Type keyword(s) to search

Show Wishlist: What We'd Like To See

• Start Topic

I just saw a rerun of the "Funny Valentine" episode on the USA channel. I wish they would do a follow up episode to this one, by bringing that Caleb Bryant to justice. I always wonder why they left this one so unresolved. This is one person that Benson would have love to slap the handcuff on, or even shoot for that matter.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, dttruman said:

I just saw a rerun of the "Funny Valentine" episode on the USA channel. I wish they would do a follow up episode to this one, by bringing that Caleb Bryant to justice. I always wonder why they left this one so unresolved. This is one person that Benson would have love to slap the handcuff on, or even shoot for that matter.

Probably because Caleb Bryant committed the murder outside of NY’s jurisdiction, so unless he wasn’t charged with Micha’s murder there and returned to NYC to commit another crime, I don’t see how they could get him. 

Not every story has to have a happy ending, and I wish SVU would remember that now, the show has become more focused on pushing an agenda and pleasing a specific type of viewer than about being a crime show ever since Mariska became an executive producer, so much so that I think having a not guilty verdict now would trigger the SJW fans into a meltdown and the show won’t let that happen. 

1.  A toddler is reported missing and the last man to be seen with her is brought in as a suspect. When the child is later found drowned in a nearby pond he is charged with reckless endangerment for not taking her back to her parents and just leaving her on the road but claims in his defence he was terrified that people would think he was trying to abduct her. Both the nation and the SVU team are split down gender lines, women thinking his excuse is ridiculous but men understanding his viewpoint in the current climate. 

2. A hidden camera is found in an athletics hall capturing teenage couples who sneak in there to have sex. The camera is traced to an athletics coach but he claims he never watched the footage and it was to prevent false accusations against him whilst working with students. Meanwhile the camera tapes reveal a young girl in what appears to be an abusive relationship with her boyfriend but both consider themselves to simply be in a tempestuous love affair, the girl having previously been a self harmer.

3. An elderly billionaire industrialist is named as a sexual abuser by multiple accusers. However his family claim he is suffering from dementia and is unfit to stand trial, hiring private detectives (Chester Lake? Monique Jeffries?) to delve into the background of the complainants. Is the suspect faking to avoid prosecution or is he the victim of fraudsters wanting to sue a rich man who can no longer defend himself?   

7 hours ago, Joe Hellandback said:

A toddler is reported missing and the last man to be seen with her is brought in as a suspect. When the child is later found drowned in a nearby pond he is charged with reckless endangerment for not taking her back to her parents and just leaving her on the road but claims in his defence he was terrified that people would think he was trying to abduct her. Both the nation and the SVU team are split down gender lines, women thinking his excuse is ridiculous but men understanding his viewpoint in the current climate. 

I think this one is right up SVU writers' alley.  It gives Benson an opportunity to eviscerate the guy during questioning. I think the guy's excuse is "very weak", because all you have to do is call 911 and wait for the police to arrive when you find a lost child. But that is exactly the type of excuse the writers have been using lately. More thought would be put into the tongue-lashing Benson would be giving the guy instead of the creativity that was put into justifying the preceding event.

Edited by dttruman
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Probably because Caleb Bryant committed the murder outside of NY’s jurisdiction, so unless he wasn’t charged with Micha’s murder there and returned to NYC to commit another crime, I don’t see how they could get him. 

If Hargitay wanted it, they would come up with some kind of excuse. It wouldn't matter if it was a weak one or an absurd excuse.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, dttruman said:

I think this one is right up SVU writers' alley.  It gives Benson an opportunity to eviscerate the guy during questioning. I think the guy's excuse is "very weak", because all you have to do is call 911 and wait for the police to arrive when you find a lost child. But that is exactly the type of excuse the writers have been using lately. More thought would be put into the tongue-lashing Benson would be giving the guy instead of the creativity that was put into justifying the preceding event.

Ah but there could be additional factors, he didn't have his cellphone and he thought the kid was heading home. 

3 hours ago, Joe Hellandback said:

Ah but there could be additional factors, he didn't have his cellphone and he thought the kid was heading home. 

Maybe 20 years ago, but it seems like every adult even most kids have at least a cellphone. Yet the writers/producers will come up with lame excuses to create the situation for Benson. the most obvious and over used, "Oh, the battery was ran out of power!".

On Monday, April 16, 2018 at 2:55 PM, dttruman said:

Please, no.

1. The SVU are asked to review the investigation by another jurisdiction's sex crime unit which is investigating a long dead politician after being accused of ignoring allegations against him when he was alive. However as they delve deeper into the accuser's stories and fail to find accomplices or physical evidence they begin to have their doubts. But having announced the investigation in a blaze of publicity and spent millions on it the high command are loathe to admit they are wrong and are desperately trying to find anyone to convict.  

2.  A rape allegation against a notorious Mafioso results in a turf war between the SVU and the FBI who want to use the charges to flip him as an informant. However when it is discovered the victim's father was murdered by the Mafia the SVU begin to wonder if this was a set up for revenge?

3. The SVU work with IA to investigate a precinct which failed to investigate missing teenagers from a children's home who were then subjected to rape and underage prostitution. However the police union argue that the priority should be victims who want help which the missing kids reject and if every case was investigated thoroughly there would be no time for anything else. As Carisi goes undercover in the precinct he begins to share their point of view.  

4. An expert witness is targeted by a hate campaign for his testimony, which of the previous victim's he discredited is responsible?

5.  A recently renovated block of flats causes tension in a community who accuse it of gentrifying the area at the cost of the local people. However things take a more sinister turn when a series of residents are raped in their homes, the suspect seemingly able to penetrate the building's state of the art security system at will. But does the threat come from the inside or without?

6. The vital witness in a rape investigation turns out to already be in the witness protection programme, how does Stone use him at trial without getting him killed or kicked out of the programme?

7.  A victim of a fentanyl overdose claims she was raped and then forcibly injected by her rapist to kill her. The SVU explore the possibility that a serial killer/rapist is targeting the members of Narcotics Anonymous and murdering them by staging fake overdoses.    

8.  An online guide for paedophiles is published outlining grooming tactics, legal loopholes they can exploit, how to avoid police entrapment and identifying members of the SVU complete with their pictures. As Stone attempts to have it banned the question arises where does freedom of speech end and conspiracy to commit crime begin?   

• Love 2

Rather than eps I'd like to see here are a few scenes I'd really like to see;

Defence solicitor (Nic Brendon/Michael Biehn/Thomas Gibson?); "Lieutenant Benson, you have testified here that you are an expert on sex crimes, is that correct?"

Benson; "Yes"

"How many innocent people have you convicted in your career?"

"Errrr?"

"The answer is at least 5, isn't it?"

"If you say so"

"How many innocent people have you charged and brought to court?"

"Ummm?"

"The answers is dozens, isn't it?"

"Probably"

"How many innocent people have you arrested?"

"I don't know"

"But it would run into the hundreds, yes?"

"I'd think so"

"So what makes you think you're an expert on anything?" 

• Love 3

Defence solicitor; "Dr Warner, do you have confidence in the forensic evidence you have presented to the court in your testimony?"

