Type keyword(s) to search

The Grounder Gazette: the 100 in the Media

In2You

Our 18 Favorite Ship Moments, In Honor Of Valentine’s Day

2. Clexa’s final goodbye in the City of Light (The 100)
Clarke Griffin and Lexa had plenty of incredible romantic and/or sexually tense moments in the first half of The 100 Season 3 – Lexa pledging fealty to Clarke, their much-anticipated first time having sex, and their heart-wrenching goodbye when Lexa died in Clarke’s arms are just a few examples. But their final goodbye in the City of Light takes the cake for one simple reason.

Lexa shouldn’t have died – let’s just put that out there. Her death was the easiest way out, plot-wise, to write the character off of the show and free up Alycia Debnam Carey to appear on Fear the Walking Dead. Even worse, the way she died was abysmal, fitting into every tired trope about LGBT characters’ deaths. But her farewell in the City of Light – that was perfect. That was how Lexa should have gone out to begin with – fighting side by side with the woman she loves, saving everyone.

Of course, the City of Light sequence was also an incredible showcase for the chemistry between the two actresses that made this ‘ship so beloved to begin with.

Lexa’s smirk when she shows up in the nick of time to save Clarke, the two of them gazing at each other in disbelief after thinking they’d never see each other again, Clarke immediately kissing Lexa when she revived just in case she didn’t have time to do it later, the “I love you” – there was just so much to love about the Clexa scenes of the Season 3 finale.

13. Kabby’s first kiss (The 100)
These two just recently had sex for the first time, but it’s their first kiss that really had fans talking (and by talking, we mean “excited squeeing”).

There’s never much time for pure romance on The 100. That’s why it was so, so satisfying to see Kane take a second to plant a big, passionate smooch on Abby while he was fleeing Arkadia. That urgency – it had to happen right then – paired with their long-simmering sexual tension made this a very memorable ‘ship moment.

Edited by RedKeep
  • Love 1

“That list is kind of forced upon them,” Morley says, “And the fact that instead of playing the blame game, they just get on with the job, I think, is very important to see. One of the big points that happens in that episode is when Clarke does puts Bellamy’s name on the list, and then Bellamy puts her name on the list, you see them being able to make decisions for each other and agree with them. Like finally, you know?”

‘The 100’s’ Clarke & Bellamy are ‘finally’ on the same page … and list

The-100-season-4-Clarke-sad.png

The 100 season 4, episode 3 was rife with huge emotional developments, introducing some ticking time bombs that threaten the fragile semi-peace our heroes have enjoyed so far.

Raise your hand if you Do Not Want To Be Clarke Right Now.

I mean holy shit. We thought the culling was bad, and now Clarke’s made a goddamn list of 100 people she deems most worthy of surviving the end of the world. Let’s just sit with that for a second.

Related: ‘The 100’ star Bob Morley previews Bellamy’s journey to leadership in season 4… and beyond?

Of course a lot of other awesome, moving, horrible, upsetting and badass storylines interweaved in The 100 season 4, episode 3, and I’m gonna do my solid best to talk about all the things.

‘The 100’ season 4, episode 3 review: She’s making a list, he’s checking it twice

Edited by CooperTV

The rest of this season will continue to explore Octavia's relationship with Indra, and her newfound friendship/rivalry with Gaia. 

"They're very evenly matched, but there's a jealousy that comes from the fact that Indra and her daughter are on such different playing fields because of Gaia's ritualistic beliefs, the complete opposite of those that are Indra's," Avgeropoulos tells us of Octavia's relationship with Gaia. "And because [Gaia and Indra] have been separated so long, and Octavia and Indra have really come together as almost an un-biological family, Gaia has become quite jealous of her and that relationship that has become so strong, because she didn't have that one with her own mother." 

As for the flame, while it will likely cause some problems with Roan's hold on the clans, Avgeropoulos says, "the flame almost becomes unimportant towards the end of the season." 

"Octavia found the flame important only to save Gaia's life, and that just shows you the type of person deep down Octavia is. She does care about salvaging the relationships between family." 

The 100's Marie Avgeropoulos Sounds Off on Octavia's Loyalties: "She Understands the Importance of Family"

Marie's interviews and the writers' intent just keep on giving. Octavia cares about family. But not the family that raised her (aka Bellamy Blake who was her father-figure for 16 years, and not her brother, as he should be), because the writers are absolutely clueless how everything Octavia does comes off after season 3 Blake siblings disaster Again, not surprised. Just disappointed.

Edited by CooperTV

We can’t believe this either, but we just spent an hour and a half talking to Jason Rothenberg! He approached us 2 weeks ago to tell us he’s a fan of the podcast and would love to come talk to us, WHICH IS INSANE TO US TO YOU GUYS, FOR REAL, and ended up giving us a full hour longer than we were scheduled. To get this up as fast as possible, we’ve edited nothing, so please forgive Skype glitches, interruptions, lots of “um”, and all of us talking over each other. But we had a fantastic, complex conversation on everything from leadership themes in season 4 to fandom and social media. Anyway, we need to go walk it off because like WE SORT OF STILL CAN’T BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED???, but we hope you enjoy!

