Type keyword(s) to search

The Grounder Gazette: the 100 in the Media

In2You

Rothenberg: "Clarke is f**king legendary. Clarke is Paul Bunyan. Everyone is going to know about Clarke of the Sky People. She got betrayed and she single handedly now goes and takes out Mount Weather. Last year, she single handedly [stopped the Grounders] - obviously she wasn’t single handed in either event but the way legends spread, that’s going to be interesting to play next season."

Umm... pretty sure she couldn't have done anything without Monty... or Bellamy... or Octavia... or Maya... Clarke didn't single handedly do shit.

• Love 3

‏@JRothenbergTV

HEY #THE100 FANS... I FEEL LIKE BREAKING SOME NEWS: @RICHARDSHARMON IS OFFICIALLY A SERIES REGULAR IN SEASON 3!! IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!

Emphasis mine. I love Murphy and am glad we'll be seeing more of him in season 3.

I would never have believed I'd say this, but I too am thrilled we'll have more Murphy next season. I was deeply unimpressed by RS on Continuum, and didn't feel much better about him in S1, but they have done a great job with his character this season, and RS is really dialed into Murphy. 

As far as JR's comments about Clarke, I think his point was that this is the Grounders' perception (and maybe some of the Ark people's too) of Clarke. From their limited perspective, they see her as the person who made these things happen, and this is how legends grow. I thought the comparison to Paul Bunyan made that pretty clear.

I mean, yeah, I'm sure he's in love with Clarke a bit--she's the heroine of his show, and I'm in love with her too--but I don't think he or anyone on the show believe she did these things single-handedly. If they wanted her to, they would have written it that way.

• Love 6

Reading comprehension, people. "obviously she wasn’t single handed in either event but the way legends spread, that’s going to be interesting to play next season." "We all know that she didn't do it single-handedly, as do our heroes. Jason Rothenberg said as much. The Grounders however, attribute it to Clarke, because she is in charge and the one they most interacted with. As Rothenberg said, legends don't get all the details and facts right. The same thing happens in real life when the military leaders get most of the credit for victories, when we all know there is more to war and battle than that.

For those worried about Clarke hype, Rothenberg has also said that Bellamy will be seen as a hero for his role in Mt Weather and will be the new leader while Clarke is gone. Even Kane respects him now. 

Also, Jasper will most likely be recognized by the rest of the 100. I"m sure they consider him with the same regard they do Clarke and Bellamy.

Edited by Lord Kira
  • Love 4

Reading comprehension, people. "obviously she wasn’t single handed in either event but the way legends spread, that’s going to be interesting to play next season." "We all know that she didn't do it single-handedly, as do our heroes. Jason Rothenberg said as much. The Grounders however, attribute it to Clarke, because she is in charge and the one they most interacted with. As Rothenberg said, legends don't get all the details and facts right. The same thing happens in real life when the military leaders get most of the credit for victories, when we all know there is more to war and battle than that.

For those worried about Clarke hype, Rothenberg has also said that Bellamy will be seen as a hero for his role in Mt Weather and will be the new leader while Clarke is gone. Even Kane respects him now.

Also, Jasper will most likely be recognized by the rest of the 100. I"m sure they consider him with the same regard they do Clarke and Bellamy.

I can read, thank you, and I stand by my original statement.  Even in legends, no one will ever believe Clarke single handedly took down the mountain.  That's the biggest load of BS I've ever heard.  Rothenburg's mouth needs to stop - he goes overboard and it's starting to kill the buzz of his show.

ETA: It doesn't help that they wrote her like a martyr when she was leaving, but that's really more for the episode thread and not media.

Edited by Slider
  • Love 3

I can read, thank you, and I stand by my original statement.  Even in legends, no one will ever believe Clarke single handedly took down the mountain.  That's the biggest load of BS I've ever heard.  Rothenburg's mouth needs to stop - he goes overboard and it's starting to kill the buzz of his show.

ETA: It doesn't help that they wrote her like a martyr when she was leaving, but that's really more for the episode thread and not media.

