Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Conspiracy Weary

Liv and Blaine come to the rescue of one of their own. They consume the brains of a conspiracy theorist and paranoia ensues. Meanwhile, as they continue to search for conspiracy theories that may or may not exist, Liv researches Major's new friend. Finally, Ravi makes a surprising discovery of his own.

Promo:

• Love 2

This group sucks at making romantic liaisons! 
Peyton & Blaine, Ravi & Rachel, Major & Shawna, Liv & her dead boyfriends!

I'm pretty sure Chase planted the guns for Justin to find. 

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

This group sucks at making romantic liaisons! 
Peyton & Blaine, Ravi & Rachel, Major & Shawna, Liv & her dead boyfriends!

I'm pretty sure Chase planted the guns for Justin to find. 

Absolutely planted. And I wish that our gang would stop letting their romantic stuff get it  the way. They might even realize what Filmore Graves is up to. I'm still not cool with them turning kids.

I can't believe it took this long for an A Team joke.

• Love 1

I think I could have watch an entire episode of just Clive dealing with Liv, Blaine AND Don E on "conspirator" brains.  The two scenes we did get was the best, especially the "three-way vision."  But it really felt like Clive was the annoyed dad to three rambling children, who just keep saying stupid shit.  Malcolm Goodwin is the gift that keeps on giving!  Although, I think they might be onto something about Tom Cruise being a zombie.....

Both Major and Ravi really do seem to have the worst luck with girlfriends.  Shawna ends up posting a bunch of stuff online of Major without his knowledge, in order to try and get people to see a "different side" of him, only for everyone to just think he's trying to cash in on his fifteen minutes of fame.  And then it turns out Rachel was a reporter, who used Ravi to write a story about the zombie outbreak.  Oh, you two.  You're better off just playing video games with each other (er... not an euphemism?)

Harley might be a violent nut-job, but I definitely think Chase and Fillmore Graves actually planted the guns.  Of course, I wonder if him becoming a zombie will change anything.

Bacarus wins the mayorship, getting them a zombie mayor, but now Peyton and Liv think he is the one who the dominatrix killer was working for, and was bribing the guy by turning his daughter.  Uh oh!

Really thought they were going to blow up Justin there for a second.  Still have a bad feeling he won't make out of this season alive.   

• Love 10

Ravi’s reaction when he saw Liv, Blaine, & Don E eating that guy’s brain made me LMAO

“That’s my roommate’s sex fort”

“Did we just have a three way?”

What’s with the glasses Axel?, What’s with the skin, Liv?”

I’m completely lost with the zombie mayor/guy killed in prison plot.

Why would Clive & Liv go down the tunnel without backup or telling anyone where they were going? That’s really stupid.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, GaT said:

I’m completely lost with the zombie mayor/guy killed in prison plot.

Yeah, I'm lost too and I'm not at all sure two episodes are going to be enough to unravel it for me. I'm assuming since Fillmore-Graves was supporting Baracus' run and Wexler's daughter and her friend were eating the brain paste that it will all loop back to them but I'm not sure how.

And is the daughter also getting brains somewhere else because she had a vision and I thought the paste was supposed to prevent that? 

• Love 3

There's just way too many plot threads this season, and they have barely wrapped even a couple of them up. I don't know how they'll do it in the next two episodes, so I'm betting it'll be a Filmore Graves Did It situation. They really didn't have a plan this season; I hope they have one next season.

It wasn't all bad. Liv, Blaine, and Don E. on conspirator brain was quite fun, and none of them annoyed me with it.

Ok, so plot hole in this season already: daughter is having visions, and we've seen her eating brain paste. Unless she's also getting fresh brains, we already know from early this season that brain paste doesn't cause visions. 

Since we've barely met Shawna and Rachel and we don't know anything about them, it's no surprise that both turned out to not be great. I wish Rachel had been, because I was starting to like the idea of her and Ravi together. But Shawna only showed up two episodes ago, her and Major fooled around last episode, and he broke up with her this episode. It felt like a waste of time, unless she's showing up in the next two episodes to reveal that she's been working for Filmore Graves or some other company that'll be the Big Bad for next season. 

Ravi gets handed the Stupid Stick for telling a complete stranger everything about zombies. 

