Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Category Is

• Start Topic

I find Shea boring and I was stunned when she came out in that outfit and got praised for it. If Alexis Michelle was still there and wore that she'd be read for dead. But apparently Shea has been ahead of the game all season (went right past me). Great legs and walk, but that's it from what I can see.

I realized sadly today there was no way in hell that Valentina was ever coming back. I really like the pretty queens, and preferably the pretty and witty or at least self-aware ones, so of this final four I am all in for Trinity.

I like Sasha, also; she's an intellectual, she's arty, she spends time in her head, she overthinks things sometimes, she's not relaxed - and I think if you win a Fulbright Scholarship it's not an overstatement to call yourself 'smart'.

I wanted someone to go home. Stick to the format! She's a sweetheart, but I would have let Peppermint go (a few eps ago, in fact, for those awful pink skirts).

On 6/10/2017 at 8:37 PM, ClareWalks said:

Sasha gives the best face out of any queen this show has ever had, IMO. She is captivating to watch.

I agree. I've loved watching her -- just stunning work.

• Love 1

The past few seasons I've gotten really bored at the end of the season, to the point where I often don't watch the actual finale. I think part of it is that the winner is usually not a surprise, the "characters" are gone, and there's a lot of filler. But I've been binging Unghh episodes, and it's made me realize that winning the crown itself has so little to do with success after the show. Sure a couple of the winners have been great, but look at Trixie. She's got a legit music career and she's super popular, but was very lackluster on the show. And now Valentina is getting invited to fashion shows where she's dressed by the designer beforehand. It just feels anticlimactic. 

• Love 2

From the recap:

The dance rehearsals break down like this: the black girls are Janet Jackson, and the white girls are Janet Reno. While Peppermint is popping her arms for the gods and Shea is doing a goddamned triple pirouette, Sasha is insisting that she can "rise to the challenge" of simple choreography, and Trinity is trying to remember the difference between up and left.

LOL

Don't sleep on this quartet is what I'm saying. In a few years, we'll be realizing they were classics.

Yep -- it's a great final four, all completely owning their lane.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, LurkerNan said:

I don't agree with Michelle's Nerve and Talent assignment. I feel Trinity has been much more nervy with her focus on winning while Shea has been more steadily talented. But I can't fault the Charisma and Uniqueness choices.

I agree with your ordering. Trinity is at best, accidentally talented. She doesn't know how she does it and doesn't know how to replicate it. She's nervy because even when she's unsure of what she's doing, she takes direction and gives 100%. Shea is consistently talented. 

I think this top 4 is pretty strong, but this episode had way too much tragedy (my main complaint about the season) and not enough focus on talent. There really was no critique of any of them. I think that's why while I recognize that they're all good I'm not emotionally invested in any of them, though I'd be annoyed if Peppermint won- to me she's been weaker all season. 

I also hate non-eliminations. Sure it's close, it's just as close in a finale, may as well cut now. 

So...I think I just want it done, which sucks. This was my last fun reality competition show. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

So...I think I just want it done, which sucks. This was my last fun reality competition show. 

I don't want it done.  Next week, I want Ru to lay down more challenges ("My fearsome foursome! Today, you will be flown to Paris and left without a penny, expected to beg, borrow or steal a runway look within ten hours - category: Chanel does Britney Spears "Ooops oh no gurl, she didn't do it again?" 2000 Y2K realness. You will then be flown to Moscow for the mini challenge of Katya mocking you -- that's it, the whole challenge is just Katya mocking you -- and then you will be left in the wilds of suburban Jersey, where you will be given a tube of frosted lipstick, a Rachel wig and a ricot pie to perform my latest single, "Lady Fucking Sopranos, Bitches!" -- Edie Falco as our guest judge -- and then the winner-- and the losers -- and random past queens I round up cuz it amuses me -- will all join you in South Philly, where ya'll be living together this summer while we tape you taping up and getting drunk and rage-slapping each other about who's the Angela and who's the Rayanne in the house. And then maybe - just maybe -- we pick us a final three. MAY. BE.")

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
(edited)
On 6/11/2017 at 2:40 PM, kieyra said:

This is embarrassing, but can someone tell me where Trinity is in this picture?

(I was just reading the TV Club article and trying to see how many names I could remember from this season, and I can't figure out which one is her and now it's bugging me.)

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/drag-race-ends-competition-strong-performances-and-256604

She's not... which is so.. weird.  Like totally gone.

ETA: just saw the uncropped version that someone posted, and now I get it.  It's interesting that there are three of the finalists all grouped up, but one waaaayyyyy off on the fringe.  I wonder what that art direction was about... 

Edited by TheLukeP
clarification
  • Love 1