Type keyword(s) to search

The Grounder Gazette: the 100 in the Media

In2You

The trailer is kinda weird, since I think they don't want to spoil the entire thing. They basically made million and one scene of Octagon Blake being teenage mutant ninja assassin, and also there's two Grounders awkwardly fighting on the street of some village. Eh?..

Maybe I'm still mad about last season, but wow - that trailer did absolutely nothing for me. It's just the same old stuff: Raven in pain, Octavia killing stuff, Jaha/Abbey pontificating, Monty/Jasper/Murphy ragging constantly on Clarke for having the audacity to save everyone else's ungrateful asses, primal yelling, Grounder sword fights, Bellarke ship-baiting without any concrete follow-through (since I doubt Rothenburg & co will go within a thousand feet of making it canon post-Lexa controversy)...

Honestly, I think the post-apocalyptic dystopian craze has reached the end of its life expectancy. It's fun to watch terrible stuff when you feel confident in the future - after this incredibly shitty year, people will want more upbeat escapism. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Ravenya003 said:

Bellarke ship-baiting without any concrete follow-through (since I doubt Rothenburg & co will go within a thousand feet of making it canon post-Lexa controversy)...

Showrunner Jason Rothenberg teased that Clarke will find her way to love again following Lexa’s downfall. Rothenberg said that she “will be with somebody eventually. I’m not gonna say who, I’m not gonna say when, I’m not gonna say whether it’s a guy or a girl — but, you know, she’s bi, and that really means it can be anybody.”

‘The 100’ Season 4 Spoilers: Major Characters In A Survival Limbo; Showrunner Hints Clarke’s New Love Interest

There was also that thing with Clarke falling in love with someone she already knows. So. We can assume it's Jaha or Raven. But probably not.

Edited by CooperTV
15 hours ago, Ravenya003 said:

Maybe I'm still mad about last season, but wow - that trailer did absolutely nothing for me. It's just the same old stuff:

This.  Saw a RT of the trailer on my Twitter timeline today and didn't even make it through the whole thing. I'm not even mad anymore, I was just... honestly surprised by how emotionally unaffected I felt while watching it. It does seem like a complete repetition of stories they've told half a dozen times before on every single front. I admit, I did laugh out loud (well, more like snort, really) when they had Bellamy of all people say something about not wanting to sacrifice innocents, though.

It’s been 84 years, but The 100 season 4 trailer is finally here! Let’s break down the most important moments.

In The 100 season 4, the surviving Sky People and Grounders will be facing an unbeatable foe: Earth itself, which is rapidly becoming a nuclear wasteland. The just-released trailer also teases enemies in unexpected places, as both Octavia and Roan (newcomer Zach McGowan) appear to turn against the group for their own gain.

If anyone was hoping for a lighter season 4 after last year’s bloodbath, they will be sorely disappointed, as The 100 continues its trajectory down Dante’s Nine Circles of Hell with what promises to be the most merciless chapter yet.

Am I pumped? You bet I am. The CW is straight-up throwing the challenge flag to HBO and AMC, and I think that’s awesome.

‘The 100’ season 4 trailer analysis, questions and answers

‘The 100’ Season 4 Spoilers: Major Characters In A Survival Limbo; Showrunner Hints Clarke’s New Love Interest

There was also that thing with Clarke falling in love with someone she already knows. So. We can assume it's Jaha or Raven. But probably not.

To be honest, I actually think Raven/Clarke IS a more likely option at this point than Clarke/Bellamy. The foundation is laid, Raven was confirmed bi a while back (I'm sure I read that somewhere), and it shuts up both sides of the shipping war: Clexas can't accuse Rothenburg of homophobia, and Bellarkes can't accuse him of racism. 

2 hours ago, Ravenya003 said:

The foundation is laid, Raven was confirmed bi a while back (I'm sure I read that somewhere)

That never happened.

And Clexa shippers can't accuse Jason Rothenberg of homophobia for the only reason: because Clarke Griffin is a bisexual female lead of the show. On the other hand, Clexa shippers could be easily called biphobic because they consider a bisexual woman dating man to be homophobic.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 1

“Octavia’s story in Season 4 is amazing,” executive producer Jason Rothenberg tells TVLine. “She’s got quite a journey ahead of her, and it gets darker before it gets lighter. She’s taking a detour into assassin land. She’ll do whatever she feels she needs to do to hide the pain from the loss of Lincoln.”

In addition to hiding her pain, Bellamy’s sister will also attempt to forge a new identity for herself.

“Who is she?” Rothenberg asks. “She’s not Skaikru. She’s not Trikru. Who is she now that Lincoln is gone, and that her brother — in her mind — is responsible for so many difficult choices? They have some work to do on their relationship. It’s too bad there aren’t any family therapists in this future.”

Though there’s hope for the siblings to mend broken fences, Rothenberg acknowledges that any sort of healing is going to take a while.

“Part of Bellamy’s journey is realizing that Octavia is her own person and that he needs to let her figure things out for herself,” he explains. “He feels incredibly protective of her. His identity, in my ways, is wrapped up in her existence. He feels like her parent, and like all parents, he needs to realize that you have to let your children fly on their own at some point.”

The 100 Boss Previews Octavia's Identity Crisis in Season 4: 'Who Is She Now That Lincoln's Gone?'

On 29/12/2016 at 11:13 AM, CooperTV said:

That never happened.

And Clexa shippers can't accuse Jason Rothenberg of homophobia for the only reason: because Clarke Griffin is a bisexual female lead of the show. On the other hand, Clexa shippers could be easily called biphobic because they consider a bisexual woman dating man to be homophobic.

What an absolute load of ignorant bullshit.

Like the Clexa fandom doesn't have the highest amount of female bisexuals out of any ship on the show by an enormous margin.

Again and again, bisexuals and other members of LGBTQ community have tried to explain this to the painfully straight ignorant folks in the bellarke fandom. It is a recurring and damaging stereotype regarding bisexual woman that they always go back to men after a short stop in Girls Town. It is basically Part II, of the BYG trope. Lesbian dies as sign of F/F = bad, bisexual woman goes back to dudes, lives and is happy, and thus Male/Female relationship is shown as the right relationship that leads to happiness. This is how the full trope has been told for the past 60 years.

This is fact. Now I know the bellarke fandom tried to re-write media history, by making a list of around 15 shows, where they tried to cherry pick the few shows where the bisexual female didn't end up with a man, in order to "debunk" bisexuals and lesbians as wrong. Even went as far as including lesbians and listing them as bisexuals in order to slant the results. Now, no matter how much it annoys you and the bellarke fandom, it is a problem in media that female bisexuals are often shown as ending up with men and/or their last partner(s) were men when the show ends. To say that isn't bi-phobic lmao. Only ignorant idiots would think that or well homophobic ones seeking to silence wlw for their own personal comfort.

Now that isn't new problem that when members of minority group X expressed concern over matter Y relating to a member of their minority group, that straight white folks pop up and accuse them of being the very things they are voicing concern about. Doesn't make it any less disgusting.

Ugh.

