Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Boys Gone Wild

• Start Topic

Thomas agrees to let Kathryn do a photo shoot with Kensie, but their situation becomes impossible to ignore. Plus, Craig and Naomie question their relationship, and friendships are tested when Chelsea informs Austen of a late-night encounter with Shep.

Ugh, Landon.  Her dad's not asking her to give up "her dreams," he's just telling her that she needs to pay her bills.  

Shep is shady and slimey and he'll be Thomas in about ten years.

Was Thomas drunk in that first scene with JD?  He was slurring his words so much they had to use subtitles when he was speaking.  

• Love 19
(edited)

What's Chelsea's game? First she tells Shep that she and Austen just hang out, no big deal - then seems shocked when Shep hits on her and reports him to Austen?!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Was Thomas drunk in that first scene with JD?  He was slurring his words so much they had to use subtitles when he was speaking.

He was eating fries. The camera caught it once, but not the entire time.

• Love 1

Kathryn needs to look in the mirror, or watch some reruns. Cameran is making an effort to be nice to her and all she can say is "Whatever"??? No, Cameran, you don't offer an alcoholic a drink.

Shep, you are not looking good, bro.

• Love 14

Oh good lord Craig, JUST BE QUIET. Nobody wants to hear your whining, sure as hell not me. You add nothing to the scenes you are in. Why are you on this show? Please just get in the Milan and drive off my television screen. Take your sewing machine with you. Get a job. 

• Love 12

I would rather jab needles in my eyes than watch Craig and Naomie in "therapy."  Of    course I'm down with it if Naomie would shit talk Craig in French. Actually, could Naomie just speak French in all her scenes? I would understand literally nothing but to know she was talking shit about Craig would gladden my little black heart.

• Love 10

Craig and Shep were my faves back in the day.  Now?  God they suck.  Shep is a total ass.  And Craig is a giant baby.  Oh.  Landon still sucks too.  In a cast with Thomas, Whitney, and Kathryn, it says a lot that they suck worse at this point.

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't believe I have ever said, nor do I believe anyone I know has ever said, "we smooched."  Must be another one of those southern quirks.  

Couldn't Landon do her webste "job" part time and still have time to do the job her father offered her?

And, no Cameran, you should definitely not offer Kathryn a drink.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 9

If any of the crap about Shep is real, he's got a drinking problem.  He's another one who needs to actually have a real job.

Cannot stand Landon.  She's not a real beauty, and she'd definitely not smart.  Who would start up a website and not check to see if that site name has been used already?  Would you not have legal counsel to guide you through incorporating or trademarking your site?  What a moron.  She really deserves Thomas.

Why anyone in their right mind would consider getting together with Thomas is beyond me.  There's not enough money for that hot mess.  Landon, again, you're a moron.  You're not penalizing him for being with Kathryn.  If anything, you should be "penalizing" him for his total behavior - convicted felon, being an asshole to the mother of his children, acting like a teenager in heat when he's 50 years old or pushing 50, etc.

It's really bad when Whitney seems one of the more reasonable people on the show.

Craig, if I came home from working a 10 hour day and your sorry ass was still in bed asleep, your belongings would be packed or thrown onto the front lawn.  Trading in Asian markets my ass. 

• Love 15

Really Cam?  Should you offer Kathryn a drink?  Clueless.  At least Chelsea got it.

Kensie wanting to go with her mom was tough.  I don't think it was editing or fabrication.  The child may have been tired but she wanted to go with her mom.  She's old enough to know which car is which.  It was hard to watch.  And I think both TRav and Kathryn were sincerely upset.  I also don't think that there was manipulation going on when she went to the other car.  I don't think Kathryn or TRav are that 'sick' to let that happen.

Sorry Shep but you need some maturity.  You're not in college anymore and when a friend is interested or hanging out with someone, that doesn't give you a free pass.  Grow up.  Chelsea may be playing a bit of a game but you don't do that.  You're in your thirties now.

Yep Cam, you need to stay out of it.