MetaStation

Edited by CooperTV

the-100-jasper-jordan.jpg

Jasper is suffering from PTSD, and the cure is most certainly not telling him to “snap out of it.” He needs proper therapy, which, unfortunately for him, nobody has the time for, and even worse, few seem to care. His friends are far more capable of coping with everything that has happened to them and what they’ve done, so it’s difficult for them to understand his breakdown. In turn, he can’t grasp how they’re not crippled by their own grief and trauma. Jasper may be physically surrounded by his people, but he’s emotionally alone.

Jasper’s arc on ‘The 100’ is real, raw, and underrated

• Love 2

the1oo-news2.jpg

There are a lot of parallels being drawn this season between Clarke and Jaha. What do you think of those comparisons?
Taylor: I think it's really interesting. Clarke is forced to see why Jaha did all the terrible things that he did, which she had never been able to see before. It makes for really interesting storylines. It's been nice working alongside Isaiah for the first time really ever.

How do you hope Clarke is able to learn from Jaha's mistakes rather than repeat them?
Taylor: That's a good question. I think by taking what she knows from him, but also using her own intuition and knowledge. Those two, combined, is what's going to help her not to turn into the leader that he was.

Earlier this season, Jaha spoke about how Clarke needs Bellamy. Why do you think they make such good partners?
Taylor: I'm not sure. I think Bellamy has a lot thicker skin and he's a lot more cutthroat, which she needs sometimes. And Clarke has a sensitivity and a sensibility about her that Bellamy needs sometimes. With those two things combined, they really do need each other. I think that's why people look up to them as a team.

Will we see Bellamy and Clarke continue to really lean on each other going forward?
Taylor: Yeah, more and more than ever they need each other.

Abbie's (Paige Turco) brain is being affected by A.L.I.E. How will Clarke react when she learns what's going on with her mother?
Taylor: Yeah, it's pretty shocking to Clarke. It gives her a lot more motivation to get to the island and be there for her mom and for Raven (Lindsey Morgan).

So Clarke is going to become very active in trying to save Raven and Abbie going forward?
Taylor: The thing is, Clarke really doesn't know how to help them. All three of them have really got to put their heads together to work out what's going on and how to stop it.

The 100's Eliza Taylor: Why Bellamy and Clarke Need Each Other Now More Than Ever

The100_1280-720x405.jpg

At the center of it all, of course, is Clarke Griffin (Eliza Taylor), who continues to do all she can to save as many as she can – though last week’s episode ended with a huge moment of despair, as an explosion caused by Illian (Chai Hansen) took away Arkadia as a viable place to at least keep 100 people alive.

This week’s new episode finds Clarke, Roan (Zach McGowan) and Bellamy (Bob Morley) working together to get some now-precious hydrazine to Raven (Lindsey Morgan), now that the work she’s doing with Abby (Paige Turco) and the rocket they discovered may be the only path left for survival. I spoke to Taylor about what to expect this week and beyond, as Clarke continues to fight on.

The 100: Eliza Taylor on Clarke's Uneasy Alliance With Roan

Edited by CooperTV

When asking our readers who among the supporting cast of The CW’s HIT sci-fi drama The 100 they would like to see in included in our interview series for the show, Canadian actress Luisa D’Oliveira was very high on that list! OMFGTV jumped on the phone with Luisa to discuss her fan-favorite character, Emori’s history, and more!

“Emori is a bandit who has been mostly on her own or with her brother, trying to make her way because Grounder society completely rejected her,” D’Oliveira tells us. We find out in season 3, not long after we meet her character, that Emori has a bit of a disability that caused her people to cast her out.

“The 100” Exclusive: Luisa D’Oliveira Discusses Emori, Trust Issues, & More!

the-100-clarke.jpg

Clarke & Co. experienced yet another major setback in their quest to save mankind on Wednesday’s The 100, losing their fuel supply after fighting a fierce battle to obtain it.

“There’s not a lot of hope, but Clarke and the gang are still determined to find a way to ride out the radiation,” Eliza Taylor tells TVLine. “There are a couple of people who have hope, but they’re in a pretty hopeless situation.”

Of course, the hour wasn’t a total bust — certainly not for Clarke, who got to squeeze in some serious pillow time with Niylah. But don’t go putting a label on the ladies’ relationship just yet.

“They’re really good friends,” Taylor says of Clarke and Niylah. “They’ve been through a lot, and they find comfort in one another. I think it’s as simple as that, and it’s kind of beautiful.”

