Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S09.E11: A Countess No More

Recommended Posts

Quote

Sir Camel Ott - don't piss him off. They just told him that Luann requested that if he was ever to meet Tom, to deny their past soulmate relationship. Sir Camelot is BT (before Tom) and Tom doesn't want to know

As long as Luann and Sir Camel aren't caught humping at Beautique, Tom's cool with their relationship.

Quote

Or how's about sampling a dish/food without making a face, comment or squirming in your seat?

Slight difference, especially at a restaurant versus sampling food someone prepared at home just for you.

And being honest also could mean potentially avoiding future situations where you have to keep lying to the person about how much you "enjoyed" their food/the food at the restaurant.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

21 hours ago, Otherkate said:

I've seen Lu in person and can confirm that she is STUNNING in person. She's one of those people who give off a glow too. I'm not at all surprised that she has men falling at her feet everywhere she goes. 

I could see that.  She's still got a great body at this age.  Tall, great cheekbones.  And she does have a great sense of humor.  And even though I'm sure she's had work done (botox, fillers) she looks almost untouched.  So at her age, it's really remarkable how great she looks.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

Wait, what? Carole has referred to rape victims as "mistresses"? I may have to quit this show altogether if that's her proclamation!

Within a specific context.

On Twitter and Andy's Then and Now show, the topic of Juanita Broaddrick/Kathleen Wiley/other alleged BC victims and, alternately, Monica Lewinsky have come up and Carole has resolutely referred to all as either "mistresses" or "Bill Clinton's affairs."

I guess one could say "rape accusers" instead of "victims" but it's still a gross conflation to me.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, LIMOM said:

And here is the other beauty

IMG_0245.PNG

Beauty is in the eye of the.....

Wait a minute, I am going to gouge out my eyes with a melon baller........

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Within a specific context.

On Twitter and Andy's Then and Now show, the topic of Juanita Broaddrick/Kathleen Wiley/other alleged BC victims and, alternately, Monica Lewinsky have come up and Carole has resolutely referred to all as either "mistresses" or "Bill Clinton's affairs."

I guess one could say "rape accusers" instead of "victims" but it's still a gross conflation to me.

Yeah, I do find it interesting the dichotomy of all women are to be believed...unless it's Bill Clinton.  Or a Kennedy.  And at least with Bill Clinton, the Juanita Broadrick story is very compelling.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, BBHN said:

As long as Luann and Sir Camel aren't caught humping at Beautique, Tom's cool with their relationship.

Slight difference, especially at a restaurant versus sampling food someone prepared at home just for you.

And being honest also could mean potentially avoiding future situations where you have to keep lying to the person about how much you "enjoyed" their food/the food at the restaurant.

Having manners, couth or the ability to choke down a little humility is beyond any of those chuckleheads.

I can tell the planet is heading into times of better manners, etiquette and that people have halted making excuses for the lack of?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Having manners is one thing, bullshitting is another...sometimes it is better in the long to be more honest in certain situations.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I have choked down pickled herring and beef tartare,, (I  love tuna and salmon tartare) but I WILL NOT PRETEND TO CHOKE DOWN BLOOD PUDDING. I have my limits. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BBHN said:

Too bad it doesn't have a more appetizing name ;)

They could re-name it Cookies and Cream....I'm still not going near it. :)

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder why they refer to it as pudding, though? The blood part is accurate, at least.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, F. M. said:

Do you wrinkle your nose, like it's poop though? LOL!! Please, just say no and move on. Boring Carol.zzzzz

Thank you.

It would have been TOO adult-like to make a statement like,

"Lavender? I don't think I have ever tried it, I don't think I'd like it."

Or instead of making a face - like those a two year old eating mashed peas or pulverized beef from a jar makes?

------

Basic food manners are simple,

IF I invite, I will let you choose where we are going.

IF you leave it to me?

I hope that you will eat (or try to eat) what we went out for.

