Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Choose or Lose

18 minutes ago, AftermathTV said:

The reason why Twincer is pretty much a lock, is that 1. They'd love to use Troian like that

This is also why I think it's either Twincer or that Spencer is a flat out lunatic schizophrenic. They love to have Troian play that shit, she's the only one who can pull it off. And as they've established since at least season three, if not earlier, that Spencer is slightly unhinged at best, Spencer being crazy is the thing I'd most readily buy. Hell, until they revealed that Alison was alive, I was convinced that Spencer had been the one to kill her.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I wonder  what fans these last episodes are a love letter for. My guess is the tumblr shippers. 

Shippers and the "whatever happened to Wren!  To Holden!  To Lucas!" fanatics.  So many diversionary or pointless cameos this season.  I'm shocked that we haven't had a Melissa or Jason sighting, unless the actors are just not available at all.  Given the Spencer/Wren scene, it looks like they really only need 1/2 day of filming at most.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mac123x said:

Shippers and the "whatever happened to Wren!  To Holden!  To Lucas!" fanatics.  So many diversionary or pointless cameos this season.  I'm shocked that we haven't had a Melissa or Jason sighting, unless the actors are just not available at all.  Given the Spencer/Wren scene, it looks like they really only need 1/2 day of filming at most.

Yeah. I mean. I didn't need the backstory for Lucas at all, considering it just creates more plot holes. I totally have forgotten Wrens purpose in that one episode because like most of these episodes I've been watching like sleep walking. And what was the point of bringing back Holden? Seriously. He has a pretty decent amount of screen time in these first few episodes of the season and he hasn't been around for any since like episode five. I.. what? I guess they just needed a male counterpart for Aria whenever ezra was consoling Nicole. All the same it seemed like he was going to have a big point and then nothing.

I mean I get it. It's the final countdown. It's normal for a show to be all let's bring back some old faces for a last go around. But have it make sense or serve a purpose.

Paiges appearances made sense. Sort of. I dislike Emison so much but Paige's purpose was to finally put the nail in them being a thing officially. And send her off in a good way and forcing Alison to make a choice. I still personally find Emison not a couple to root for, but that is why they brought Paige back in. Paige also got to rid herself of high school Paige as she acted like an adult more than Ali or Emily.

Im surprised Melissa hasn't returned yet, she would make sense. Along with Jason but no.. let's just write a story that Lucas and Charles/Charlottle  were BFFs at Church Camp once and also.. Pastor Ted is Charlottles father! What? 

Can this show be over now? 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So, a few months ago, I was out getting drinks at a bar with a friend/co-worker. Said friend/co-worker is, politically, a rather conservative republican, while I'm a pretty liberal democrat. We occasionally talk politics, but, since we don't agree on much on that front, we both get tired of arguing pretty quickly(although it never gets ugly, luckily) and move onto other topics. This night, however, it somehow came up that we both watch PLL, even though it had never come up before, and we started laughing about the multiple stupid plot twists, especially the identity of A/Charlotte/CC. Then, she said she didn't like the twist because she thought making the villain a trans woman was giving into "political correctness" and trying to edge into the media discussion of trans peoples rights. I said that I hated the twist because it made the shows only transgendered person a crazy evil villain, who ended up pointlessly dying off screen. She was like "wow, I never thought about it like that. It actually kind of seems unfair, its not like you hear about many psycho killers who change genders" and it turned into a whole discussion, ending with us both cracking up that PLL actually made a twist so stupid all that ALL people of ALL political affiliations can agree is stupid, even if its for different reasons.

I have a similar experience, but with another liberal, and it really reflects how people's viewing of the same TV show can vary wildly depending on their own lived experiences. An old friend from college invited me over to hers to watch 6x10 and when the A/Cece/Charlotte reveal happened I started chanting, "No. No no no. Nonononono. DON'T DO THIS, SHOW. NONONONONONONO" on repeat. Now, my friend is super pro-LGBT, but even she was like, "why are you saying nononononono is it because you thought it was Wren?" (I did.) I explained it, and she totally got it once I did, but it wasn't something she intuitively picked up. I've even had to explain this AND the great mass TV lesbian massacre of 2016 to gay men who were floored by the Bury Your Gays trope (another one that PLL has in the bag several times over). I've got transgender friends who describe how they feel about TV characterizations, but a lot of people don't have transgender friends and don't really notice because it doesn't touch their own lives. I did have one other friend text me the night of 6x10 with "COME THE FUCK ON MARLENE ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH THIS" so, even in my very small circle of friends who watch this show, at least one other person was as upset as me. It was a "hide the ball" move that backfired in a huge way, and it didn't help that they proceeded to murder the ball.