For the trailer it sort of basically went as I expected, and not as I hoped. I was thinking Clarke and Bellamy would try to unite the Grounders to work with them (with the inclusion of the latter being utterly ridiculous). I reckon the Grounders will be sceptical over their claims, and it is not a good look on this show that it will be the "more civilized" colonizing force trying to lead/save the ignorant natives. Particularly considering the death count with regard to the Grounders at the hands of The Arkers is like 9 times larger? Add in the complete mess of their belief system/culture after the Arkers coming as a consequence of one of them bringing ALIE into their mist.

For the good stuff, I hope they will utilize Raven more, in an non-suffering capacity and also Murphy as someone bringing a completely different perspective and way of doing things. I enjoyed Roan so good to see him back, but Luna was such a dud so don't give a damn about her.

I been keeping a bit tabs on Adina's shooting, and I really really hope the writers will finally utilize her abilities. Indra could definitely play well of Roan if they get any meaty scenes. Adina is hands down the strongest actor of the entire cast, but there hasn't at any point been any proper material for her to act from.

I held out a small hope that the writers would actually deal with Bellamy's action in S3. But it seems like Bellamy wanting to go kill sleeping kids and old people is ignored, likewise him putting sick people in prison and stopping them from escaping, or the murdering of a man who was just operating an elevator. Like that casual way he killed or attempted to kill innocent people is not something that should be hand waved. The show should address it properly. Get into how in those kind of situations and high stress, the creation of 'them' as less and therefore easier to kill is something that happens, and show some damn consequences. But no. Bellamy is the reformed Bad Boy that suffered greatly from Man Pain, and therefore standard misogynistic story telling dictates he gets (another) pass. Particularly if he squeezes a tear or makes some sad eyes.

I can't believe how badly they screwed his character up.

And it seems the fall out on Clarke's character will continue. Clarke back in S1 used to be the one calling him out, but her character got thrown underneath the bus and made into a passive little woman for Bellamy to whine at in S3, and now in S4 it will apparently be ignored. I used to love Clarke and Bellamy's interaction, but S3 screwed that up, and the writers just hand waving so many huge issues will only make their sense less believable and more annoying considering the lessening of Clarke to facilitate it.

With Octavia assassin story line I am a bit confused. I understand that The Arkers were never her people. They made her live under the floor for 16 years and then placed her in prison for existing. The actions in S3 further alienating her, but joining that Clan? Also becoming an assassin just seems a bit too much like the writers trying to be cool, instead of thinking what makes sense character-wise. Sure I could see Octavia joining a Grounder Clan as a fighter, but an assassin? No. Assassins don't only target "bad people", they also kill people that are an inconvenience for the person in charge. Octavia actively fought back against Pike's and Bellamy's killing of innocents but now she will be doing the same. Just under the guise of it being "orders and her feeling lost".

I think this trailer just managed to annoy me, because it reminded me of this show that has character on that I like/liked, but won't fix the issues that plagues it.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Gabe Torres said:

Again and again, bisexuals and other members of LGBTQ community have tried to explain this to the painfully straight ignorant folks in the bellarke fandom.  t is a recurring and damaging stereotype regarding bisexual woman that they always go back to men after a short stop in Girls Town. It is basically Part II, of the BYG trope.

Well, I happened to be in The 100 fandom between season 3 and now, and amount of toxic Clexa shippers that say that Clarke's bisexuality is only counted as valid if she dates women is, in fact, really biphobic. Or the fact that apparently Clarke should die to be with her true love Lexa because that what happens with 18-years-old bisexual girls when they lose someone they love.

Clarke Griffin is not lesbian. She's bisexual. She can love and date as many men and women as she likes. Bury Your Gays trope has absolutely nothing to do with anyone's bisexuality. Bisexuals are not lesbian/male gay representation. They're bisexual representation. It's not hurtful or homophobic for them to fall in love with men.

• Love 2

No one is arguing that it's harmful for bisexual characters to fall in love with men. I honestly don't know where you're even trying to pull that from.

It should be possible, however, to discuss how popular media representation deals with bisexuality and lasting happiness. I can't claim to be an expert on that front in terms of numbers, but I understand where the concern comes from that m/m or f/f relationships are still, ultimately, more likely to be treated as a short term detour or a stepping stone towards the bisexual character then finding their "endgame" or long-term happiness with a partner of the opposite sex.

As long as viewers still have to worry about gender-coded happy endings or higher mortality rates among queer characters and dynamics, we still have to worry about the harmful messages put forth by such skewed or imbalanced forms of representation. It seems rather obvious and simple to me and I'd honestly like to know how exactly that's supposed to be a form of biphobia.

And if Rothenberg and his staff writers want to cash in on and draw attention to the fact that they have a bisexual protagonist, they simply need to start paying attention to the nuances and the messages they send out on that level as well. Instead of treating Clarke's sexuality as a carte blanche to just do whatever the hell they want without giving it much thought beyond their own levels of experience, consequences and cultural/social context be damned. Their show doesn't exist in a vacuum, after all, no matter how much they still seem to assume that's the case.

• Love 3

Sexuality is irrelevant in the world of The 100. The creators and cast have said that multiple times. In that way, their dystopia is idealized. Because it's not irrelevant in our world, however, the audience, many of whom see themselves reflected in the characters, puts its own fears/resentments/anger/etc. onto the show and wants it to take a side to validate the audience's needs. 

I hope the show doesn't do that. I hope that we see Clarke have relationships, both romantic and plutonic, with all kinds of people. (So far, that is what we've seen.) If she hooks up with Bellamy, yes, I'll be disappointed. Not because she's a bisexual woman falling for a man, but because I like the depth of their plutonic friendship. How about we wait and see, though, if the show actually throws Clarke's feelings for Lexa out the window and has her jump into something with Bellamy before we slam the creators for it?

Edited by madam magpie
On 2/1/2017 at 9:05 AM, CooperTV said:

Well, I happened to be in The 100 fandom between season 3 and now, and amount of toxic Clexa shippers that say that Clarke's bisexuality is only counted as valid if she dates women is, in fact, really biphobic. Or the fact that apparently Clarke should die to be with her true love Lexa because that what happens with 18-years-old bisexual girls when they lose someone they love.

Clarke Griffin is not lesbian. She's bisexual. She can love and date as many men and women as she likes. Bury Your Gays trope has absolutely nothing to do with anyone's bisexuality. Bisexuals are not lesbian/male gay representation. They're bisexual representation. It's not hurtful or homophobic for them to fall in love with men.

First off, I have already replied today to one of your posts describing parts of fandom, which was your typical run of the mill vilification of a rival fandom. I remember how your fandom sent Lindsey racists tweets because Bellamy and Raven slept together, and do stuff like tweeting pictures of Eliza with photoshopped cum on face with the text bellarke s4 on it. There is no angel fandom but I'm not really here for any attempts to vilify lesbians and bisexuals speaking from a point of experience and sharing their fears. Lastly I'm not new to the fuckery of straight people trying to silence us because you don't like what we are saying by throwing around your standard 'ship wars buzz words'.