Warner; "Yes, absolutely"

DS; "Dr Warner can you explain to the court the 'Wink' effect?"

W; "It was a method used to define child abuse in the 80s"

DS "And it has since been totally discredited, hasn't it?"

W; "Yes"

DS;  "Along with Expert fire marshals who can distinguish between arson and accidental fire, bite-mark testimony from dentists, recovered memories and forensic psychological profiling, all have been discredited by independent testing, haven't they?"  

W; "Yes"

DS; "And the medical profession is at virtual war over the diagnosis of shaken baby syndrome, isn't true?"

W; "Yes"

DS; "Yet at the time they were presented by the experts involved to the court with total confidence, is that not true?"

W; "At the time, yes"

DS; "And resulted in numerous false convictions and even executions?"

W; "Yes"

DS; "Dr Warner, can you guarantee us that your testimony here today won't be similarly discredited?"

W; "Guarantee you? No" 

• Love 2
(edited)

Ok, it's been awhile since I've posted, but I did have an idea a few weeks ago while trying to sleep.

So, men in a particular apartment complex are raped over the course of several years; some report it, some don't, but, since there is a lack of physical evidence (perp made the victims shower/clean up) and no forced entry, the case(s) grow cold. Several years later, a woman sues a man for (back) child support, and the man refuses to pay, since he claims he never had sex with the woman, and there's no way the child can be his.

The court orders a dna test, which proves paternity of the child, but the man still denies any previous relationship with the mother of said child. He talks to the SVU ADA to try to get suggestions as to what to do, and is berated by St. Benson for being scum because he won't pay child support. He still affirms his position of not knowing the woman, let alone fathering her child. St. Benson then has him take a lie detector test, which shows (at least creates some believability) St. Benson that he could at least possibly be telling the truth.

They dig through his background, i.e. where he's lived, worked, traveled, went to school, etc., and they discover that he lived in the same apartment complex where there are years old cases of female on male rape that are unsolved. The man, at first, is unwilling to admit he was assaulted, and, of course, St. Benson doesn't believe the story, because, you know, he's a man, and there's no way a woman would/could do such a thing; also, there's "no way woman can over power a man," even though she experienced a similar case years before.

The man undergoes hypnosis (with much debate about its' accuracy/reliability) and he recovers a repressed memory. He was asleep, and the landlords' daughter/wife/female relative entered the apartment (with a key- no forced entry) and would tie up/subdue the man, and rape him. She then would clean him/the apartment up, and leave. No one suspected her, since her hair/finger prints/ etc would be all over the complex due to her living/working there.

It ends up she had done this numerous times to numerous men, but would space it out to avoid suspicion. She did it at first for the thrill/because she was attracted to certain tenants, and only did it because she felt like they wouldn't otherwise pay her any attention. Eventually, she would attack certain men because she wanted to have children, and, again, felt like "she didn't have a chance otherwise" to have children/be with those tenants. Over the years, she had multiple children, but struggled to provide for them financially, so she started to sue the fathers for child support.

The episode could end on a cliff hangar of a verdict- yeah the kids deserve the financial support, but, the mother did break the law. This splits the squad- some say she shouldn't get it, others say she should, and others aren't sure.

But, for the love of God, leave it open ended. It could be a dialogue starter and thought provoking; I'm not saying it's a genius episode, but, I am so sick of being brow beat into what to think, and that St. Benson has all the answers.  Maybe even have her unsure- she started out not buying it, but the ends up unsure.

P.S.

Maybe have her be a pharmacist, chemist, or something in the medical field; she'd know what chemicals/medications would subdue a person, but still be able to "function" (for a lack of a better term). Perhaps she stayed in the apartments with her male relative (the landlord) while she was studying/starting out in her career. After she had finished her schooling, she stayed there for x amount of time to get established before moving out; which would explain why the attacks stopped and the trail went cold- also so she could "hide" the multiple children from family.

Edited by 25thID

Our detectives are called in to investigate a brutal rape and murder of a prisoner (maybe in Rikers, before it gets closed down?) Shortly after they arrive there, a riot breaks out. It soon becomes apparent that the rape and murder of a prisoner was just a ploy to lure SVU detectives into prison, and now all the rapists and murderers that they captured over the years are after them, hoping to kill them all.

• Love 1
On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:31 PM, 25thID said:

Ok, it's been awhile since I've posted, but I did have an idea a few weeks ago while trying to sleep.

So, men in a particular apartment complex are raped over the course of several years; some report it, some don't, but, since there is a lack of physical evidence (perp made the victims shower/clean up) and no forced entry, the case(s) grow cold. Several years later, a woman sues a man for (back) child support, and the man refuses to pay, since he claims he never had sex with the woman, and there's no way the child can be his.

The court orders a dna test, which proves paternity of the child, but the man still denies any previous relationship with the mother of said child. He talks to the SVU ADA to try to get suggestions as to what to do, and is berated by St. Benson for being scum because he won't pay child support. He still affirms his position of not knowing the woman, let alone fathering her child. St. Benson then has him take a lie detector test, which shows (at least creates some believability) St. Benson that he could at least possibly be telling the truth.

They dig through his background, i.e. where he's lived, worked, traveled, went to school, etc., and they discover that he lived in the same apartment complex where there are years old cases of female on male rape that are unsolved. The man, at first, is unwilling to admit he was assaulted, and, of course, St. Benson doesn't believe the story, because, you know, he's a man, and there's no way a woman would/could do such a thing; also, there's "no way woman can over power a man," even though she experienced a similar case years before.

The man undergoes hypnosis (with much debate about its' accuracy/reliability) and he recovers a repressed memory. He was asleep, and the landlords' daughter/wife/female relative entered the apartment (with a key- no forced entry) and would tie up/subdue the man, and rape him. She then would clean him/the apartment up, and leave. No one suspected her, since her hair/finger prints/ etc would be all over the complex due to her living/working there.

It ends up she had done this numerous times to numerous men, but would space it out to avoid suspicion. She did it at first for the thrill/because she was attracted to certain tenants, and only did it because she felt like they wouldn't otherwise pay her any attention. Eventually, she would attack certain men because she wanted to have children, and, again, felt like "she didn't have a chance otherwise" to have children/be with those tenants. Over the years, she had multiple children, but struggled to provide for them financially, so she started to sue the fathers for child support.

The episode could end on a cliff hangar of a verdict- yeah the kids deserve the financial support, but, the mother did break the law. This splits the squad- some say she shouldn't get it, others say she should, and others aren't sure.

But, for the love of God, leave it open ended. It could be a dialogue starter and thought provoking; I'm not saying it's a genius episode, but, I am so sick of being brow beat into what to think, and that St. Benson has all the answers.  Maybe even have her unsure- she started out not buying it, but the ends up unsure.

P.S.

Maybe have her be a pharmacist, chemist, or something in the medical field; she'd know what chemicals/medications would subdue a person, but still be able to "function" (for a lack of a better term). Perhaps she stayed in the apartments with her male relative (the landlord) while she was studying/starting out in her career. After she had finished her schooling, she stayed there for x amount of time to get established before moving out; which would explain why the attacks stopped and the trail went cold- also so she could "hide" the multiple children from family.

Interesting idea, it would be a little contrived in places but it would certainly be different. 