I had a feeling that Harley would eventually become a zombie. I guess we'll see Zombie Harley until he most likely gets killed for good. Or he might kill himself. 

I don't care about the mayor plot case; I'm more interested in why Chase Graves might be killing zombies. We have confirmation now that he's a zombie himself (spray tanning), which I don't remember us getting earlier (but I could be wrong). I mean, not that it wasn't hard for most people to figure out, but I can't remember if Vivian ever stated that Chase was a zombie, or if she even mentioned Chase.

Anyway, zombie mayor doesn't interest me and I hope they don't drag the majority of that crap into next season. 

• Love 1

Awwww, it was so cute when Blaine and Don E. excitedly cheered at the sight of Liv and invited her to eat some brains with them. Loved when Blaine asked if they could make it a weekly thing. I totally cracked up when the three of them had a simultaneous vision (poor Clive must have been freaked out at seeing all three of them staring blankly at him) and then Don E asked if they'd just had a threesome. The Biggie/Tupac conspiracy and the later conversation about Tom Cruise being a zombie were hilarious (as was the look on Clive's face in the background).

Also fun: Blaine saying his zombie rage had worn off so he needed to be zapped with the cattle prod so he could tear down this gate (complete with Reagan impression) and Liv and Ravi both wanted to do it.

I KNEW that Shawna and Rachel were both sketchy, damn it! I'm not (in)famous and I would be mad if someone I just started dating posted pictures of me in bed with them or made our texts public. That's just rude, Shawna!

Can we get confirmation that Chase is a zombie every week by having a conversation while he's being spray tanned?

• Love 14
(edited)
6 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Yeah, I'm lost too and I'm not at all sure two episodes are going to be enough to unravel it for me. I'm assuming since Fillmore-Graves was supporting Baracus' run and Wexler's daughter and her friend were eating the brain paste that it will all loop back to them but I'm not sure how.

And is the daughter also getting brains somewhere else because she had a vision and I thought the paste was supposed to prevent that? 

In this episode, it seems like Liv put forth a conspiracy theory that is likely to be the truth. I will recap and elaborate on it, trying to add what is fact and what is theory:

Fact: Baracus was a client of Dominatrix and was running for mayor.

Fact: Dominatrix was recording her sessions with clients.

Theory: Baracus somehow found out about Dominatrix recording and became worried that the recording would come out. Even in a relatively liberal place like Seattle, the notion of law-and-order guy wanting to be punished might be a tad too much. Also, Baracus has a family, and seeing a dominatrix probably wouldn't do much for his family.

Fact: Baracus prosecuted Wexler.

Theory: Baracus (or Chase or someone else at FG -- and from hereon  in, when I say "Baracus," I mean it as shorthand for those possibilities) hired/recruited Wexler to steal the recording. (Never mind for the moment that the theft of the recording would not prevent Dominatrix from outing Baracus anyway).

Fact: Wexler gets the recording but kills Dominatrix in the process, and calls Baracus in a panic.

Fact: Wexler's daughter is a zombie.

Theory: Baracus turned Wexler's daughter into a zombie to leverage Wexler, either before the theft attempt or after in an effort to get him to turn over the recording. "If you turn it over, we'll keep her in brain paste. If you don't, she'll either become a killer to get brains or starve to death and become a feral zombie."

Fact: Wexler's original lawyer was replaced with a fancy-pants one.

Theory: That lawyer was part of the effort to pressure Wexler into giving up the recording.

Fact: Wexler was found hanged in his cell.

Theory: Baracus bought a guard to kill Wexler and make it look like suicide, figuring that with Wexler dead, the recording wasn't getting out.

Fact: A guard went on a cruise and died when he supposedly fell overboard.

Theory: The guard took his bribe money to go on the cruise. While there, Baracus arranged to have the guard thrown overboard or otherwise killed and made it look like an accident.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

but I can't remember if Vivian ever stated that Chase was a zombie, or if she even mentioned Chase.

I also can't remember if Vivian mentioned Chase. Are we sure that he is her brother? Could he actually be some Big Bad zombie who blew up the helicopter so he could take claim to be her brother and take over the company? Even if he is her brother, he could still have blown up the helicopter to take over the company--but if he wasn't at the company picnic, when did he become a zombie?