I also been part of fandom and the Clarke bisexuality discussion, and I know you are misrepresenting things. After Lexa's death, many people were joking that the only way "to be free" was if Clarke died, because they love Clarke's character and relate to her a lot. So they still feel compelled to watch for her but also very concerned over how the show would treat her and her bisexuality moving forward. It is a shitty situation that there is a character you relate to deeply but feel near certain that seeing more of that character, will only result in more mistreatment of said character. This is my currently dilemma as well alongside other factors.

Even before Lexa's death there was discontent over how Clarke was treated, with how Bellamy had a lot more screen time than Clarke, and Bellamy's hissy fit that turned Clarke into this passive little girl that doesn't call out his bullshit (which used to be part of their balancing factor but that is gone). It only got worse when Clarke never got to stand up for herself, and continued to be stuck being Bellamy's cheerleader at the expense of her own character. So what happened it started up a in fandom meme (are you the ever suffering bisexual to? Tag yourself)/joke with people going Free Clarke/Eliza 2K16.

And Cooper, if you have been a part of fandom as you describe, you know the same has been said and done for other characters, particularly Raven. I would argue it has been even said more about Raven than any other character. Even the bellarke fandom after 3x05 also started with some of the Free Bob/Bellamy talk, and some planned to trend about the shitty turn of Bellamy's character. But then the Clexa sex scene leaked and that suggestion got run over with people wanting to trend to cancel the show cause Clexa was shown together having sex.

And I am saying as someone that is bisexual; your posts are definitely inside the ignorant area that you have been called out on.

GT is correct when relating BYG to treatment of female bisexuality in TV. They even flat out described in clear steps how it usually goes hand in hand, but you chose to ignore that. So I'll repeat. When the BYG trope happens, there is the following typical pattern that bi woman ends up with man. It is also an overall pattern that we are shown to end up with men, and most of the meaningful relationships that get air time tends to be with the male partner(s).

Another thing very often with any female same sex relationship is it will be between a lesbian character and a bisexual, so when drama happens, the female bisexual character other relationships definitely tends to be male. Shows do tend to have some sort of gay quota in the sense it limits how many lgbt characters it will introduce. This also means the viable dating options for a female bisexual character skewers heavily towards male characters, and add in the heavy tendency towards the killing for the lesbian character. What you end up with is a lot of very male leaning bisexual characters. That is why some of us find Sara Lance refreshing, as she seems to be (the only) female leaning bisexual character I have seen on US TV (there is however a small matter that they might be actually making her gay which afklafjlaskfjklafjkla biphobic shit. But for now stuff can be interpreted as female leaning and ill take it.)

On 2/1/2017 at 6:59 PM, madam magpie said:

Sexuality is irrelevant in the world of The 100. The creators and cast have said that multiple times. In that way, their dystopia is idealized. Because it's not irrelevant in our world, however, the audience, many of whom see themselves reflected in the characters, puts its own fears/resentments/anger/etc. onto the show and wants it to take a side to validate the audience's needs. 

How about we wait and see, though, if the show actually throws Clarke's feelings for Lexa out the window and has her jump into something with Bellamy before we slam the creators for it?

I'm a bit of the opinion these days that the writers saying race/sexuality/gender is irrelevant is partly their way of excusing writing that for example does dip into being racist. They say this when people point out things in their writing, and I think it is also a clutch for them to not have to bother education themselves about matters of race or sexuality. While it can be refreshing, it does have it's downsides as it seems the writers think it makes them immune to criticism along the lines of matters of race or sexuality.

-

For the record, no one is saying Clarke can't have a relationship with a man. What people have done, is pointing out that going that way will (inadvertently) play into another negative trope, this time one rooted in biphobia. Acknowledging that is not something anyone loses anything over. Likewise acknowledging this show has a thing for killing off their female Asian characters (we are 5 out 5 atm) and what that entails isn't bad either.

With that spoiler about someone she knows? I never saw source with actual proper quote from people from the show. Just rephrasing and presenting speculation as fact. Not saying it won't happen. Just never saw a real source on it. 

Spoiler

Then there is also the heavy rumors about Clarke and the gorgeous Chai Romruen

Another was a casting call for woman that must be comfortable with GOG scences

If those are true I am guessing they will have Clarke do another one night stand with a woman, and then during the season get closer to Romruen's character, with maybe something happening at the end of the season.

Edited by Riful
  • Love 1

Dial it back people.  If you cannot agree to disagree in a civil manner, there's a cool feature called the "ignore" button so you will not see a person's posts.  

Then there's one of my grandmother's sayings:  "If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all." 

If this sniping continues, I'm going to get cranky.  And, like the Hulk, you won't like me when I'm cranky.

• Love 1

THE 100

“The world is the obstacle” in Season 4, reveals executive producer Jason Rothenberg. “Mother Nature is finally striking back in the form of this nuclear death wave.” And as our heroes’ battle against nature goes south, they’ll ask themselves, “How do you handle a death sentence? It creates very different reactions in people.” And speaking of reactions, Clarke’s people will initially “resent” her for killing ALIE and destroying their “weird form of paradise.” (After all, “they’re now back in this post- apocalyptic hell, only to find out that in six months, they’re all going to die.”) Elsewhere, Octavia will go on a killing spree in an attempt to find her new post-Lincoln identity; Bellamy will realize that the choices he’s made “weren’t necessarily the right ones”; and there will be romances, “some we’ve already begun and and some new ones. Some will end happily, and others won’t.”

Winter TV Preview: Returning Favorites

• Love 1

000245453.jpg?crop=0px,124px,2400px,1599

It’s the end of the world as they know it…again.

Clarke (Eliza Taylor) may have defeated the murderous artificial intelligence A.L.I.E. (Erica Cerra), but she’ll have a much tougher time facing the villain of season 4: Earth’s second, impending doomsday, one caused by power plants melting down around the world. The news naturally sends everyone into a tailspin.

“If you can’t stop the end of the world, how can you find hope?” showrunner Jason Rothenberg says. “Some people will cling to their loved ones, some people will fight to their last breath, and some people are just done fighting.”

Others will try to find someone to blame. Not only will Clarke clash with City of Light followers who preferred brainwashing to dying of radiation, she’ll also encounter Grounders like Ilian (new recurring cast member Chai Romruen, below), who faults the Sky People for bringing down the latest wave of technology and destruction in the first place.

The 100 first look: Clarke, Bellamy, new Grounder prepare for the apocalypse

Post-apocalyptic drama The 100 is known for many things: breakneck plotting with a high death toll, a vocal fan base, prominence in the world of Tumblr fandom. But looking past its most buzzed-about qualities, Season 4 will stand apart from the rest of television for another reason: the show’s willingness to grapple with the most important crisis of our time.

Although the show exists in a heightened reality, it’s a reflection of the single most important crisis that society faces in 2017. A lack of drinkable water? Look at Flint, Michigan. Weird and dangerous weather events like toxic rain? Look at the melting ice caps, the air in China, the dying bees, the increase of hurricanes.