JR said that Clarke obviously didn't take down Mt. Weather single handily. But the way Grounders see her as a Leader including their own Leader seeing Clarke as an equal, they will know it was Clarke that wiped out the people in Mt. Weather with her people following her lead. A legend is also something that is told through generations so I could see that centuries from now it will be told as Clarke of Sky People took down a mountain.

That doesn't mean that's what actually happened and we know that's not what happened, but that's how legends work. They are not complete truths and tell the most exciting and powerful part of a story. I don't have a problem with the EP saying that, it was Clarke's idea, Monty helped her accomplish it, but she was the one that was going to pull the trigger until Bellamy decided to not let her do it alone. 

I find Clarke one of the most compelling characters on tv. She's not a great hero by any means but she has saved people at the cost of her soul. Those are the types of characters I'm drawn too. She faces consequences for her actions, her friends and family look at her like she's a psycho most of the time, she's brutal and she's ruthless, but she will do anything to save the people she cares about even if that means killing them to save them from unimaginable pain. 

• Love 5

Won't be happy to lose her, but I've also been delighted to see Adina Porter all over my screen since True Blood, jumping from Aaron Sorkin's Newsroom over to our little show here as a warrior, and now off to do something else.

We might not lose her completely.  It's a recurring role, so, she owes them no exclusivity.  If the shooting schedules allow it, she might appear in both.  Page Turko, who plays Clarke's mom, has done this show and a couple of episodes of Person of Interest, so, it's not unheard off.

Edited by WearyTraveler
  • Love 1

It's not like she's such a major character. I do like her and was glad she didn't die in the finale, but it's quite possible we aren't going to see this Grounder tribe soon anyway, and even then, just for an episode or two.

I know. But it's US telly. I don't trust them not to bring her back to kill her off, so they can please the Bellarke crowd.

I would normally agree with you because I'm a cynic like that. However, they have had so much good publicity and frankly both Eliza and Bob have been very against Bellarke. I think the fans are just a small but rabid fanbase and the GA doesn't really care about a Clarke/Bellamy pairing. If they do a good job with Clarke/Lexa they can get lots of mileage out of that relationship. Plus, Lost Girl and OITNB has shown that it won't turn off many viewers. Having a non-straight main character isn't a death sentence for a show that many network exec feared for many a year.

• Love 3

There are valid narrative reasons to kill Lexa without it being done to pander to shippers. I think there are no reasons to accuse the writers of this anyway.

I don't ship any pairing but I can't stay it would please me to see this forum devolve into ship wars, tbh.

. If they do a good job with Clarke/Lexa they can get lots of mileage out of that relationship.

That's so true.

I started watching the 100 about a month ago and was surprised by the amount of fans calling for a Bellarke pairing. I've never thought of them together - maybe if the show had focus on them like they did with Finn and Wells they would have stood out more.

I see them as platonic than anything with Bellamy being an advisor to leader Clarke. Many have said co-leaders - eheh! If you truly pay attention to the show the second half of season 1 had Clarke coming to the forefront and season 2 cemented her position. She's the better of the two to hold that job IMO.

Lexa and Clarke stink by the amount of chemistry they have together. But, I don't want a Clexa pairing right now - and the possibility of that is out the window since Lexa's betrayal. I don't even mind an attempted Bellarke pairing to quiet the other side but in the end Lexa and Clarke should be it.

Lexa returns ‘early on’ in Season 3

http://zap2it.com/2015/07/the-100-lexa-returns-early-on-season-2/

Shawn Mendes is a young 17 yo Canadian singer-songwriter whose first album has been one of the surprise hits of 2015 (and got him a gig as the opening act on Taylor Swift's huge summer tour).  Unlike a lot of teen stars these days he`s not a product of the Disney or Nickelodeon machines, but rather came up through YouTube and the Toronto music scene.  He writes his own music, has a somewhat unique voice (no auto-tune required) and is a mean guitar player   He also has the kind of clean-cut good looks that appeal to a good segment of the teen market, even as he seems to go out of his away to avoid the overly sexualized stuff that you get from so many pop stars these days.  The acoustic versions of some of his songs even have a kind of early-70s feel, though his lyrics tend to be appropriate to his age.  This is the acoustic version of his first Top-10 hit (sung as a duet with actress Hailee Steinfeld):

Here's the live acoustic version of his most recent hit single, which he co-wrote and sings with Camila Cabello of Fifth Harmony:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVv2vnTDv3E

Edited by viajero

My show returns! Ugh, I can't wait. I missed you so much, The 100! I mean, there are lots of great stuff out there these days, but there's something about this one that just grabs me like no other.