4 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

In this episode, it seems like Liv put forth a conspiracy theory that is likely to be the truth. I will recap and elaborate on it, trying to add what is fact and what is theory:

Your recap/elaboration makes total sense!

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Awwww, it was so cute when Blaine and Don E. excitedly cheered at the sight of Liv and invited her to eat some brains with them. Loved when Blaine asked if they could make it a weekly thing. I totally cracked up when the three of them had a simultaneous vision (poor Clive must have been freaked out at seeing all three of them staring blankly at him) and then Don E asked if they'd just had a threesome. The Biggie/Tupac conspiracy and the later conversation about Tom Cruise being a zombie were hilarious (as was the look on Clive's face in the background).

That scene was completely hilarious and weirdly endearing. Also gross.  So much funny in this episode.

And thank the zombie goddesses for the naked Jason Dohring spray tan scene. I hate his cipher of a character so far, I hate his dumb hair, but dayum, that was a fine scene.

• Love 10

I forgot to mention that I loved that after Liv, Blaine, and Don E all had the same vision, they were asking each other fragments of questions like "Did you see?" and then Clive reminded them that the vision they were seeing was nothing new because all of them had seen the video.

Poor Clive feels bad about shooting Harley. I wanted Liv to remind Clive that contrary to what Clive believes, Harley is not "an innocent person." He JUST tried to shoot you, Clive! He also kidnapped, starved, and tortured Don E. Plus he hit Ravi in the face. So yeah, that "innocent person" should have been charged with kidnapping, unlawful imprisonment, battery, and attempted murder. No need to feel guilty about shooting a guy like that in self defense.

• Love 12
(edited)

Loved Blaine and Liv getting to be "buddies" (and Don E., but I'm not a big fan of his *gasp*) - albeit for a very short time - and coming in to rescue Ravi and Don E.  But they still didn't contact FG, the troops just happened to be there on their own.  (And I missed when Liv found out Blaine was a zombie...again - but that's a question for last episode).  FG will probably turn out to be the big bad (guns seemed totally planted), but it still was kinda dumb on their (B&L) parts.  (Clive and Liv didn't do much better in the underground bunker.)

Poor Major is not going to take it too well when his zombie friends realize he's not one of them (aside from Justin, they're still in the dark, right?).

I don't think Baracus would willingly turn a kid - he's the one who's always been shown as being a good dad IIRC - but it does seem more than likely he's connected somehow.

Aside from the main Dominatrix/Wexler mystery, still don't know who blew up the helicopter and who stole the cure, right?  

You can probably tell I don't follow this very closely.  LOL

Edited by indeed
12 minutes ago, indeed said:

You can probably tell I don't follow this very closely.  LOL

I think I know even less than you, because you reminded me about Baracus, because up until now, I couldn't remember his role prior to this episode!

But honestly, I think it's more that they have too many storylines this season so everything's getting mixed up and it's hard to follow along when they jump from storyline to storyline, 

• Love 3

And thank the zombie goddesses for the naked Jason Dohring spray tan scene. 

seconded! 

I am once again feeling like this is 22 episodes worth of plot crammed into 14 (15?) To introduce Shawna and Rachel and have them betray Major and Ravi so quickly was pretty head spinning plot-wise.  

I don't think their respective relationships were built up to the extent that the betrayal had an impact on the audience. 

• Love 3

Poor Clive feels bad about shooting Harley. I wanted Liv to remind Clive that contrary to what Clive believes, Harley is not "an innocent person." He JUST tried to shoot you, Clive!

Yeah, that confused me a bit. 

The Blaine/Don E./Liv scenes were gold.

• Love 3

I forgot to mention that I loved that after Liv, Blaine, and Don E all had the same vision, they were asking each other fragments of questions like "Did you see?" and then Clive reminded them that the vision they were seeing was nothing new because all of them had seen the video.

Liv did say right off that it wasn't anything they didn't already know. Even on conspiracy theorist brain she has a much firmer grasp of what is and isn't useful information than the other two. Though I want to know how all three were sure they were getting the exact same vision. Couldn't the dead zombie truther have had multiple memories from a location he frequented?