Clarke and Monty in Season 4

And yet, as the concept of facts and science have become politicized in our world, human squabbling is interfering with efforts to combat this crisis — just as it is on the show. President-elect Donald Trump has nominated a climate change denier who has accepted donations from the oil industry to head the Environmental Protection Agency. Further, he recently tweeted in favor of nuclear weapons and scorned briefings from intelligence agencies — just as The 100’s Pike favors the use of force and ignores Abby and Kane’s insights from their peaceful relations with Grounders.

'The 100' Season 4 Will Prepare Us for Environmental Disaster

The 100 being praised for tackling science related issues? The show where bone marrow transplants make people magically resistant to radiation?  Good one.

Elsewhere, Octavia will go on a killing spree in an attempt to find her new post-Lincoln identity;

Is mass murder a trendy hobby for these people? First Clarke, then Bellamy, now apparently Octavia. Exactly how desperate for the show to be seen as darker and edgier are the writers?

Bellamy will realize that the choices he’s made “weren’t necessarily the right ones”

Sure he will.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

Sure he will.

I bet Kane and Abby are going to be mass murderers this season. I mean, in case of Kane he already is one but the show likes to pretend season 1 never happened.

Mild spoilers of the first three episodes under the link!

Well, I think it’s safe to say that this is the season when everyone will be tested. The world is coming to an end, and this knowledge will scrape every character down to the essence of her or his being. If you want to get an idea of what is to come, ask yourself what each character would do with the knowledge that, as ALIE warns, “death is inevitable.” Would they give up? Would they keep fighting? Would they make selfish choices, or continue trying to save everyone until the very end? At what point would they break? When would you break, if put in any of these characters’ shoes?

Previewing ‘The 100’ season 4: What to expect when you’re expecting an apocalypse

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 1

The unity con this weekend had a lot of the cast members in attendance. Some questions answered gave a bit of an idea of what to expect for S4

Sadly despite having low ticket sales, the con was very strict with allowing any audience members to stream any panels and so on, which has resulted in some people writing different answers to the same question or with some variation which changes the meaning. Tried to filter for what sources seemed most credible and which were less likely to post what they wanted to hear/lie for fandom reasons. So aimed for proper websites or fan sources of the chill variety, and not the cray cray blogs/extreme fans that go nuts on actresses/characters and display bigotry and hate (so no hypable and their ilk). Also periscopes when possible

From Eliza’s panel:

When asked about this S4 finale in comparison to the others

Eliza said

Spoiler

"last year on crack. We are doing so much. Can’t really say so much about it as it would ruin…" (2 other tweets says she mentioned a twist so that is probably what the cut of sentence builds towards)

Source  periscope

Spoiler

Eliza has a lot of crazy stunts for season 4, Clarke is trying to delegate and keep everyone together

. via @TalkNerdyWithUs

Spoiler

Eliza says that there will be a lot more of Eliza and Abby in season 4

. via @TalkNerdyWithUs

Spoiler

"Clarke is more of a politician this season. She's trying to delegate and keep people together."

via theprpress

Spoiler

Eliza expressed that she was excited that in s4 she gets to play emotional and political beats

(As a Clarke fan I do love seeing her trying to manipulate the pieces towards her goal. Manipulation in general is not a flattering trait. I feel it adds a “not as white/goodie two shoes” layer to Clarke that it is one of her go to tools for trying to make things go towards the goal she considers to be the best for the people she cares for)

When asked if her grieving (of Lexa)will be destructive or constructive;

Eliza said that Clarke will be going through constructive mourning rather than destructive Via StarryMag

Spoiler

We get to see more about Clarke’s response to Kane and Abby

–  found at periscope

Raven and Clarke will connect in a way that's surprising. Via TalkNerdyWithUs

(Fuck yes! Female friendships were near non-existent last season. Even though it made 100% sense for Raven, Clarke and Octavia to bond over their losses and experiences, but there was more focus M/M and M/F friendship scenes. Now they say in a surprising way, but honestly I don’t think it will be that surprising unless it is Princess Mechanic)

“The 100 is a war against nature” - via starrymag

Spoiler

Any Clarke and Kane leadership adventures in season 4? "Absolutely!"

– talknerdywithus

tumblr_ojsul5sefr1sl3azdo1_540.jpg

About season 4: We will see Clarke individually, outside of any relationships.  "She’s an independent woman.“ - via talknerdywithus

(This question was one of contention cause different versions wrt answer)

Someone asked if she’ll get new relationships and someone coughed Bellamy’s name Eliza said “that’s yet to be seen” and mumbled something about that she’s gotta stop killing people/she’s cursed

http://elizataylorsource.tumblr.com/post/155926690405/eliza-taylor-unity-day-highlights-pt-2

(Another quote that went a bit crazy on SM, cause a lot just quoted the first part of Eliza’s answers, others also presented it as she was asked directly about Bellamy instead of answering the general question.)

There will be a return to the co-leadership of Bellamy and Clarke (via talknerdywithus

On a personal note, Eliza also talked about the body positivity she has worked to spread and the industry pressure to lose weight. I wanna give her props cuz even within the 100 fandom, she gets fat shamed by certain folks constantly (called a whale, fatty, a cow and the like) for not shipping a certain ship as romantic. And the hate she has gotten for that after S3 has been immense and absolutely batshit. Despite of all that, she still keeps on trying. With many shows there are often rumors about someone or more wanting to leave, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of the actors and actresses want to get off this show, with strong reasons being the actual fandom is terrible and has been right from the start.

Lindsey was supposed to have a panel with Eliza but got delayed cause of filming so no Lindsey/Eliza panel. I tried to find some quotes from M&G but her tag and related tweets were flooded because apparently she said bellarke is boring, so got a hate wave sent her way and she decided to take a twitter break as a consequence of that. Which brings me to that if u have twitter (and so inclined) please report these two:  Bellarke1100 and bellclarey1 (examples of their grossness towards Lindsey here and here and here and here and here
So far fandom got some of the hate removed from other twitter accounts by reporting or tweeting them, but these two accounts/nastiness are still around.

From Bob

“Somebody asked who Bellamy would take a chip for—he said Octavia was the only one, and then amended it to include Clarke. He said with Clarke it wasn’t necessarily a romantic thing, Bellamy just thinks the world needs Clarke more than they need him, so he would sacrifice himself for the sake of their people. “It’s not a romantic thing, it’s pragmatic.” Bellamy also thinks Clarke is a better leader.”