IF you do not like it, I expect you NOT TO MAKE ME FEEL like an asshole, someone who is trying to poison you or make you sick.

I also expect you to be honest, but polite - I am not going to shame you or make you feel like shit for not eating.

I might ask you some questions about your aversion to whatever it is you don't like. I am not going to embarrass you for not eating, make jokes or shame you.

It really doesn't matter if that meal is home cooked or eaten in a restaurant.

I am going to behave myself when I am at the table (Which means I am not going to whine, make faces, pick at my food and then talk about the 'cruelty' to the animals or plants on my plate)

I don't really give a flying fuck about your disgust, your food allergies or the reaction you had to eating Pixie Sticks, because you cannot do Red Dye #6.

 

It's pretty simple, Just behave yourself and when you feel like making faces or acting like you want to induce vomiting with a pantomime of sticking a finger down your throat?

 

Go sit at the kiddie table, there's only adults at this space. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I wonder why they refer to it as pudding, though? The blood part is accurate, at least.

Yeah, the pudding part is odd? Doesn't even look like pudding.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 3:19 AM, film noire said:

It's never easy breaking up with a Housewife, is it? You've been through so much together; the confessionals that made you cringe, the procedures you wished they didn't have (and some you wish they had). The alliances they formed with housewives you hate, leaving you feeling lost and confused and betrayed -- how could they do this to you? And where did all the fun go? -- you give so much, and what do you get in return?  Bad clothes, bad hair, bad behavior. Shit, whole bad seasons. The kooky become crazy. The contented become smug.  The publicity goes to their heads, and their heads go up their asses. But you stick it out, you gut through it. You come here and you argue on behalf of your housewife, because that's the way it's always been. But soon after, you notice the things you say you like about her are all in the past. And then she does something - that one thing  -- and you realize, the end is near. And that afternoon at work -- at home - on the bus - you let a post critical of your housewife slide by, without comment from you.

And then another... and another... and then you post something critical yourself.

It's over.  You're just not that into her. Now she's just a housewife that you used to know. 

LOLOL, Denial and then Acceptance.

IT'S tough when you have to 'bury' a housewife you have known and loved.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

I am going to behave myself when I am at the table (Which means I am not going to whine, make faces, pick at my food and then talk about the 'cruelty' to the animals or plants on my plate)

My son had the best reply to one of his college roommates he brought home one time after he stated that he did not like biscuits and gravy (I made them for breakfast, which, if I do say so myself, I can make really well - at least to our taste!)  I was in the adjoining room when I heard his friend say he didn't want any (being a good host, I would've fixed him something else,)  but before I could offer him anything, my son said "you will eat it, and you will like it!"   He ate it, and he liked it!  My son wasn't about to have me come in there and fix him something else, especially after the guy stayed in the shower for 45 minutes and used up the hot water!  He was not a good guest.

 

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I've seen Lu in person and can confirm that she is STUNNING in person. She's one of those people who give off a glow too. I'm not at all surprised that she has men falling at her feet everywhere she goes. 

I don't doubt that.  I've met some women in my line of work that just had that presence about them.  I can't describe it, but they were just so effortlessly glamorous and stunning.  I always felt so "less than" around them and slightly intimidated, although they didn't make me feel that way. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

My son had the best reply to one of his college roommates he brought home one time after he stated that he did not like biscuits and gravy (I made them for breakfast, which, if I do say so myself, I can make really well - at least to our taste!)  I was in the adjoining room when I heard his friend say he didn't want any (being a good host, I would've fixed him something else,)  but before I could offer him anything, my son said "you will eat it, and you will like it!"   He ate it, and he liked it!  My son wasn't about to have me come in there and fix him something else, especially after the guy stayed in the shower for 45 minutes and used up the hot water!  He was not a good guest.

And you have a GOOD son.

I was raised with a mom that told us what we were eating and if any noise was made about the meal, we were asked not to participate in the meal and to go to our rooms, I learned not to be too picky when I ate out, as a matter of fact, it pushed me to try other kinds of food/cuisine.