Scene I'd like to have seen;

Captain Cragen; "Eliot, you sure you're okay to return to duty?"

Stabler; "Yes sir, the job still needs to be done"

Captain Cragen; "Okay but I should inform you that the NYPD has decided to start video recording all suspect interviews"

Stabler; "No worries, it will make all their confessions all the more credible"

Cragen; "No I mean from beginning to end, from the moment you walk in the door so we see how you got to the confession"

Stabler; "But Captain that means I can't brutalise and threaten the suspects!"

Cragen; "Well you shouldn't have been doing that anyway"

Stabler; "Screw that, I quit"

Cragen; "Okay, what will I tell Olivia?"

Stabler; "Well just tell her I was upset about shooting that girl" 

• Love 4

From 'Smut' Season 10 Episode 10;

Defence solicitor; "Miss Andrews, could you please tell the court when you first came to believe you were raped?"

Victim (Laurel Andrews); "Well when Detective Benson told me I had been raped"

DS; "So you never actually believed you were raped until Detective Benson TOLD you that you'd been raped?"

Victim; "No"

DS; "Miss Andrews, how did you sustain the bruising to your thighs?"

Victim; "That was when the accused prised my legs apart to rape me"

DS; "But how can you know that? You have testified that you have no memory of the event?"

Victim; "Detective Benson told me that's what happened"

DS; "Miss Andrews, would you believe that this was rape at all if Detective Benson had not led you through your story from beginning to end and fed you the details?"

Victim; "I don't know" 

• Love 3
(edited)

1. A rapist targets epileptics, using a strobe light to incapacitate them then sexually assault them whilst pretending to help them. But one of the team seems extremely reluctant to get involved in confronting him....

2. A religious cult discovers one of their 13 year old members as being pregnant and proclaims her as being the subject of immaculate conception. As the SVU investigate the religious battle lines are drawn. 

3. A jailhouse snitch provides invaluable evidence in an SVU case but the SVU later discover he runs classes for other inmates in how to lie and exploit the system for their own benefit. As they investigate the SVU come under huge pressure from other law enforcers who have also used him and would see their current investigations jeopardized and past convictions overturned if the news leaked out.

4. A journalist writing a book about changing attitudes to sex crimes interviews the SVU. But when one unidentified detective comments that they think the pendulum has swung too far the other way and the system is now unfair to suspects a public outcry sees the SVU under intense IAB scrutiny to identify them. 

5. The SVU discover paedophiles have created their own prison gang to protect one another on the inside and provide for each other on the outside. When they try to have the inmates separated the prison authorities object as the sex offenders are their favourite prisoners, almost entirely non-violent and providing a calming influence on the population.   

6. A fading music star becomes a celebrity and feminist icon after exposing sexual assault and harassment in the music industry. However private detectives hired to investigate her past uncover a history of rampant drug abuse, mental health issues, support for terrorist causes and even that she was a member of a cult as a child. When she turns up under the influence of drugs to court the judge orders her arrested for contempt putting the SVU under wrath of the media and public opinion when they have to aid the bailiff in subduing her.

7.  A string of stranger rapes resemble a past series where a suspect has already been convicted with DNA evidence, eyewitness identification and confession. Is it a copycat, a false conviction or did the original rapist have an accomplice?

8.  A suspect is charged with a series of stranger rapes where the victim is branded with the marks of a popular 'Incel' group. However when he releases hidden camera footage of how cruelly his victims originally rejected him (and how he didn't target those who let him down gently) public opinion swings back in his favour. 

Edited by Joe Hellandback
Adding some other ideas
  • Love 1

Scenes I'd like to see;

1. Finn; "The FBI/DEA/ATF/CIA/organised crime taskforce etc are asking us to back off as we're jeopardizing their investigations"

Benson; "Better do that then, we don't want to ruin years of work and get their undercovers, witnesses and informants killed"

Jeffries; "What about our victim?"

Benson; "That's just one person, we're talking about potentially hundreds of lives. Besides, we're overwhelmed by the number of our own cases, we'd be glad to hand off some work to somebody else"

2. Defence solicitor; "Miss Jane Doe, you originally stated that you didn't want to give evidence, what changed your mind?"

Jane Doe; "Detective Benson said that there would be other victims and I would be letting them down if I didn't testify"

DS; "Have any other past victims come forward?"

Jane Doe; "No"

DS; "And has my client been accused by anyone since?" 

JD; "No"

DS; "So did Detective Benson show you some sort of crystal ball or mindreading device?"

3.  Victim/witness/suspect/journalist/random nutcase; "Hi, I'd like to speak to someone about...."

Finn; "What a second, how the hell did you get in here?"

"Uhhh, I just walked in"

Finn; "This is the sex crimes unit, it's a secure area, you DON'T just walk in!" 

• Love 1

1. Benson; "I need you to come in on your day off to work on something"

Finn; "Can't do it, promised my son we'd spend the day together"

Benson; "But this is important"

Finn; "And it'll be important again tomorrow and I'll give you 100%. But today I need a day off"

2. Carisi; "How's Noah?"

Benson; "He's fine, I packed him off to military school"

3. DS; "Doctor Warner, you examined the accuser, can you tell the court if this was rape or violent but consensual sex?"

Warner; "No, it would be impossible to distinguish between the two"

4. Benson; "We really need your co-operation in this matter"

Strip club manager/escort agency owner/porn producer; "No problem, happy to help, really care about my employees"

5. Jeffries; "We have a problem, the accuser is a friend/relative/former lover/colleague of mine"

Benson; "Well then you better recuse yourself from the investigation and let IAB know about your conflict of interest"

6. Benson; "You better co-operate or we'll get the IRS/Health and Safety/regulating authority in here to turn your business upside down"

Business owner; "Go ahead, we have nothing to hide"

7.  Benson; "Okay, let's go storm the suspect's house"

ESU team leader; "Right, you just stay here and I'll let you know when my team is finished" 

8. Carisi; "This has really upset you hasn't it?"

New female SVU recruit; "Yes, I'm so glad I was never raped or sexually abused in any way"

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

1. DS; "Lt Benson, you have testified that because the accuser didn't report immediately, wasn't injured, seems calm and collected and actually waited years before making any accusations that is not atypical behaviour of a rape victim"

Benson; "In my long experience, that's correct"

DS; "But if they had reported immediately, were injured and were hysterical that wouldn't be atypical behaviour either?"

Benson; "Yes"

DS; "Lt Benson is there any behaviour you would say is NOT typical of rape victim?"

2. DS; "Lt Benson if we could delve into your background for a moment, did you always want to work in sex crimes?"

Benson;  "Yes, I did"

DS; "Because you are actually a child of rape yourself?"

Benson; "Yes"

DS; "You never knew your father and your alcoholic mother abused you as a child to take out her anger at what he did to her?" 

Benson; "Yes"

DS; "So really your entire career has been one long quest for revenge against him and the people you persecute are surrogates for the dead father figure you can never punish in real life?". 

Spacing
  • Love 4
(edited)

1. Immigration service agent; "Sorry but we can't help you"

Benson; "Why not? This is important"

INS; "So is apprehending illegal immigrants but you won't help us"

Benson; "No, this is a sanctuary city"

INS; "So if you won't help us, why should we help you?"