Landon's dad tried to give her a reality check.  Landon should be appreciative that her father gave her such a lucrative one and take it.  You're not going to make that kind of money with your so called website that you still can't figure a name for.  Seems like dad is ready to cut the cord with supplementing his daughter.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

All the $$$ Shep has and he can't do anything with that rat's nest on tope of his head.  Love how Craig's piling on Shep and Whitney's just sitting there enjoying it all.

I mean, it's not like he isn't striving for a showmance with a hairdresser or anything.

oh, wait...

• Love 8

I saw that Shep has been spotted in NJ hanging out at bars on the beach. It's been reported that he is very friendly and seems intelligent.

I thought Kathryn looked great. t-Rav is 54 and loaded with lots of connections. Whitney is 49, Cameron is 33. I mention this because of all the hate Kathryn gets she is 24 with two kids. Give her a break.

• Love 17
(edited)

Is Horseteeth getting a bad edit?  Mmmm, not sure.  I'm suspicious Cheltsie is a shit-stirrer.  Still, if he made totally unwanted advances on her, that's pretty vile.  And btw, Horseteeth, if you had sexually assaulted Cheltsie, saying you were drunk would not have been ANY defense.  Horseteeth is just so entitled, it's truly repulsive.  God, I find him so gross.

The one that's really annoying me is Cams.  So she's Charleston's resident yenta/budinski?  Back off from Horseteeth, Cams.  If he wants to get drunk every nite & bang all the young idiot chicks who wanna get to his wallet & sleep all day, that's his business.  Take care of your own shit, Cams & back away from the drunk mess that is Horseteeth.

Still say Naomie is a bitch & mean, mean, mean.  So if you think Craigie is such a loser, then why the hell are you still with him?  Is it to be on this show?  Be straight with us, mean girl!  Look, I'm not a Craigie fan at all.  He's a liar & a generally shady character, who's shown himself to be lazy & shifty.  But I thought it was interesting her commenting on him sleeping all day.  Uh, isn't that what Horseteeth does?  According to Naomie, that's loser behavior.  Wonder if Craigie is emulating Horseteeth.  I don't care for the way Naomie puts him down.  It sucks.  You don't do that to a partner.  And saying his sleeping all day is loser behavior, without trying to understand what's behind this?  Ugh, she's just so damn mean. 

Wow, Whitney looks really terrible.  Why is that?  Is it age or is he a big boozer like Horseteeth & Thom-ass?  Sheesh, all these dudes look like shit.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 22
(edited)
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Ugh, Landon.  Her dad's not asking her to give up "her dreams," he's just telling her that she needs to pay her bills.  

12 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I can barely stand Landon at this point.  I do not see her spending even 40 hours per week on her hokey travel site or blog or whatever it's suppose to be.  Most people trying a business start-up work 60+ hours a week for years if not forever.  Considering she used the show to publicize a site with a name and domain that was already taken is unbelievable.  She clearly isn't very business savvy and either are the people working with her.  

She said she loved real estate and architecture.  She should jump on that opportunity from her father and she should still have time to develope her site.  What a moron.

Landon manages to combine all of the laziness of Craig and Tom Schwartz with all of the petulant entitlement of a snotty 16 year old, so ummm Whitney. Wah wah my dreams. If Roam/Trovare/Orbits/Travel-a-city or whatever dumb name that she came up with for her stupid site was soooooooo important, then perhaps she could have secured the domain before having her launch party. Of course she's too dumb to realize that she could work on her website while supervising at the construction site as long as she has a mobile hotspot.

Shep tried this pulling a girl into another room and kissing her bullshit in season 1. Back then, he invited every girl he was dating, except Danni, to Whitney's 4th of July party. He then grabbed Danni, pulled her into an alcove, and made out with her. It's all so shitty of him to hit on the woman his friend is dating. I'm glad the cameras caught him being a snob. 

If Naomie really did make up that Pescatarian Episcopalian joke, I'd be so pissed that I'd walk the eff out. That's fucking traitorous. It means you fundamentally cannot trust your partner to not sandbag or gaslight you.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 18
(edited)
3 hours ago, Emmeline said:

I can barely stand Landon at this point.  I do not see her spending even 40 hours per week on her hokey travel site or blog or whatever it's suppose to be.  Most people trying a business start-up work 60+ hours a week for years if not forever.  Considering she used the show to publicize a site with a name and domain that was already taken is unbelievable.  She clearly isn't very business savvy and either are the people working with her.  