---

My friend was Italian and when I went to his house before we went out on the town, his mom - Concetta - would start in with the, "sit down, eat, you are NOT leaving until you eat".

"No, thank you, I just ate.....'

"Whasdamatter? you doan like 'Talian?"

Three minutes later, I was sitting at the table with a plate in front of me.

When I finished cleaning off my plate, she offer me a refill and if I declined?

"Whasdamatter? you doan like my cookin'?"

 I was going to eat, no questions asked?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/17/2017 at 3:34 PM, ChitChat said:

I give her an 'A' for effort!  As with anything in else in life, some people have a natural talent for speaking other languages fluently, and others - although they try, just can't quite get it right!  I admire anybody who can speak multiple languages.  I can't imagine how difficult that would be learning more than one apart from your own. 

 

My grandma had a silver tree with the color wheel.  We loved it!  Aw, the memories!

 

16 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

What does it say?  I grew up with fake trees. I've never had a real tree for Christmas and have no desire for one.  Some people don't do them because they travel. Others don't want to deal with the needles constantly falling off.  Others are allergic or don't like the smell. It is just a tree. It isn't an indicator that someone is evil, rude, vicious, or heartless.  It is JUST a tree!

I am a real tree person all the way, but I didn't think anything of Bethenny's tree - I thought it went with her whole chic, city girl theme. Not my taste, personally. I know lots of people who do fake trees for lots of different reasons. I couldn't care less, I love to see how different people decorate for the holidays.

1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I don't doubt that.  I've met some women in my line of work that just had that presence about them.  I can't describe it, but they were just so effortlessly glamorous and stunning.  I always felt so "less than" around them and slightly intimidated, although they didn't make me feel that way. 

This is exactly it - effortless is the word I would use to describe her look. Gorgeous.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I have!

No way am I ever eating or even trying blood pudding. Nope. Never. Hubs likes it. Don't care.  Nix. Nay. No way. 

You are missing out. I bet you that if I were to cook you a delicious boudin blanc or boudin noir, you would be asking for second!

I tricked my husband into eating tripes, kidney and balls. It is all about the sauces and presentation. ;-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, lunastartron said:

On Twitter and Andy's Then and Now show, the topic of Juanita Broaddrick/Kathleen Wiley/other alleged BC victims and, alternately, Monica Lewinsky have come up and Carole has resolutely referred to all as either "mistresses" or "Bill Clinton's affairs."

I guess one could say "rape accusers" instead of "victims" but it's still a gross conflation to me.

You have to expect this from Bethenny, Carole and Satan Andy. This is who they are.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, BBHN said:

Having manners is one thing, bullshitting is another...sometimes it is better in the long to be more honest in certain situations.

No, there is a difference between "bullshitting" and honesty, truth and lying.

Bullshitting is telling tall tales.

Honesty is a virtue

The truth will free you and

Lying is anything from the mouth of the frankelstein monster.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Bullshitting is just a form of lying.

Quote

The truth will free you

Not if you keep telling people you like their shitty food, when you really don't...

Yes, honesty is a virtue. I guess lying to spare other people's feelings might be as well. Who knows?

Edited by BBHN
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

The truth will free you and

Lying is anything from the mouth of the frankelstein monster.

So true. How can you believe anything she says.

People who are raised by wolves are notorious for barking up the wrong tree.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

You are missing out. I bet you that if I were to cook you a delicious boudin blanc or boudin noir, you would be asking for second!

I tricked my husband into eating tripes, kidney and balls. It is all about the sauces and presentation. ;-)

My wife will cook a really good meal and then pick it apart.....

"I didn't leave the veggies to cook long enough/I didn't put ------ into the dish/I was too bland."

After about 50 meals, dissected that way, I told her to look for two things.

If I don't clean my plate, It sucked

If I go back for seconds, It didn't suck.