The 100's Eliza Taylor Details Clarke's 'Beautiful' Relationship With Niylah

The-100-season-4-Niylah.jpg

Niylah made her way to Arkadia just in time to watch it all come crumbling down, helping a wounded Octavia and attempting to stop Ilian from destroying Skaikru’s home. In this week’s episode, titled “We Will Rise,” Niylah and Clarke are once again sharing a bed, Niylah completely accepting Clarke’s grief for Lexa and providing help and comfort not just to Clarke, but to all the characters she interacts with.

So what’s next for Niylah and Niylarke? Hypable checked in with Jessica Harmon for a preview of what’s to come, and to hear her thoughts on the character and her key relationships.

‘The 100’s’ Jessica Harmon talks Niylah’s season 4 return (exclusive)

The 100 season 4, episode 7 delivered so many emotional blows, I’m still trying to catch my breath.

I don’t know about you, but I was so damn impressed with this episode of The 100, which managed to be both terrifying and delightful at the same time.

While not exactly a bottle episode, it effectively utilized the technique of putting its characters into confined spaces to force emotional confrontations, and I think we made a lot of headway with several major arcs, from Bellamy, Octavia and Kane to Emori, Harper and Murphy.

The apocalypse has been an abstract concept to everyone until now, and while we’ve probably only gotten to see a slice of the chaos it will cause, it’s already clear that it’ll force everyone to be more extreme and immediate in their actions, because the threat of extinction is suddenly very, very real.

Bellamy’s inability to save the two Arkadians (including one of the 100), Harper’s breakdown and Kane’s loss of morale likely mark the shape of things to come. Oh boy, if we thought things seemed hopeless before…

But wait, it’s not all bad! One character had a major (and very sexy) breakthrough this week! Let’s discuss.

The 100 season 4, episode 7 review: Survivor’s guilt

The 100 season 4 has been comparatively kind to our main characters so far, but let’s not fool ourselves into thinking that this is gonna last.

“First of all, how dare you?” -Me to me.

I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve been existing in a state of blissful ignorance about character deaths in The 100 season 4, because I so badly want to believe that after the season 3 blood bath, the writers might just possibly take it easy on us this year and spare us from any major trauma (and/or spare themselves from the fandom’s wrath).

Losing Lexa, Lincoln and Sinclair in quick succession last year left the fans emotionally exhausted, and there was a reason they chose to spare Jasper in the finale: There had simply been too much death at that point. We, and the characters, had suffered more than enough for one season.

But we’ve had time to breathe now, and our heroes are facing a literal apocalypse. People are going to die, and it’s hard to believe that all the characters we love will miraculously be spared. The 100 just isn’t the kind of show where everybody lives, as much as we want to pretend it is.

And, after all, the cast is now so big that they have to rotate them out every episode and send characters off to sleep in shifts! We’ve hardly seen supposed main character Miller all season, Jasper’s been popping in and out of storylines, Gaia was introduced only to vanish for five episodes, etc. From that perspective, it makes a logistical (if cynical) sort of sense that we’ll lose a major character or two.

Poll: Who will die in ‘The 100’ season 4?

The-100-Season-4-DVD.jpg

In the latest season of The CW’s hit show, the 100 are still fighting for survival after suffering devastating hardships that have almost completely torn them apart. The fight has taken countless lives and set Earth’s survivors against each other, but can this group of heroes protect each other from the most dangerous threat yet? Join members of Skaikru as they work to save the human race when Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) releases the exhilarating The 100: The Complete Fourth Season on DVD on July 18, 2017.  The 100: The Complete Fourth Season will feature all 13 episodes and will be available to own on July 18, 2017 for $24.98 SRP.

Due to overwhelming fan demand, The 100: The Complete Fourth Season also arrives July 18, 2017 on Blu-rayTM courtesy of Warner Archive, and will be available at Amazon.com and all online retailers.

SPECIAL FEATURES:

The 100: 2016 Comic-Con Panel
From Outcasts to Leaders
Creating A Post-Apocalyptic World
Jasper’s Journey
The Stunts of the 100
Deleted Scenes
Gag Reel

13 ONE-HOUR EPISODES

Echoes
Heavy Lies The Crown
The Four Houseman
A Lie Guarded
The Tinder Box
We Will Rise
Gimme Shelter
God Complex
DNR
Die All, Die Merrily
The Other Side
The Chosen
Praimfaya

THE 100 Season 4 DVD Release Details

Due to overwhelming fan demand, The 100: The Complete Fourth Season also arrives July 18, 2017 on Blu-rayTM courtesy of Warner Archive, and will be available at Amazon.com and all online retailers.

Really ?  Overwhelming ?

• Love 5

the-100-octavia-ilian.jpg

When last we saw The 100‘s Octavia, she was seeking shelter from a downpour of toxic rain — while turning up the heat with Season 4 newcomer Ilian. So, what’s next?

Octavia is seen again when The 100 returns Wednesday (The CW, 9/8c), and even though most of her scenes are opposite Ilian, executive producer Jason Rothenberg suggests fans hold off before going all in on this potential new couple.