It sounds like I'm at a table for one in not caring about naked Jason Dohring (thanks for Major's skin scenes, though!) or thinking Rachel has betrayed Ravi. Yes, her breaking the story about zombies is contrary to his goals, but she doesn't owe him any loyalty and I'd say as a reporter her duty is to let people know about the zombie menace.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

It sounds like I'm at a table for one in not caring about naked Jason Dohring (thanks for Major's skin scenes, though!) or thinking Rachel has betrayed Ravi. Yes, her breaking the story about zombies is contrary to his goals, but she doesn't owe him any loyalty and I'd say as a reporter her duty is to let people know about the zombie menace.

Personally I don't care that Rachel reported on the story. It's on Ravi for blurting out information that he's gained over multiple years to a complete stranger, not doing any research into her and believing that she was at the zombie meeting for....what, exactly? I mean, she did tell him that she was a journalist or writer of some kind, right? Again, a lot has been shoved in in three short episodes, so everything feels like whiplash. 

Ravi HAS been pretty dumb this season, though, and highly reckless. I was hoping that Rachel would be at least trustworthy enough so that I could root for her and Ravi, but right now, it seems like she used Ravi for information. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I believe that you are mostly correct that this seems to be where things are headed, and that this episode finally brought the threads together a bit. However, I will add my concurrence with Indeed's suggestion that Baracus probably didn't turn Wexler's daughter himself. I will even expand it a bit:

In light of what appears to be the planting of evidence by Chase Graves (the murder weapons), and that Chase seems in this episode to be very invested in having a Zombie Mayor of Seattle, I think that it is likely that Fillmore Graves (either under Chase or perhaps even Vivian) was responsible for turning Wexler's daughter into a zombie, or else they simply were already aware because Wexler's daughter had been brought into the fold of FG prior to all of the blackmail coming to light. FG then coerced Wexler into stealing the tape, ostensibly so that they would be able to keep it out of the public eye and/or in order to have leverage on Baracus. They have either pressured Baracus into running for Mayor, or else want to otherwise control him once he has been elected. As part of their plan to ensure his election, they faked an assassination attempt against him to increase public sympathy.

I am not yet sure where/how the murders of Clive's friends factors into it, but it is very likely FG is behind this as well. Either someone heard something they didn't like, or perhaps FG was intending to foment dissension against the "evil humans" among their own kind, or even spur a potentially dangerous fringe movement (the Zombie Killers) into a flurry of activity and subsequently frame them so as to provide their newly installed Mayor with incentive to increase security in his city by bringing in FG as outside contractors or something.

• Love 1
(edited)

I agree, Cthulhudrew. Probably Baracus is not pulling the strings himself, and probably Chase has been.  Wherever I put "Baracus" above, I meant to say "Baracus/Chase/Someone else at FG."

I sort of hope things are a little more complex, somehow. With Veronica Mars' season-long mysteries, there were lots of suspects and it would be hard to have correctly figured out the true culprits. Yet, there were enough clues in episodes that the villains made sense.

Here, FG has been such an obvious potential villain that to basically say "IT WAS CHASE ALL ALONG BEHIND EVERYTHING!" will be a disappointment. Especially because the Chase actor makes me look back to a long time ago. (Before he got super buff.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Personally I don't care that Rachel reported on the story. It's on Ravi for blurting out information that he's gained over multiple years to a complete stranger, not doing any research into her and believing that she was at the zombie meeting for....what, exactly? I mean, she did tell him that she was a journalist or writer of some kind, right? Again, a lot has been shoved in in three short episodes, so everything feels like whiplash. 

She did tell him that, and told him that again when she showed up at the Zombie Truthers last week in response to seeing the Don E livestream. It was pretty dumb of Ravi to blurt everything out just because her widdle feelings got hurt. 

Then again, I'm not sure how much that story will hurt, as it isn't as if she has a lot of corroborating evidence. Obviously Ravi felt as if he was speaking off the record, and if she didn't disclose that she was working a story when he told her that and directly quoted him, that would be an issue (not to mention, didn't her editor reach out to Ravi to verify any info given?). I doubt they'll get that much into technical issues of reporting, but the point is I don't know the story is all that damning, particularly if all she's basing it on is the word of Ravi with what appears to be very little substantive evidence otherwise.