--------

She make a chicken dim sum dish last night.

I told her, Dim sum good food you cooked last night.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Bullshitting is just a form of lying.

Not if you keep telling people you like their shitty food, when you really don't...

Yes, honesty is a virtue. I guess lying to spare other people's feelings might be as well. Who knows?

And when did that happen?

I apologize if I gave the impression that I told anyone I like a dish when I hated it.

Is it lying if you don't mention the fact that the food sucked?,

----

Or maybe I should have made faces and went on and on about something that put me off, like carole?

Again, Bullshitting is telling tall tales and talking smack.

Lying would be something like telling someone that they have a wonderful sense of humor, when in reality they are pretty bland and boring?

Like beffy and scarehole, They are tons of funny, but if we were the butt of their indifference and stupidity, we'd be aghast at their behavior?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

"Whasdamatter? you doan like 'Talian?"

Three minutes later, I was sitting at the table with a plate in front of me.

When I finished cleaning off my plate, she offer me a refill and if I declined?

"Whasdamatter? you doan like my cookin'?"

The very best! *snif!*

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, the killer said:

So true. How can you believe anything she says.

People who are raised by wolves are notorious for barking up the wrong tree.

And want people to be sniffing their buttholes as a way of introduction?

It's the "DOG" in me, that is how I know all about that move.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Carole has always been fairly straightforward about not being food driven.  She has now surrounded herself with two foodies in Adam and Bethenny.  Although I thought her idea for a book with Adam was a snore -the whole reluctant vegan thing while giving interviews on what she consumes claiming she eats hot dogs and some crepe layered cake that is anything but vegan, she has never seemed to be excited about food.  Supportive of Adam but not food in general.  I thought Carole would be all in with dim sum as a lot of it is finger food.

My husband spent a great deal of time in France.  So I thought I would accentuate some dish with herbes de provence (which contained lavender).  After a few bites he asked me what was in the stew and the herbes de provence.  He then mentioned then lavender reminded him of his grandmother's soap (not in a good way).  All I could ask is why are you eating your grandmother's soap?

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Is it lying if you don't mention the fact that the food sucked?,

By omission, I guess?

But I suppose it is lying when one eats a dish they didn't enjoy at all but still tells the chef "Yum, it was delicious!"

Quote

Or maybe I should have made faces and went on and on about something that put me off, like carole?

At least you wouldn't get invited back to have another type of food or dish you didn't enjoy...

Quote

Again, Bullshitting is telling tall tales and talking smack.

Lying would be something like telling someone that they have a wonderful sense of humor, when in reality they are pretty bland and boring?

Again, Bullshitting is just another form of lying.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, BBHN said:

By omission, I guess?

But I suppose it is lying when one eats a dish they didn't enjoy at all but still tells the chef "Yum, it was delicious!"

At least you wouldn't get invited back to have another type of food or dish you didn't enjoy...

Again, Bullshitting is just another form of lying.

Hahahahahaha,

I bowed out like a gentleman, l thanked her for inviting me in to her home and for the work she did to prepare the meal.

I think it would have been rude to have gone on about how the food sucked. Who am I to discount the work and thought she put into the meal?

I could have made faces or talked about the Noodle Workers in Noodleonia who are being abused to put out more noodles - let's all look at the video on youtube - after the meal?

Caarole and most of the rest of the cast DO NOT own one iota of common sense or manners.

They are quick to judge - Isn't gossip about lu and tom, Jason and Frenchy, and Do's old man just a form of lying?

Oh no, it's not a lie, it's gossip.

Or in Lu's case?

Saving herself from herself!

As if........

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, diadochokinesis said:

LOL. Can I just say that the constant "ya habibi" drove me crazy that trip?  Her Arabic pronunciation is worse than her French pronunciation. Plus, you don't just shout it and they were using it incorrectly.

Also, be careful around camels. They have tempers!

Maybe it has something to do with the whips?

