Type keyword(s) to search

2 Broke Girls - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The big clincher, as I understood it, was that CBS doesn't have ownership stake in it. That's a big deal for them and other networks these days -- they want a stake in the profits if they're going to invest in a show. And since they didn't have stake in this, it just wasn't worth it enough to bring back in light of the declining ratings and the already-stuffed fall schedule with a slate of new comedies. The math just didn't work. If they did own it, they probably would have renewed it, even for a shortened season which was one of the final negotiation offers at the very end. There are other shows on their schedule that had lower ratings than this that did get renewed -- because CBS has ownership.

I wish the studio would try to shop the show. I feel like TBS would be a perfect destination for a show like this but I think this might cost too much for TBS to want to bother. How did the money work when Cougar Town moved from ABC to TBS?

• Love 1

I was about to get used to the show when the network cancelled it from out of nowhere. I like the adventures of Caroline and Max and I began to know them and start enjoying the show when this happens... What's going on?

• Love 1

I've just started watching it and I'm up to season 4.  This show had the potential to be such a better show than it has become.  I like that it's politically incorrect and that they say some outrageous stuff, but I feel like it never really quite reaches its full comedic point.  Oh, Max has big boobs?  Oleg is being gross? Han is short?  I hadn't noticed, because nobody has mentioned it in two minutes. 

Why did they keep Sophie???  They shouldn't have made her Polish because we already have actors who are doing terrible accents.  They would've been better off making Sophie into a cliched redneck.  There's nothing about her that would make more sense about her just because she's Polish.  I know this is a nitpicky thing to do, but I have a thing for accents and languages.  It pisses me off when actors don't put in any effort into doing proper accents, especially on a show like this, because it's in syndication and they're getting paid pretty well.  You have one job.  Also, why tf is Sophie replying with "Ja"?????  She's not German, Dutch, Norwegian or Swedish, she's POLISH!!!  Polish people don't say "Ja" for yes!!! 

I know, I know, I'm ranting, but like I've said, the actors are getting paid well, but they're not doing their jobs properly.  Every time Sophie enters the screen, I just turn the sound off.  There is no significance to casting Jennifer Coolidge for that role.  Was she the cheapest actress they could find?  They should just have more scenes with Max and Caroline.  MY favourite scene so far is when Max screams "You're my best friend! I LOVE YOU!" then immediately frowns because she's embarrassed.

• Love 1
(edited)

I have been rewatching the entire series.  I start season 6 tomorrow.  It is better than I remember.  I don't like Beth Behrs, but the rest of the cast is great.

Edited by Ms.Lulu

I originally pooh-pooh'd this series and a friend said I should watch it when it was on, but didn't. Starting in February, I began jumping on my mini-trampoline for one episode per night. I'm alternating between, I can't turn away and how was this greenlit!? I'm starting season 6 now and have Will & Grace on tap when it's done. 

It's been a fun and cringey ride! I feel so bad that no matter what they do, they can't get ahead (so far - except for Caroline's movie deal). 

Oleg & Sophie, Han & Earl. Ah, what times! I'll miss it and be glad it's over!