Type keyword(s) to search

Big Little Roles: The Cast and Crew of BLL

• Start Topic

There was talk about the cast's other roles sprinkled throughout the episode discussions, so I thought it might be good to have a separate thread to talk about their work outside of Big Little Lies. Feel free to discuss any past or future projects of the cast and crew here!

Zoe Kravitz discusses the film Rough Night on Build with her other castmates (Kate McKinnon, Jillian Bell, Ilana Glazer) and the film's cowriter Paul Downs:

Has anyone read Reese Witherspoon's new book Whiskey in a Teacup? I saw that she was doing a small tour in September to promote it, but none of the cities were anywhere near me. I'm thinking about getting the book for my sister for Christmas because she loves Reese but I haven't had a chance to go to the bookstore and flip through it yet.

35 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Attractive woman. Ugly dress.

Agreed. I just don't get this fashion trend of the past several years of "Let's expose as much of a woman's chest as possible without showing her nipples" as even remotely attractive or sexy.  Cleavage exposed through a super deep V neckline or a backless gown; to me that's sexy and generally beautiful. This wide open look just screams "Look at me! Pay attention to me!" Angelina Jolie proved that you can get WAY more attention with a strategic, high leg slit than with these fashions that say, "I'd walk the carpet naked, but they won't let me, so here's the next best thing." 

Also, I'm not directing this only at Zoe Kravitz. This is becoming the red carpet norm and I'm sick of it.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Agreed. I just don't get this fashion trend of the past several years of "Let's expose as much of a woman's chest as possible without showing her nipples" as even remotely attractive or sexy.  Cleavage exposed through a super deep V neckline or a backless gown; to me that's sexy and generally beautiful. This wide open look just screams "Look at me! Pay attention to me!" Angelina Jolie proved that you can get WAY more attention with a strategic, high leg slit than with these fashions that say, "I'd walk the carpet naked, but they won't let me, so here's the next best thing." 

Also, I'm not directing this only at Zoe Kravitz. This is becoming the red carpet norm and I'm sick of it.

Yes. This trend of showing breasts has gone too far. There are many other sexy body parts on a woman. Such as, shoulders, back, legs. 

Yeah, we get it ladies.....you have breasts. Some fake, some not. It's boring. But guys like it so I guess it's not a "trend". It's what the majority wants. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I will say in Zoe's defense that almost everyone dresses ugly for the Met Gala. The fashion for that occasion is supposed to push the envelope, rather than be attractive/flattering. I see no use for that kind of fashion myself, but I like having a laugh once a year while scrolling through the Met Gala red carpet photos and playing "which celebrity looks the most stupid".

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Nicole Kidman & Meryl Streep will star in the Netflix adaptation of the Broadway musical The Prom

Ryan Murphy will direct and produce a feature adaptation of the Tony-nominated musical The Prom for Netflix, and he has announced the cast for the film. The Prom will star Meryl Streep, and James Corden, with Awkwafina, Keegan-Michael Key and Andrew Rannells in key roles.

Streep will play Dee Dee Allen, a two-time Tony winner who teams with Corden's Barry Glickman in a flop musical about Eleanor Roosevelt. After career-ending reviews, they decide - along with Broadway babies Kidman as Angie Dickinson and Rannells (Book of Mormon) as Trent Oliver - to champion a cause to rehabilitate their careers. They find one in Emma, a high school senior in Indiana who isn't allowed to take her girlfriend to The Prom.

Awkwafina will play the group's publicist Ms. Sheldon, and Key will play Streep's love interest and Emma's ally, Principal Hawkins.

Murphy will begin directing the film adaptation in December, for a fall 2020 awards season release in theaters before it airs on Netflix.

The Prom recently announced that it will have its last dance on Broadway August 11th.

(edited)

I just realized that Zoe Kravitz's dad is Martin Donovan who was in Hal Hartley indie movies from the 90's. Also starring Adrienne Shelley from Waitress

Edited by Soobs