2. Benson; "Okay so the suspect was found innocent in court but we'll follow him around until he offends again"

Carisi; "But what if he just waits us out? We can't follow him forever?"

Benson; (shocked) "Can anyone do that?"

Finn; "Doesn't matter anyway, I heard he left town"

Benson; (incredulous) "Left town? Is that even possible?"

3. Benson; "Hi, I'm a madam who wants to buy some underage prostitute slaves"

Pimp; "Wait a second aren't you that cop who is always in the newspapers and appearing on TV to talk about sex crimes?"

4. Benson; "Hi, we've just shut down a juvenile detention centre/homeless shelter/orphanage/old people's home/private hospital etc etc because they weren't up to scratch, where will we put all these people now?"

Social worker; "Search me? The whole reason we had to put up with that place was that there was no alternative. They're your responsibility now. Do you want to put them up at your police station?"

Benson; "Wuuuuuuuuuh?"

5.  Carisi; "I'm going to bring the prisoner out now"

Finn; "Hold on a second, we're bringing the victim out, we don't want them to meet one another"

6. Benson; "Hello Stone, mind if I join you at the bar and talk about the case?"

Stone, "Hell no, it wouldn't be ethical, especially as I've had a few. See me in my office on Monday"

Benson; "But this case means a lot to me"

Stone; "Which is why my decision shouldn't be influenced by you. It should be an independent decision based purely on the facts"

7.  Finn; "There he is, let's get him"

Carisi; "Yeah, tell you what let's wait until we are within touching distance of him before showing our badges, that way he can't run"

Finn; "Huh, I never thought of that"

Carisi; "Also can you not insult the witnesses whose help we need?"

8. Benson; "Well we can't convict the suspect for the crime we arrested him for so what else can you think off to prosecute him for?"

Stone; "Why would we want to do that? Cut him loose"

9. Finn; "The hostage negotiator is here Liv"

Benson; "Okay, I better hand over the phone the hostage taker is on to them then"

10. Rawlins; "So who do you think did it?"

Finn; "In my experience the white, rich doctor, Wall Street type or college student. If he's played by the guest star he's definitely guilty"

11. Social worker/parole officer/health inspector etc "Unfortunately we weren't able to visit that day as I was impossibly overworked"

Finn; "We understand, I mean we're all only human" 

12. Finn; "Yeah, the victim is an obese, elderly, Asian male"

Rawlins; "Really? You sure it's not a pretty rich white girl? That's what our fans like to see"

12th point
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

1. Hostage taker; "Put your gun down and join me over here"

Benson (keying her radio mike so everyone can hear their conversation) "No, I'm not giving you an additional hostage, I'm backing away and we're going to talk about this, it's all going to be okay, we'll work it out"

2. Carisi; "So we checked out the accuser and it turns out she has long history of mental illness"

Rollins; "And?"

Carisi; "And what?"

Rollins; "Haven't we found some greater crime the accused is guilty off? Remember he is a flashy, rich, womaniser?"

Carisi; "No" 

3. Stone; "Do you want to tell me why you arrested the kidnapped and tortured hostage?"

Benson; "Well there was a rape allegation against him"

Stone; "By a crazy woman with a gun took 4 people hostage, maimed one and may have killed another? Do you think every time there's a sex crime allegation we should automatically assume it's true?"

Benson; "Yes, I mean he is a man"

4. Benson; "How can you represent rapist scum like your client? Don't you know the horrific crimes he's accused off?"

Defence solicitor; "Yes, accused off, you don't know if he's guilty. When a victim walks through the door do you automatically assume they're lying?"

Benson; "Huh?"

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

1. Teacher; "Yes, I knew the victim, she was one of my favourite pupils"

Finn; "Yeah I bet you have a great time leering after all the teenage hotties. Still we need your help on this"

Teacher; "Well I was going to help you but after saying that to me you can go f*ck yourself" 

2. Carisi; "You know an awful lot of sex crimes seems to happen on these rocks in central park, maybe we should set a camera up or something?"

Rollins; "Yeah, maybe by that tunnel it always happens at too?"

3. Rollins; "We have the CCTV, what can you do with it?"

Lt Paul Wang; "Nothing, I'm afraid it's incompatible with our systems"

4. Internal Affairs senior officer; "The entire squad is suspended until we review the case of this suspect/victim/witness who died whilst in your care?"

Benson; "Huh? We get people killed all the time, it's never been an issue before"

5. Witness; "Well you see I have this weird fetish for covering myself in jelly beans and performing naked hopscotch in the parking lot of the New York public library"

Benson; "That's okay, we all have our little kink, my idea of a good Friday night involves a good hardcore porno, nipple clamps, a blindfold, a spanking machine and a Wilma Deering star pilot uniform"

Rollins; "And I pick up foreign sailors to perform group bukkake with me on my webcam channel"

6. Finn; "You called us out for this trivial crap?"

Hudson University security guard; "Hey, you always gave us a hard time for not reporting everything, well now we do"

7. Carisi; "So we've cleared the priest of any wrongdoing"

Rollins; "You sure? You mean he didn't even cover anything up?" 

8. Benson; "We need patrol to do house to house for us"

Precinct commander; "Sorry, we're all busy, there is other crime going on you know"

9. Victim; "So will you get the guy?"

Benson; "Probably not, our conviction rate is in single figures, it's largely just one drunken and drugged person's word against another and the victims normally drop it rather than face the hassle of a trial"

10. Benson; "We have him on tape admitting the rape"

Stone; "But this is blatant entrapment, you got her to promise to drop the charges in return for him admitting the rape to her, anyone would say that to escape the nightmare of prosecution" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

A young woman is beaten and raped in her home. Our detectives quiclly track down and arrest a young man in suspicion of the crime. He soon confesses to the rape, but the case turns complicated when he claims that he raped the woman in question as a revenge, because she had raped him five years prior, when he was a teenager. The case turns even more complicated when the victim admits that she was a chronic alcoholic back when the alleged "first" rape took place, and she'd often suffer from blackouts, so she doesn't even remember some entire days from that time period, and can't tell for sure that she didn't rape him.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Mislav said:

A young woman is beaten and raped in her home. Our detectives quiclly track down and arrest a young man in suspicion of the crime. He soon confesses to the rape, but the case turns complicated when he claims that he raped the woman in question as a revenge, because she had raped him five years prior, when he was a teenager. The case turns even more complicated when the victim admits that she was a chronic alcoholic back when the alleged "first" rape took place, and she'd often suffer from blackouts, so she doesn't even remember some entire days from that time period, and can't tell for sure that she didn't rape him.

I like that, it would be interesting to see if they except that excuse from a woman but not a man. 

(edited)

A young lesbian couple is found shot to death in their Manhattan apartment. They were also both sexually mutilated post-mortem, and their infant daughter is missing. One victim worked as a social worker, while the other worked as a reporter. Their apartment is ransacked, but only their laptops and phones appear to be missing, as well as some baby supplies. No signs of forced entry.