I'm one of those horrible people who roots for the bull in a bull fight. And if elephants had kicked trainers in the head more often, they would have been phased out of circuses a century ago. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

Hahahahahaha,

I bowed out like a gentleman, l thanked her for inviting me in to her home and for the work she did to prepare the meal.

I think it would have been rude to have gone on about how the food sucked. Who am I to discount the work and thought she put into the meal?

I could have made faces or talked about the Noodle Workers in Noodleonia who are being abused to put out more noodles - let's all look at the video on youtube - after the meal?

Caarole and most of the rest of the cast DO NOT own one iota of common sense or manners.

They are quick to judge - Isn't gossip about lu and tom, Jason and Frenchy, and Do's old man just a form of lying?

Oh no, it's not a lie, it's gossip.

Or in Lu's case?

Saving herself from herself!

As if........

Has anyone ever come up with a polite way of telling the food preparer their food sucks?  I mean I always thank someone when they are kind enough to prepare the food.  I have had people tell me they have blown it (and they have) and just said, thanks for the effort.  I don't expect them to call and order a pizza or anything.

There is an appalling lack of manners displayed by this group-from getting up on dining room tables and dancing (puke), the endless list that is Ramona from sticking her fingers in the ceremonial cake, ripping lighting off the wall,  to chewing out the staff and never uttering please or thank you.  Carole eating non finger foods with her fingers and lighting a fire in someone's home without permission.  Sonja stealing the hostess' PJs, forgetting her undies and bending over and being consistently late.  Dorinda and her blither and fighting with John and walking out or restaurants.  Kelly and her "hi" drive thrus.   ,

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Carole has always been fairly straightforward about not being food driven.  She has now surrounded herself with two foodies in Adam and Bethenny.  Although I thought her idea for a book with Adam was a snore -the whole reluctant vegan thing while giving interviews on what she consumes claiming she eats hot dogs and some crepe layered cake that is anything but vegan, she has never seemed to be excited about food.  Supportive of Adam but not food in general.  I thought Carole would be all in with dim sum as a lot of it is finger food.

My husband spent a great deal of time in France.  So I thought I would accentuate some dish with herbes de provence (which contained lavender).  After a few bites he asked me what was in the stew and the herbes de provence.  He then mentioned then lavender reminded him of his grandmother's soap (not in a good way).  All I could ask is why are you eating your grandmother's soap?

I have a really rude joke, but I'll pass on it.

-----

There is a difference between being food driven (she probably Ubers to keep from cooking?) and polite?

Carole may not like what she is eating, but for fuck's sake - act like an adult or tell someone you aren't 'into' Dim Sum.

Go get a granola bar and a carrot or cucumber, Those are 'sexy' veggies?

I have seen ten year olds with better manners and bearing than most of the haus ho's - Another funny side to the story?

How much of a 'pal' is beffy if she doesn't know that carole's "food drive" ran off the road, flipped over and caught on fire?

--------------
I love to go out with my friends and have them complain, make faces and just be a bitch/bastard to me, on my dime.

Call me old-fashioned, but I kinda like when people aren't such a bunch of fuck-ups.

Rogue Haus Fraus just make me laugh and point?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Has anyone ever come up with a polite way of telling the food preparer their food sucks?  I mean I always thank someone when they are kind enough to prepare the food.  I have had people tell me they have blown it (and they have) and just said, thanks for the effort.  I don't expect them to call and order a pizza or anything.

There is an appalling lack of manners displayed by this group-from getting up on dining room tables and dancing (puke), the endless list that is Ramona from sticking her fingers in the ceremonial cake, ripping lighting off the wall,  to chewing out the staff and never uttering please or thank you.  Carole eating non finger foods with her fingers and lighting a fire in someone's home without permission.  Sonja stealing the hostess' PJs, forgetting her undies and bending over and being consistently late.  Dorinda and her blither and fighting with John and walking out or restaurants.  Kelly and her "hi" drive thrus.   ,

 

You didn't mention ANYTHING about walking into an establishment and making crude remarks to the female staff?  I find it oddly refreshing to blurt out comments about vaginas and the such, especially in an ultra-aggressive manner.

