Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: A Countess No More

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, zulualpha said:

Watching Ramona at the dinner with Avery and Avery's friends was painful.  She's so cringey and un-selfaware.  No wonder she wants to have regular dinners with those girls, she spent the whole time pontificating about herself, loudly.  And she chews with her mouth open.  It's like watching a cement mixer.   Grossgusting.

I thought the wedding was beautiful, looked like lots of fun.  Luann looked great and so did Dorinda, and Tom as well.  Nice party and just the way Luann wanted it so good for her.  Fingers crossed he doesn't fuck her over.

The "aftermath" party looked like Bravo booked it to film everyone together and put the icing on the cake as far as the wedding festivities went.  Was there any food there at all?  Didn't look like it.  Looked like it was red or white wine and that was it!  The only thing good about it was Tinsley, Sonja, Dorinda and Ramona brought their dates which was nice. I don't blame Bethenny for bolting at all. 

Can't take the chance of them having food to ingest that would sop up some of that alcohol.  Bravo needs to get them drunk and fast!  Makes for better tv!

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm a new cross-over from RHoBH and slowly getting to know these personalities. Carole is the one I know the most about from her WR book.

As a fellow watcher of the RHoBH, welcome to the world of the RHoNYC, grisgris!  As with RHoBH, it can be kind of the same story lines: everybody gets drunk (some more than others) and acts the fool; catfights often ensue after said drunkenness; boyfriends and husbands have wandering eyes; and we have women with questionable behavior themselves!  Most of these women do not appear to be as high-society as they'd like to think, or near the level of a Lisa Vanderpump and her group, but they're still fun to watch and snark about!

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 4
On 6/14/2017 at 11:35 PM, ElDosEquis said:

Carole is as about as sophisticated as wet newspaper.

IF she was going to co-write a cook book? She'd need a ghost writer.

But then again?

She probably can name every flavor of Pop Tarts and Hot Pockets?

-----------------

That is the beauty of living in a large Metro city.

THE FOOD.

But then again, I don't blame carole, it wasn't Sexy Dim Sum?

What gasses me is she 'dates' a cook/chef, yet has no inclination to experience the food scene?

Adam has to shoulder some of the blame, too? How in the living fuck can you live with/date someone who cooks for a living and be so out of the loop.

(My dream would be to snag one of the ladies on America's Test Kitchen....I like legs/thighs and breasts.)

A good meal with someone you like is a very intimate experience.  Going out with a friend and 'experiencing' a good meal/something new is what life is all about.

Even a meal that sucks ass can be fun, if you are so inclined to have a good time and to cross it off your bucket list?

People have commented on Tom being married in his 50's, but little about carole's sheltered food history? (I thought that journalists were daring, informed and cultured?)

I bet Carole can name every brand of  peanut butter?

-----------

Two rules about finding good places to eat.

1) Lines out the front door

and

2) word of mouth.

EVERYONE has a place that serves the BEST (fill in the blank).

I was STUNNED by Carole's lack of knowledge. Momentarily, I thought maybe she was pissed and/or in inauguration shock and sadness and angry that SkinnyCow couldn't care less, but even so, it was clear that she was clueless about anything other than the most pedestrian fare and Beavis's sexy salads. What a waste. And she talks about the people in 'flyover country.' You're the biggest rube of all, Carole. Now get back in SkinnyCow's ass where you belong.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, ryebread said:

I like to think I nailed it six YEARS ago on the night she put those little footsie-wootsies up on the dashboard.  ;-)

What's wrong with putting your feet on the dashboard?  I do it all the time.  I hate riding in cars and putting my feet up makes me more comfortable.

Carole just can't do anything right it seems.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 6/17/2017 at 10:30 PM, chewycandy said:

Noel and Victoria were beautiful babies - i rewatched Luann's before they were housewives special that aired before the new ep and she was a hands-on mom according to her brother. That's a sweet photo. 

Dang! The count is STILL super hot. I don't care if he's old enough to be MY dad.