“I don’t think that night in the cave did much for Octavia,” Rothenberg admits to TVLine. “I feel like she was searching for a temporary way out of her pain, as was Ilian. She’s trying to let go of the pain of her past, trying to move past this killer she’s become. But at the end of the day, we are who we are. Like a moth to a flame, she’s most alive when she’s closest to death.”

Romantic entanglements aside, fans of Marie Avgeropoulos‘ character have a lot to look forward to in the season’s remaining five episodes, including a possible mending of fences between her and Bellamy.

“Octavia’s journey this season is incredible,” Rothenberg adds. “It’s about to go into orbit. It’s crazy what we’re about to see from her. And Bellamy will be there to help as much as he can — as much as she lets him.”

The 100 Boss Talks Octavia and Ilian's New Romance — or Lack Thereof

Congratulations, Bob Morley! 

The star of The 100 has officially defeated two-time winner Sam Heughan to become the 2017 Alpha Male in one of our most exciting competitions ever, all thanks to you guys! 

Morley, with help from his adorable dog, sends his thanks in the adorable video above. 

"Thank you for making me the E! Online Alpha Male for 2017," he says, holding the cutest puppy you've ever seen. "I think the win is more of a testament to the passion of The 100 fans, so this one's for you. ... It's an honor. Don't know how much of an Alpha I am. I can't even get this one to sit." 

Alpha Male Madness 2017: Bob Morley or Sam Heughan? The Winner Sounds Off

Allies are always shifting and situations are always becoming direr on The 100, but if there’s one thing that stays consistent, it’s the soundtrack. Produced by Tree Adams, the music that scores each episode is hauntingly beautiful.

EW has exclusively learned that WaterTower Music is releasing a soundtrack for season 4: Fans of the show will get 26 tracks of the theme music.

In creating the score for The 100, Adams credits the fans: He says the “show’s fandom … inspired me to dig a little deeper in supplying that musical substratum.” He says the tracks — with titles such as “Praimfaya” and “King Roan” — are rife with Middle Eastern colors and epic orchestral themes. “I love diving into the world that Jason Rothenberg has created where there are such great opportunities to create rich thematic material in the storytelling,” Adams says.

To get a taste of the album, EW has an exclusive on the track “Clarke’s Mission” below.

Listen to The 100 season 4 soundtrack

• Love 1
(edited)

The end of the world has been looming all season long on The 100. And yet, for most of season four, The CW’s post-apocalyptic series found itself mired in Grounder politics and potential wars between different Grounder clans. Entire episodes revolved around plans for survival that didn’t end up working, so much so that it felt like the series was just kicking rocks for a while. Clarke (Eliza Taylor), Bellamy (Bob Morley) and the rest of the 100 favorites tried plans A through Y, until finally landing on plan Z.

Heading into the finale, “Praimfaya,” they’ll try their best to launch a rocket into space. The hope is to reach the abandoned Ring of space stations the Ark left behind and safely land inside to try and get the oxygen working. Then, and only then, they’ll start to figure out how to survive in space for five years while the Earth is irradiated once more, and the rest of their people are (maybe) safely locked in a bunker underground.

There’s no denying that the finale is going to be a brutal sprint to the finish line, as every moment of season four has been leading up to the release of radiation. But in order to get to the high-stakes, no-holds-barred ending, viewers have had to endure a season full of stories that felt almost pointless, constantly hitting dead ends. When we know that the world is literally going to end in fire, it’s hard to get excited about Grounder clans fighting for control over Polis. Polis literally won’t exist in a few weeks’ time! Of course, the Grounders don’t know/believe that, so to them, a war over the capital is the most important thing. But it has gotten more and more difficult to get invested in these stories as the season went on.

But then, something changed. When all the characters realized the death wave was coming, the show turned a corner. All of a sudden, every story felt high-stakes once more. Everyone was working towards the same goal: the survival of the human race. Body counts rose as every clan had to pick only 100 people each to ride out the radiation wave in the bunker. Some people, like Jasper (Devon Bostick), beloved fan-favorite since the pilot of the series, chose suicide over fighting to live another day. Friends and family made up after seasons of fighting. Couples traded “I love you”s. Things of importance actually started happening. And then, the penultimate season four episode turned out to be one of the best episodes of the series. But the finale tops that.

Nerdist has seen the epic hour already, and while we can’t (and don’t want to) spoil any of the big surprises, what we can say is that when The 100 returns for season five, it will be a completely different show.

“Next season is going to be crazy,” executive producer Jason Rothenberg told Nerdist after an early screening the episode. “Big changes are coming for season five. Interpersonally, relationships are going to change. Some people will be excited, some people will be pissed off, as always.”

While this season felt like it was divided in two parts–the first half dealing with the looming threat of death and then the second half dealing with the ticking clock finally hitting zero–Rothenberg explained that wasn’t his intention.