Said that s3 was initially supposed to be 13 eps and they found out partially through filming that it was 16, so lots needed to be rewritten

(Not S4 info, but I felt like this explains some of the mess that was S3. This was previously heavy spec, but definitely confirmed. Like Clarke left with the flame in episode 9(?) to only return the exact same place a few episodes later, where nothing was achieved besides getting Raven out of ALIE’s clutches. The Luna episode was pointless as she decided to (again) not to help her people and just hide despite it meaning the enslavement of most of the Grounders, the Demons episode with Emerson undid some character notes for Clarke and was just shitty, and the Pike episode was a waste as well)

Said pacing for s4 is good because they were told they have 13 eps and still have 13 eps

(The source for most of Bob is a bit iffy, as they also tweeted out proven fake stuff, but these parts were verified by others account)

Said he felt Bellamy was xenophobic which he doesn't like about the character—he doesn't really like or accept the grounders

(I hope this can end with this nonsense in his fandom that bellamy was just sad/in pain and not xenophobic. Bob's mom is from the Philippines  – a country that suffered over 250 years of colonialism. It makes sense that Bob wasn’t thrilled with bellamy going all let’s kill the civilian natives for their land!!!1)

Sachin Sahel (Jackson)

Jackson took the chip at the beginning of 3.06—he thinks that while Jackson was running tests on it and determined it was safe, he realized that everything sucks and he might as well try it. Which is why he is so adamant about it with Abby, because he knows she's upset too

From the Delinquents panel

There's more of a mutual respect between the grown ups and the youngins. Via starrymag

---

Bonus: Bob looking cute with Tasya (Echo whom there been some unconfirmed spoilers that he will interact a fair share with)

tumblr_ojsla5ggPO1ukieleo2_250.jpg

source

pic of the (best) healthy and underrated ship involving Bellamy (assuming S2 bellamy, cuz S3 bellamy can choke on a rock)

tumblr_ojt55jzDHk1uert7uo1_1280.jpg

(they look just cute as hell)

Lindsey and Eliza doing some gesture that is probably pop culture related but im to old to get
tumblr_ojttw39zh01ukmx9uo2_400.jpg

And fan account of Lindsey at one of the panels (same fan also met with Eliza and Christopher)

http://thedrdonut.tumblr.com/post/155929035287/lindsey-morgan-deserves-all-of-the-love-in-the

Which wow. Lindsey has talked before about some of the issues with wearing the brace, but this is definitely some more

Edited by Gabe Torres
link fixing and adding some spoiler bars just in case

As a friendly reminder, this is the media thread, so if you wish to post spoilers, or if you think it is spoilery, please tag them.  Otherwise, there's a Spoiler thread you can post without adding spoiler bars!

TARA MARTINEZ: The 100 is a kind of fandom show and people are really looking forward to this coming season. How would you describe your character’s journey leading up to season four?

TASYA TELES: Well, my character Echo started in an interesting space in that she and Bellamy had a great moment together where they escaped Mount Weather. In season two, what was interesting that didn’t end up playing was that she left Mount Weather surprised that she was released and curious and suspicious as to why because the way the story was written, Bellamy was supposed to come back to the prison or the cages and then her and Bellamy were supposed to create an army from the inside and escape. But while that was happening, Clarke and Lexa had other plans and other alliances and deals going on outside Mount Weather, so we don’t see Echo again really until this season. And we see her a bit in season three when she betrays Bellamy, but we don’t really understand why, so this season kind of answers all of the mystery behind Echo’s character and what goes on. And she gets challenged a lot, so she doesn’t have an easy journey in season four, but it definitely speaks to everything that they laid out in the previous two seasons. 

TM: You’ve been with this character for a little while, for a couple of seasons. Having explored her arc in season four, how do you think she’s changed or grown since she first appeared?

TT: Well, she has always been a loyalist to her clan which is the Ice Nation clan. She’s a royal guard, we learn that she’s a royal guard and she’s a spy for the Ice Nation queen who died last season. So, in this season you see her working with the king—King Roan—and Echo is just totally and completely loyal to Ice Nation. And what comes to be an issue is in this world of constant negotiation and need for people to work together, her ideas of loyalty and leadership don’t often fit with what is going on with the rest of the crew or the rest of the other clan. So, she has a really big learning curve ahead of her. She needs to learn how to work with others and she has to learn how to—when it’s best to be loyal to your people and when to make some trade-offs and negotiate. That’s kind of her journey is bumping along those decision-making processes.

Exclusive Interview with Tasya Teles: ‘The 100’ Star Teases Season Four

The-100-season-4-2.jpg

Could you tell me which characters’ storylines you’re most looking forward to seeing fans react to in season 4? And is there anyone whose arc might be particularly surprising?

In terms of surprises, I think Octavia’s journey this season is awesome — I mean, her journey’s been awesome since day one — but this season, in particular, it’s really great. Echo is a character that has been surprising to me personally, and Roan is another one.

Clarke, as always, is the center of it all, her journey this season and Eliza [Taylor]’s performance is stunning. And Bellamy… (laughs) I really don’t have favorites, it’s really hard for me, because I love them. I love them all so much. Even the ones that are dead! To me, death is not the end of a character. It’s not like, ‘Oh my god, I’m killing them because I hate them.’ To me, death is part of the fabric of the show.

Leading off of that, it’s no secret that season 3 was a rough year for the show and for you as showrunner. Could you tell me a bit about how that, as a learning experience, has impacted your approach to season 4 and the choices you’ve made?

The thing I will say, as far as what I learned from last season, is just that the way I see things and the way I see the show isn’t always the way that the fans see the show. I look at a character or relationship ending tragically as a good thing dramatically. To me, the greatest love stories of all time are tragedies. But not everybody looks at it that way. Other people want happy endings. But this is not a show for happy endings-people. It’s not a happy endings-show. So that’s something I learned for sure.

But, you know, the show inspires passion, and it’s really been an honor and a pleasure to be involved with something that people get so emotional about. And sometimes that emotion is hard, sometimes that emotion is negative towards me personally, but I can handle it. I think it’s exciting to be a part of something like that.

‘The 100’ showrunner teases ‘dark, relentless, but surprisingly hopeful’ season 4

the-100-season-4.jpg

The concepts explored on The 100 have always been eerily relatable — from our slave-like reliance on technology to the damage we’ve inflicted on our environment — but the show’s fourth season, premiering Wednesday (9/8c), will likely leave viewers even more paranoid as they watch Clarke & Co. grapple with the possibility of their own extinction. (Did I mention they only have six months before everything goes boom?)

“The truth is, you never really know how much real world stuff filters through in the subconscious when you develop story, especially in the room with 12 other people that are all living in the real world,” showrunner Jason Rothenberg admits to TVLine. “But we wrote these first episodes over the summer, so I’d say that any similarity to events or people or events real or otherwise is purely coincidental.”

The 100 Boss Weighs In on Season 4's Unsettling Real-World Parallels

tumblr_okk5dmzDse1qdpy0go8_400.jpgtumblr_okk5dmzDse1qdpy0go7_400.jpg

tumblr_okk5dmzDse1qdpy0go6_250.jpgtumblr_okk5dmzDse1qdpy0go5_250.jpg

tumblr_okk5dmzDse1qdpy0go4_250.jpgtumblr_okk5dmzDse1qdpy0go3_250.jpg

tumblr_okk5dmzDse1qdpy0go2_250.jpgtumblr_okk5dmzDse1qdpy0go1_250.jpg

tumblr_oklx3i16NG1qzg035o1_1280.jpg

Gather your loved ones close… There’s no turning back now.

Interview with Lindsey Morgan about season 4

Zach McGowan Talks “The 100” Season Four

The 100: Everything you need to know about season 4

tumblr_okm6xqNnnL1ueceyro1_250.gif   tumblr_okm6xqNnnL1ueceyro3_250.gif

tumblr_okm6xqNnnL1ueceyro4_250.gif   tumblr_okm6xqNnnL1ueceyro2_250.gif

Raisin Reyes, a new and improved character of The 100!