Our detectives start out by looking into registered sex offenders living in the area. When they go to question one of the convinced child molesters on the list, they find him dead in his home, also shot to death and sexually mutilated post-mortem. He has been dead for over a week. His apartment, too, is ransacked, but no valuables appear to be missing. No signs of forced entry. Ballistics link the two cases. Forensics also discover shoe prints and traces of gasoline on both crime scenes. They eventually link that evidence to five unsolved arsons that took place in Manhattan and Brooklyn over the last two months; two of them planted at private abortion clinics, the next two planted in mosques, and the last one planted in a big and successful, albeit controversial cosmetic company, which had been suspected of testing its products on animals and illegally disposing of the toxic waste multiple times, but they always managed to avoid prosecution. Our detectives now suspect that they are dealing with the case of domestic terrorism; religiously and politically motivated crimes.

A prominent Manhattan DA, who has prosecuted several high-profile cases of domestic terrorism, and is apparently a good friend of Olivia's and an acquaintance of Peter Stone, soon inquires about the investigation, amd offerschis assistance. He mentions that, in "this day and age", "those guys" often start out by spreading their ideology online. Detectives search for suspicious essays and manifestos recently posted online, as well as shady Internet comments about the crimes. They find several comments, under the same penname, making semi-supportive comments about the arsons. Their techs trace the email and IP address to a young Catholic couple living in Manhattan; they own a bakery, and also run a soup kitchen together. Techs also discover that an anonymous anti-abortion essay was published online under the same email and IP address, a few months before the crimes started. A background check on the couple reveals that the husband was charged with assaulting a gay teenager in 2014, but ultimately never convicted due to a lack of evidence, and because the victim refused to testify.

Detectives interrogate the couple, who deny any involvement, but can't provide an alibi. The husband also claims that his arrest and charge were bogus; he beat up the teenager because he attempted to mug him, and some "overly ambitious young ADA" tried to spin it around and get a conviction, but ultimately dropped the charges when it became obvious that they wouldn't stick. The couple refuses to let the detectives search their home, and eventually ask them to leave. There isn't enough circumstancial evidence for a warrant. Detectives put the couple under a police surveillance, but the couple soon spots the cops, confronts them and tells them to leave, threatening to sue the NYPD if they "keep this up". The surveillance is called off.

Soon, detectives receive a taunting phone call from somebody claiming responsibility for the arsons and murders (obviously using a voice changer), revealing the details only a guilty party would know, detailing his ideology and goals, and announcing more attacks. Techs trace the phone call to an isolated parking lot in Brooklyn. By the time the detectives get there, the perpetrators are long gone. They only find a cab, and a dead cab driver inside. The victim is twenty five years old Afghan immigrant, and a muslim, shot two times in the back of the head. No genital mutilation this time. A religious slur was written on the windshield, in the victim's blood. Nothing appears to be stolen. His phone is found under the back seat; after murdering the driver, the killer(s) used his phone to make a taunting phone call to the authorities.

Forensics find fresh traces of flour and baker's yeast on the back seat, as well as some boiled corn drops. Detectives remember that the couple they investigated owns a bakery, and also runs a soup kitchen. Soon, the missing baby turns up alive and well; somebody left her in a Manhattan Catholic church, that the suspicious couple often goes to. GPS records show that the last victim's cab last took off from the cab stand located close to that church.

That is enough circumstantial evidence for an arrest warrant, and a search warrant. The couple is arrested, and their house, car and workplace are searched. Detectives find gasoline, canisters and cloths, matching to the ones used in the arsons, though they don't find the shoes matching to the shoe prints found on the crime scenes. They also find a scrap book, consisting of the news articles about the crimes. Forensics match the flour, baker's yeast and corn found in the suspects' possession to the traces find on the back seat of the cab; though those are all very common brands. No gun or amunition is found on the premises, though a murder weapon, an unlicensed .45 caliber gun, is found in a lake near their home, along with the laptops and phones stolen from the second and third victim (ruined beyond repair), and a knife used to sexually mutilate the first three victims. Although Peter Stone thinks that the evidence isn't very strong, he eventually charges both the husband and wife with five counts of vandalism and arson, four counts of murder in the second degree, hate crimes and terrorism. They both plead not guilty.

The trial attracts huge media attention. During the trial, the aforementioned Manhattan DA keeps asking questions about the court proceedings, and keep showing up at the trial. Peter Stone grows suspicious of the DA's involvement, and with Fin's help, he looks into him. The two of them soon learn of the rumors that the DA might have been molesting young girls and boys, linked to numerous cases that he had been prosecuting, some of the victims being prepubescent, and that he was also recently suspected of embezzlement and fraud. Most of the alleged victims came from troubled backgrounds, making them unlikely to come forward with the accusations against a prominent DA. Many of the suspected victims ended up committing suicide. A further investigation also shows that the DAs car received a parking ticket near the apartment belonging to the young lesbian couple who was murdered, on the day and the approximate time of the murder. Peter and Fin they remember that one of the victims in question worked as a social worker, while her wife was a reporter. They also note that their apartment was ransacked, and their laptops and phones were missing, but not anything else. Next, they also discover that, at the time of his arrest back in 2008, the first murder victim (a convicted child molester) lived close to the shady DA. His apartment too, was ransacked, but nothing appeared to be missing. They start suspecting that the DA committed those arsons and murdered those people in order to cover up his crimes, and then framed the Catholic couple who lived in the area and had a small criminal record. But there is no forensic evidence against him, and the media is up in arms about addressing and "taking care of" the issues of domestic terrorism and religious extremism. Olivia also refuses to believe that a prominent Manhattan DA, not to mention her friend, is behind all that, causing tension between her and Stone. Who is right? And how much does the media, and the "court of public opinion", color the one's perception of the suspects, and influence the court proceedings?

Edited by Mislav
  • Love 1

Since SVU isn't suppose to be just sex crimes I actually thought since the show is NYC based they might have done a take on a school stabbing here about a year ago.  A 19yr old killed a 15yrs old classmate and it still bothers me the extent of which the 19yr old was defended. The news often mentioned the 15yrs old being a bully who did throw spit balls and showed interviews of people saying the 19yr old was teased for liking the Kardashians and implied he had what a lot of people would say are feminine tendancies. The news would would always show a picture the the victim, who was black, that reminded me of how the news manages to find pictures of black victims of police shootings that make them look intimidating. The murderer was Spanish btw. I do not like how, whIle bullying isn't okay, the tone was very much in favor of the 19yr old which basically to me says the death penalty is okay for a 15year old who may have been an asshole; who wasn't given the chance to grow up.

SVU could make the 19yr old 17 to get them involved. The defense claims self defense or diminished compacity from bullying but Stone doesn't  think that will do justice for the victim who never got more physical that spit balls. Whats extreme bullying and what is, yeah unfortunately,  behavior that isn't great but isn't worth death and kids for decades don't generally stab classmates so just because bullying is a hot topic doesn't mean its a catch all excuse to act out however you want. 

Maybe the show is too SJW to even entertain the idea of wanting justice for him but as I've said he was 15. You just don't deserve to DIE for that. I haven't worked out exactly how SVU would investigate but it's not a woman making a claim and Benson immediately wanting to go after the guy. I know there was a really old episode of one kid stabbing another because him and the sister had lesbian mothers but I think it also pivoted to custodial rights because the bio mom was dying and her parents wanted the kids over their other mom. This could be different by solely focussing on the crime of someone killing their classmate and the current state of how at times it seems people are looking to over correct for being flippant about "kids will be kids" asshole behavior being more acceptable  to the point where now if your called a bully you deserve whatever your target wants to do to you.