The women LOVE it.

It's better when a liberated gal like beffy pulls it off, It shows a certain panache that is uniquely hers.

Imagine the fun that Pleather DooBrow would have had with this group?

The would have ripped her "bow" off and let one of the dogs shit ON the cake?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/17/2017 at 4:42 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Speaking of Kelly

screen-shot-2017-01-02-at-11-07-01-am-mi

Can someone tell her that's not a belly ring she's been wearing all this time. It's the Butterball Turkey pop-up timer - she finished cooking about 8 years ago

I love how Dorinda is hiding behind the ladies who were either canned or will soon become  "friend of housewife".  She's no dummy!

And for gawd sake - somebody neeeds to baste that turkey in the center!

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

23 hours ago, film noire said:

 

I bet she wouldn't act the same way -- dismissive of a food tradition, impolite -- at a high end eatery serving afternoon tea, or an ice cream parlor run by WASPS.  She'd be just DARLING there.

I know I'd be just darling at an afternoon tea or ice cream parlor by wasps. My kind of food. Cucumber sandwiches, just cucumber and white bread. I lived on those as a teen. Still love them. Tiny pastries, yum!  Tiny enough so you can take about ten different varieties without looking like a total pig.  

I've never heard of a WASP ice cream parlor but it sounds like my kind of place, boring and basic. No trying to mix flowers and food!!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Lemons said:

I know I'd be just darling at an afternoon tea or ice cream parlor by wasps. My kind of food. Cucumber sandwiches, just cucumber and white bread. I lived on those as a teen. Still love them. Tiny pastries, yum!  Tiny enough so you can take about ten different varieties without looking like a total pig.  

I've never heard of a WASP ice cream parlor but it sounds like my kind of place, boring and basic. No trying to mix flowers and food!!

I like my cucumber tea sandwiches with a little butter. YUMMY!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I like my cucumber tea sandwiches with a little butter. YUMMY!

I think I'd make a Carole face if someone tried to put butter on my cucumber sandwich. 

I've never heard of blood pudding so I looked it up. It's a sausage. I thought sausage was a specific part of a pig. But then I saw chicken sausage so I am completely confused about sausage.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I love how Dorinda is hiding behind the ladies who were either canned or will soon become  "friend of housewife".  She's no dummy!

And for gawd sake - somebody neeeds to baste that turkey in the center!

Luann was smart enough to station Kelly at the Viennese Table - she was making specialty crepes for everyone

giphy.gif

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, ChitChat said:

My son had the best reply to one of his college roommates he brought home one time after he stated that he did not like biscuits and gravy (I made them for breakfast, which, if I do say so myself, I can make really well - at least to our taste!)  I was in the adjoining room when I heard his friend say he didn't want any (being a good host, I would've fixed him something else,)  but before I could offer him anything, my son said "you will eat it, and you will like it!"   He ate it, and he liked it!  My son wasn't about to have me come in there and fix him something else, especially after the guy stayed in the shower for 45 minutes and used up the hot water!  He was not a good guest.

 

 

ChitChat, you will invite me over and I will take seconds because, mmmm, biscuits and gravy. Lots of gravy, please and thank you!

Edited by steelcitysister
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I think I'd make a Carole face if someone tried to put butter on my cucumber sandwich. 

I've never heard of blood pudding so I looked it up. It's a sausage. I thought sausage was a specific part of a pig. But then I saw chicken sausage so I am completely confused about sausage.  

I made a face like Carol's when someone tried to tell me that blood pudding was sausage. I googled the recipe. :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

8 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

But probably thinks Russian Roulette is a casino game in A.C.?

-----

IF I take someone out for a bite to eat (I am picking up the tab) I'll ask them what they want to do.
I will save the 'new experiences' for someone I know I will have fun with.