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 3

What's wrong with putting your feet on the dashboard?  I do it all the time.  I hate riding in cars and putting my feet up makes me more comfortable.

Carole just can't do anything right it seems.

Women of a certain age are only allowed to act a certain way and do certain things, I guess?

• Love 9
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 1:28 AM, film noire said:

I waitressed through university and grad school and trust me, the kitchen hears about snotty customers. (And in some places, there's payback for that snottiness.) So be polite and smile and say please and thank you to your server; don't mock the menu, the decor, or treat your waitress like a servant; basically, don't act like you're anywhere but in somebody's home -- if you do, it will come back to bite you in the ass, because professional kitchens are full of the craziest people on the planet (who -- to be fair -- are working in a very stressful situation. I don't know how career waiters do it, it's such a difficult job. Everybody should have to work as a waiter at some point, if only as a lesson in humanity and manners. The aggrandizement with which people treat you is unbelievable --the superior attitude from customers, the negativity, the diminishment of what you're doing as some kind of inferior labor {because it's such a low down gig} and far too many people feel it's labor they are owed, not any kind of polite interaction involving social norms, god forbid. It's beyond ugly, but it'll knock the preciousness out of anybody  -- it did for me -- and it would've been a good lesson for Princess Radiziwill as well, to teach her servers are people too, and making faces at them isn't like making faces at a robot. There's a human being on the other side of that counter, so try to act like you're a fucking human being too, okay?)

She waitressed in college at the Be Bop Cafe. Yeah, Carole could have been nicer to the staff at the restaurant and the ice cream place, but I don't think her behavior especially bad. We've seen worse from other women on the show and maybe even Carole. I don't think I've seen any behavior that eclipses my all time worst--Dorinda handing her coat to the Black customer. That is bigotry and entitlement on an astronomical scale. Though Sonja clutching her purse all through Morocco is a close second.

I thought Carole's unfamiliarity with Chinatown was weird, but Carole eats a lot of crap food. I realize that she has as unsophisticated a palate as half of the OC wives and most of the Atlanta ones. It's not like we don't know that there are some really good innovative restaurants in OC and Atlanta. We do and there are, but our OC and Atlanta gals aren't going to be found at any of them. Carole is that way too.

I live in Austin. It is one of the hottest food towns in America right now. I have a friend who thinks she has an adventurous palate. She doesn't. A couple of months ago she was complaining about Austin not having any new restaurants. The group we were with looked at her like she was a loon. There is a new restaurant every week. Her problem is that she has blinders on. She'll drive past new interesting restaurants with lines out the door and miss all of that because she was looking for the Chick Fil A. Unless someone forces her to, she won't try new foods. She thinks she's quite an adventurous eater. At least Carole knows that she isn't.

• Love 9
(edited)
10 hours ago, ryebread said:

Only if dementia is setting in.

I think I might need to reassess my belief Radziwill knows more about politics than I do; if she can't remember having eaten lavender, why am I assuming she remembers the names of NY state congressmen, sub committee chairman and the niceties of any bill up for discussion?

Also: I've only tasted sumac and za'atar once, but I remember it -- round of applause for me! : )

slow clap.jpeg

Edited by film noire
  • Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, ChitChat said:

As a fellow watcher of the RHoBH, welcome to the world of the RHoNYC, grisgris!  As with RHoBH, it can be kind of the same story lines: everybody gets drunk (some more than others) and acts the fool; catfights often ensue after said drunkenness; boyfriends and husbands have wandering eyes; and we have women with questionable behavior themselves!  Most of these women do not appear to be as high-society as they'd like to think, or near the level of a Lisa Vanderpump and her group, but they're still fun to watch and snark about!

I don't think we've ever had anyone on any of these shows who would be thought of as a real high-society socialite. Definitely Tinsley back in the day and maybe Lady Morgan, but now... Other than that, not any of the Beverly Hills crew. Caroline Fleming on Ladies of London before she dumped Rory and Julie Montagu, who has the least aspirational life of anyone with an actual legitimate title (Carole's and Lu's being complete and utter bullshit).