Stars of “The 100” [Lindsey Morgan and Zach McGowan, our perfect Ice Mechanic] talk about what’s in store for their characters

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 1

The Season 3 finale very clearly sets up what Season 4 was going to be about, is that how Season 4 is going to end?
Yeah. If you think about it, that’s how every season has ended. Season 1 was finale found Clarke in the white room in Mount Weather. Season 2 became about Mount Weather. Season 2 ended with Jaha (Isiah Washington) finding ALIE, and Season 3 became about ALIE. At the end of Season 3 ALIE told Clarke the end of the world was coming in the form of this death wave, and Season 4 ends up becoming about that death wave. So yes, Season 4 ends in a way that keys up Season 5, in a story that is pretty cool, that I feel very confident we will get to tell.

We’re four seasons in, it sounds like we’ll go at least five, do you have an endgame in sight yet?
It’s funny, I used to have an endgame in sight. But the story has evolved in amazing ways that I would have never anticipated. I still have an end in mind, but I’m not quite sure if it’s the one I thought of originally. We’ll see … I think Season 5 is going to be interesting because it really turns everything upside down yet again.

But we should probably talk about Season 4 first.

Bellamy (Bob Morley) and Clarke appear to feature prominently in the first few episodes of the season. Was this a deliberate return to that sort of Season 1 co-leadership relationship they had?
Yeah, I feel like that’s what the show has always been. It took a little detour, of course, and they went in different directions for a little while. But they’ve always been sort of the heart and soul of the show. They’ve always been the heart and the brain, or however you want to put it. Together they are stronger than they are apart. I think they came back together in the back half of Season 3 and that’s when the ship got righted and ultimately led to the destruction of ALIE. Now they’re teaming up to face this bigger threat. They’ll have different ideas, different philosophies that will sometimes come in contact, for sure, but they’re heartened and they’re a unit, and they will definitely take on this problem guns blazing, together.

‘The 100’ Showrunner Previews Season 4: ‘One Ticking Clock From Beginning to End’

HU401a_0228b-1-1014x570.jpg

The 100 makes its highly anticipated return to The CW tonight, and we know fans are desperately craving answers about what's to come in season four. Luckily for you, we at ET have already watched tonight's premiere (jealous much?) and called up the show’s executive producer, Jason Rothenberg, to bring you all the exclusive scoop.

Read on for answers to your most burning questions about season four's "un-winnable" threat, the spectrum of chaos affecting the characters, Clarke's (Eliza Taylor) potential romantic future with Bellamy (Bob Morley), and so much more!

EXCLUSIVE: 'The 100' Boss Talks Clarke's Post-Lexa Life and Answers Your Biggest Season 4 Questions!

“This whole season’s based around how we’re going to deal with fighting an enemy that we go to war with,” Eliza Taylor teases. “There are some kind of unusual pairings, which is great. The thing about having such a gigantic cast is that some of us have only ever been in one scene together over three years. … I think you’re going to see a lot more odd coupling.”

CLARKE | Part of Clarke’s journey at the beginning of Season 4 will be “stepping up more and accepting herself as the leader,” Eliza Taylor says. “It’s really fun to feel like she’s asserting herself and not taking s–t from people who don’t know as much as she does.” Of course, with great knowledge comes great responsibility: “She has to be very careful about how she goes about telling people [about the impending nuclear apocalypse] without starting a riot.” Fans of Bellamy and Clarke’s friendship will also be happy to know the two are “on the same team again” and are “sharing the leadership role.” On the romantic front, Taylor says Clarke is “still grieving Lexa” and “doesn’t really have time for relationships right now.” She does, however, have time to delve into the “turbulence” she’s been experiencing with her mom through a bit of “role reversal.”

BELLAMY | When Bellamy isn’t being crushed under the crippling weight of his “guilt and remorse,” Bob Morley’s character is dealing with the “fallout side of the [ALIE] story … and the emotional scars that are left behind from the actions that [people] did whilst on the chip.” Meanwhile, Octavia’s “darker turn” will inspire a sense of “loss” in him. “She doesn’t really need … or listen to his advice anymore. It’s a bit of a blow for him. At some point you have to take a backseat with the people you care about.” On the romantic front, Morley admits it’s “tricky” for Bellamy to open up to people, which is why he loves his character’s relationship with Clarke. “That’s why people might gravitate towards that [pairing], because there is a side of Bellamy that she brings out that doesn’t really come out with anybody else. (As for Bellamy’s relationship with Luna, Morley calls it a “work in progress.”)

OCTAVIA | No longer the “adolescent girl that was trapped underneath the floor,” Octavia is a loose (and deadly) cannon in Season 4, Marie Avgeropoulos says. Yes, Octavia is still mourning Lincoln — the actress likens “Linctavia” to Romeo and Juliet — but she’s not letting her grief keep her down. Instead, she uses assassinating people “as an out to not feel things.” Speaking of feeling things, Octavia has a “significant interaction with one of the male counterparts in a different tribe this season,” though the actress is quick to remind us, “No one will ever replace Lincoln. … Don’t freak out.” We’ll also learn more about Octavia’s past during flashbacks to the Ark, where we’ll encounter a few familiar faces… including Pike! (I smell a ton of dramatic foreshadowing.)

The 100 Season 4: Cast Previews Clarke's New Crisis, Bellamy's 'Loss,' Octavia's Mystery Man and More

When do they start to actually feel the effects of the nuclear-reactor meltdowns?
Episode 3 is when the leading indicators begin to appear that the environment is breaking down and that it’s real. And by the way, Raven (Lindsey Morgan) is all over it. She’s science-ing the shit out of it. But yeah, the third episode is where we see the beginnings of the unfolding disaster.

The season opener also sees an aligning of Sky Crew and Ice Nation…
What ends up happening is, because Alie had [recruited] everybody that she could, there were thousands of Ice Nation warriors in Polis at the time Clarke had shut her down. Suddenly, they’re in control because there's more of them and they’re warriors. Echo (Tasya Teles) is among them, and Roan (Zach McGowan) is still alive, so the story becomes that everybody wants to kill Sky Crew because they blame Clarke for corrupting them, pulling them into the City of Light. That’s a technology thing, and they blame Sky Crew for the technology. Ultimately, you know, some are unhappy that Clarke took them out of the City of Light and we drove them into a world that is coming to an end. So our heroes need to carve out some breathing room. They need to figure out a way to survive the day so that we can go home and figure out how to survive the storm that’s coming. That’s the shape of the premiere.

The last thing they have to worry about is also fighting off another tribe.
Exactly. Like, you can’t solve your five-month problem if you can’t survive your five-minute problem. So in the premiere they need to figure out a way, politically, to maneuver. There is no time for a war. So Clarke will make any alliance that she can in order to get the breathing room that she needs to go back to Polis and get with Raven and the other smart people in Arkadia and try and figure things out.

