Type keyword(s) to search

2 Broke Girls - General Discussion

• Start Topic

There's no traffic on here maybe do "all episode discussion " or "current plot discussion"? And possibly they'd be more activity especially if I dot remember the particular episode title name to parse my comment?

Also, interesting tidbit in the article: the syndication rights sold for a record $1.7M per episode, more than Big Bang Theory did. ??!!

Indeed! I really can't stand watching 2BG reruns on TBS. I'm not sure what it is, but I have to change the channel. I can watch/listen to reruns of BBT, Friends & Seinfeld for hours. I was a fan of 2BG for their first couple of seasons, but that faded fast with all the Sophie/Oleg focus.

• Love 1

How is this show still on with no one watching? No mention of the big trip to Paris? I guess that's why they only had $89 to start. PopTarts stuff was stupid...product placement? Every joke is just sexual innuendo. 2BG, I want to quit you sooooo bad....

Edited by ExplainItAgain
  • Love 3

I was a fan of 2BG for their first couple of seasons, but that faded fast with all the Sophie/Oleg focus.

True. Based on those first couple of seasons, I'm still convinced there is a good show trying to get out. I'm not sure how much longer my faith will last though.

• Love 1

How is this show still on with no one watching? No mention of the big trip to Paris? I guess that's why they only had $89 to start. PopTarts stuff was stupid...product placement? Every joke is just sexual innuendo. 2BG, I want to quit you sooooo bad....

I forgot about the trip to Paris! I like the 2 girls so much, I wish they were in a better show. 

• Love 3

I want to as well, but I feel invested in the show since I actually had "input" on the show as I screened it at the CBS Studio Walk in the MGM Grand in Vegas before it was released.  Sigh...

Why do I love this show so much when there's almost nothing objectively good about it? It's like an abusive relationship. I need an intervention but I don't want it to work.

I also laughed at Chestnut "making" a gag face along with the girls, because it was such a cutesy cartoony thing to do, and horses look adorably goofy when they open their mouths like that. I also laughed at Sophie's Vitameatavegamin face when she was drinking that green juice. (It's weird that even though I find Oleg and Sophie individually annoying - and please, for the love of God, can we mute the audience clapping when she enters the room? Enough of that!! - I find them as a couple kind of cute, in a so-ugly-it's-cute zoo animal kind of way.

And best of all, Candy Andy's back next week! Shame no one's going to see it, since everyone will long be passed out in a turkey coma.

Edited by Chicken Wing
  • Love 4

I wish I could understand how they plan to resolve this Sophie baby storyline in a way that will be funny. If Sophie gets pregnant and has a baby that will NOT be funny at all.  I am not positive those two could keep a houseplant alive. If Sophie wants a baby so much and can't have one for whatever reason (the one hinted at being her age) that's not really funny either. That's mostly sad. The only way I could see a resolution would be if they took care of a friend's baby for awhile and figured out it wasn't for them. 

I just started watching this in syndication, I'm not sure if I like it or not. There have been times that I've laughed but I just don't know if I like it or not.

I have 2 questions, does the dark haired one mention her boobs in every episode? She's talked about them in every one I've seen so far.

Second question is what is the tally thing at the end of each episode about? One episode it will say $167.00 then its different each episode. I can't figure out what it's for.

Thanks.

The dark haired one, Max, makes constant comments about her boobs and is always good for the crude jokes.

The money totals at the end of each episode are supposed to indicate how the 2 Broke Girls either made, or lost, during each of their adventures. A lot of the time, they just don't add up, but then, I don't try to overthink the show...it makes my brain hurt.

• Love 2
Second question is what is the tally thing at the end of each episode about? One episode it will say $167.00 then its different each episode. I can't figure out what it's for

The original conceit of the show was for the girls to save money to open their own cupcake business, so each episode tallies how much money has been gained or lost for their cupcake tally. We're now in season five and they've now had a cupcake shop, went broke, opened a smaller shop in the form of a walk-up window in a side room at the diner (which still continues), invested in t-shirts to advertise their business but lost their contract with the loan still to pay, etc. The total has gone as high as $21,000 when they got the money (from neighbor Sophie) to open the first shop and as far down as $1 when the shop closed.

• Love 2

I used to really enjoy this show for the first two seasons, but after that it's really gone down the drain. The diner format has gotten beyond stale, the characters of Han, Oleg, and Sophie are damn near unwatchable, and even Earl - whom I used to love - has become one-note. The girls no longer seem to be striving to expand their business beyond the cupcake window, Max isn't using her pastry school education, and their romantic relationships (married chef, dumpster guy, underage male model) are dead-ends. The girls must be close to 30 now (IIRC Caroline said she was 26 in S1), and they're no better off than they were when the show started.

For some reason I still keep coming back to this show, watching it on demand when my other shows are on hiatus, so I watched the new S5 episodes this week. I thought the buyout story could have been such a great opportunity for a reboot, to get the girls away from the diner and to light a fire under them to re-focus on the business, but of course the show blew it and everything will stay the same.

