Type keyword(s) to search

2 Broke Girls - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Caroline's pleated white purse, I covet it. Any idea on the brand, where to get it?

Based on the design, I thought it might be MiuMiu but since Caroline is supposed to be poor, I figure she can't afford a $2000-$3000 handbag.

Why does anyone need a "dealer" for raw cacao powder?

But that is what makes it funny....you don't.  It wasn't real it was like spoof, or parody.  More about human *need* to feel something - like the Grandpa pretending.  Think of it like the roadrunner never really getting killed (boy did that drive me crazy). 

Yes it's the same in the same way Ethel and Lucy were the same jokes over and over in different scenarios - or the youtube tape of Red saying "put my foot up your ass," 100 different ways on the 70's show.  It is what it is.

I am an unabashed fan of this show - it always makes me laugh and I like it way better than the Big Bang and almost as well as when Jake was a kid on 2 1/2 Men.  I don't care that they're on re-run for all the jokes and self depreciation...some people just like to watch the same funny thing over and over and don't expect logical sense or character growth - much anyway.  I think the girls in ball gowns on the horse scene was and will be my favorite.  Have missed quite a few lately but got faster internet so am able to catch up.  I think they'll end up "winning" and be no longer broke by the end. 

It is kind of sad Kat doesn't get to realize her fabulousness, but she does an amazingly touching job of propping everyone else up.  Go Girls!

And, btw, she did have a rocking YouTube channel when the show started, and she certainly seemed ummm....out of it. ha

Edited by Jlina
  • Love 3

Last night's episode "And the About FaceTime" made me laugh numerous times. Loved the random chef walking by and saying he was the one that bet "Never" on the Caroline bet. The show always is rich with sexual innuendos, and for awhile it was getting just too much, but this episode worked for me.

I really enjoy this cast together, and Kat and Beth's social media posts look like the cast has a good time together. 

• Love 2

Where exactly did either of them think this relationship was going anyway? Maybe Randy could move to NYC since he's rich - I can't remember what he does for a living, but presumably he's more likely to be able to work from anywhere than Max is. Max has to work in NYC, it's where her business is. Did he really think she'd move to California eventually?

Beth Behrs continues to be up for anything, and is really the heart of the show at this point. I've always liked Kat Denning's, but her role has basically been reduced to "stand and smirk," at least the Randy stuff has given her a bit of a range of emotions.

As much as I detest nearly anything Sophie, the Manny on Horseback was a solid visual gag.

The whole episode I wanted to scream at the screen "there's a hurricane coming and they're leaving those windows unboarded? Asking for a tree". So, yeah, not with the interesting plot points at the end there. Smart enough to take cover in a walk-in. Not smart enough to board the windows.

What are the odds of a tree being anywhere near the dessert bar anyway? What little we've seen of the exterior of the diner and the dessert bar/cupcake window hasn't included any flora. It appears to be a fairly grimy looking city street.

On 12/15/2016 at 7:30 PM, Maharincess said:

I wonder if they're ever going to show the girls' moms.  We hear about how horrible Max's mom is but Caroline's is no better if she just walked away from her daughter. 

I'd love it if showed both of their moms!

• Love 1
On 12/15/2016 at 9:30 PM, Maharincess said:

We hear about how horrible Max's mom is but Caroline's is no better if she just walked away from her daughter. 

Oddly I've always presumed she was dead. I can't recall them mentioning her mother at all. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, joanne3482 said:

Oddly I've always presumed she was dead. I can't recall them mentioning her mother at all. 

I think they only mentioned it in the first season. Caroline told Max that her mother cheated on her father and the family "got rid of her," socially speaking.

I would love to meet Max's mother. I think she will either be a carbon copy of Max, or she'll be a completely normal and boring lady and Max was exaggerating all that crazy slutty drunk mom stuff. Either one would be hilarious.

On 12/22/2016 at 8:13 AM, Chicken Wing said:

I would love to meet Max's mother. I think she will either be a carbon copy of Max, or she'll be a completely normal and boring lady and Max was exaggerating all that crazy slutty drunk mom stuff. Either one would be hilarious.

Having her be a normal Stepford wife mom would be the best way to go. It'll be funny watching Max squirm while redacting all the exaggerations she said about her mom. Her being an over-the-top version of Max would be so predictable.

• Love 3

Well this show definitely has accomplishing nothing down to an art form.