Also, this Bellamy/Octavia animosity better be fake. Otherwise, it will break my heart.

And also #2: Calling it, either Abby or Kane will die this season. 

Edited by FurryFury

That looks intense and epic for tv. I wish this show had better ratings, it doesn't feel like it belongs on the CW. 

Actually, with the CW's newer shows being female-focused and high-quality, I'd say it belongs perfectly on the CW. 

(Watch Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, they're both really good.)

• Love 1

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-100-season-3-spoilers-clarke/

After three months living in isolation and in disguise, Clarke will seek solace in the arms of a compassionate, observant - and yeah, pretty sexy - trading post worker. But their dalliance is cut short when members of the Ice Nation arrive hunting down Clarke, who has become a near-mythic figure after the Mount Weather genocide.

So it looks like the shot of Clarke getting pleasured in the promo is

another woman that she meets

Yeah I've heard about Wick, some problems with the actor? such a shame, liked him with Raven.

Did they get rid of him? 

I saw some people talking about him on another board and looked it up. And wow reading all his racist remarks, he should be fired. 

• Love 1

I'm hoping everything with Bellamy and Octavia is just a misunderstanding on Octavia's part (it sort of looked like Bellamy was playing the undercover agent yet again) and maybe Bellamy can't tell her what's really going on, though the devastated look on his face says otherwise. Perhaps it has to do with the field of dead grounders Clarke and Lexa found. Or even worse, a dead Lincoln :( 

Was that Emori that Murphy was talking to?

I'm not particularly a fan of Lexa, but I'm happy she's back because I think her character is going to be used to help us/Clarke enter into the world of the grounders, and allow us to see how they operate as a society.

Murphy and Monty getting more screen time is something I'm super excited about! Jasper I can do without.

No spoilers topic (and I'm way too beat to create one, so I'll post it here with a tag. It's from TVline.

Let's begin with the word on everyone's lips: "Clexa." Clarke and Lexa's long-awaited reunion is going to be "pretty shaky," star Eliza Taylor says, "and not fun for Clarke." Following Lexa's betrayal last season, "her forgiveness would take a while — if it's going to come at all." Fortunately, Clarke will have plenty of other people with whom to distract herself, including Brenda Strong's Queen Nia — "a force to be reckoned with" — and Zach McGowan's Roan, with whom Clarke will initially find herself at odds. For at least the first half of the season, Clarke will remain separated from her fellow Arkers, which might not be such a bad thing. "Bellamy is going to be really disappointed in her," Taylor adds, "and kind of heartbroken. I don't really know how that reunion would go down."

That does NOT sound promising at all :( I really hoped Clarke and Bellamy wouldn't spend half a season apart YET AGAIN. And why would he be disappointed in her? I hope she won't betray her people for the Grounders in some way, because this is the only thing that could make him heartbroken, I think. Or it may do something with Octavia.

Yeah

I'm not happy she's spending half a season, separated from the 100/ark  waiting out the appropriate length of time until Clexa can kiss again, right before Lexa kicks it.

I could be wrong, and I hope I am,  but that's very much what all that sounds like.

Oh it's going to be very hard if at all.

Sure.

I'm gonna hold out hope this is about Bellamy and Clarke each having to come into their own with the Grounders/Sky People respectfully so that they can end the war and face some bigger crisis together united in peace, this time w/o betrayal

I was glad to see the powwow of concern about Clarke, between Indra/Kane/Monty/Bellamy that's an interesting group I don't think we've seen much of together, and I like that Monty might be more in the mix, THOUGH not if he's the reason Jasper is crying.

• Love 1

The Fine Brothers (the guys who make the Kids/Teens/Elders/Youtubers React series on Youtube) did a "1 Take Recap".

They seem to be big fans of the show - they've had Eliza Taylor on do some of the 'Try Not to Laugh' challenges in the recent past.

• Love 2