Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: The Return: Part 6

I love the giggly waitress and the sunny teacher. And man, did Madchen Amick look fab in that scene or what? I can't get over the difference between her look in Riverdale and this. It really shows what warmer lighting and makeup can do.

• Love 3
(edited)

No, Ben's son/Audrey's brother was Johnny. He was in his 20s and had a serious mental illness or disorder of some sort.

Richard could be Ben's son as well, but he would've had to have been born since the original series. I still hope he's Audrey, because that would be such a violation and high drama.

Edited by jsbt

I give up. I'll come back once it's over and fastforward through 90% of everything to get to the characters I actually care about. But where/how did I miss the would-be rapist psychopath is a Horne?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Shorty186 said:

I give up. I'll come back once it's over and fastforward through 90% of everything to get to the characters I actually care about. But where/how did I miss the would-be rapist psychopath is a Horne?

It hasn't been mentioned in the show's narrative yet, but he's in the credits as Richard Horne.

7 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

I'm thinking we're never going to get back to the real Dale Cooper until the last few episodes of the season. Clearly, the centerpiece plot of this season is finding a way to get Evil Cooper back to the Black Lodge and have Good Cooper to stay on Earth. That's a mystery they won't be resolving anytime soon. 

Giant Misfit, this is exactly what I'm thinking as well. I thought the revival would be some sort of tale of Cooper re-visiting Twin Peaks and investigating a new murder ("it is happening again"). But now I'm realizing the main theme of the show might be about Cooper slowly regaining consciousness and reassembling himself with the help of old friends in the Bureau, Twin Peaks and unwitting strangers in other disparate locations. I don't think we're going to see him fully return until the series end. This is going to be about a showdown between real Cooper and evil DoppelCooper.  And as someone mentioned upthread, he may have difficulty letting go of his "faux" family.

On a completely unrelated note: dying to see where Audrey is at. When I watched the original series, I was so hoping that her mis-placed crush on Cooper would lead her to escape her effed up family and begin a stellar career as an FBI agent - on one episode her eyes lit up when she discovered women could join the Bureau!

Man, I hope Richard Horne is not her spawn. That would be sad.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

You and me both. And Audrey suffered so much from not being loved by her father, I would hate it if  her son happened to be a crossover between Ben Horne, Teen Bobby Briggs and Laura Palmer at their worst. 

Maybe there are two "Richard" Horne or he is possessed by another entity. I could fanwank a young, curious and smart Richard finding the Lodge with dire consequences. At least the different personalities would make sense.

Or perhaps he's one of either Ben's or Jerry's byblows by one of the employees of One-eyed Jack's; given nothing more than a last name, it's impossible to nail down the specific set of Horne loins from whence he sprang.

17 hours ago, paigow said:

Who hired Tiny Killer? DoppleCooper?

1. Dark-Haired Lady was directed by her boss to arrange an early demise for Dougie.
  2. DHL tried twice - once with the sniper(s), once with the car bomb - and failed miserably both times to manage her assignment to completion.
  3. So Big Boss commissioned MiniPicker to take out two people: Dougie (the original target) and DHL (as penalty for her incompetence).

8 hours ago, Affogato said:

Just thought, wasn't Ben Horne's son Richard? I'm actually forgetting what happened to him, but he was actually supposed to be normal, just strange? Could this chap be him?

I think you're thinking of Johnny, Ben's autistic son.

(edited)

I'm pretty sure the doppelgänger and/or Phillip Jeffries (David Bowie, from FWWM) in Argentina* - or someone posing as Jeffries (whoever the doppelCoop talked to in the premiere) - ordered the hit on "Dougie". Except they were actually ordering a hit on Cooper, who the doppelgänger knew would emerge from the Black Lodge at a specific time and place. The doppelgänger told Darya he had a plan for that, and he did: He had somehow created Dougie to take his place in the Lodge so he could remain on Earth when the original Cooper returned, which is exactly what happened. But as MIKE/Gerard said two Coopers cannot coexist - one must die - and so the doppelgänger and/or Jeffries arranged the hit on "Dougie" a.k.a. Cooper to happen immediately after Cooper's return to our world. However, fate and circumstances (or divine intervention from the Lodge?) caused that hit to be repeatedly botched.

Another reason for believing this is the case: In the premiere Dopplecoop tells Ray he needs a couple of guys for a job. That job and those two guys are almost certainly the two dudes who then just miss Coop and Jade at Rancho Rosa in episode 3.