This was the kind of episode that makes me wonder why I still watch this show, because I really hated every single person in it, except for the guest star. I called the two penises as soon as the "not regular down there" came up (I was reading all the same blogs the writers clearly were a couple years back when the real world guy with two penises started talking about his experiences on Reddit--and showing plenty of pictures--and the story started making the rounds). But the minute Max revealed it to Caroline, and they all started acting like such colossal assholes, I just felt gross. These people are awful. It wasn't funny, it was just a bunch of people acting like jerks, and I left the episode just feeling bad for the guy. Ugh. This show is the worst.

Edited by TheOtherOne
  • Love 1

I enjoyed the butler. Can we trade Sophie, Oleg and Han for him? Earl's all right, he can stay.

Speaking of Sophie and Oleg, where exactly is this baby storyline going? Because surely they don't expect us to believe that Sophie is really going to get pregnant.

• Love 1

Enjoyed last night's episode, but I couldn't help thinking that it's starting to make less and less sense that these two girls are just waitressing at a stupid diner for years without making real plans to make serious life plans.  a cupcake shop is not a moneymaker. That's something you do on the side. There are so many millions of opportunities out there for young, smart, good looking girls. I don't understand why they stay in such a dead end job with no future prospects. How many more storylines can they milk from this one-note formula, aside from all the yucky, filthy jokes about Max's chest, Sophie's chest, and Oleg's prowess?

• Love 1

I don't really understand this show, it seems to be all over the place. Maybe it's supposed to but I just started watching a couple of months ago, I don't watch regularly but I catch repeats.

What are the girls supposed to be? One episode they're making t-shirts, the next one I watch Max is in school and Caroline works at the school, the next they're baristas, the next they have a cupcake shop.

I just don't really get what the show is supposed to be, is it supposed to be all over the place because that's how the 2 girls are?

Their main focus is the cupcake business, and they'd probably be a lot more successful at it if they'd stop going off to do other things every five minutes.

The t-shirts were a marketing investment to help advertise for the cupcake shop, but it sort of took off and became a focus of its own, which annoyed me. Are they in the business of selling cupcakes or t-shirts? Focus, girls.

The barista one was a one-off. They just wanted a couple of hours of experience learning the Starbucks cappuccino machine so they'd know how to use the cappuccino machine they bought for the cupcake shop.

I actually forgot why, exactly, Max entered pastry school.

Sophie made me laugh this week. First time since season two, I think. The but where she showed her skill at accents was hilarious. It shows how much more the actress has to offer compared to the tripe they normally write for her,

• Love 1

I actually caught the pilot for the first time ever and really enjoyed it. It was charming. Max was actually nice to Han, helping him with this citizenship test and his English, etc.

I wish the show had maintained some of that charm. Now it seems more about being raunchy and seeing what they can get away with on TV.

Even Max's relationship with Han went from friendly to her making fun of and belittling him any chance she gets. It's actually kind of sad.

• Love 1

I know this is just a TV show, but if they are soooo broke, how come their hair always looks so good? Carolyn's blonde tresses must need highlighting and Max's hair always looks perfect (dollar store conditioner wouldn't give her that hair). I know, I know, it's just a show.....

I still can never get over the fact that Carolyn wears those heels all day to WAIT TABLES!

• Love 2

Caroline has jokingly (or not?) referenced having to maintain her color with Wite Out.

And Max long ago told Caroline to lose the heels and get a pair of sneakers like a normal broke-ass waitress, but Caroline will be damned if she gives those up.

It seems like most of the episodes I've liked have been directed by Don Scardino, who used to do 30 Rock. It's not a foolproof litmus test, but when I see his name come up on one of the reruns, there's a better than even chance that it will be one of the good ones. Don't know if he's still doing them.

I haven't watch this show for a while and recently started again. Caroline is so bitchy now. She was always annoying, but at least she was enthusiastic and friendly in the beginning. I especially can't stand the way she treats Han now.

• Love 2

This show must really be tanking - no one's ever talking about it. I think they need a major shake-up.

Don't they shake this show up every 7 episodes? I'd counter that they need to pick a lane and stick with it. Cupcake shop/French baking school/snotty restaurant/cupcake window/t-shirts/now Caroline has sold her life story so cut-rate Lucy and Ethel are off to Hollywood.

It's beyond ridiculous that the show that's all about trying to show women struggling to make a living is completely out of touch with reality.

• Love 2

It's beyond ridiculous that the show that's all about trying to show women struggling to make a living is completely out of touch with reality.

Isn't it though? Max has street smarts, Caroline has book smarts. There's no way 5 years later these girls would still be working at the diner. I refuse to believe this late night cupcake window is even remotely doing well for all the cupcakes that are always racked there. Instead we get insanely dumb plots about Sophie and Oleg and the girls being cheesy game characters.

• Love 1