'The 100': Season 4 Kicks Off With a New Nuclear Nightmare

Clarke unleashes the truth about the oncoming nuclear catastrophe to a trusted amount of allies: Bellamy (Bob Morley), her mother Abby (Paige Turco), and more. Did you ever consider keeping this as Clarke's secret for a little bit longer? What was the benefit of having this secret out in the open among many of the main castmembers this early on in the season?

Ultimately, they weren't going to tell people. She told Bellamy, because she tells Bellamy everything. They're allies and partners in this world and battle that's ongoing. Then, the circumstances of the premiere present themselves. The Ice Nation is here and no Skaikru is going to be allowed to leave. Ultimately they're going to have to fight a war in order to survive the day, let alone the time they have left. It became clear to me that the story in the premiere was about how do we solve our five-minute problem so that we can get to our six-month problem? The five-minute problem required Clarke to let some people in on the truth: her mother, Kaine (Henry Ian Cusick), Indra (Adina Porter), Octavia (Marie Avgeropoulos). Our core unit. And it required Clarke to make some deals that she would probably not make otherwise. She has to give up the Flame in order to buy Roan's (Zach McGowan) allegiance, so that she can go home to Arkadia and figure out this bigger problem. That's what it costs her in this episode, emotionally too.

'The 100' Boss Talks Season 4 Premiere: "The Death Wave Is Coming"

There are finally official Funko Pops up for pre-order for the 100.

pQW2EwA.jpg

Also if anyone wonders why 2 Lexa's well it is rather obvious if you look at any big site selling them, and check the pre-order best sellers. For example on toywars if you sort by best seller the first page is: Lexa Funko (no 2 and was previously sold out), Clarke Funko (no 5 and was previously sold out), A Clexa Funko Set (no 6 and currently sold out), Lexa Chase (no 9, costs 3 times more than regular Funkos and sold out), The Set with the 6 Funkos is no 18. Raven is on page 2 of the best seller listing, and page 3 got Octavia and Lincoln alongside the Set again except this time it also got the Chase Lexa (so 7 Pops). Bellamy is the least selling of the bunch back on page 7.

Basically the general trend is the Lexa Funko(s), Clarke and Raven that top the charts and are sold out. Funko themselves said Lexa was the most requested, so yeah they are a business and therefore make what they think will give them money. Some places the Lexa chase is already completely unavailable.

There have been complaints over the skin tones of Raven and Bellamy (with the latter it seems like the same skin tone as the Glenn Rhee one). It is an issue with Funko Pops that in general, that many black and brown characters are several tones lighter with regards to their Pops. Me and others have tweeted at their official account @OriginalFunko in the hopes that they will fix it, but they don't seem to care.

Edited by Gabe Torres
  • Love 1

This

1 hour ago, Gabe Torres said:

Also if anyone wonders why 2 Lexa's well it is rather obvious if you look at any big site selling them, and check the pre-order best sellers.

And I wouldn't buy their Bellamy either, him, Raven and Lincoln were all whitewashed. Not surprised that white girl Lexa has darker skin than canon POCs Bellamy and Raven, though.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 1

Octavia and Lexa share the same skin tone, and Raven's is slightly darker than both (people straight out used Photoshop to compare their color #). But I know on twitter/Tumblr certain fans that hate Lexa tried to make this a Lexa vs. Raven/Bellamy thing (conveniently ignoring Octavia), instead of focusing on the real issue that Raven and Bellamy are obviously way to light in skin tone. But honestly, to me that shows they don't truly care about this and are just using it to continue their hate on Lexa despite her having been dead for almost 11 months. Like... it is time to let it go. Clarke and Lexa happened, the (still) constant invasion of the Lexa/Clexa/ADC tags with hate, and death wishes sent to ADC are ridiculous. People involving that nonsense in this issue with the Funko Pop skin tones just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

The skin tones are honestly not that hard a fix, and normally I would had guessed they already have produced a bunch and don't want to lose $$$. But initially they had Clarke holding the gun in the right hand, and they fixed that. So I think it really is Funko being utter garbage with not fixing the skin tones (and honestly Bellamy should have freckles to). It really makes me mad, that with important things such as merchandise this type of erasure happens. I think the only ones that can put pressure on Funko by now has to be the writers, and they have chosen to be mute on this subject.

That said, I don't think the skin color issue has such a big noticeable effect on sales because Raven is selling really well. Raven as the 3rd best selling is a pretty constant thing, and her fans, which is has a lot of Latinx, compared to Bellamy's which is heavily **white seems to still buy it. The thing with Funkos from my observations is that it is not Tumblr or twitter fandom that mostly buy these things. The purchases tends come from other parts of fandom. There is a certain collect aspect over it as well, and people that don't really take part in fandom, also buy them frequently. There are also people who seem to think that if they support their favorite, it could result more Funko Pops.

**I know his S3 arc turned off understandably a lot of the Filipino fans he had considering the over hundreds of years the country spent colonized, and victim to being killed by an invading force. Having a character that is half Filipino use the same rhetoric and justification as those that brutalized their country for centuries, while butchering the native population, caused a lot to be upset and drop the show. It didn't help when a lot of his white fans wrote out big essays justifying xenophobia and colonization, which pushed a lot of Filipino fans out of the fandom, that would had preferred to mobilize and call out the show for its gross actions with regards to Bellamy.

Nevertheless I'm surprised Bellamy isn't doing better. I think after S2 he would had sold a lot more but still. Another website I went back 30 pages of their bestsellers and I still couldn't find him, whereas I found everyone else within the first 10 pages

• Love 1

The-100-season-4-Bellamy-1.jpg

Hypable: A lot of fans really connect to Bellamy; I think his struggle to be a good man is very relatable. Why do you think Bellamy resonates so strongly with people watching the show?

Bob Morley: You know, everyone worries about having these flaws, and Bellamy wears them on his sleeve. It’s something that we can all relate to, because we all want to be the best versions of ourselves, and sometimes you just can’t be that.

And I think the other big thing that Bellamy has is his sibling relationship with Octavia. It’s the only one on the show, so it’s one that people can really grasp on to. And Bellamy is the kind of guy that would do anything for his family. That’s still true for him, but I think his family has extended to the 100 kids on the ground, and now to Skaikru, and I think people can really get behind that loyalty to family.

I mean, I’m the youngest of four kids and I would do anything for my brother and sisters, so I think that’s something that a lot of people can see within Bellamy.

I spoke to Jason Rothenberg recently, and he said we’ll see Bellamy come into his own as a leader this season. And like you said, Bellamy really cares about the delinquents, and he inspires a lot of conviction in them. Especially in this upcoming episode, he’s very much the person they turn to to make the decisions. So how would you define Bellamy as a leader? What do you think he could become?

You know, on the battlefield Bellamy’s kind of proven himself to be a worthy leader. He’s not necessarily making the right decisions, but you usually end up living if you side with him (laughs). He very much leads with his heart, and he’s a little bit too emotional to be a great, thoughtful leader, but his compassion for his people is something that people know they can lean on.

And that’s why I think… I mean, the Grounders dislike his style of leadership, absolutely, but if you’re a part of the 100 and Skaikru, then he usually has your best interests at heart. And this season, it will be interesting to see how his mindset will change toward the rest of the 12 clans.

