathan is as boring as Allie is annoying.

@Sharifa70, thanks for doing the dirty work of looking up the history of bridal shower v. bachelorette party for the rest of us.  

I'm so tired of the uninteresting/boring plot of Lucas's and Nathan's machinations as they try to get Elizabeth's attention/interest. The dueling floral bouquets, attempts at conversation with Elizabeth, jeez- even dueling hello wave!!!   ENOUGH. Can we fast forward to her choosing already, so we can move on? 

Having said this, for myself, I'd choose the actor Kevin because I find him quite attractive, whereas Chris does NOTHING for me.  YMMV...

• Love 1

This show is like another i could go on about where all historical accuracy is just off. (but I've never seen anyone super angry about the other show whereas it really pisses me off) This show pisses me off too. I understand that when we make a period piece now, we're looking back with rose coloured glasses (usually) but this show....this show!!!! I can't believe invented Bachelorette Parties!

Like their idea of the past is just grating. And it would be so much better with just a little bit of research.  

It's also not interesting enough plot wise for me to forget the fact that the historical accuracy sucks. I'm not even someone who's like HISTORICALLY ACCURACY FOREVER bc thats impossible but like ... do better.

However, I would still die for Rosemary and she could plan any party of mine. She's the only reason I'm still watching this show 

Also Fiona is 100% a lesbian, and paring her with BlandKevin is an insult to me and every other wlw. (She's a lesbian bc I have a crush on her.)

• Love 3

I'm so tired of the uninteresting/boring plot of Lucas's and Nathan's machinations as they try to get Elizabeth's attention/interest. The dueling floral bouquets, attempts at conversation with Elizabeth, jeez- even dueling hello wave!!!   ENOUGH. Can we fast forward to her choosing already, so we can move on? 

So much this. It's so annoying. I would prefer Lucas myself (because another mountie, really? Plus I also find Nathan boring). But either way, just move along already. No more of this coy, awkward dancing around all three of them are doing and just start moving on one path. This is getting really old.

ETA: Not only is it annoying, it's also giving me so much secondhand embarrassment with all the awkward. I don't know how much longer I can handle it.

Edited by redpencil
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, redpencil said:

I would prefer Lucas myself (because another mountie, really? Plus I also find Nathan boring). 

Well, Hope Valley invented bachelorette parties, so I guess badge bunnies are next? 😉

I think it’s interesting that I couldn’t stand Rosemary when she first arrived, but she has definitely grown on me. She definitely wants what she wants but somehow manages to not come across as spoiled or petulant. Props to Pascale for that!

• Love 6
On 3/24/2020 at 6:27 AM, sharifa70 said:

Well, Hope Valley invented bachelorette parties, so I guess badge bunnies are next? 😉

I think it’s interesting that I couldn’t stand Rosemary when she first arrived, but she has definitely grown on me. She definitely wants what she wants but somehow manages to not come across as spoiled or petulant. Props to Pascale for that!

Same here. I hated her when she first showed up but now she's my favorite character. She still has so much excitement about her and in everything she does. She's so much fun and always ready to try new things. Any other actress she probably would be spoiled or petulant but Pascale really makes it work. She and Lee are my favorite couple. Plus their are really the only couple we've gotten to see that dated, married and see their married life. We never really got that with Elizabeth and Jack we saw so little of them engaged and definitely didn't get to see them after the wedding. Its not perfect it makes no sense that Lee hasn't had a house built for them and the kid thing. But their still a great couple. I still care what happens to them. With everyone else its even harder. Even Elizabeth who I still really like because they botched her and Jack so much its really hard for me to care who she ends up with now. 

• Love 2

“It’s like RAY-ee-ayyyyyyn, on your wedding day....”

I am still firmly Team Giver of Libraries rather than Team “I Don’t Mind a Little Competition.” 

What on earth is the deal with Clara’s scary long fingernails? Those things are freaking talons! Doesn’t she, you know, work for a living?

Edited by sharifa70
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, sharifa70 said:

“It’s like RAY-ee-ayyyyyyn, on your wedding day....”

I am still firmly Team Giver of Libraries rather than Team “I Don’t Mind a Little Competition.” 

What on earth is the deal with Clara’s scary long fingernails? Those things are freaking talons! Doesn’t she, you know, work for a living?