She said she loved real estate and architecture.  She should jump on that opportunity from her father and she should still have time to develope her site.  What a moron.

Landon sure wouldn't want to spend every day actually working on that construction site or anywhere else.  How would she be able to rooooammmm?  How could she go out with Thomas and her friends and whatever else she does all day?

Edited by izabella
  • Love 15

I saw that Shep has been spotted in NJ hanging out at bars on the beach. It's been reported that he is very friendly and seems intelligent.

Shep may as well be an intact golden retriever. Friendly, intelligent, humps everything.

There’s a reason people love goldens but good luck finding one that’s loyal to you and not just as eager to run off with the next person (woman) down the street. (no offense to golden owners)

I feel for Craig because I can relate to his sleep schedule. I know how difficult it can be to find a partner that understands it. Some people just function better when they keep unconventional hours, and it is possible to be productive at night.

If sleeping all day automatically makes someone lazy then third shift workers would all be “lazy”.

If he’s doing what he needs to do and has structured his life to be able to do his work at night, then Naomi needs to let the boy sleep when he wants. He’s an adult. Pretty sure he was probably sleeping till noon when she met him, this isn’t new.

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, rideashire said:

If he’s doing what he needs to do and has structured his life to be able to do his work at night, then Naomi needs to let the boy sleep when he wants. He’s an adult. Pretty sure he was probably sleeping till noon when she met him, this isn’t new.

Naomi stated this very clearly, if that is the schedule he keeps it doesn't work for her so they shouldn't be together. He has the right to keep that schedule, though he has been fired for it, but she has the right to not want a partner with that schedule.

• Love 16
(edited)
8 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Naomi stated this very clearly, if that is the schedule he keeps it doesn't work for her so they shouldn't be together. He has the right to keep that schedule, though he has been fired for it, but she has the right to not want a partner with that schedule.

Absolutely, if it bugs her that much to want to leave then she has the right to do so. I am surprised she's stayed as long as she has because clearly they fight about it a lot and it bothers her enough to keep nagging at him. But judging by wwhl they're still together so maybe craig is waking up at the asscrack of dawn for her now.

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 3

Shep, Shep, Shep... not a good look for him tonight. Cameron's right, he does feel entitled. And the fact that he went after Naomie  as well and that this seems to be a pattern for him? Yuck.

Chelsea, idk, I've never warmed up to her. It's pretty obvious she doesn't really want Austin or Shep but she knows it's her storyline for the show. 

Craig and Naomie seem like they made a pact to bring the drama this season, but Craig wasn't expecting her to be so good at it. That pescatarian thing was just dumb. I hope it was scripted/planned, if not, he should dump her for that alone.  

The only thing I believe is real on this show is that Craig and Shep deep down detest each other but pretend everything is all good on the surface. 

• Love 10

A friend of mine was in the right place, right time when the parking lot scene was filmed. Kensie was tired and running all over the place. Kathryn screamed at her to calm the fuck down (her words), and Kensie began trying to hide from her. Thomas is telling Kathryn to calm down and she goes off on him. That's what happened that got cut out. I love how editing makes it seem like something else entirely. Kathryn's a good actress, I'll give her that.

Chelsea has now shown her true colors. She wants guys fighting over her. She wants Austen to 'go after' Shep. Shep isn't looking good in the meantime, and yes, I do believe he has a drinking problem. When Cameran suggested maybe he stop drinking, he wanted none of that.

Cam is getting a taste of her own shit-stirring, that stuff always comes back to smack you in the face.

I still wanna know who the guy in the green sweater was with the guys in the bar.

• Love 18

I don't care if Craig and Naomi stay together.

But they better remain civil to each other for the sake of Gizmo.

In my mind, I refer to this show as Gizmo Charm.  Because he IS the only charming being on this show.  Every human is annoying in some way, but not the cat.