(edited)

A young woman comes forward, claiming that her friend raped her... a month before she decided to report the crime to the police. Of course, there is no forensic evidence of that anymore. Our detectives promise her to look into it. They bring the guy in for interrogation; with Olivia leading the way, of course. Per usual, they immediately act like he is totally guilty, but he denies any involvement and they can't charge him with anything due to a lack of evidence, so they have to let him go. Olivia continues looking into every aspect of his life, questioning his ex-girlfriends, friends and family members, and even following him around, hoping to find any kind of evidence proving his guilt. Having accomplished nothing, she eventually brings him in for interrogation again, and gets him to "confess" to the rape by claiming that the forensics have found solid evidence against him (they didn't, but police officers/detectives are legally allowed to lie about that kind of stuff as an "interrogation technique"), and telling him how he will spend the rest of his life in prison, probably getting gang-raped by other prisoners, unless he "confesses and shows some remorse". Peter Stone is suspicious of the confession (the only "evidence", except for the victim's testimony), but Olivia, of course, convinces him to pursue the case anyway. The guy is charged with rape... and then it is revealed that he and his "victim" are both independent journalists who set the whole thing up in order to prove how much Olivia Benson sucks at her job.

Maybe that could be a series finale...

Edited by Mislav
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

1. The SVU deal with multiple cases, one a virgin schoolgirl snatched off the street, one a housewife raped in her own home, one an allegation of child abuse against a stepfather, one a drunken date rape and one a possible drug rape. As the cases progress we see how the police/media/courts/jurors treat the victims differently based on their character and circumstances.

2. A different twist on the above, a serial rapist unusually targets both men and women and a transgender person, we see how the male victim's experience is significantly different from the female's and the transgender person's different still.  

3. The SVU investigate sexual misconduct by members of another law enforcement agency but then find themselves under investigation by a third agency over alleged misconduct during their investigations. Stone must juggle multiple cases where the SVU are simultaneously the investigators, suspects, witnesses and possible victims, each police unit being used as an instrument of political attack against the other by their masters.    

4. A martial arts expert is brought into the ER badly beaten and raped but does not wish to make any allegations. Investigations bring the SVU to an underground fight club where if the challenger wins they get a cash reward but if they lose they must submit to being raped, leaving Stone an almighty headache in court when it comes to the issue of consent. 

5. A scientist argues that paedophilia is a psychiatric illness brought on by porn addiction, the addict left so desensitized by normal porn they begin to stray into illegal types. When challenged by Stone in court he argues that anyone could develop an addiction if exposed to enough and challenges them to take part in an experiment to prove the hypothesis. 

1. An internet guide 'How to make rape accusations for riches and other benefits' goes viral and gives the SVU an almighty headache, not only causing false allegations but discrediting every genuine victim who the defence can prove ever read it.  

2. A scientist comes up with an algorithm which predicts who will be raped, the SVU must disprove it before it leads to hysteria and a foolproof defence for rapists. 

3. An anonymous internet allegation against the millionaire head of a talent agency results in a series of similar accusations. But there is no agency, it's a fake and the accused is an actor hired by hoaxers who videoed all his interactions with his accusers to disprove them. Stone must now decide whether to prosecute the hoaxers and seem vindictive or prosecute the accusers and put off real victims? 

(edited)

1. The SVU launch a telephone appeal following a high profile incident and we see the various people who call in interact with the SVU, their motivations and consequences of their information.  

2. A woman undergoing therapy accuses her notorious groupie mother of forcing her to have a threesome with a famous actor/rock star/sports champion (essentially just Jack Nicholson) when she was 18. The mother admits it but says it was consensual and the star causes outrage by describing it as just a perk of his job. Meanwhile SVU try to have the mother's other underage teenage daughter and son removed from her care but she and her kids fight them every step of the way. 

3. 2 African American teenagers are killed in a chase following a routine traffic stop sparking a riot. As a result the NYPD cracks down on high speed pursuits and issues a new set of guidelines, forbidding them if they endanger the officers or public. When a serial rapist kidnaps a woman off the streets a senior officer calls off the chase, citing that the previous victims had all been released unharmed and the pursuit would actually endanger her more.  The SVU catch the rapist only after he offends again and Stone must fight a lawsuit launched by the outraged victims with the backing of the women's movement.  

4. When an exposer of fake military veterans is raped the SVU have to delve into the strange world of armchair commandos and stolen valour. 

4th point

Eps I'd like to see;

Progression; we see a suspect start off as an abused kid and gradually evolve into a serial killer/rapist, going from voyeur to flasher to burglar to date rapist to stranger rapist to murderer, interacting at every stage with the various members of the SVU as he goes (a great opportunity to maybe bring back some old characters?). In the final scene we see him sitting in his prison cell thinking of the young and innocent boy he used to be then thinking of his victims before bursting into tears. 

Explorer; when a serial rapist attacks seemingly at random and makes impossible escapes using the city's hidden infrastructure the SVU target a group of 'urban explorers' whose hobby is to utilise such networks.

Pro-Life; a 'reproductive abuser' kidnaps anti-abortion activists and releases them when they get pregnant by him, knowing that their beliefs would forbid them having a termination. When one decides to have an abortion after all she becomes the centre of a storm of debate between the varying factions.

Deterrent; an officer on a nuclear missile submarine makes an allegation of rape against one of her ratings. He denies it, claiming they were having an affair and that she has made the accusation in order to save her career. However the real issue rapidly becomes the Captain's refusal to stop the patrol or even contact command for instructions, citing national security as taking precedence.

Spin; a serial rapist causes hysteria in New York by posting vids of him using a spinning wheel to decide his next victim's race, age, hair colour, employment etc Things get even more panicked when he reveals he is a master of disguise and starts dropping hints of how he will look when he commits his next crime, causing lynch mobs to target men fitting his description.

Scene I'd like to see;

Benson; (to suspect) "Don't leave town"

Suspect; "Why not?"

Benson; (perplexed) "We may want to speak to you again?"

Suspect; "So? I'm not under arrest, I'm not on bail, I'll go where I like"

Benson; "Huh?" 

• Love 1

There are three ideas I have for episodes I wish would happen. I honestly feel like there aren’t enough episodes where the perp is a female. Maybe that’s just me, but I feel recently it’s almost always a male. And in the two cases I can think of from this past season, one still had a guy charged with rape and the other Noah’s grandmother. 

Idea 1: A string of rape/murders rock the SVU Squad but what happens when the rapist isn’t who they think it is. 

Idea 2: When shippers of a popular, though non-canon, ship are raped and assaulted, they instantly point fingers at shippers of a rival, though canon, ship. But is there more to the story than there appears?

Idea 3 (kinda similar to idea 2): An actor is accused of raping a female. He insists he is innocent and that he doesn’t even know the accuser. Is there more to the story?

All three would have twists that would probably shock audiences. 