If we do go out to a new place/experience? I sure as shit hope my lunch date doesn't act like a three year old with an aversion to green beans, when we hit the Green Bean Café and Bistro.

Food/meals are supposed to be a binding experience - Its kinda nice to sit down/order/sample food without someone making faces and commenting about how "NASTY" something sounds or tastes.

What ever happened to keeping your trap shut or how's about having a grown up discussion about what you don't like?

Or how's about sampling a dish/food without making a face, comment or squirming in your seat?

----

I love Pancit.

I was doing some side work for a Filipino couple and they offered to cook me lunch. I told them I liked pancit and a few days later, I was sitting at the table eating lunch with them

Now, I had discovered the dish at a pot luck and found a Filipino eatery a block away from work where I could get my fix, it was just the kind of dish I love.

When I took the first bite of the woman's dish, I knew that I didn't like it. She had made it with a sauce that I just couldn't.

I got thru the meal - that one dish was one of the top ten worst meals I have ever eaten - and it didn't kill me. As a matter of fact, I felt badly later on that I lied to her and told her the food was good.

-----

Most of the behavior I see coming from the HWs is mostly bad manners/behavior.

None of these asswipes know anything about manners....

 

 

.

 

3 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

And when did that happen?

I apologize if I gave the impression that I told anyone I like a dish when I hated it.

Is it lying if you don't mention the fact that the food sucked?,

----

Or maybe I should have made faces and went on and on about something that put me off, like carole?

Again, Bullshitting is telling tall tales and talking smack.

Lying would be something like telling someone that they have a wonderful sense of humor, when in reality they are pretty bland and boring?

Like beffy and scarehole, They are tons of funny, but if we were the butt of their indifference and stupidity, we'd be aghast at their behavior?

Confused

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Lemons said:

I've never heard of a WASP ice cream parlor 

Best seller is the gin and tonic triple scoop  ; )

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, film noire said:

Best seller is the gin and tonic triple scoop  ; )

Gin and tonic with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, yum!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Has anyone ever come up with a polite way of telling the food preparer their food sucks?

Haven't seen the epi yet, will be back to comment further when I have but I like to keep up!  Meanwhile, Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be butt holes that insult other peoples offerings of  meals.  I'm so fucken grateful when someone makes me a meal and I don't have to do it I can't imagine any comment other than thank you! Also, isn't Bethenny Jewish?  Why does she have a tree at all? Lastly, if you get bit in the ass by a camel, you probably deserve it.  Camels are like horses -  smart with good memories.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, zulualpha said:

Haven't seen the epi yet, will be back to comment further when I have but I like to keep up!  Meanwhile, Mamas don't let your babies grow up to be butt holes that insult other peoples offerings of  meals.  I'm so fucken grateful when someone makes me a meal and I don't have to do it I can't imagine any comment other than thank you! Also, isn't Bethenny Jewish?  Why does she have a tree at all? Lastly, if you get bit in the ass by a camel, you probably deserve it.  Camels are like horses -  smart with good memories.

I agree sometimes it is more about the effort than the result.  Kind of like when your child makes you a breakfast on Mothers' Day.  Maybe putting maple syrup on the eggs wasn't the best idea but you love the effort.  I think Bethenny vacillates with her religion.  I recall her saying on WWHL-she is nothing. I do think since Bryn is baptized Catholic she honors Bryn.  Who got bit by a camel?  I can only recall watching Luann get bucked by a camel.  I had to admire Luann staying on the beast. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On June 16, 2017 at 9:17 AM, Pop Tart said:

I think Dorinda wears a lot of vintage fashions and would bet that the dress that she wore to Lu's party was that. Not sure it was the right dress for the event, but didn't hate it. I do wonder if Dorinda gets fashion items from John's business in some way. Doesn't he do cleaning of high end fashion and the like? Perhaps there are clothes that never get picked up? I could definitely see D. benefiting from that kind of largesse.