• Love 22
6 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Still say Naomie is a bitch & mean, mean, mean.  So if you think Craigie is such a loser, then why the hell are you still with him?  Is it to be on this show?  Be straight with us, mean girl!  Look, I'm not a Craigie fan at all.  He's a liar & a generally shady character, who's shown himself to be lazy & shifty.  But I thought it was interesting her commenting on him sleeping all day.  Uh, isn't that what Horseteeth does?  According to Naomie, that's loser behavior.  Wonder if Craigie is emulating Horseteeth.  I don't care for the way Naomie puts him down.  It sucks.  You don't do that to a partner.  And saying his sleeping all day is loser behavior, without trying to understand what's behind this?  Ugh, she's just so damn mean. 

Thank you for this.  I can't stand Naomie.  She's the type of person who wants the frame rather than the picture.  She wants a man who's a LAWYER or a DOCTOR; I think to her the title is more important, the outside is more important than the inside.  She could have said, "Craig,  I'm worried about you, I'm afraid you might be depressed."  That's showing compassion.  If she doesn't want him, then kick his ass out; but don't put the man down.  What a witch.

I am not too angry at Cameron when she asked if they should offer Kathryn a drink.  A lot of people don't get alcoholism, they think, "oh you just drink too much."  I just thought Cameron was ignorant and I was glad Chelsea set her straight.

• Love 14

The next time Shep wants to manhandle every women who strikes his fancy he should be locked in a closet with a feral, coked up Kathryn and Landon until he understands what he has done.

Or Kathryn has eviscerated him, whichever comes first......

• Love 8

I wish they would have left the scene with Kensie on the cutting room floor.   It kills me to see my son cry when I leave for work....this was something altogether different.

I think Shep's entire storyline is just a setup for his new show.   He's single, drinking too much, unhappy, etc.... I still like Shep and find him much more interesting than Craig.   

I'm sure many will disagree, but I just don't get a couple as young as Craig and Naomi being in therapy.  They're not engaged/married....cut your losses and move on before you truly do completely hate each other.  Maybe they stay together for Gizmo.

Cameran is meddling, but I give her credit for owning her involvement in Shep's pursuit of Chelsea.   And Austin's outrage was somewhat silly due to his admission that he and Chelsea were not serious.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

A friend of mine was in the right place, right time when the parking lot scene was filmed. Kensie was tired and running all over the place. Kathryn screamed at her to calm the fuck down (her words), and Kensie began trying to hide from her. Thomas is telling Kathryn to calm down and she goes off on him. That's what happened that got cut out. I love how editing makes it seem like something else entirely. Kathryn's a good actress, I'll give her that.

Chelsea has now shown her true colors. She wants guys fighting over her. She wants Austen to 'go after' Shep. Shep isn't looking good in the meantime, and yes, I do believe he has a drinking problem. When Cameran suggested maybe he stop drinking, he wanted none of that.

Cam is getting a taste of her own shit-stirring, that stuff always comes back to smack you in the face.

I still wanna know who the guy in the green sweater was with the guys in the bar.

Thanks for the info in bold.   Whatever happened was inexcusable.  You don't set up a young child that way.  Why was the door to the wrong vehicle opened allowing her to get inside?  That's cruel to me.  Manipulation for the cameras involving children is disgusting.  Children love their parents and they have no idea if they are stable, safe or fit.  

I hope the photo shoot was more about just getting some mommy/daughter photos and not a real job thing for Kensie.  Hopefully, they will show good times when Kensie is older and looks at them. 

I agree with some above who say that they are apprehensive about Chelsea.  Man, she sure did get a lot of scenes last night.  I feel she's stepping into Cameron's role.  Watch out!  I just got the impression that she's playing Shep and Austen against each other.  She's too chicken ship to say outright that she's in a RELATIONSHIP with Austen, but, she gets offended when another man comes on to her.  Well.....which is it?  It made me believe that maybe there was some smooching going on that night when Shep came to Chelsea's house that we didn't see.  Whatever happened, it seems Shep got the wrong signal from her....or did he?  I'm about 2 seconds away from distrusting her.   And hey, I'm not impressed with Shep either.  I sense that Cameron has seriously misjudged this guy.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I hate to say it, but I think Chelsea is enjoying toying with Shep. She never out and out tells him "you and I are just friends."  She just leaves him thinking she and Austen are very casual  and that she's loosy goosey with relationships and labels. I don't know. I guess he's thinking he's a romantic by going out on a limb and kissing Chelsea.  I don't think he's used to being turned down before.