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

What's wrong with putting your feet on the dashboard?

@Butterqueen, I lay the blame for my aversion to feet on the dashboard firmly at my parents' feet.  It was like filing our nails, brushing our hair, or slouching in public, it just wasn't allowed.  What can I say? They thought it looked trashy.  

Now with Carole, I don't think it looked trashy. It just looked kind of dumb.  And it was the very first time I could put a finger on what bugged me about this chick - she struck me as someone who tried way too hard to be one of the laid back, cool kids and instead, came off as awkward and pitiful. And ever since she put those dogs up on the dash, she's done about 150 other things that make me go, "Girl, I see you."  

As for Carole not being able to do anything right?  That's mostly true.  Carole is to me what Aviva was to 99.95% of youse, way back when.  I just can't with her Carrie Bradshaw Holly Hobby Golighty (thanks, filmnoire) act.

Housewives being damned if they do and damned if they don't?  Nothing new to see, here, folks.  Every one of them gets a turn at being on that end of the stick. 

• Love 13
(edited)
44 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't think I've seen any behavior that eclipses my all time worst--Dorinda handing her coat to the Black customer. That is bigotry and entitlement on an astronomical scale. Though Sonja clutching her purse all through Morocco is a close second.

I agree, it was a new low when Dorinda reflexively treated a black man like he was "the help".  (And the man was dressed in an expensive shirt and tie - with no hint of the coat check employee about him -- so she couldn't claim that as cover.)  Horrible.

My best friend lives in Austin - it's a great town -- we saw a very interesting show at the UMLAUF in March (I think it's on until the end of the summer). An exhibition of Farrah Fawcett's artwork - she was Umlauf's muse/he was her teacher - the curator did a great job (it could have gone so, so wrong). And that sculpture garden is just beautiful. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't think I've seen any behavior that eclipses my all time worst--Dorinda handing her coat to the Black customer. That is bigotry and entitlement on an astronomical scale.

Goodness, I don't know how I missed this scene!  I don't doubt you all.   I've got to pay more attention to details!  Did this happen when they went to LuAnn's post-nuptials party?

(edited)
1 hour ago, film noire said:

I think I might need to reassess my belief Radziwill knows more about politics than I do; if she can't remember having eaten lavender, why am I assuming she remembers the names of NY state congressmen, sub committee chairman and the niceties of any bill up for discussion?

Also: I've only tasted sumac and za'atar once, but I remember it -- round of applause for me! : )

slow clap.jpeg

Especially if you:

- listed them as ingredients of a dessert in your food diary

- owned candles and/or oils made with them

- if your boyfriend made a living, making and photographing food using those ingredients in your apartment. 

If you then went on to say, "What's sumac? That's like poison ivy.",  I'd either say dementia was seeping in, you've eaten one too many laced gummy bears, or you're trying to act like a dum dum for reasons unbeknownst to me. 

Dumb isn't cute.

Farrah Fawcett was an artist?  Off to googleland...

ETA:  1991 called and wants Carole's fingerless, red mih-ehns back.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 9:31 AM, diadochokinesis said:

We get some of the Japanese groceries over here (I'm in Dubai so people are from everywhere) and it is some of the weirdest flavors. It does make for interesting grocery shopping experiences. Meanwhile, I've been searching for years just for some ricotta cheese. I really want to make lasagna. I just want some ricotta. 

My Italian ex-MIL made lasagna with homemade sauce that she added grapes to instead of sugar for sweetness and cottage cheese with an egg mixed in instead of ricotta. She did it because she had a large family and ricotta cost more than cottage cheese. Her lasagna was really good and I never would have known about her swaps if she hadn't shared her thrifty secret.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Goodness, I don't know how I missed this scene!  I don't doubt you all.   I've got to pay more attention to details!  Did this happen when they went to LuAnn's post-nuptials party?

I think it was during Dorinda's first season on the show.