On another note, I also noticed the apparent plot hole vis a vis Wexler's daughter getting a vision in spite of eating brain candy. So either the writers messed up, or she's been grazing off the ranch. The writing is generally pretty tight, so I'm hoping its the former and there is a story therein.

5 hours ago, luna1122 said:

And thank the zombie goddesses for the naked Jason Dohring spray tan scene. I hate his cipher of a character so far, I hate his dumb hair, but dayum, that was a fine scene.

7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Can we get confirmation that Chase is a zombie every week by having a conversation while he's being spray tanned?

I agree with these!  JD is looking mighty good these days.  Although, I did notice that he waxed his chest. 

I have to admit, I don't pay much attention to parts of the season arc.  It seems to convoluted to me.  Maybe it wouldn't if I actually paid attention, but I like this show for Liv's reactions to the different brains of the week and Clive's reactions.  I don't really like Fillmore Graves and I don't like the mayor.  I guess we'll see where it goes.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

It wouldn't be the first time a product didn't live up to the claims, but I could totally see her snacking on a classmate without permission.

9 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

1) Fact: Wexler was found hanged in his cell.  Theory: Baracus bought a guard to kill Wexler and make it look like suicide, figuring that with Wexler dead, the recording wasn't getting out.

2) Fact: A guard went on a cruise and died when he supposedly fell overboard.  Theory: The guard took his bribe money to go on the cruise. While there, Baracus arranged to have the guard thrown overboard or otherwise killed and made it look like an accident.

1) We know that someone (the guard) did kill Wexler.  That part isn't a theory.

2) We don't know that the guard is dead.  FG et al may have arranged for him to leave the ship and he's off in Tortuga sipping Mai-tais. 

Otherwise, spot-on and well-done analysis.

• Love 1

I guess it depends on what level of knowledge we're talking about. Our peeps have a strong working theory that a particular guard killed Wexler. As I recall, they interviewed all but one guard who peaced out.

But what evidence do they have that the hanging was not an actual suicide?  To the best of my recollection, none.

AFAIK, Liv never had a vision while on Wexler brain of someone choking him or something, for example.  Given the nature of the show and genre fiction in general, it's fairly certain that the dots are connected and the hanging is a murder.

We do know for a fact that the guard went on a cruise, and I suppose it should be a fact that the guard "supposedly died and supposedly fell overboard."

I had no idea Jason Dohring was so buff.  But I will take all the eye candy I can get.  Between Major and the spray tan scene, it was a good looking episode.  Also, is anyone else getting a pop up message saying "you are not allowed to like this users content"?  It happened to me for 2 people, but not for a third.  and my like counted on their account, so I'm not sure what's going on.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

AFAIK, Liv never had a vision while on Wexler brain of someone choking him or something, for example.

I thought she did have a vision of his hanging -- that's how she knew he was murdered.  Then Skeevy Video Guy told her about the guard going to the cell.

(edited)
14 hours ago, JamieLynn832002 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is my understanding of the situation.

Baracus hires Wexler to steal the camera from the dominatrix. It goes wrong and Baracus realises that Wexler could implicate him. He turns Wexler's daughter and uses her reliance on brains as leverage to make him take the fall for the murder and leave Baracus out of it. Then Baracus has Wexler killed in prison and the guard who did it killed as well (or did they?) 

2 hours ago, jhlipton said:

2) We don't know that the guard is dead.  FG et al may have arranged for him to leave the ship and he's off in Tortuga sipping Mai-tais. 

This.

Filmore Graves has to be involved somehow because how else was Baracus getting brains in prison? Wexler's daughter was clearly eating Filmore Graves brain goop and the woman with her in that scene was a Filmore Graves 'handler' of some kind. So it's likely that Filmore Graves was involved in turning Wexler's daughter at the very least. It's also possible they've been behind Baracus' ascension the whole time and all the nefariousness is them.

But what evidence do they have that the hanging was not an actual suicide?  To the best of my recollection, none.

No, they have a witness. The 'Asian dude' that Liv beat the crap out of in S1. Mr 'Mutant Ninja Turtles'. 

11 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Fact: Baracus was a client of Dominatrix and was running for mayor.

Fact: Dominatrix was recording her sessions with clients.

