Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Champs vs. Pros: Immovable Objections

• Start Topic

(edited)

Once again Camila gets a pass. Her only win was because she was paired with Bananas. Can't stand her and wish she would get put into challenges to prove she can do it and actually beat these girls. That's why I think it should be all strangers instead of the same people who save each other year after year. There is no way Camila could go against any of the Pros in certain challenges 

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 7

"Ashley, girl, I love you. But I've known Camila longer, and I realize that if I send her into the endgame, even though this is all for charity, I might die. If I'm lucky, I wouldn't see it coming. But she would want me to see it coming. And I complain a lot, but I enjoy breathing."

I think that winning an endgame ("Arena"? I forgot) should have a payout like being the captain of the winning team. Sucks that Lolo and Smashley were each looking at a paltry $1,000 for a loss. Other than that? I think Smashley is a brat, and I don't feel that bad for her. I don't see Lolo donating $5,000 as a "look at me!" gesture, but I'll understand if she keeps getting the side eye from viewers. Also, I think CT should have sent in Darrell over Wes, but not only did Wes volunteer, he and CT are cool with each other. I still think Wes E. Coyote is a bit of an elitist.

Darrell saying that Cameron was breastfed by gorillas. So funny.

• Love 4

Not such good challenges this week.

It all came down to size differences.

I guess they invited smaller guys like Louis to even out the teams but did they ever have anything requiring agility?

Otherwise, what's the point of having people like him or the surfer girl?

• Love 1

Ashley M was captain once and lost so that's how she got into the elimination and now she's been voted in twice. I would feel bad for her but I can't stand her and her temper tantrums and her lucking into finales so good riddance. And way to be a big baby and make it all about you after that lost. I thought this was just a fun friendly thing and good way to get more exposure for your charity?

• Love 6

So did I suss this out correctly--CT had adjourned to the back of a production van for a nap but Ashley stormed there for her second tantrum du jour, followed by a production person trying to argue her out of her fuss, and CT had to leave to find peace elsewhere?  That and Wes just chatting with champs were my favorite parts.  I don't really like challenges where you can do long-lasting nerve damage, and it scared me that CT couldn't feel his whole shoulder/arm/etc. and had to go again.  If I recall correctly, Sarah Greyson had long-lasting repercussions from hanging by her knees for 45 minutes.  Heck, it took me a couple of years to get back all the feeling in part of my foot, and that was just from sporting Birkenstocks with toe-pieces too frequently.  

I am amused by the episode description of "a player hits a low point," meaning Ashley has her millionth tantrum of the year.  And I don't even hate her or hate it when contestants cry or whatever, but it is kind of her M.O. at this point.

Cara Maria (from what we were seen) clearly asked for the captain role first...I'm glad Camila didn't fight her too hard for it nor fuss about it in a poor-sport manner, at least that we were seen, because if tantrums are Ashley's M.O., showing poor sportsmanship by incorrectly calling out poor/unfair sportsmanship is Camila's.  In competition, that is.  Not touching her drunken destructiveness M.O. during recreational times.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Jobiska said:

So did I suss this out correctly--CT had adjourned to the back of a production van for a nap but Ashley stormed there for her second tantrum du jour, followed by a production person trying to argue her out of her fuss, and CT had to leave to find peace elsewhere?  

Yes, that was hilarious.  "I guess I'll just find somewhere else to nap......"

6 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Smashley never saw an opportunity for camera time that she didn't want.  That's all that little tantrum was about.  Just like when she "won" last season.

Oh so much this!  I rolled my eyes so hard when she sat on the stage with her head in her hands last season; and did the same when she kept storming away to the van but continued to position herself right in front of a window.....She is such a fame-whorey brat is such a brat.  But she learned a hard lesson; nothing is handed to you in the challenges.....unless you're Camilla.  I was so looking forward to Camilla being destroyed by Lolo, especially after she tried to downplay her "volunteering" for Team Captain.  Ugh!  And I've always been indifferent to CM (I usually cheer her on, despite her annoyingness, because everyone else is exponentially more of an asshole than her), but man, did she piss me off with that choice.  

When Kam got up and started basically slingshoting his body down the field was amazing.  i gasped out loud at the gym.  

• Love 3

Nice gesture from Lolo, but Ashley could have made the donation herself. After all, she can buy and sell everybody around her. Honestly, how much worse would it have been if Nicole won IOTC and made the Champs team?

• Love 1

Damn CT.  He was a beast and basically won that whole thing for Team Champs.  He is absolutely an immovable force.  He definitely deserved to be immune to elimination.