For Idea 1 it is found out that most of the victims are either straight or bisexual women with a few lesbians in the mix. The SVU automatically assumes that it’s a male perp. They find that near the dump site for the crimes lives a man known for his homophobia and they arrest him. However, there is no DNA linking him to the victims, as they have no DNA on them. Another victim is found and she does have DNA on her. However, the DNA is not male, but rather female. It’s revealed that the perp had asked out all the vics but they had turned her down so she raped and killed them. 

I’m pretty sure SVU has done Idea 1 with a male perp so I would love to see it with a female perp. 

Ideas 2 and 3 are pretty much the same. For Idea 2 it turns out the rapes and assaults were all staged by the shippers of the non-canon ship in order to paint the shippers of the canon ship as bad people. For Idea 3 it turns out pretty much the same as Idea 2, the accuser was lying because the actor plays a character who is the love interest of the female main character and the accuser hates the character that the actor plays because she ships a rival ship. 

Idea 1 is the one that I really want to happen. Ideas 2 and 3 are more of a reflection of my annoyances at ships wars. 

• Love 1

1. A convicted prisoner is freed when his accuser is submitted to a mental health hospital after suffering a psychotic episode. But the SVU suffer similar breakdowns after drinking coffee at her flat and realise it was spiked with hallucinogens after a previous burglary. Did the prisoner pay someone on the outside to drug her in order to discredit her and allow an appeal? 

2.  New York introduces legislation to set tighter statutes of limitation to cut down on the number of historical sex claims and abolish financial sureties for those on bail. The DA and SVU are split on the matter, Finn in particular arguing that financial bail requirements discriminate against the poor. 

3.  A party of alleged rape victims from the conflict in Yemen arrive in New York to picket a weapons manufacturer supplying America's allies in the conflict. But when one of the senior executives of the company ends up apparently raped is this a revenge attack, frame job, false flag or trick gone wrong?

Scene I'd like to see;

Defence solicitor; "Lt Benson, you've testified here today as an expert in sex crimes, is that correct?"

Benson; "Yes"

DS; "So as an expert in sex crimes have you ever dealt with any false allegations?"

Benson; "Yes,"

DS; "How many?"

Benson; "In my career, must be hundreds"

DS; "And they fooled you?"

Benson; "Some did, others I was suspicious of from the start. But as a sex crimes investigator it is my duty to believe all victims who report"

DS; "As it is mine to believe in my client's innocence. Why do people make false allegations?"

Benson; "A great many reasons, revenge, attention, money, shame, some are just confused"

DS; "Political gain?"

Benson; "Sometimes"

DS; "And even as an expert in sex crimes you wouldn't be able to tell the difference?"

Benson; "No" 

1. A man is charged with incest with his teenage daughter but exonerated when tests prove he is not actually related to her. However when it transpires that she is not genetically related to her 'mother' either the SVU investigate the IVF service they used and find a disturbing number of couples giving birth to beautiful, blue-eyed blonde girls....   

2. A famous female competition shooter and alt-right speaker is found raped with the words 'Your guns won't protect you' carved on her skin creating a political snowstorm around an already sensitive investigation, especially when New York law forbade her from carrying her normal personal protection weapon. 

3. An illegal immigrant represented by an anti-ICE campaign group accuses her employer of raping her, allowing her to stay in the US until his trial, the anti-ICE group then funding fertility treatments for her to get pregnant with an 'anchor baby'. Stone must deal with the political fallout and is put at loggerheads with Olivia who defends a woman's right to get pregnant if she wish, whatever the circumstances. 

Ripping from the all too tragic and repetitive headlines -

The squad arrests a man for assaulting his wife/girlfriend. He has a history and they are convinced he is dangerous, so Stone tries to nail him, but the judge is rather dismissive and gives him probation and an order of protection. Shortly after he attempts a mass shooting, but is caught relatively early after only a few casualties. The squad is called in since they are familiar with the perp. His lawyer is attempting a psych defense arguing that misogyny and rage is a mental illness. The squad finds that there is no pragmatic motive, so it moves to trial with the squad and the shrinks (ideally they would bring back Olivet or Skoda and have Abernathy take the other side) having conflicting feelings since they all want to see him in jail, but some of them really like the idea that hating women is a form of mental illness and maybe being able to lock up some abusers in psych wards before they graduate to murder or felony assault might prevent some of the worst cases that come across their desks.  They could do the classic SVU exposition dump with all the statistics about how domestic violence is linked to mass shootings and how it's not taken seriously enough and there would be a good plot reason for the squad to be involved in a social issue in the headlines as well as good reasons for the characters to have different opinions without being right or wrong.

• Love 2

1. An elderly senior female judge makes a mistake jeopardizing a rape case. Stone wishes to report her for malpractice but is faced with a cavalcade of objections as she is a liberal icon and by removing her it would alter the balance of power in the court system.

2. An Iraq war veteran claims she was raped on deployment after her husband discovers one of their children is not his. However the accused claims she had an affair with him to deliberately get pregnant in order to cut her tour short.  

3. A popular comedian causes a storm of controversy when she refers to sexual experimentation with her younger brother as a child in her autobiography. The case grows personal for Benson when Noah mentions similar behaviour with his cousins (her brother Simon's kids) placing her in a dilemma.

Scene I'd like to see; 

Olivia/Finn; "Sit down!"

Suspect; "No"

Olivia/Finn goes to force him to sit down

Defence solicitor; "Officer are you about to assault my client?"

Olivia/Finn; "Huh?" 

• Love 2

1.  A rape victim whose case has been turned down by a small police force outside NY appeals to the SVU for help, causing Benson to butt heads with a mirror image police chief (think essentially Sarah Palin) who argues that she doesn't have the resources of the big rich NYPD and must focus them on the cases she has a chance of winning. The press get hold of the story and blow it up into a 'postcode lottery', that rapists who offend in certain areas have little chance of being caught compared to others. 

2.  A former FBI profiler (Thomas Gibson?) approaches the SVU claiming to be tracking a serial rapist who avoids detection by moving around the country and they have only 24 hours to catch him in New York before he moves again. When it is revealed he was retired from the FBI due to a mental breakdown the team must consider whether this is fantasy or reality? 

3.  The SVU receive a series of anonymous leaks from a law firm which specializes in representing well heeled accused allowing them to win cases they would otherwise have lost. Benson & co want to continue to use their new source whilst Stone is adamant whoever it is must be prosecuted for malpractice.

Scenes I'd like to see;

Benson; "You're the worst sort of scum, making women feel worthless and powerless!"

Accused; "Excuse me, since when was it my job to make them feel fulfilled and empowered?"

Benson; ".. and you have to do this because it's your duty as a woman and I know better than you"

Victim; "Really? Because I don't necessarily believe what you believe and think you're a patronising sanctimonious hypocrite!"

Benson; "So now I've put you face to face with your accuser are you going to confess?"

Accused; "To what? I'm still innocent!"

Benson (perplexed); "Darn, I was sure that would work"

Accuser; "God, I was getting over my rape but now I feel like killing myself!"

Benson; "God that new politician/senior officer/journalist/bureaucrat/campaigner is really making things tough for us! What crimes can we prove him guilty off to get him off our back?"