Someone else upthread mentioned how Dorinda went from trashing Ramona in one scene and then in the next was having lunch with her and making fun of the wedding prep. I think Dorinda is stealth back-stabber and shit-stirrer and so far hasn't had to own either of those things. And she's a major grudge-holder, she just doesn't let it control everything she does. She remembers everything. I guarantee she will be mentioning Ramona's damaging the Berkshires bedroom for seasons to come, all while also being polite to her face. When Dorinda saw Ramona at the party after the Berkshires (think it was the art showing for Carole's friend) and made mention of the damage done to her home and Ramona blew her off, the look on Dorinda's face was "I will cut a bitch" and I knew that she will never, ever, never forget this. She has a very long memory. And she will seed comments about the event into conversations for years.

I'm not sure if Lu has had a past hookup with Frenchie, but if she did, I bet she won't throw it in Sonja's face. Lu will throw digs like the rest of them, but she does not go out of her way to dwell on anyone else's misery/mistakes in order to have a storyline for herself. Last year when she was under attack by Bethenny and Ramona and Sonja she could have gone on the offensive about their failed relationships, Mario cheating on Ramona, Bethenny's disastrous marriage to Jason, Sonja with pretty much anyone, but she didn't. She stood her ground, and yes perhaps over-extolled the wonders of Tom, but didn't dive down into tearing their worlds apart. Heck, she hasn't even used her own failed marriage with the Count as fodder for storyline. I think Lu is the opposite of Dorinda and really does not hold a grudge.

The interesting thing is they both my favs of the cast. 

Trying to catch up here, so haven't read beyond your post -- but I agree very, very much about Dorinda.  I enjoy some aspects of her, but I have seen too much "stealth" to trust her.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/16/2017 at 3:07 PM, Lemons said:

The only one who has been consistently rude to service people has been Ramona. Carole has always been polite when in public.   Her unpleasant looks were directed at the food and ice cream. She probably was unaware of how she appeared to the staff. Of course it wouldn't have killed her to say the chocolate ice cream was great while she was still in the shop.

It was funny though, how Bethany was so excited about the food and wanted Carole to have the same excitement, but Carole response was like, "yea, it's chocolate ice cream". Kind of like, what do you want me to say? Calm down. 

Which is strange since she is supposed to be so up Beth's ass. If she was trying to impress, or be the "cool girl" so Beth would love her more, seems like she would have given Beth the reaction she thought would please, vs. just saying what she actually thinks. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lemons said:

I think I'd make a Carole face if someone tried to put butter on my cucumber sandwich. 

I've never heard of blood pudding so I looked it up. It's a sausage. I thought sausage was a specific part of a pig. But then I saw chicken sausage so I am completely confused about sausage.  

Ooh!  I know this one!  Well, sorta.  LOL. 

So, there are a ton of sausage substitutes for various reasons.  For some, it is because they believe that pork isn't healthy (whatever, more bacon for me). Others, it is for religious reasons (Muslims and Jews don't eat pork). I live in the Middle East so sausage substitutes are very popular. Chicken sausage is gross, IMO. Beef sausage isn't bad--if they get the seasoning right. I can't do veal sausage because I just can't eat veal. It is a baby!  It hurts my heart. We also have beef bacon and veal bacon.  You don't really see turkey bacon (not a lot of turkeys of the feather variety over here). 

26 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Which is strange since she is supposed to be so up Beth's ass. If she was trying to impress, or be the "cool girl" so Beth would love her more, seems like she would have given Beth the reaction she thought would please, vs. just saying what she actually thinks. 

And it is reactions like that one that make the whole "Carole is up Bethenny's ass" argument fall apart. Like you said, if she really was that friend that just went along with Bethenny to get in her favor, then she would have acted completely different at the restaurant and ice cream shop. I think she is more just a friend that clicked with Bethenny and gets her.  I think it is probably one of the few true friendships across all the franchises. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size