I'm actually super surprised that Wes volunteered himself to go into the Elimination.   He was volunteering to go against a professional athlete.   And then he won.   Wes can be super arrogant, but he's not unwilling to go in there and show that he deserves to be there.  

Ashley is such a brat.   Yes, she's been in a few challenges, but with who is left...she is still the rookie.   The rest of the crew have known each other forever, so you are getting picked.   I get that she's upset to be going home, but she is also showing just how petty she is.   Everyone made the point of telling her how great she did in the final elimination....and her bitterness showed who she was.   I am sure she'll be in challenges forever, but god....I never wanna see her face again.  

• Love 5

Oh, another thing...Camila hearing the Pro captains' description of their charities and saying oh, wow, that's a good one...For one thing, I thought Lolo had described hers before, though perhaps that was not in front of everyone, but for another, I bet Wes, who's taking the opportunity to chat with the Pros, knows every one of their charities--perhaps Cara Maria too, who was bonding with Gus, and Darrell who seems to be buddy buddy with several on the team.  I mean, how unaware can she be to not have at least an inkling of what their charities were?  Well, I guess it's good she didn't say they were sucky charities, and was complimentary, but still.

15 hours ago, shelley1234 said:

Damn CT.  He was a beast and basically won that whole thing for Team Champs.  He is absolutely an immovable force.  He definitely deserved to be immune to elimination.

I'm actually super surprised that Wes volunteered himself to go into the Elimination.   He was volunteering to go against a professional athlete.   And then he won.   Wes can be super arrogant, but he's not unwilling to go in there and show that he deserves to be there.  

Ashley is such a brat.   Yes, she's been in a few challenges, but with who is left...she is still the rookie.   The rest of the crew have known each other forever, so you are getting picked.   I get that she's upset to be going home, but she is also showing just how petty she is.   Everyone made the point of telling her how great she did in the final elimination....and her bitterness showed who she was.   I am sure she'll be in challenges forever, but god....I never wanna see her face again.  

This!  Im just so afraid though that CT is preparing us for his 'retirement'...

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Tammee said:

This!  Im just so afraid though that CT is preparing us for his 'retirement'...

That might be for the best. While he isn't a lifer like a few of his contemporaries, I do tend to worry that he might snap and blow years of evolution. Also, I heard that he's been studying behind-the-scenes stuff. I mean, if Colby Donaldson can host Top Shot for a few seasons, I reckon CT could still find a career in reality television beyond being a contestant.

3 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

That might be for the best. While he isn't a lifer like a few of his contemporaries, I do tend to worry that he might snap and blow years of evolution. Also, I heard that he's been studying behind-the-scenes stuff. I mean, if Colby Donaldson can host Top Shot for a few seasons, I reckon CT could still find a career in reality television beyond being a contestant.

CT worked production on the show for a couple season already.   It was often why when they had some people come in for a quick one and off elimination, it was CT because he was already there with the production.   At that point he didn't think he'd do any more challenges, but then dipped his foot back in the water and the rest is history.  

I also like having the newer version of CT in challenges.   He cool, calm and collective and is doing quite well for himself.   He is still physically able to compete, even though he's not the athlete he once was.   He won the last challenge and is doing well in this one as well.  CT's worst enemy was always himself and it seems like he's basically made that a moot point.  

I said this a few episodes ago, but I'll say it again....I find the friendship between Wes and CT to be so sweet.   Those guys were legit rivals when they were on Rivals together.   Since then....they now have turned into legit friends.   Wes volunteering himself for CT spoke volumes about how much those guys are truly bros.   And once upon a time in a CT rage moment....he threatened to kill Wes and his entire family.   

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Also, I heard that he's been studying behind-the-scenes stuff. I mean, if Colby Donaldson can host Top Shot for a few seasons, I reckon CT could still find a career in reality television beyond being a contestant.

Well, if so, I hope he can pronounce the entirety of "versus," unlike the Miz when he's saying to stay tuned for "Champs verse Pros."  That's generally when my DVR kicks in, so I start with a shudder at that pet peeve of mine...but I'd take an hour of Miz saying "verse" over a minute of a Banana-ful show.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, shelley1234 said:

Wes volunteering himself for CT spoke volumes about how much those guys are truly bros.   And once upon a time in a CT rage moment....he threatened to kill Wes and his entire family.  

I actually snorted when I read this because CT was such an animal. 

These muted versions of CT and Wes are so much better.  Maybe it's because I'm older too, but I really enjoy knowing where these "characters" came from and seeing their evolution over the years.  Wes never would have volunteered a few challenges ago and CT certainly wouldn't have woken up from a long winter's nap in the back of a production van.  