Carisi; "None as far as we can tell"

Benson; "Really? Anyone who opposes us is nearly always corrupt or at very least guilty of malpractice?"

Rollins; "I'm pregnant again"

Benson; "Jesus Christ Amanda do you live in a shoe or something?"

Adding 4+5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

1. A rapist hands his victims a loaded gun (with silencer) before raping them, giving them the choice to either submit or kill him. In court Stone must convince a jury of the difficulty of human beings to take another's life even when their own is threatened, Benson coming apart on the stand when questioned about how she unhesitatingly killed her own rapist.

2.  Frustrated by a juvenile delinquent victim repeatedly not showing up to court a judge orders her arrested and kept in the cells to ensure she appears to testify. The accused is convicted but a public outcry ensues with victim groups blaming the SVU for victimising the accuser all over again and sending rape victims to prison.

3.  A young girl demonstrates sexually aggressive behaviour towards other children and when interviewed states that this is what she did with her parents. When they are arrested they claim to have been the victims of a home invasion which they did not report as the robbers had forced them to have sex with their daughter and filmed it, threatening to put it on the web if they reported the crime. The SVU don't believe them but when a teenage girl collapses at school she is found to be pregnant with her father's baby and tells exactly the same story.... 

• Love 3
On 11/25/2018 at 7:29 AM, Joe Hellandback said:

2.  Frustrated by a juvenile delinquent victim repeatedly not showing up to court a judge orders her arrested and kept in the cells to ensure she appears to testify. The accused is convicted but a public outcry ensues with victim groups blaming the SVU for victimising the accuser all over again and sending rape victims to prison.

There is a little part is this scenario that has been in so many other episodes, but it just frustrates me to no end. I hate how a special victims complain to SVU about why they can't get justice. But when they finally go to court, the victims conveniently become afraid to testify.

On 11/25/2018 at 8:54 AM, SarahPrtr said:
On 11/25/2018 at 7:29 AM, Joe Hellandback said:

All really great plots!!! 

I agree! I would suggest you pay very close attention to the plot lines in future episodes, JOE HELLANDBACK. You will probably recognize some of your ideas until the "Benson Effect" skews it.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, dttruman said:

There is a little part is this scenario that has been in so many other episodes, but it just frustrates me to no end. I hate how a special victims complain to SVU about why they can't get justice. But when they finally go to court, the victims conveniently become afraid to testify.

Based on a real case here in the UK which was very controversial, I don't blame victims for losing it in court, that's one of the more accurate things SVU depicts. One thing to be confident with a detective in private but appearing in court and facing your attacker...?

16 hours ago, dttruman said:

I agree! I would suggest you pay very close attention to the plot lines in future episodes, JOE HELLANDBACK. You will probably recognize some of your ideas until the "Benson Effect" skews it.

Thanks although I'm sure even if they're desperate for new storylines after 20 years they don't take them from forums. Maybe from fanfic?

On 11/28/2018 at 5:13 AM, Joe Hellandback said:

Based on a real case here in the UK which was very controversial, I don't blame victims for losing it in court, that's one of the more accurate things SVU depicts. One thing to be confident with a detective in private but appearing in court and facing your attacker...?

I am sorry, I should have been more specific and thorough concerning my statement. The frustration I speak of, would be the "over the top" criticism of the SVU and demand for quick justice by the victim or (especially) the victim's parents. But then they do a complete 180 and take a hard "how dare you" put our child through this ordeal of testifying, when the suspect is brought to trial. I don't know if it is tool, so the viewers will be more sympathetic towards the SVU for the sometimes thankless efforts or is it a personal favorite of "You know who", so that Benson will give one of her typical "all inspiring" speeches to a victim, so that it will give her the courage to testify.

Edited by dttruman
  • Love 2

Elderly, people with intellectual disabilities, cognitive and developmental disabilities and foster care kids (often some combination of these items.) They are disproportionately targeted for all kinds of abuse, but SVU doesn't cover that much. Many abusers like to go after kids with DD or ID problems as they are often deemed unfit to stand trial, and it would be nice if SVU covered those issues more. I've sadly met so many DD/ID adult people who grew up in foster care and had the most horrendous things happen to them. And in the news, you get stories of people adopting foster kids knowing they won't be missed and raping/killing them.

Speaking from personal experience, I had a case that I think would be really interesting to see grace SVU, and it was a false accusation - but made by the police and doctors! It was such an awful experience. But damn, it would make such a great SVU episode. I'd love to be a writer on that episode. The only thing is, it'd be so awful seeing them making these types of errors, so I suppose it would be better for them to be called in somewhere else and find out about all of this second-hand. I mean, stuff-of-nightmares types of incompetence that actually happened to me and my family. But I always think, damn, that - as awful as it was - would be a hell of an SVU episode. Man, if I had a chance to write for that episode, I'd try to dig up all the police transcripts, medical reports, everything. My family couldn't get justice because of the immunity law enforcement and medical professionals get under mandatory reporting laws (which wasn't fair, because the forensic pathologist demonstrated how incompetent the examinations were.) 

Edited by SEOB
  • Love 4

01. A muckraking tabloid journalist jeopardizes a rape case but then suffers a copycat rape herself. The SVU initially investigate the original victim's boyfriend and family but when another journalist who produced sleazy coverage of tragic fire is badly burnt in an arson they wonder are they dealing with a vigilante targeting the media?

2. Carisi gets romantically involved with a rape victim who accuses a human rights lawyer of raping her and recording it on his laptop. However when the recording proves him innocent she moves out of town leaving him forlorn. But when he tries to illicitly track her down using the SVUs computer system he discovers she doesn't exist, raising the idea that this was all a CIA scam to get access to the computer.   

3. An Iranian gameshow hostess champions the cause against an Iranian businessman who brings his 10 year old wife with him to America, having had a similar experience herself. The SVU investigate but face public outrage when Stone decides they can do nothing without evidence of sexual activity taking place in the US. 

Just remembered under New York law a 14 yer old would be legal.
  • Love 1

If I was running NBC the next episode would be a group of women with breast implants or other cosmetic surgery being attacked and killed. Initially it is suspected that it is a perv so the squad is called in. Benson at first isn't sure that the signature is really what they think because aging, childbirth, etc. might be responsible for the changes in the victims' bodies. After personally supervising a re-examination by the ME she comes to accept they are correct. Fin and Carisi do all the fieldwork. Carisi is very troubled, as he has moral concerns about the objectification of women and unrealistic beauty standards, but supports the right of women to make their own decisions. Fin tells him he is overthinking things and that this is just a sick bastard and that as far as he is concerned to each their own although he's always been of the opinion that silicone parts are made for toys. Carisi also admits he likes his women a little more average as well and thinks that they should spend their money on mental health and maybe a good family law attorney. It is ultimately revealed that the perps are two aging sisters played by big name guest stars who were victimized in the past by an attacker who liked big chested women although we don't learn that until Benson figures it out after she questions them with Rollins. It ends with a big courtroom scene where one of them dies from faulty botox (although Benson doesn't believe they had botox despite Fin pointing out that her forehead hasn't moved the entire time the squad had her in custody).

Episode title: "Altered Knockers"

Edited by wknt3
  • Love 2