I agree! Tonight he literally said he sees her as a competition... Lucas clearly knows Nathan is into her too but he's just focused all his attention on Elizabeth rather than what Nathan is doing. I personally don't think that's an attractive quality for Nathan to have. 

Pretty sure Clara didn't have those nails before her wedding day, which means she got them done when they were getting ready but did women even get manicures during that time period? It would have looked better if she just left them normal! 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, brighteyes said:

I agree! Tonight he literally said he sees her as a competition... Lucas clearly knows Nathan is into her too but he's just focused all his attention on Elizabeth rather than what Nathan is doing. I personally don't think that's an attractive quality for Nathan to have. 

Pretty sure Clara didn't have those nails before her wedding day, which means she got them done when they were getting ready but did women even get manicures during that time period? It would have looked better if she just left them normal! 

We know that HallmarkWorld has different rules (which we’ve talked about a lot here but I’m also going to throw in Robert referring to Florence as “Florence” tonight), so who knows what’s proper in Hope Valley? But in the real world (where a war was raging), ladies wore gloves in public as well as for housework. They also wore stockings. I don’t think gloves would have fit over those claws, and I also don’t think a pair of stockings would have much of a chance, so my guess is that it was more likely that they would have kept their nails short. 

I completely agree that Lucas is focused on Elizabeth rather than Nathan. That’s a much more attractive quality than treating her like a prize.

Edited by sharifa70
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, sharifa70 said:

Literally! a library! How romantic! and he seems actually interested in her as a person. But this whole pursuit thing can stop whenever it wants.

Carson has gone Full Dadtm with his camera and I sorta love it. 

Anther historical inaccuracy: men didn't wear wedding rings til about the 1960s. (also Clara's nails just looked kinda gross imo lmao) 

10 hours ago, sharifa70 said:

ladies wore gloves in public as well as for housework. They also wore stockings.

this also bugs me, along with the fact you can tell the women aren't wearing proper undergarments (shift/corset) under their clothes, which drives me crazy.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, allonsyalice said:

Literally! a library! How romantic! and he seems actually interested in her as a person. But this whole pursuit thing can stop whenever it wants.

Carson has gone Full Dadtm with his camera and I sorta love it. 

Anther historical inaccuracy: men didn't wear wedding rings til about the 1960s. (also Clara's nails just looked kinda gross imo lmao) 

this also bugs me, along with the fact you can tell the women aren't wearing proper undergarments (shift/corset) under their clothes, which drives me crazy.  

Or how about the men running around all over the place in their shirtsleeves?

Nitpicking the historical inaccuracies of this show is kind of fun. Would Clara still have worn white for her second marriage? This show Does. Not. Care. about its time period.

On a positive note, I did like the scene with Clara and Elizabeth. It struck a chord with me, not because of a partner's death, but because I did have a relationship that I would 100% without question re-live even knowing it would still end the same way. It's not often that I actually relate to this silly show, but that talk hit me in the feels.

But yeah, Carson and his camera made me giggle.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sharifa70 said:

Or how about the men running around all over the place in their shirtsleeves?

Nitpicking the historical inaccuracies of this show is kind of fun. Would Clara still have worn white for her second marriage? This show Does. Not. Care. about its time period.

On a positive note, I did like the scene with Clara and Elizabeth. It struck a chord with me, not because of a partner's death, but because I did have a relationship that I would 100% without question re-live even knowing it would still end the same way. It's not often that I actually relate to this silly show, but that talk hit me in the feels.

But yeah, Carson and his camera made me giggle.

I'm Team Nathan only because of the actor - not the character. I just prefer Kevin to Chris... They've neutered the Lucas character from when he first joined the show. So if we now have to pick between two "white hat" characters, give me Nathan...(it's just too bad his annoying niece is part of the package).

Anyhoo, on to the anachronisms.  ITA with what everyone else has said about Clara's nails. Furthermore, I'd think it would be hard for her to do her waitress/sewing jobs with nails that long. But whatever, modern bride, here we come!

Carson is of course the official wedding photographer.  And Lucas is the wedding caterer, and maybe the town women en mass were the official florists, and finally, Lee/Rosemary took care of the "limo" for the happy couple. See, Hope Valley's got your entire wedding needs covered!  🙄🤣