I had hopes for the road trip, because last year's LA Escape was the best the show had been since probably Season 2. It had progression of both characters and new territory to mine that felt organic. Every episode of the road trip has just been stalling

• Love 1

Did they ever end up making that movie about Caroline? That was the whole basis of the end of last season. Seems like Caroline would be somewhat famous by now. Which means any casting director would jump at the chance of casting her in a bit part.

• Love 1

Wow.  A boyfriend for Caroline?  I love that actor. He used to play the blind CIA agent in that silly USA show. Oleg even looked good in this episode. Weird.  They should figure out a way for Randy and Max to get together. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 4

Getting Randy and Max together would require the writers to commit to a story arc though. How will the show ever maintain its perpetual suspension in the ether? I say this relatively frequently, but I really hope this leads to big things for Beth Behrs, she puts so much gusto into the show, and she should be able to show casting agents she can do actual comedy and not just be the pretty girl by now.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Traveller519 said:

Getting Randy and Max together would require the writers to commit to a story arc though. How will the show ever maintain its perpetual suspension in the ether? I say this relatively frequently, but I really hope this leads to big things for Beth Behrs, she puts so much gusto into the show, and she should be able to show casting agents she can do actual comedy and not just be the pretty girl by now.

I love Beth Behrs.  I saw her in an off-Broadway play back in July and got to sit in the second row.  So much fun.  It was a comedy about children whose parents have ovarian cancer . . .  She was really good.  She has a really good theater-training background.  I was impressed.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 2

I rolled my eyes so hard I'm still trying to retrieve them from my skull.

First of all, the nurses' behavior in the hospital? COME ON. Violating HIPAA laws by telling the girls that he has a broken leg. Shooing them out of the room for no reason - it's normal visitor hours. Flirting with a patient, taking off his shirt and rubbing coconut oil over him... if this was a male staffer doing this to a female patient he'd be in  handcuffs within five minutes. Sponge bath? A man with a broken leg can get out of bed into a wheelchair and into the shower. A person who had a car accident with a broken leg six hours ago doesnt get a sponge bath. It was beyond ridiculous.

And Max deciding to stay in New York also rung hollow to me. Randy is CLEARLY the love of her life. She can open 20,000 dessert bars anywhere in L.A. Max has more than enough money to support her. She won't have to live in that awful tiny apartment. She can fly bakc and forth and stay in swanky hotels in NY anytime she misses NY. It makes NO sense that she'd want to stay in this dumpy, suspended life forever. OPPORTUNITIES KNOCKING IN HER FACE and she throws it away? Makes. zero. sense.

Caroline can join her in LA and have a real acting career. She wants to WAIT TABLES IN A GREASY WILLIAMSBURG JOINT FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE?

This show has become some juvenile comedy. How is this even on CBS? Even TVLand shows are better than this.

• Love 3
On 1/26/2017 at 6:26 PM, Big Mother said:

I rolled my eyes so hard I'm still trying to retrieve them from my skull.

First of all, the nurses' behavior in the hospital? COME ON. Violating HIPAA laws by telling the girls that he has a broken leg. Shooing them out of the room for no reason - it's normal visitor hours. Flirting with a patient, taking off his shirt and rubbing coconut oil over him... if this was a male staffer doing this to a female patient he'd be in  handcuffs within five minutes. Sponge bath? A man with a broken leg can get out of bed into a wheelchair and into the shower. A person who had a car accident with a broken leg six hours ago doesnt get a sponge bath. It was beyond ridiculous.

And Max deciding to stay in New York also rung hollow to me. Randy is CLEARLY the love of her life. She can open 20,000 dessert bars anywhere in L.A. Max has more than enough money to support her. She won't have to live in that awful tiny apartment. She can fly bakc and forth and stay in swanky hotels in NY anytime she misses NY. It makes NO sense that she'd want to stay in this dumpy, suspended life forever. OPPORTUNITIES KNOCKING IN HER FACE and she throws it away? Makes. zero. sense.

Caroline can join her in LA and have a real acting career. She wants to WAIT TABLES IN A GREASY WILLIAMSBURG JOINT FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE?

This show has become some juvenile comedy. How is this even on CBS? Even TVLand shows are better than this.

Again, I am hate-watching simply because I happened to screen it in Las Vegas in the Studio Walk at MGM, and unfortunately, the ratings are not doing us any favors.  It is having NO PROBLEMS getting renewed year after year...kind of makes me depressed thinking much better acted and better shows like Elementary are struggling. 