Theory: Baracus somehow found out about Dominatrix recording and became worried that the recording would come out. Even in a relatively liberal place like Seattle, the notion of law-and-order guy wanting to be punished might be a tad too much. Also, Baracus has a family, and seeing a dominatrix probably wouldn't do much for his family.

Fact: Baracus prosecuted Wexler.

Theory: Baracus (or Chase or someone else at FG -- and from hereon  in, when I say "Baracus," I mean it as shorthand for those possibilities) hired/recruited Wexler to steal the recording. (Never mind for the moment that the theft of the recording would not prevent Dominatrix from outing Baracus anyway).

Fact: Wexler gets the recording but kills Dominatrix in the process, and calls Baracus in a panic.

Fact: Wexler's daughter is a zombie.

Theory: Baracus turned Wexler's daughter into a zombie to leverage Wexler, either before the theft attempt or after in an effort to get him to turn over the recording. "If you turn it over, we'll keep her in brain paste. If you don't, she'll either become a killer to get brains or starve to death and become a feral zombie."

Fact: Wexler's original lawyer was replaced with a fancy-pants one.

Theory: That lawyer was part of the effort to pressure Wexler into giving up the recording.

Fact: Wexler was found hanged in his cell.

Theory: Baracus bought a guard to kill Wexler and make it look like suicide, figuring that with Wexler dead, the recording wasn't getting out.

Fact: A guard went on a cruise and died when he supposedly fell overboard.

Theory: The guard took his bribe money to go on the cruise. While there, Baracus arranged to have the guard thrown overboard or otherwise killed and made it look like an accident.

This. Although, as I said above, we know that Wexler was murdered by the guard because we have a witness as well as Liv's vision.

Edited by AudienceofOne
1 minute ago, AudienceofOne said:

Then Wexler has Baracus killed in prison and the guard who did it killed as well (or did they?)

One slight error:  Baracus (or more likely FG) had Wexler killed.

AFAIK, Liv never had a vision while on Wexler brain of someone choking him or something, for example.  Given the nature of the show and genre fiction in general, it's fairly certain that the dots are connected and the hanging is a murder.

Actually, I believe she did have a vision on Wexler brain of him being choked. They never actually showed us the scene, but this season has been obsessed with watching zombies have the visions while other characters react. I remember Liv coming out of it and confirming that it was a murder. But there's been a LOT shoved into this season, so I can't remember anything more specific than this. 

Again, when it comes to the mayor/Patsy case, I'm totally confused. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Actually, I believe she did have a vision on Wexler brain of him being choked. They never actually showed us the scene, but this season has been obsessed with watching zombies have the visions while other characters react.

Exactly. Once Liv told Clive that Wexler was murdered, they investigated and found there was a witness.

Just to correct one inaccuracy in my account of the situation. For some reason, I interpreted something said last night as meaning that WEXLER was a zombie who was getting brains in prison. This isn't true. He was worried about them feeding his daughter, not himself. That's why he could be hanged:  obviously if he was a zombie that wouldn't have killed him. 

So Wexler wasn't a zombie, only his daughter was.

• Love 1

Loved the eye candy- made up for Ravi acting like an idiot. How can you trust someone you barely know, especially if she told you she's a journalist? I need to get my Veronica Mars DVDs out now and get my Logan fix.

Justin better not die. Nice twist with Harvey being a zombie- I wonder how he's going to feel eating his first brain. 

Are there only two episodes left? This season has flown by, and next week's episode looks hilarious. I always love the Liv and Ravi friendship

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:25 AM, Paloma said:

I also can't remember if Vivian mentioned Chase. Are we sure that he is her brother? Could he actually be some Big Bad zombie who blew up the helicopter so he could take claim to be her brother and take over the company? Even if he is her brother, he could still have blown up the helicopter to take over the company--but if he wasn't at the company picnic, when did he become a zombie?

I thought he was her husband's brother and the company was originally her husband's company?

• Love 1
18 hours ago, twoods said:

Nice twist with Harvey being a zombie- I wonder how he's going to feel eating his first brain.

Did Blaine or Don E scratch him at Wham Bam?  If they did, I didn't notice -- that would have been sweet revenge, though.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:34 AM, Lady Calypso said:

There's just way too many plot threads this season, and they have barely wrapped even a couple of them up. I don't know how they'll do it in the next two episodes, so I'm betting it'll be a Filmore Graves Did It situation. They really didn't have a plan this season; I hope they have one next season.