“I never really looked at it as two parts,” he said. “To me, it feels like the big concept for season four was we wanted the clock to start ticking in the premiere and it ticks down to zero in the finale. And as you get closer to zero, things get more and more intense and desperate. By its nature, a story like that starts more slowly and then accelerates in intensity as time runs out. Frankly, that’s what we always do on some level. We are telling one big story every season and the finale is hugely important as the destination for that story, and the first few episodes are usually dealing with the fallout from the previous season. And then we start to kick into high gear as things get closer to that finale.”

He continued, “There was no one part of the season that excited me more than the others, it was always exciting to me to try to tell a story that was essentially going to get more and more intense with every episode. I think that’s what happened and I’m glad to see that it played out the way I hoped it would.”

“We’re telling the story that we want to tell and we always hope that every episode is great,” he said. “I actually thought that the first half of the season was really strong. We by design were telling a story where our heroes know that the end is coming and were desperately searching for a way to escape the end of the world. So by design, it was, ‘We’re going to try this idea–shit, that failed!’ ‘We’re going to try this idea. Shit, that failed, too!’ And more and more desperation starts to consume everybody as the reality of the situation hits and it gets more harrowing as we race towards this finale. To me, the finale is just the icing on the cake.”

“We say something is going to happen, and then it happens–that’s our DNA,” Rothenberg said. “That’s happened 16 times in this show already, so that’s our formula, if we have one. We hope to deliver those promises in a way audiences won’t expect. We said the death wave is coming, and it comes. Our heroes figure out a way to survive or not.”

Why Patience is a Virtue for Fans of THE 100

Edited by CooperTV

The 100 Season 4 Comic-Con Sizzle Reel Trailer

THE 100 Comic Con 2017 Panel - News, Season 5 & Highlights

The 100 Panel Comic Con 2017 (Full version)

The 100 Interview | Comic-Con 2017 | TVLine

• Love 1

Things will be very different in the return of “#The 100” #Season 5 as it is set to feature a six-year time jump. Clarke (Eliza Taylor) will definitely change, but it looks like the affection she and Bellamy (Bob Morley) have will stay the same.

In fact, fans are hoping to see them together once again in the new season of the post-apocalyptic drama. However, with all the challenges they have been through in the previous season, she might need to talk to Octavia (#Marie Avgeropoulos) first as they now lead everyone’s safety.

Octavia’s character development

At the recent San Diego Comic-Con 2017, Marie Avgeropoulos talked about what is about to come in “The 100” Season 5.

“In the bunker with this mix bagged of clans, they aren’t letting go of old animosities,” the 31-year-old star told Emertainment Monthly. With that, her character as Octavia should think of a way that these people should pay for everything they have been doing while living inside the bunker. As she has no ability to make them float, fans are about to see the bright idea she has to keep them in line.

Moreover, Marie Avgeropoulos also revealed that Octavia and Clarke have to talk as they are now both leading everyone. From here, Eliza Taylor’s character might now respect the Grounder Pounder. “Octavia is a doer, not a sayer,” she model described her role. If no one believes her, she will do something to prove why she has been their leader. This way, they could start listening to her and follow her decisions.

She explained that she now fully understands Clarke as she is often the one who makes the hard decisions. And now that they have switched roles, “Octavia is now the leader and Clarke is the grounder,” fans are about to see how these things changed.

Bellamy and Clarke’s future

Moreover, Eliza Taylor teased the possibility of Clarke and Bellamy’s reunion in “The 100” Season 5. However, there will be a catch before this happens.

"If they do reunite, it's got to be the team being backed together, first and foremost," the 27-year-old star told TV Guide in an interview at San Diego Comic-Con 2017.

‘The 100’ Season 5: Marie Avgeropoulos reveals Clarke, Octavia to switch posts

The 100 Season 5 will not premiere until 2018. However, a lot of information was teased by the cast and executive producer, Jason Rothenberg. Recently, Richard Harmon hinted that there is a reason why the rocket has not returned to Earth. Could they have encountered some major problem while waiting for it to be safe to return to the planet?

Possible spoilers might be ahead. Do not continue reading unless you want to know what is coming up in the series.

According to Tell-Tale TV, Richard Harmon teased that there is a reason why the rocket has not come back to Earth yet. The air would have been safe five years after Praimfaya. However, when the show returns, six years will have passed and Clarke (Eliza Taylor) is still waiting for her friends. Why haven’t they returned yet?

“Where we left off in Season 4, we have not come down to the ground yet, a year after it’s been safe for us to come down. So before we deal with coming back to the ground, we have to deal with why we haven’t come back down yet, and what is it going to take for us to actually come back home.”

It sounds like the rocket might have a mechanical or electrical issue in The 100 Season 5. For the group not to come back down to Earth when it was safe, something must have happened. Luckily, Raven Reyes (Lindsey Morgan) is on board. As fans know, she is a genius when it comes to repairing equipment and figuring out how to make something work. Even if she doesn’t have the necessary tools or parts. She is the type of girl that knows how to think outside the box.