* - Jeffries was last seen in Buenos Aires, Argentina in the "Missing Pieces" deleted scenes from FWWM, filmed in 1991-2. Judging by episode 5, evidently he or someone posing as him is still there.

What's curious now is, how is upset Vegas dude Duncan Todd (Patrick Fischler from Mulholland Drive) connected to all this? Because he seems to be linked to the assassination of Lorraine, the woman who arranged the botched hit, or at least that's how I took his brief scene in the last episode where he sees the red square on his computer, then unlocks the vault and produces what appears to be his murder file on Lorraine and "Dougie". In a previous episode he tells his cute young assistant to hope he never works for "someone like him". Is he working for the doppelgänger, Jeffries or someone else?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

In a previous episode he tells his cute young assistant to hope he never works for "someone like him". Is he working for the doppelgänger, Jeffries or someone else?

Good question! I'd also add to the list the guy who was built the giant camera box in which both Cooper and the ghost killer emerged in NYC. 

I spent this entire episode thinking the guy who killed the kid was Amanda Seyfried's boyfriend. I didn't realize it was rapist guy until I saw 'Richard Horne' in the credits. The character was much different in this ep than he was in the brief scene he had in ep 5. He was so controlled in that ep and a mess in this one.

This was hands-down my least fave ep so far. There were some good moments, but overall I hated it.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Shorty186 said:

Right?  I read all these positive reviews of the episode and thought I screwed up and accidentally hit the freeze frame button for an hour...  Nope, film was rolling....  slowly....  rolling...

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, jsbt said:

I am The Gays* and I watched it.

* - all of them

LOL it's like they think us gay peeps are unfamiliar with DVR technology and the skill of prioritizing.  SOME OF US WATCHED BOTH.

Edited by Penman61
  • Love 5

I've not read to see if there are any replies to this, but I do remember that Gerard made a trip to the bathroom.

I remember that, too. I also keep thinking how, in FWWM, Annie appeared to Laura Palmer and told her to write in her diary that Cooper was trapped in the Black Lodge. I wonder if that's what those pages Hawk found are. Although I don't know when Laura would have put them there.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

And then when she said it a minute later she didn't say it that way. 

That's because NOBODY says it that way.  

Ever.  

In the entire history of half past noon.

• Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:13 AM, Nashville said:

I think you're thinking of Johnny, Ben's autistic son.

Yes, I was, and I was very tired when I wrote that, I crashed soon afterwards. I think Johnny seemed autistic but was shown not to be autistic near the end of the show, I think I meant to say perhaps he's the connection, not Audrey. 

• Love 1
On 6/12/2017 at 10:33 PM, Moxie Cat said:

love the giggly waitress and the sunny teacher. And man, did Madchen Amick look fab in that scene or what? I can't get over the difference between her look in Riverdale and this. It really shows what warmer lighting and makeup can do.

I was thinking this was Heidi from the original..... the one Shelly and Bobby used to always tease.

• Love 1
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Cindylou said:

I was thinking this was Heidi from the original..... the one Shelly and Bobby used to always tease.

It was. She was also on last week in the background apparently. As someone else said, she had more dialogue in this episode than she had in two seasons and a movie.

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:29 PM, Giant Misfit said:

The best part of this episode was the band at the end.

That was Sharon Van Etten---she's amazing.

I'm impatient and appalled with everyone not being concerned with Dougie's well being, as he clearly seems like a man who's had a stroke or a breakdown, but I am fascinated with Kyle M's performance. I always knew he was good, but I had literally no idea HOW good.

• Love 6
On 6/13/2017 at 5:24 AM, Giant Misfit said:

Good question! I'd also add to the list the guy who was built the giant camera box in which both Cooper and the ghost killer emerged in NYC. 

We find out in episode seven that:

Spoiler

DoppleCooper is very rich. I assume it was him who built the box. 

On 6/11/2017 at 10:25 PM, dosodog said:

I never realized how good Kyle McLaughlin was.  The Dougie scenes are working for me.  

Me too, as far as his performance goes. He's killing it. But I'm glad I'm not the only one seriously struggling with the way everyone around him is reacting (or, more to the point, not reacting) to him. And on one hand, I want to say that it's dragging too long with no advancement (although I suspect that those who have posited that we won't get fully normal Cooper back until the end are right), but on the other hand, it's Twin Peaks, and everything moves at a glacial pace.

• Love 1