It wasn't all bad. Liv, Blaine, and Don E. on conspirator brain was quite fun, and none of them annoyed me with it.

Ok, so plot hole in this season already: daughter is having visions, and we've seen her eating brain paste. Unless she's also getting fresh brains, we already know from early this season that brain paste doesn't cause visions. 

Since we've barely met Shawna and Rachel and we don't know anything about them, it's no surprise that both turned out to not be great. I wish Rachel had been, because I was starting to like the idea of her and Ravi together. But Shawna only showed up two episodes ago, her and Major fooled around last episode, and he broke up with her this episode. It felt like a waste of time, unless she's showing up in the next two episodes to reveal that she's been working for Filmore Graves or some other company that'll be the Big Bad for next season. 

Ravi gets handed the Stupid Stick for telling a complete stranger everything about zombies. 

I had a feeling that Harley would eventually become a zombie. I guess we'll see Zombie Harley until he most likely gets killed for good. Or he might kill himself. 

I don't care about the mayor plot case; I'm more interested in why Chase Graves might be killing zombies. We have confirmation now that he's a zombie himself (spray tanning), which I don't remember us getting earlier (but I could be wrong). I mean, not that it wasn't hard for most people to figure out, but I can't remember if Vivian ever stated that Chase was a zombie, or if she even mentioned Chase.

Anyway, zombie mayor doesn't interest me and I hope they don't drag the majority of that crap into next season. 

I wouldn't expect J Dohring to become a regular, but he's basically been a series of cameos (and why bother?), so I'm expecting he is going to be part of next year, at least the first five or so episodes, which means more fillmore graves.

I'm guessing Chase has been training and showing off Zombie mercenaries internationally, creating the brand (without identifying it) so that when Zombies are outed everyone will want the super soldiers, so I'm pretty sure he was a zombie before the company picnic, a prototype. He may be killing zombies for the same reason he engineered the Baracus assassination attempt, to convince people/zombies that they need to get on his team because they are in danger. It is, of course, something that could backfire on him. 

I found Ravi's telling Rachel very natural, he seems naïve and trusting that people are good hearted. Yes, stupid, though.

I liked Ravi reacting to the three of them eating brains. Such a classic horror situation, 'send more paramedics' division, and yet oddly commonplace in his world. 

On 6/14/2017 at 8:22 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Actually, it's only a theory that Wexler called Baracus not even a theory, just an assumption based on the fact that Baracus enjoyed visiting the Dominatrix and would have been embarrassed had that information leaked to the press. I think Wexler called someone at FG (possibly Chase himself)

(edited)
29 minutes ago, diebartdie said:

Actually, it's only a theory that Wexler called Baracus not even a theory, just an assumption based on the fact that Baracus enjoyed visiting the Dominatrix and would have been embarrassed had that information leaked to the press. I think Wexler called someone at FG (possibly Chase himself)

As I said above, I was using "Baracus" as shorthand for Baracus/Chase/FG.

LOL I think I heard the swooning all the way here in the middle of the Pacific when Chase was getting spray-tanned.  It will be interesting to see if they (conspirators) actually turned Wexler's daughter or if she just happened to be a zombie already and thus the conspirators had some additional leverage over Wexler.  The way that Wexler's daughter seemed chill with the other girl makes me think the latter.  

And I am not sure how they are going to get the motive and everything, but it is obvious that someone high up at FG is behind the Tuttle-Reid murders considering how badly they are trying to frame Harley.

And while Ravi might not have been smart to spill the beans to Rachael, what exactly could he say to her regarding what was going on?  She saw the existence of at least three real life zombies.  Regardless of what Ravi said to her, she already had a story.  Of course Ravi filled in the blanks, and depending on what he told her, it might actually be a "better" story than "Oh my god, I just saw three zombies and they just killed a bunch of guys!" type of story.  Just my thoughts.

• Love 1

I just assumed that Wexler's daughter was turned into a zombie at the FG picnic. Maybe she was there with the friend who she's staying with now?

I also assumed that Wexler confessed to the dominatrix murder because someone threatened to expose his daughter as a zombie. 