The actor also talked about being excited to find out how the relationships change after six years. He teased that there is a lot of “fire” between Murphy and Raven. It will be interesting to find out where they stand when the characters finally do make it back down to Earth.

Why Hasn’t The Rocket Returned To Earth? Is There A Problem In Space?

According to Spoiler TV, the title of the 100 Season 5 premiere is “Eden.” This is a fitting title, especially since the small area of green Earth that escaped annihilation has been referred to as the Garden of Eden in some interviews. So, what does this mean for Clarke and Madi?

Episode 1 Title Revealed, What This Means For Clarke And Madi

Edited by CooperTV

the-100-recast.jpg

Lola Flanery, known to Shadowhunters fans as the Seelie Queen’s non-Sarah Hyland form, will take over the recurring role of Madi, TVLine has confirmed. The character, introduced in the Season 4 finale, was originally played by Imogen Tear.

This relationship is hugely important for Clarke,” executive producer Jason Rothenberg tells TVLine of her connection with the young Nightblood. “She’s been with her for five years. They are, for all intents and purposes, bonded the way a mother and daughter would be. So Clarke loves her, and her decision-making process has changed, just as it does for anyone who has a child. … We’ll tell the story of how they came together in Season 5, and how they’ve been surviving as the only two people on the planet.”

The 100 Season 5 Recast: Meet the New Actress Playing Clarke's 'Daughter'

jordan-bolger-the-1001.jpg

British actor Jordan Bolger (Peaky Blinders, Into the Badlands) will appear in the CW drama’s upcoming fifth season as a self-professed adrenaline junkie named Zeke Shaw, TVLine has learned exclusively.

“Brimming with brains, wit and bravado,” Zeke has a passion for uncovering the secrets of the universe, which led him to join a space mission to a distant solar system. But fate is sending him back to Earth in Season 5, where he’ll find the “charred remains of his old world, tribal warfare, shifting alliances and a brutal fight for humanity’s survival.” (So… he’ll find The 100.)

The 100 Adds Peaky Blinders Actor as Cocky Space Explorer in Season 5

• Love 1

“Brimming with brains, wit and bravado,” Zeke has a passion for uncovering the secrets of the universe, which led him to join a space mission to a distant solar system. But fate is sending him back to Earth in Season 5, where he’ll find the “charred remains of his old world, tribal warfare, shifting alliances and a brutal fight for humanity’s survival.” (So… he’ll find The 100.)

And how would this guy not be 100+ years old ?  Cryosleep ? Long-term Hibernation ?

Or maybe he is 100+ years old and has had some kickass rejuvenation treatments.

Because they would have had to have left over 96 years ago, before the first Primafaya (or however it is spelled).

5 hours ago, Adira said:

Is that Bellamy??  I didn't even recognize him.

Bob Morley's terrible facial hair strikes back! I'm assuming it's for the filming where Bellamy grew an evil goaty while on the orbit because Bob was without one at this year's SDCC.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 2
On 20/8/2017 at 7:00 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

And how would this guy not be 100+ years old ?  Cryosleep ? Long-term Hibernation ?

Or maybe he is 100+ years old and has had some kickass rejuvenation treatments.

Because they would have had to have left over 96 years ago, before the first Primafaya (or however it is spelled).

Time dilation would be my guess. 

What I want to know is if it was an exploratory mission or a colonization one. Because considering just how many space stations they had at the time of the first apocalypse, a colonization mission wouldn't have been beyond their capabilities. 

Edited by AzureOwl
  • Love 2

ivana-milicevic.jpg

For those wondering who is inside the spaceship introduced in The 100‘s Season 4 finale, know that Ivana Milicevic has been cast in the recurring role of Charmaine Diyoza, one of the mysterious criminals aboard said craft.

Described as a “ruthless military strategist who will go head-to-head” with Clarke & Co., Charmaine’s actions will leave an “indelible legacy,” EW.com reports.

Ivana Milicevic Joins 100, Seinfeld Stand-Up Special and More

Charmaine Diyoza? I mean. Really??

1 minute ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

And what exactly has Charmaine been ruthless military strategizing for the past 96+ years ?

"Ruthless military strategizing" on The 100 usually means "we killed bunch of people because we were too stupid to figure out any other solution". So, military strategizing of Edginess (tm).

• Love 2

The-100-Bellamy-2-600x338.png

As Season 5 of The 100 starts production, Bob Morley was able to sit down with us for a quick interview as he also preps for his appearance at the Fan Expo Canada convention held in Toronto this weekend. He spoke about Bellamy’s evolution, his relationships with the cast and other characters, and what we might be able to expect from Bellamy in Season 5. Check out the interview below.

There are some minor spoilers for anyone who hasn’t yet seen Season 4 of The 100.

Ricky Church: Bellamy has gone through quite an evolution since the series began. He started out as a rebellious kid and now he’s a leader. How do you adapt to the changes Bellamy faces in each season?