Austen is cute trying to give Chelsea what he think she wants with his trucker hat and plaid shirt.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Ahhh............thanks for that!

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I agree with some above who say that they are apprehensive about Chelsea.  Man, she sure did get a lot of scenes last night.  I feel she's stepping into Cameron's role.  Watch out!  I just got the impression that she's playing Shep and Austen against each other.  She's too chicken ship to say outright that she's in a RELATIONSHIP with Austen, but, she gets offended when another man comes on to her.  Well.....which is it?  It made me believe that maybe there was some smooching going on that night when Shep came to Chelsea's house that we didn't see.  Whatever happened, it seems Shep got the wrong signal from her....or did he?  I'm about 2 seconds away from distrusting her.   And hey, I'm not impressed with Shep either.  I sense that Cameron has seriously misjudged this guy.  

36 minutes ago, zenme said:

I hate to say it, but I think Chelsea is enjoying toying with Shep. She never out and out tells him "you and I are just friends."  She just leaves him thinking she and Austen are very casual  and that she's loosy goosey with relationships and labels. I don't know. I guess he's thinking he's a romantic by going out on a limb and kissing Chelsea.  I don't think he's used to being turned down before.

Austen is cute trying to give Chelsea what he think she wants with his trucker hat and plaid shirt.

I think there's more going on to Chelsea and Austen's relationship than they've let on - you don't do a meeting the parents if it was just a casual thing for both of them. I think they have BOTH played coy about their relationship, not just Chelsea. Which is perfectly fine. It's their right, and they don't owe anyone any explanation about the status of their relationship except to each other.

Which brings me to what happened to Shep. He's full of shit, an entitled predator and he fucking knows it and he's proud to be one to provoke people. Whatever "signals" Chelsea and Austen might have given him about their relationship is completely irrelevant. He clearly knows there's something going on between the two of them, have slept together, go together in events, and have been out together more than he and Chelsea ever did, and yet he still went for it fully aware of the fact that all it will do is just piss off Austen, and not because he genuinely likes Chelsea. As a 37 year old and not a 15 year old, he should have the good sense to stay away, whatever his friends' relationship is. It is eerily similar to what Craig said in an earlier episode where he tried to move on Naomi while fully knowing she came as Craig's date to his party. Austen was at the same bar when he made his move. High road my ass. He has nothing except for money and pseudo-intellectualism. He has no decency, manners, and good sense at all. Give me someone who treats women as a person and not a trophy to win over someone who's read every book of David Foster Wallace (like he always brags) Chelsea had him pegged right that he's an entitled pig who had grown up thinking he can get away with anything and get whatever he wants at whatever cost.

And honestly, I don't see whatever misleading signals Chelsea gave him. She said she doesn't want to get married, doesn't want a serious relationship, but at the same time said she does want to be committed to one person and not be sleeping around. She said she goes out with Austen whenever they can. So there is a relationship there, maybe not just your typical romantic relationship but she is with him. And pig as he is, he has no concept of boundaries and will move on like a bitch to any shiny toy he sees. I honestly don't see how this guy has any real friends except for drinking buddies who he spends money on. 

And really?! "So? I don't remember." Man, that would really hold up as a good defense in court for sexual assault.

Major Bigtime, guy in green shirt is Beau. He was in an earlier season as Landon's date to an event.

As an aside, I'm sad they only had Patricia's party as a flashback. I would love to have seen more of that.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 17
(edited)

I've been an old married lady for 10 years, but I always thought that going on outings regularly with someone and having a sexual relationship implied "dating." Obviously they are more casual and not in a relationship, but why the semantics over the word "dating"? 

I'm no big Landon fan, but I was a little impressed with her turning down her father's job offer because she wants to do something on her own that's not handed to her. Then I remembered last year when she was hitting her dad up for money for one of her "projects," and that turned it back around for me.

ETA: that scene from the bar in Charlotte where  Shep told Austen that Chelsea was slumming it with him was brutal! And Thomas was laughing right along. 

Edited by Mar78
  • Love 5