• Love 8
(edited)
7 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

I was STUNNED by Carole's lack of knowledge. Momentarily, I thought maybe she was pissed and/or in inauguration shock and sadness and angry that SkinnyCow couldn't care less, but even so, it was clear that she was clueless about anything other than the most pedestrian fare and Beavis's sexy salads. What a waste. And she talks about the people in 'flyover country.' You're the biggest rube of all, Carole. Now get back in SkinnyCow's ass where you belong.

This is just about perfect.

Carole is the perfect combination of sloth and pompous indignation. The perfect rendering of an elitist New Yorker.

Thank God that I moved to Arkansas.

Edited by the killer
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, film noire said:

I agree, it was a new low when Dorinda reflexively treated a black man like he was "the help".  (And the man was dressed in an expensive shirt and tie - with no hint of the coat check employee about him -- so she couldn't claim that as cover.)  Horrible.

My best friend lives in Austin - it's a great town -- we saw a very interesting show at the UMLAUF in March (I think it's on until the end of the summer). An exhibition of Farrah Fawcett's artwork - she was Umlauf's muse/he was her teacher - the curator did a great job (it could have gone so, so wrong). And that sculpture garden is just beautiful. 

Dorinda's attempt to explain her "obliviousness" did her no favors either. She told the story about the time she saw a man in a wheelchair holding a cup. She goes over to him and drops some money in his cup. He was an attorney in a suit, waiting at a bus stop for his bus, and Dorinda ruined his morning cup of coffee. It made me wonder how homogeneous her world must be that she automatically made those assumptions in both situations. I like Dorinda well enough, but it's incidents like these that remind me to never stan for any of these bitches because they're all fucking awful.

I heard a really great piece on the local NPR station about the exhibit.

3 hours ago, ryebread said:

@Butterqueen, I lay the blame for my aversion to feet on the dashboard firmly at my parents' feet.  It was like filing our nails, brushing our hair, or slouching in public, it just wasn't allowed.  What can I say? They thought it looked trashy.  

Now with Carole, I don't think it looked trashy. It just looked kind of dumb.  And it was the very first time I could put a finger on what bugged me about this chick - she struck me as someone who tried way too hard to be one of the laid back, cool kids and instead, came off as awkward and pitiful. And ever since she put those dogs up on the dash, she's done about 150 other things that make me go, "Girl, I see you."  

As for Carole not being able to do anything right?  That's mostly true.  Carole is to me what Aviva was to 99.95% of youse, way back when.  I just can't with her Carrie Bradshaw Holly Hobby Golighty (thanks, filmnoire) act.

Housewives being damned if they do and damned if they don't?  Nothing new to see, here, folks.  Every one of them gets a turn at being on that end of the stick. 

This is the shit that bugs me the most about Carole. This act is not fucking necessary. Her pink cigarettes, I love hickeys, what's a deadline nonsense make her less interesting because it's so obviously completely fucking fake. I think real Carole is interesting if sometimes a hosebeast. I get some of her weird snobbery.

Like my friends know if they want to set me off all they need to do is mention "Dr. Maya Angelou." Great poet, but it's an honorary doctorate. You cannot insist that people call you by your fake honorific (Maya Angelou, LuAnn, Carole, Lady Sonja Morgan, Karen Huger). If we're honoring these bullshit requests, then Justin who I went to school with can demand that we all call him Juice because that's what they called him at his old school. They did not and even if they did it's because you grew up in Utah and were the hardest muthafucka they'd ever seen. Regardless, you now live in Cleveland. No one is calling you Juice. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 9

@film noire, I love those mitts and will use them forever! Thank you!

Also, thanks for info on Ms. Farrah as artist! Pretty dang fascinating; if I were closer to Austin and could take Southern summer weather, I'd visit that installation! The online copy of the brochure was worth reading. 

@ryebread, I really wanted to like Her Highness because widow / of classy Polish guy / well-written memoir / seemed above the HW fray, but I really can't, and your "if...then..." made me laugh about it! TY.

