Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Storm-y Weather

• Start Topic

once the authorities found out that Humps was dead, the whole thing would probably have been scraped anyway so it all was probably futile from the beginning. 

Yes but if the "negotiators" hadn't screwed around so long and wasted time on things like Flaming Cheetos and Takis, they would have settled this in time to save the guard's life. He didn't actually die until towards the end. I can't  blame Taystee  100% because nobody did an adequate job of explaining to her that nobody present had the power to have Bayley arrested and that was something that was going to take time to investigate. But Taystee and her "crew" had a terrible read on how things were going down, and did a terrible job of keeping track of their hostages, and the guard that was shot. She just seemed blithely unaware of the realities of her situation, like she had all the time in the world to wait this out.

• Love 1
On 6/10/2017 at 6:52 PM, Armchair Critic said:

It's been so long since I watched the first few seasons that unfortunately I forgot some of the backstories. 

They said they were 10 prisoners short but it was actually 11 because they counted Linda. I wonder if the Asian woman will get away, I love how she notices everything that goes on but she just blends into the background. How long can Pennsatucky play house with her boyfriend the guard? If she is in the guard's house it's just a matter of time before more of them come back.

I thought it should have been 12, because there were 10 in the pool, the Asian woman escaped and so did Doggett. 

Did I miss something? What happened to Burset? She was in some of the early episodes and was helping in the medical facility, but then just sort of disappeared.

On 6/12/2017 at 0:28 PM, NoWhammies said:

This is the first episode that actually hooked me and pulled me in. Yeah - Suzanne's crazy can be difficult to watch, but Uzo Aduba knocks it out of the park. She's a fantastic actress. And there wasn't much of the meth heads in this one, so that was a good thing, as well. Overall, I've been pretty meh on the season until this episode. Hoping they get it together for next year.

I feel like this episode gives the producers a chance for somewhat of a total reboot of the show. They can choose which characters may be sent to other facilities and taken out of the show, and which stay together as "Litchfield". With the potential for a bunch of characters leaving, they have the ability to introduce new characters to the show as well, and certainly, in the case of guards, will definitely be introducing new characters, I would think. Plus, they can use the riot as having changed some of the characters personalities somewhat because of everything that happened. It's going to be interesting to see how they rework things for next season.

• Love 2

Just finished watching all 13 episodes.

The guards said, 10 inmates were missing, the 10 at the Pool.

Linda got Pensatucky's spot, how about Chang? 

I got worried when Piper talked about the guard Alex killed while Piscatella was listening, and then he got killed at the end. :/

22 minutes ago, ChuckHixson said:

I thought it should have been 12, because there were 10 in the pool, the Asian woman escaped and so did Doggett. 

Did I miss something? What happened to Burset? She was in some of the early episodes and was helping in the medical facility, but then just sort of disappeared.

She got out (to go to max and see sister) but sister is not in max anymore, she is ill, compassionate release?

4 hours ago, ChuckHixson said:

I answered this same exact question three posts above yours. She didn't disappear. They showed her going to max. 

I really didn't expect Piscatella to eat it, but it is somewhat poetic that he gets accidentally killed by a group being as over-the-top militant as he's always been. I don't think his backstory was meant to make us feel for him; for me, it made me more prepared to see how far he'd go torturing Red and Red's family. I wouldn't have thought he'd go there, and I originally thought he was trying to take out all the inmates one-by-one singlehandedly to retake the prison. Nope: revenge game.

The last moment was beautifully done, but I didn't enjoy this season as much as last year's, which was one of the best for sure. Flaritza were actually a highlight for me this year, and many individual performances were great, but I didn't understand why most of the inmates behaved as they did, switching allegiances all over the place. So overall performances, Flaritza, the inexplicable chemistry between Caputo and Figueroa, Frieda's badassery, the talent show, and the opening two episodes were the reasons I'd watch this season again. Definitely not for the Piper/Alex relationship and dear god, the methheads needs to go.

• Love 3
On 6/14/2017 at 6:56 AM, plurie said:

The announcer at the bus station mispronounced "Albany." It's ALLbany not ALbany.

Hah.  I caught that too.  As a Long Island native, that hurt my ears. Lol

• Like 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Fury said:

Hah.  I caught that too.  As a Long Island native, that hurt my ears. Lol

I'm also a LI native (well, actually Brooklyn, but we moved to Bethpage when I was 7).

• Love 1

I was born in and grew up around Albany, and I completely missed the mispronunciation because my brain was screaming "Dude, if you can take a bus towards or away from Albany, away is always the wise choice".

I finished the season today and am ready to write the whole season off as one Very Special Episode (or one of those Christmas specials British shows sometimes throw in between seasons) and pick up the next one basically where the last one left off. 

(edited)

You know, I cant stand the meth heads, but I do appreciate that they gave them a couple of sincere moments in the end. Especially when Leanne saw her mom in the crowd at the end. I'm still totally over them and think they've overstayed their welcome, but its nice that they actually gave them a moment of actual depth. Something this show always did was take seemingly joke characters and give them depth and treat them like humans, so it was nice to see them have one alright moment.

Aren't swat teams trained to deal with situations like this? Why is it that, all of the sudden, every security or corrections officer is a psychopath or an idiot? It wasn't  always like this, the guards in the past seasons before Piscetellas guards weren't that bad. Besides Porenstache, they were pretty competent and reasonable, or at least normal people doing a job. They can make their point about the horrible flaws of the prison system without making everyone involved so awful and violent.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2
On 6/18/2017 at 10:18 PM, Bubbles1967 said:

Although I understood her reasoning, Tasty shouldn't have taken it upon herself to be the sole decision maker. Yes what happened to Poussey was horrible. But what they said was reasonable.  They had to investigate.   Otherwise all their other demands would have been met.   Truth be told, justice for Poussey meant more to her than to anyone else.

This is the thing that upset me most. All of the inmates will end up much worse off because of Taystee refusing to accept the state's concessions. Even if we assume that the state would drag their heels or totally renege on some of the reforms that they agreed to, things could have improved to some degree, and at least the inmates would not have faced the brutal treatment of the SWAT team.

Does anyone know what happened to the male nurse? Last I remember he was put in a porta-potty. 

• Love 1

Even though it had some hiccups and I didn't love all the storyline developments, I enjoyed this season tremendously and it is hard to wrap my head around that this all went down in a 3 day time span.

Small thing but it seemed weird that law enforcement didn't surround the building to make sure prisoners weren't escaping out the back. Seemed weird that tucky and Chang could just leave through the hole in the fence while literal SWAT teams and tons of cops sat with their thumb up their asses out front. 

• Love 5

I wouldn't mind a reset with just the "pool" group, most of whom are the main core of the show anyway. I would like Pennsatucky back though, as well as Boo. Most of the rest I could do without. All I thought of at the end is that we were looking at the Season 6 cast. 

I think that the season redeemed itself the last 4 episodes. 

• Love 1
On 9/23/2017 at 3:45 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

I wouldn't mind a reset with just the "pool" group, most of whom are the main core of the show anyway. I would like Pennsatucky back though, as well as Boo. Most of the rest I could do without. All I thought of at the end is that we were looking at the Season 6 cast. 

I think that the season redeemed itself the last 4 episodes. 

I agree with you. These are the ones that I'm most invested in. I gotta have my Boo snark. Letting Pennsatucky stay in the guard house without being discovered would be a mistake.