But with the lack of any postings for last night's episode...maybe there is hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by HawaiiTVGuy
On 1/26/2017 at 11:26 PM, Big Mother said:

Randy was also seriously considering moving to NYC - he had an interview at another firm. Entertainment lawyers exist in NYC, I've met them. Max and Caroline are pretty codependent at this point. 

• Love 1

I enjoyed this week's episode, it dealt with very real issues of running the business, and played into all the character's established traits. No one was completely a caricature either and actually contributed. After months of spinning in place with the Randy stuff, it was nice to see some progress.

I'm sure the show is too far gone at this point to be anything more than it is, but it's nice to see they can still turn out a quality episode.

No comments on the Burlesque episode? Sad, this was my favorite episode in a long time! The girls in the dance class were amazing. I even enjoyed Sophie in this one. Im not sure if I believe Caroline would be into Bobby, but I'll go with it. Max's sex retirement. Lots of good lines, but Beth kills it with the physical comedy. Motioning as if the purse goes into her vagina. These are the girls I love!

• Love 6

I really enjoyed it. Loved seeing Caroline kill the burlesque scene, following up by Sophie, heh. Sophie dancing at the diner and Oleg panting after her made me laugh, too. I really enjoyed the episode.

• Love 2

The last two episodes were pretty funny. I love seeing Caroline in love with such a gentleman. But all those open sex jokes with smarmy Oleg skeeved me out. Very creepy. In another universe this would be considered workplace sexual harrassment.

The burlesque class cracked me up.

• Love 1

The show really struggles sometimes to include the ensemble in the story. There's no reasonable way to get Oleg, Sophie and Han into Caroline's boyfriend's house for dinner. It was a stretch even to include Max in a scenario where Caroline's boyfriend is bringing her home to meet his family for the first time. On what planet would an entire diner-full of strangers be welcomed? It's hard to criticize that guy's family for being so rude by constantly name-checking the ex-girlfriend in front of the new one when the new one brings a whole caravan of strangers and oddballs over uninvited. 

• Love 4

It definitely made no sense that he said his mother was having a party, but apparently the only people coming were people he invited, and the sister was confused there were no guys. So, if the rest of the diner crowd hadn't invited themselves it would've been the boyfriend, his mom, his sisters (who all live there) plus Max and Caroline. That's not a party. That's "come have dinner with my mother". Spring for some extras or rewrite the line!

• Love 1

I don't think that was her Dad. I don't think the character that actor was playing would be capable of much more than what we saw.

I'd love to see some actual development from Max's character with one of her parents, though. They don't need to be a permanent fixture. But since we blew up the Randy arc, Max is really treading water.

When they were driving to Rhode Island Caroline was apparently texting Max's father because she said he'd confirmed where and when they would meet. So when they got there and he was a no show why wasn't she calling or texting him? Maybe she did and he didn't respond but they didn't address it.

And no - Rhode Island is not the least interesting state -  not by a long shot.

I can't remember, at any point did they say what city? Because the background in all the driving scenes made it seem like they were in the boonies, rather than say...just driving up 95 like they would've been the bulk of the way from NY. I mean, I get the fictional diner might have been somewhere like Scituate or something but it was weird to me watching the bad green screening. I'm like...where are you and why does it look like October outside instead of February?

Did they ever end up making that movie about Caroline? That was the whole basis of the end of last season. Seems like Caroline would be somewhat famous by now. Which means any casting director would jump at the chance of casting her in a bit part.

If I remember correctly, their trip to LA involved making the deal for the movie to happen. Even if such a deal had been struck (I presume it was, as they got paid and used the money for the dessert bar), the movie itself would not come out until at least a year later at the soonest. So perhaps they will come back to that in the remaining episodes of this season.

In any event, I don't believe it was ever mentioned that Caroline would act in the movie. So whatever fame she gains from the movie will be from being the real life inspiration, and that won't happen until the movie is released. Though I get the feeling there will be the usual 2 Broke Girls twist and, rather than a major motion picture with a wide theatrical release, the film goes straight to video.

I am a bit disappointed about the recent episode involving Max's dad. Though he didn't appear, it did essentially kill what I always envisioned as the resolution of the series, where it is revealed that her dad is in fact Martin Channing, which would make Max and Caroline sisters.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed this episode. From the bit with the 'dead' guy, to Max and Han pretending to get married and their kiss (hilarious,) to Oleg and Sophie sitting at the dessert bar eating popcorn, I just couldn't stop giggling. I like Caroline's bf, now if only Randy could come back I would be one happy camper.

• Love 2