1 hour ago, the killer said:

Thank God that I moved to Arkansas.

NWA, by chance? I dig Fayetteville and will get to Crystal Bridges the minute the temps top out at 80*F.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ChitChat said:

And when Dorinda was laughing off treating the man like her servant, she told the story of putting money in a cup held by a man in a wheelchair.  She assumed he was a beggar.  In actuality, he was an attorney trying to drink his coffee.  She seems so unconcerned about these things.  I would still be cringing in shame if it were me. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

My Italian ex-MIL made lasagna with homemade sauce that she added grapes to instead of sugar for sweetness and cottage cheese with an egg mixed in instead of ricotta. She did it because she had a large family and ricotta cost more than cottage cheese. Her lasagna was really good and I never would have known about her swaps if she hadn't shared her thrifty secret.

Oi! So much wrong with that ex-MIL. Where to begin.

Anyway, Diad, check Ina Garten's website for homemade ricotta.

5 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

My mom used to make it with cottage cheese instead of ricotta!  I always scraped that crap off.  LOL.  

I'm inclined to give Carole a pass. I like her. Same with Bethenny. I have issues with Ramona. Just when I think she is redeeming herself, she goes nutso this season. And I'm sorry but she can't have Mario as an excuse any longer. They've been divorced for a couple of years now.  It sucks that she is 60 and this isn't where she wanted her life to be but Mario moved onto greener pastures for a reason. Ramona is cray cray. 

39 minutes ago, rhys said:

Oi! So much wrong with that ex-MIL. Where to begin.

Anyway, Diad, check Ina Garten's website for homemade ricotta.

I never thought my random ricotta comment would get so many comments.  LOL. So I feel the need to do an update on it. I was at Waitrose yesterday and they actually had ricotta!  Still no provolone but yay for ricotta!  I can make lasagna again!  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

Mario moved onto greener pastures for a reason. Ramona is cray cray. 

I've always thought - since I first watched her - that this one dials the crazy *down* for the cameras, unlike those who might behave outrageously to get screen time.

Not real difficult to imagine what Mario experienced over 20+ years.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

I've always thought - since I first watched her - that this one dials the crazy *down* for the cameras, unlike those who might behave outrageously to get screen time.

Not real difficult to imagine what Mario experienced over 20+ years.

Since I have started rewatching the series from the very beginning, I've really noticed how much of a calming/controlling influence Mario was on Ramona.  He basically was a live-in nanny for her quite often. I could understand being exhausted by that and just wanting someone low key and normal. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Wait. So, what's the "lavender gotcha"? That Carole had lavender honey gelato a year ago but didn't like lavender blueberry ice cream six months later lol?

No, it is apparently because she said that lavender was a scent. Of course, it could be explained away as she had the lavender honey gelato a year ago and still firmly believes that lavender belongs as a scent and not in food. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Since I have started rewatching the series from the very beginning, I've really noticed how much of a calming/controlling influence Mario was on Ramona.  He basically was a live-in nanny for her quite often. I could understand being exhausted by that and just wanting someone low key and normal. 

Have you had a chance to watch the tennis matches?  Mario is a prime example of why some married couples should not be doubles partners. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

Have you had a chance to watch the tennis matches?  Mario is a prime example of why some married couples should not be doubles partners. 

This is why I enjoy going back and rewatching.  I haven't watched the first seasons since they originally aired.  Knowing what we know now, you see little things that you missed previously. The whole series kicked off (literally, the first 10 minutes of the first episode ever) with Ramona making fun of other women going overboard with fillers and plastic surgery. 

Edited by diadochokinesis
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Wait. So, what's the "lavender gotcha"? That Carole had lavender honey gelato a year ago but didn't like lavender blueberry ice cream six months later lol?