4 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I just assumed that Wexler's daughter was turned into a zombie at the FG picnic. Maybe she was there with the friend who she's staying with now?

I also assumed that Wexler confessed to the dominatrix murder because someone threatened to expose his daughter as a zombie. 

I don't know if Wexler confessed because of the leverage because the main concern of the conspirators is the flash drive.  And Wexler initially had a upstanding PD representing him, so I think him confessing was a wrench in their plans.  I think he just confessed because he actually felt guilt over what he had done, I mean he was pretty distraught in the video tape when he called whomever.

And was Wexler connected with FG?  Just wondering because a lot of people are saying that the daughter was turned at the picnic, not sure why there is the assumption she would be at the picnic?

Oh good, I was coming here to say "does anyone think that there is any possibility at all that Logan Echolls is not behind the murders/guns?" but everyone else had that same thought about 3 minutes in, eh? (actually, I had a sneaking suspicion back when the Tuttle-Reid murders first happened and how we were shown Vivian's reaction... something sketch is going on there.) (Also: "failed assassination attempt in which no one is injured but makes the politician look like a super-hero" is also entirely too coincidental to not be staged.)

I wish I hadn't said out loud in like, the very next scene that "I bet Ravi's girl in this episode is going to be worse than Major's girl," but seriously, is there a reason we can't get either of them a decent love interest?  Also: isn't that some really irresponsible reportering she's doing?  At the very least, they have no corroboration, unless she was recording it, and even then how will she back up the stuff Ravi probably told her?  At worst, Ravi explained to her the whole thing about the zombie island and the murders and WHY they're doing that, and she understood the risks to innocent zombies if they were outed too soon, and she published the story anyway and in the most sensational way possible, which has gotta go against some sort of ethics.  Or maybe she's just a tabloid reporter, in which case who really will believe it?

I was kind of confused about Major selling the shirts of himself though... at first I thought it was something she would have done to get back at him, but I guess we take the reporters'/radio's word for it that he's embracing it now?

2 hours ago, rabidchipmnk said:

I was kind of confused about Major selling the shirts of himself though... at first I thought it was something she would have done to get back at him, but I guess we take the reporters'/radio's word for it that he's embracing it now?

I thought that Shawna made the shirts and was selling them to get back at Major for dumping her. Major seemed annoyed/embarrassed when he saw the t-shirt. (I'm glad he dumped her lame ass though)

It is looking like Logan (er, Chase) is behind a lot of the shady stuff going on. I did have to pause my TV to take in the whole spray-tan scene. 

Ravi used to be so good at keeping secrets! In season 1 he really liked Peyton but didn't tell her about zombies, and now he just tells a girl he just met and knows nothing about? Out of character for him.

Best moments: Clive's face when he was waiting to see what kind of brain Liv was on this time; Blaine, Don E and Liv all sitting around snacking on fresh brains...though Liv probably missed her hot sauce; Major dumping Shawna; Major happy at the Irish wake.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KaleyFirefly said:

I thought that Shawna made the shirts and was selling them to get back at Major for dumping her. Major seemed annoyed/embarrassed when he saw the t-shirt. (I'm glad he dumped her lame ass though)

Yes to the latter point (the selfies would have been an immediate dealbreaker though), but his coworker wearing the shirt seemed to have a not-malicious tone, which is not really something I'd expect if it was a product of third-party public shaming.  But then I even less understand why he would have done it himself.

I don't know. When it comes to these things I always just wonder if I'm of the wrong generation because, to me, 'selfie stick in bedroom' is kind of a deal breaker. 

I didn't think it was implied that Major had anything to do with the tshirts just that people thought he did.

• Love 7

I think that the virus has mutated. One of the story suggestions made at the newspaper meeting was about a new SARS-like virus being discovered locally. Perhaps there is a new form of slower-manifesting zombi-ism that no longer requires the new host to receive direct insertion of the established host's cellular material. It could be caused by any of a zillion things, most of which would not necessarily be revealed to us yet, but if I have to place a bet I'm going to say that Ravi's experiments have altered the disease. Which means that Major and/or Blane might be Patient Zero for the new strain. Or... FG might be continuing Ravi's experiments, using the stolen cure samples. But, either way, I don't think that bit about the new virus was a throwaway line.

• Love 1