Bob Morley: I’ve always felt that he was a good guy at heart. Its just the situation that drives him to act in certain ways. It’s funny coming back into Season 5 now and doing it with the six-year time jump. I have to reassess who he was. I viewed it like the flashbacks of Season 1, where he was just an older brother to Octavia, and that was a good reference point for me to gauge where he should be at. I think he’s always tried to protect his sister and sometimes he’s a little bit irrational and driven by his own emotions as opposed to thinking rationally and pragmatic in a way. Its kind of fun to gauge that.

RC: Now this season of The 100 was interesting in that there wasn’t a big bad guy that you guys had to fight against. It was more everyone had to come together against Mother Nature in a way. What did you think of the decision to not have a physical villain in the season?

BM: I really liked how the environment was the big bad and the ticking clock of it all. It gave us the chance to look at more of the emotional base of what each character was going through. The real necessity of survival basically was the whole thing and the ticking clock of Praimfaya coming along. And because there wasn’t a particular person to focus on, or a big bad like Mount Weather or Alie, for me personally, or for Bellamy I guess, we were asking why he fights all these fights or working with Echo. Does he ever get tired of “your guys vs. my men”? It allows Bellamy to get a bit more of a broader perspective on what it is to be living than fighting.

Exclusive interview with The 100’s Bob Morley

When The 100 returns for its fifth season in early 2018 on The CW, the show will enter a new chapter via a six-year time jump which looks to bring with it a world of change. Dynamics will be shifting. New leaders will rise as others will fall. Death will have claimed the lives of a character or two. Oh, and a new threat lurks in the shadows ready to cause chaos! Needless to say, fans are in for a world of change come Season 5 and have quite a lot of questions about what’s to come.

Luckily, Hidden Remote had the chance to catch up with showrunner Jason Rothenberg in a roundtable style interview this July at San Diego Comic-Con where we had the chance to learn more about what’s ahead in Season 5, discuss the use of flashbacks, discover the new threat which will be at the forefront of the show come Season 5 and more!

Q. With this time jump, is it possible that not every character will have survived? 

Jason Rothenberg: Yes, it is possible. I don’t want to tell you who, or if, but six years is a long time. They were only on the ground for 10 months … and a lot of people died while we were on the ground, and certainly they’re not out of harm’s way. Some of them.

Q. Might we get to see how the past six years have unfolded via the use of flashbacks? 

Rothenberg: [Flashbacks are] a pretty big part of the season. There’s a lot of cool stuff that happened during those six years and I don’t wanna just talk about it. Especially the things that were formative, that turned Octavia into the Octavia we will see when the door opens and we go down there for the first time.Things under the ground got really, really… I mean it’s almost redundant for me to say ‘dark’ when we talk about this show, but things got really different when they found out that they were trapped. They could have been out for a year. Same thing in space. And they’re not back yet and there’s a good reason why. And the psychology is very different for somebody that knows there’s a five-year… I’m out in five. I can live through that. But if I’m here forever, I’m gonna behave differently.

Q. Which character’s growth are you most excited to dive into this season?

Rothenberg: I always get excited about the new characters just because as a writer it’s fun to create new characters. We’re gonna meet three really powerful new characters. For me, [though], it’s always about Bellamy, Clarke, Octavia… their changes are pretty extreme this season and it’s been fun to write.

Those three in particular this year, they’re the sort of extreme change-ies. And so it’s been really fun so far this year to see how far I can push that, to see how much we can change a person from what we know of them and still have it feel like that person and not feel out of character.

Q. Can you tell us anything about the major threat the characters will face in Season 5?

Rothenberg: The thing about this season is that the Earth is survivable now. The radiation levels are down and you can breathe the air, but it’s still mostly wasteland except for this sort of Garden of Eden that Clarke has found her way to. The prison ship has come down into it and there will be lots of people aboard that ship who want this garden for themselves. The battle for Eden is an ongoing thread this season.

The 100 showrunner Jason Rothenberg talks season 5 plans

• Love 1

the-100.jpg

The 100 has a new Public Enemy No. 1.

The CW drama has tapped Spanish actor William Miller to join the Season 5 cast in a major — and villainous — recurring role, TVLine has learned exclusively. Per the official character description, Miller’s alter ego, Robert McCreary, “is a mysterious prisoner aboard the long-distance mining mission sent from our time. A former enforcer from a powerful crime syndicate, his ruthless, violent methods make him a formidable antagonist to our heroes.” 

Although primarily known for his overseas TV and film work, Miller was on the verge of breaking out Stateside last year when he landed a starring role in 100 creator Jason Rothenberg’s ill-fated Searchers pilot. As Rothenberg tells TVLine, he and fellow The 100 EP Dean White “fell in love with William [on Searchers] and are thrilled to be working with him again on The 100.”

The 100: Meet Season 5's New Big Bad

The show now has "big bads"? In contrast to everyone else, who is manipulative murdering people? lol ok

• Love 1

46cb20_f87e64d603d84ee29440d63d8aaf30cf~

PRUNE: You’ve been in the industry for almost ten years now, but your breakout role appeared in the form of “Harper” on The 100. Talk to me about this show as a whole.