Yes, this is the gotcha moment. Maybe goes to the narrative that she wants to create a "cool" image or something? Not sure how lying about Lavender would prove anything. Maybe she said she ate lavender honey before because it was cool, but now she thinks it is cool to not like lavender? Has this become a thing? Hard for me to follow.  I cannot stand Cilantro, but for whatever reason, handle it at one restaurant that does it well in their guacamole. I Tell everyone I cannot stand it, then watch as they put it in when making my guac tableside. My husband always reminds me that I supposedly don't like it and bitch about it all the time in anything else, but am shoving it in my mouth like someone is going to take it away from me at this one place. Maybe I am a poser? 

• Love 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Yes, this is the gotcha moment. Maybe goes to the narrative that she wants to create a "cool" image or something? Not sure how lying about Lavender would prove anything. Maybe she said she ate lavender honey before because it was cool, but now she thinks it is cool to not like lavender? Has this become a thing? Hard for me to follow.  I cannot stand Cilantro, but for whatever reason, handle it at one restaurant that does it well in their guacamole. I Tell everyone I cannot stand it, then watch as they put it in when making my guac tableside. My husband always reminds me that I supposedly don't like it and bitch about it all the time in anything else, but am shoving it in my mouth like someone is going to take it away from me at this one place. Maybe I am a poser? 

That might just be it, mcm lol. You say you like something once, you're meant to like it from then on 'til your dying days. The inverse might also be true: you say you don't like something (like, say, gym culture), and you're never ever ever supposed to deviate from that opinion ever again. 

You're a poser, mcm. Accept it. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

That might just be it, mcm lol. You say you like something once, you're meant to like it from then on 'til your dying days. The inverse might also be true: you say you don't like something (like, say, gym culture), and you're never ever ever supposed to deviate from that opinion ever again. 

You're a poser, mcm. Accept it. 

Wait, we can't change our minds anymore???  I'm screwed. 

• Love 8

The lavender honey gelato thing was listed by Carole herself in a People magazine article. It made enough of an impression on her that she listed it as a go to dessert. I don't buy her feigned "girlish" ignorance for a bit and I find it rather disturbing. She wants us to believe she's some worldly sophisticate but she's really doltish, rude and boring.

• Love 5
(edited)

The lavender honey gelato thing was listed by Carole herself in a People magazine article. It made enough of an impression on her that she listed it as a go to dessert.

Or it was what she had to eat the day People magazine asked her about what her daily meals are like?

Wait, we can't change our minds anymore?

Nope. And we must remember EVERYTHING we have ever sampled.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 5

She ate it, it made enough of an impression for her to list it but then acted like she had never even heard of the concept of lavender flavored anything. She's an idiot.

• Love 7

It was on the menu of what she had the day of the interview. It didn't seem to make enough of an impression on her.

This is why I enjoy going back and rewatching

One thing I learned was that women on the UES seem to settle their disputes with a game of tennis.

• Love 5

She ate it, it made enough of an impression for her to list it but then acted like she had never even heard of the concept of lavender flavored anything.

Not only that, there's also the fact that she agreed/wanted to eat the "spray" in the first place, because it's not like she wouldn't have had other meal choices.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

She ate it, it made enough of an impression for her to list it but then acted like she had never even heard of the concept of lavender flavored anything. She's an idiot.

Or she acted like she had never heard of the concept of lavender in ice cream. The first time someone tried to get me to sample Dark Chocolate with Bacon in it I almost gagged. Bacon has a place, and I like it in most things, but not in a candy bar. 

It's just funny the way regular old things become big things when talking about some of these gals. There isn't a person who watches the show who probably doesn't consume things in one form that they would reject in another. Maybe in something like ice cream. Maybe Carole's next line was "I like it fine in my tea or my honey, but want nothing to do with it in my ice cream". 

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Maybe I am a poser? 

If you pretended to be surprised at cilantro in food, because it's only used for soap -- even though you've eaten that guac - then yes, you might be a poser ; ) 

She ate it, it made enough of an impression for her to list it but then acted like she had never even heard of the concept of lavender flavored anything. 