I'm over all of the Champs girls.  Camila is skating by vecause she's loud, Cara Maria has no backbone and will say or do anything to be cool with others, and Ashley's tantrums are fruitless.  Can we get some of the pros back next season?

• Love 3
On 6/14/2017 at 11:36 PM, TiffanyNichelle said:

I would have loved if Cara Maria said she was picking Ashley to get back for her dissing Cuz on Bloodlines.

Lol, I forgot that Cuz and Ashley hooked up  on a previous Challenge.

Ashley has a lot of growing up to do. She's in her 20's and still throwing tantrums? Nobody likes to go into eliminations, but two out of the three times that she went in were because she volunteered to be team captain and unfortunately, the Champs lost both of those times. 

i honestly didn't think that the Champs would be able to beat the Pros in the Challenge, but man, CT was a beast and proved me wrong. How dare Ashley and the producer interrupt his nap in the van?!

I understand Cara's tough decision: she respects that Ashley put in work, but she is loyal and has been friends with camilla for years. She wouldn't fuck up a friendship for Ashley, especially after Ashley fucked over her cousin. Sorry Ash: you are still a rookie. 

Plus, still love a female/male friendship so strong like Cara/CT. Always supporting one another. They need a best friends challenge and have them as a team.

As much as Lolo aggravated me in the beginning, I'm growing to like her now, especially that she is now self aware and working with her team now.

• Love 3
On 6/15/2017 at 0:41 PM, Lantern7 said:

Most definitely!

On 6/15/2017 at 4:26 PM, shelley1234 said:

CT worked production on the show for a couple season already.   It was often why when they had some people come in for a quick one and off elimination, it was CT because he was already there with the production.   At that point he didn't think he'd do any more challenges, but then dipped his foot back in the water and the rest is history.  

I also like having the newer version of CT in challenges.   He cool, calm and collective and is doing quite well for himself.   He is still physically able to compete, even though he's not the athlete he once was.   He won the last challenge and is doing well in this one as well.  CT's worst enemy was always himself and it seems like he's basically made that a moot point.  

I said this a few episodes ago, but I'll say it again....I find the friendship between Wes and CT to be so sweet.   Those guys were legit rivals when they were on Rivals together.   Since then....they now have turned into legit friends.   Wes volunteering himself for CT spoke volumes about how much those guys are truly bros.   And once upon a time in a CT rage moment....he threatened to kill Wes and his entire family.   

I love everything you just said, summed it up perfectly!

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/15/2017 at 3:26 PM, shelley1234 said:

I said this a few episodes ago, but I'll say it again....I find the friendship between Wes and CT to be so sweet.   Those guys were legit rivals when they were on Rivals together.   Since then....they now have turned into legit friends.   Wes volunteering himself for CT spoke volumes about how much those guys are truly bros.   And once upon a time in a CT rage moment....he threatened to kill Wes and his entire family[\b].   

The bold sentence is exactly why I'll never be a CT lover like everyone else seems to be. He went waaaaaay beyond just having a bad temper, he is a fucking psycho and I can't ever forget that. 

Edited by Maharincess
15 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

True psychos (and CT has proven time and again that he is a psycho) don't really change, they just get much better at hiding the crazy. 

I totally get where you are coming from, but I do think CT has matured.  I think he worked through the anger he had.  I hope so.  

Camilla on the other hand, drives me nuts.  

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Cherry Cola said:

I totally get where you are coming from, but I do think CT has matured.  I think he worked through the anger he had.  I hope so.  

I agree.   I never thought CT would be on the show again and probably should have been arrested after the incident with Adam, however he is a different man.   He doesn't seem to be led around by his anger and rage.   Better for those in his life and must be so much more peaceful for him.

As for Camila, if she removed alcohol from her life....I'd make the case she'd be a completely different person as well.  

Edited by shelley1234
  • Love 2
On 6/20/2017 at 6:57 PM, Maharincess said:

The bold sentence is exactly why I'll never be a CT lover like everyone else seems to be. He went waaaaaay beyond just having a bad temper, he is a fucking psycho and I can't ever forget that. 

It's just his sense of humor, I think. 

On 6/20/2017 at 9:51 PM, Cherry Cola said:

Totally agree!  I think Ct has come through the other side and now has his son to give him life and hope.  He is so different inside and it shows.  He seems content and happy.  Im happy for him.  I love the role of the Godfather of the group.  Its perfect!  

• Love 2