CHELSEY: Wouldn't it be a thrill to see what this wild earth would look like after we’ve destroyed it? To see how inventive or barbaric we’d have to become in order to survive without infrastructure or laws or any sense of civility?  “The 100” let’s us play within such an exciting nightmare and it’s a rush to watch! The show opens with humanity living in space as they’ve depleted all reserves on earth, but they’ve now also run out of rations on their ship and are yearning to return to their grounded roots; they consider 100 juvenile delinquents to be the disposable guinea pigs and we are sent back down to the toxic planet. It turns out to be more exhilarating but also more dangerous and more deplorable than we could ever hope to survive in. We are greeted with clans of mutated and angry beings and the fight to survive is on. It’s a wickedly stylized, bad ass show that I couldn’t be more excited about!

Prune Juice: Chelsey Reist

“I think what we’re gonna see is the evolution of her really turning into this maternal, kicka** ‘mummy’ type, which is exciting.”

The 100 Season 5 spoilers indicate that Clarke still will not reconnect with her friends when the premiere episode airs. However, for the past few years, she has been taking care of Madi. The two managed to survive Earth, which is a wasteland; every inch of it, except for one small patch of green Earth. That location is called Eden and it will be the focus of a battle in future episodes.

When the prisoner ship arrives on Earth, they will want that piece of land. However, Clarke and Madi consider it theirs. There will be a huge battle over the area. Clarke will not be willing to give it up and will fight to the death for it.

'The 100' season 5 spoilers: Eliza Taylor Teases Clarke Will Be a Kick-Ass Mom to Madi

"There will be a huge battle over the area. Clarke will not be willing to give it up and will fight to the death for it."

ORLY?

On 9/25/2017 at 3:24 AM, CooperTV said:

'The 100' season 5 spoilers: Eliza Taylor Teases Clarke Will Be a Kick-Ass Mom to Madi

"There will be a huge battle over the area. Clarke will not be willing to give it up and will fight to the death for it."

ORLY?

'Army of One' Clarke is going to take on everyone in the prison ship -- yeah, I'm a little skeptical of the "huge" aspect of this so-called battle.

I still find it hard to believe that this one little patch of land was COMPLETELY unaffected by Primfiya 2.0 (or however the hell it is spelled) and is completely free of radiation after only 5 years.  And just how old was Madi when Clarke found her ?  And where is Madi's mother ?  Is Madi going to be yet another fast-growing child who is wise beyond her years despite no actual education but will somehow know pop culture references from a 100 years ago ?

1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I still find it hard to believe that this one little patch of land was COMPLETELY unaffected by Primfiya 2.0 (or however the hell it is spelled) and is completely free of radiation after only 5 years.

The writers of The 100 are, as per usual, more interested in "stakes" and "hard decisions" then any form of believable world-building.

1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

And just how old was Madi when Clarke found her ?  And where is Madi's mother ?

I think she was supposed to 6-years-old. I'm assuming parents of all those Nightbloods that Clarke found six years ago are dead because they were not Nightbloods themselves (because the Nightblood gene is recessive??)? IDK.

• Love 1

Christopher-Larkin-Monty-BTS-S2.png?w=60

You’re going into your fifth season of The 100, looking back on it, did you ever think it was going to be what it is today?

Honestly, I can’t believe we are filming the fifth season. Since we are a midseason show and we have always been on the CW bubble meaning we are never quite sure if we’re going to have another season from year to year. I think every time we get picked up it’s a huge surprise. And as the years go on and the fandom gets bigger it just blows our minds even more. It feels like we just started filming yesterday. It fluctuates for me between feeling like a fresh experience and not.

What can we look forward to for Monty going into season 5? 

He has different hair. It’s been six years, there are a lot of new hairdos. Monty has finally lost his Justin Beiber cut circa 2009. As far as everything else it’s kept under wraps.

Monty has gone through tough emotion in his time on the ground. What is it like as an actor to play these emotions and will it affect him going into season 5?

Those are the scariest days for me on set. My stomach always turns when I read scenes like, “you’re going to kill your mother and then kill her again” or “Jasper is going die in your arms.” I am always slightly terrified. You have to be so mentally and emotionally present and there’s always the fear that you would be able to get there. It requires you to go to some pretty dark places but you welcome those challenges. If you would have told me in season one that Monty was going to go through all these things in the past could seasons I wouldn’t have believed you and would have been terrified I couldn’t pull it off. Those little challenges help you grow and evolve. Of course, these past events are going to affect Monty. Especially now that they have had six years of peace and prosperity back in space. We just started filming so I’m uncovering things as we go so I’m curious to see if he has been able to bury it and put it in the past or if it has haunted him in isolation, for the past six years.

The 100’s Christopher Larkin on Season Five and a Look Back