Plus, her boyfriend had lavender tea up on his instagram last year - the woman knows lavender goes into food, not just (waving widdle hands) perfume.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 7

Or she acted like she had never heard of the concept of lavender in ice cream. The first time someone tried to get me to sample Dark Chocolate with Bacon in it I almost gagged. Bacon has a place, and I like it in most things, but not in a candy bar. 

It's just funny the way regular old things become big things when talking about some of these gals. There isn't a person who watches the show who probably doesn't consume things in one form that they would reject in another. Maybe in something like ice cream. Maybe Carole's next line was "I like it fine in my tea or my honey, but want nothing to do with it in my ice cream". 

Seriously.

• Love 2

The lavender thing is no big deal. Carole is just being phony for the camera. That's her thing.

There is not one thing about her that is authentic. She must have used a ghost writer because there is no real evidence that she can produce quality work on a deadline.. She rents pets for the show. She pretends to be a twenty something when she is much closer to being a sixty something. Plastic surgery up the wazoo.

So being phony about the fact that lavender can be a flavor in food is just not that important in the scheme of things.

I wonder what she will be phony about in the next episode?

• Love 1

She must have used a ghost writer because there is no real evidence that she can produce quality work on a deadline

Besides the 3 Emmy Awards she won?

• Love 5

Maybe Carole's next line was "I like it fine in my tea or my honey, but want nothing to do with it in my ice cream". 

In her head? Because that wasn't the next line she delivered.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, the killer said:

The lavender thing is no big deal. Carole is just being phony for the camera. That's her thing.

There is not one thing about her that is authentic. She must have used a ghost writer because there is no real evidence that she can produce quality work on a deadline.. She rents pets for the show. She pretends to be a twenty something when she is much closer to being a sixty something. Plastic surgery up the wazoo.

So being phony about the fact that lavender can be a flavor in food is just not that important in the scheme of things.

I wonder what she will be phony about in the next episode?

Or she's being silly because that's her sense of humor? It's like when she told Aviva that she smokes pink cigarettes because they don't give you cancer. She's being dizzy about these things because she knows the Bethennys and Avivas (i.e., the high strung) will react.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

This.  She acted like she'd never heard of it.  Lavender:  "It's a spray."  Pffft pfft.

1 hour ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I cannot stand Cilantro, but for whatever reason, handle it at one restaurant that does it well in their guacamole. I Tell everyone I cannot stand it, then watch as they put it in when making my guac tableside. My husband always reminds me that I supposedly don't like it and bitch about it all the time in anything else, but am shoving it in my mouth like someone is going to take it away from me at this one place. Maybe I am a poser? 

Not at all.  You'd only be a poser if you'd had cilantro before and then pretended you'd never heard of it being used in food.  "It's a spray."

It's like the time she acted ahhhmazed that the psychic knew about the dent in Anthony's jeep. And that she'd never told ANYBODY about that.  If I recall correctly, tears may have been shed.  And who, here, didn't feel a little pang of sympathy for that memory that the brilliant, all-seeing psychic dredged up from the bottom of that coffee cup? 

Then, a bunch of bloggers posted an excerpt from Carole's book where she specifically (and beautifully, I'm sure) wrote about how she and Anthony had their first fight over the dent she put on his jeep. LOL.  So, like knowing that lavender can indeed be used in food, did she also forget that she wrote about the jeep milestone in her book?

To me, that feels like another one of them 'gotchas'.

• Love 6

Being part of a production team and writing memoirs are different. When she first started on RHONY I never gave her writing her book a second thought until how she completely over reacted towards Aviva. Now I am sure it was ghostwritten. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Then, a bunch of bloggers posted an excerpt from Carole's book where she specifically (and beautifully, I'm sure) wrote about how she and Anthony had their first fight over the dent she put on his jeep. LOL.  

Okay - but to be fair, are we SURE Carole actually read the book she supposedly wrote ? ; )

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Then, a bunch of bloggers posted an excerpt from Carole's book

They also posted from her memoir how Carole had a make out session with a married man! while Anthony lay dying in his hospital bed. Yet Tom's drunken mistake is somehow unforgivable.

• Love 5