‘The 100’ star Bob Morley previews Bellamy’s journey to leadership in season 4… and beyond? (exclusive)

Thanks for the news regarding the Funko Pops. I was starting to wonder whether they were still going to release any for this show at all since it felt like quite a lot of time passed between the first announcement and the concept art preview. Obviously not a fan of the skin tone mishaps either, but other than that they turned out well. The level of detail is pretty great and makes them rather unique compared to some of Funko's other tv show Pops. I appreciate Lincoln in grounder garb and the costumes of choice for Lexa and Ocatavia. Didn't expect a variant/chase version, but it's a bit of a no-brainer that they'd pick Lexa for it from a business pov. If sales numbers lead to the release of a second wave, I wouldn't be surprised to see more variants of popular characters along with a few selected new ones like Kane and Abby.

This site needs more shirtless Zach's pics!

ETA: Adding Bob Morley's interview for IGN. He always very introspective about his role and the show in general.

The world is ending, which is not an uncommon threat on The CW's The 100. Season 4 premiered recently, and the series set on a post-apocalyptic Earth is now technically pre-apocalyptic, a turn that would make the best of us despair. But not Clarke Griffin and Bellamy Blake of Skaikru. They're determined to find a solution to save not only their people from fatal levels of radiation, but everyone. The stakes, as ever, are monumental.

Actor Bob Morley has been in Bellamy's shoes since the beginning of the series and like all of Skaikru, he's endured more heartrending situations than any single person should be subjected to. He's also made some fairly terrible decisions. The next episode, "Heavy Lies the Crown," teases a possible to solution to that whole world-ending problem, and Bellamy's ready to pursue it head-on and try to make up for his past failings.

IGN: With the six month timer to the end of the world ticking down, does Bellamy feel a pressure to clear or balance his ledger while he still can?

Morley: I feel like he's willing to sacrifice himself in order to do as much as good as he can. I believe that's something he tries to hold onto throughout the whole season, where in previous seasons, he'd already be about 300 deep in death by episode two. That's something he's trying to stay clear on and do everything as best as he can until the time runs out. He's fully aware time is running out, and he doesn't necessarily believe he's going to survive so he might as well do everything he can in order to save someone else.

IGN: In the past, Bellamy's been more about choosing what he believed to be the good of the many over the few – like with Pike. Is his approach to making the big life and death decisions different now?

Morley: There's that whole aspect of protecting everyone he can, but his decisions haven't always worked out – well, actually a lot of them haven't worked out. But now he's trying to contain what is in front of him and protect what he can within his grasp. It's possibly the difference between Clarke and Bellamy. Clarke has the bigger picture scope, whereas Bellamy has had always had this smaller scope, I guess, in the sense of the Skaikru. You'll see as the season goes on whether that holds true for him, but right now, he's thinking about what he can do for the people that he loves and the people that are surrounding him. The big and the many hasn't really worked out for him [laughs], so maybe now he's trying a different tactic.

The 100: Bob Morley Discusses Bellamy's State of Mind in Season 4

Edited by CooperTV

A The 100 fan expresses her frustration with the recently announced line of Funko Pop!s that fail to accurately represent its diverse cast.

This article was submitted by Hypable reader Yana Grebenyuk.

Earlier this year, The 100 Funko Pop!s finally got concept art and a pre-order option available, the perfect surprise for a very active fandom.

But with the newly released final image of the seven Funko Pop! figures (Clarke, Raven, Bellamy, Octavia, Lincoln, and both versions of Lexa) came a glaring issue: The whitewashing of three specific characters.

Raven Reyes, Bellamy Blake and Lincoln are all persons of color, but for some reason the skin tone on those Pop!s are very heavily lightened compared to the characters that appear in the show.

‘The 100’ Funko Pop!s whitewashing dilemma: What we need to know before the official release

the-100-season-3-bellamy-bob-morley-slic

What’s something you’re looking forward to fans seeing this season? What were excited to do this season as Bellamy?

I’m really excited for the fans to see more of the world that we have on the ground and getting to see some new characters. Bellamy and Octavia are quite awesome this year. Obviously, Bellamy and Clarke teaming up this year as a leadership partnership kind of thing. And a lot of Bellamy and Kane, which is great because I love working with Ian Cusick. This season, I definitely worked with a lot of different people and you’ll get to see Bellamy with a lot of characters you wouldn’t usually see me interacting with, so that’s pretty exciting. And, of course, the big influence of the Ice Nation this season is something to watch out for as well.

How much is Bellamy aware of what’s going on with Octavia?

At the end of the Season 3, Bellamy expressed how he didn’t want her to go down the same path that he did wanting revenge and having this blood lust. It didn’t bode well for him at all. There’s a huge concern for her in that aspect. He knows that he can’t give her all this advice that feels he could or he’s capable of because their relationship isn’t that strong at the moment. They also need to go through a lot of healing before they can kind of listen to each other again.

There’s a huge amount of concern as always with Bellamy and Octavia. It takes time to get through those problems and those difficulties. He knows how he feels about her, but I think she’s still deciding about is blood thicker than water and what can she let fly because he’s her brother. It’s more a question of her journey and how she interacts with Bellamy.

‘The 100’: Bob Morley Teases Tonight’s Episode, Discusses Bellamy Leading with Clarke

the-100-recap1.jpg

Wednesday’s episode of The 100 offered a glimmer of hope for the Arkadians in the form of a hydro generator, but when the retrieval mission took an unexpected turn — Bellamy chose to blow it up, rather than bring it home, to liberate a group of prisoners — Raven’s already-fragile survival plan basically fell to pieces.

“The point needs to be made that some of the decisions Bellamy makes are because he’s put in very difficult situations,” Bob Morley tells TVLine of his character’s latest controversial move. “People who weren’t there can say it was idiotic or shortsighted, but when you’re in a moment where horrible things are happening in front of you, sometimes you just need to act on what’s best.”

The 100 Boss, Star Defend Bellamy's Choice: 'He's Trying to Do What's Right'

Elsewhere in tonight's episode, we met Ilian (Chai Romruen), a grounder who found himself part of a small angry revenge-bent rebellion against King Roan (Zach McGowan) and his plan to continue the alliance with the sky people. The episode opened with Ilian's heartbreaking backstory, where Alie forced him to murder his entire family just before Clarke shut Alie down. 

Executive producer Jason Rothenberg says that was part of an attempt to help us understand the motivations behind one of this season's villains. 

"That's to show his side of the story and to understand him as a character, and why he is so driven to do the things that he's doing this season, the vendetta that he's on," Rothenberg explains. "And partially that was a lesson learned in some ways from the Pike story in season three and the realization that I had in watching people's reactions in that they didn't see what happened to Pike when he landed, and the Ice Nation attacked and killed…he told the story in an amazingly emotional performance by Michael Beach, but the audience didn't viscerally experience it, so they really didn't like him for a very long time, and I didn't want that to be the case with Ilian. So I really made it a point to try and go back and see what happened to him." 

Is it pointless to hope Ilian doesn't cause quite as many problems as Pike did? We're going to guess yes, since this is The 100, after all. 

More Impossible Decisions on The 100