• Love 2
On 6/15/2017 at 2:23 AM, Froippi said:

I just watch ET live today for pll and they had a interview a few weeks back with Keagen Allen saying their would not be another Toby kiss if that ends up being a true and that is a big if then Spencer with Toby was not Spencer 

I wouldn't put much faith in any interviews the cast or MK give. They long ago started playing up on the "liar" theme by telling fibs to the press in real life.  Typically the stuff they say doesn't make any more sense than the mysteries of the show.

On 6/15/2017 at 8:47 AM, Jack Shaftoe said:

This show. This freaking show. It's like the writers  compete among each other who can write the most nonsensical plots. Caleb doesn't bother asking Hanna before informing her mother about Hanna's insignificant troubles with the law. Said mother takes this in stride and approves Caleb's idiotic idea to marry Hanna right that evening. She isn't angry at all that Caleb and Hanna's little evidence destroying stunt might cost her her job or even her freedom if the police assumes she must have helped.

I know many viewers like Ashley's character but she was always pretty meh to me and then this past season she's served no purpose other than to ship Haleb. 

On 6/15/2017 at 9:07 AM, RHJunkie said:

If my memory serves me correctly, didn't Spencer join the A Team as a double agent so that could try to get intel to figure out who A was? If I am remembering that correctly, I wouldn't say that's in the same boat as Aria. Spencer may have 'kidnapped' Malcolm but if her intentions were always to fight A from the inside, then A's influence on Spencer would only go so far as Spencer felt it reasonable for her and Malcolm was never in any danger, especially if Spencer was the A Team member that dealt with that part of A's plan. Aria is another ballgame because her actions were purely selfish to cover up her own stupid tracks at the expense of her friends and while she didn't know exactly how her role in AD's games would impact her friends, she knew that it wouldn't be good. She intentionally took part in something that she knew would truly cause harm to her friends. Anyways, I can't stand Aria and it was temporary happiness to see them turn cold on her. I'm fed up with her and especially with her and Ezra. Still rooting for her to be a casualty of AD's before this show is over.

Yes, I made the distinction in an earlier post too that Spencer and Aria's motivations were completely different.  Spencer was trying to infiltrate the A team to get insider information and put an end to their harassment; Aria only joined to save her precious wedding. And you are correct that Malcolm was never in any danger w/Spencer. She basically just babysat the kid. He probably had a better time than he did when he was with his supposed father, Ezra. 

17 hours ago, mac123x said:

Yep, and this is why I didn't interpret the 90 second cameo by Wren at the airport as anything more than bad editing rather than a Twincer scene.  They are just throwing in whatever actors they have available at the moment so they can either claim the characters haven't been forgotten or appease the fans of those actors. It's badly plotted and badly scripted for sure. 

• Love 2

I listened to the Bros podcast.  Nothing too insightful, but Benji is convinced that Twincer was at Toby's cabin.  Marco made a pretty good argument against the existence of Twincer, in that the show runners wouldn't want to reveal her then have to spend 45 minutes explaining her backstory.  It's a decent argument, but they did exactly that with Charlotte in 6.10, and I'm not sure they've learned from their past mistakes.

I listened to the Bros podcast.  Nothing too insightful, but Benji is convinced that Twincer was at Toby's cabin.  Marco made a pretty good argument against the existence of Twincer, in that the show runners wouldn't want to reveal her then have to spend 45 minutes explaining her backstory.  It's a decent argument, but they did exactly that with Charlotte in 6.10, and I'm not sure they've learned from their past mistakes.

Yeah, I think there's no way they DON'T want to do that, actually! To show how clever they are in all these little misdirects along the way. I really hope Twincer is also Bethany Young (one of the variations on the Twincer theory), because THAT would be awesome, and give a reason to go and re-watch the whole series with those reveals in mind. I've been down the rabbit hole with fan theory vids a few too many times, and though they are a little....wacky, I really love the practice of going back and getting a second read on things throughout the series - particularly things that happened prior to the Charlotte reveal aka when the show broke my goddamn queer heart. If the AD reveal only pertains to things that happen post-time jump, I'll be sorely, sorely disappointed.

• Love 1
(edited)

Bustle podcast is hilarious.  Talking about the sex montage, Sue thought the Emily / Ali scene was romantic and Christine was having none of it. 

Sue: "But it's the Kissing Rock! It's a sweet callback"

Christine:  "The Kissing Rock, with Ali and Ian, where we thought he bludgeoned her to death!"

ETA:  They are ALL IN on the Ezra = AD theory, mainly because it would be both shocking and satisfying. "Maybe Ezra arranged Nichole's kidnapping!"  "So you think AD operates on a global scale?" "Yes".

I think they're underestimating the power of the Ezria shippers to influence the show, though.

Edited by mac123x