Type keyword(s) to search

Billy On The Street - General Discussion

• Start Topic

There really is no excuse for a lack of pop culture knowledge. As Billy disgustedly breaks it down: "A library has computers and a computer has You Tube and You Tube has Chewbacca mama and carpool karaoke." Honestly!

Poor Rachel Dratch. I hope she didn't hurt herself.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

I also liked the Mormon gal. She was enjoyable.

She was adorable! I enjoyed how open and friendly she was, notwithstanding trying to recruit Billy. Heh. If she lived in New York, I'd be all for her replacing Elena as Billy's occasional sidekick.

• Love 2

Billy cracks me up but I'm also continually impressed at just how much pop culture knowledge he has. It's not like he prepared for a question about Nicole Kidman's move roles and Oscar nominations, but bam! He whips it out off the top of his head.

As for the question in the episode title -- apparently not. At least in comparison to Wendy Williams.

• Love 2

I really liked Brittany. That segment with her was good.

I stopped watching Gotham after season 1, but Robin Taylor impressed me. I had no idea he and Billy were friends and started this whole comedy bit together. The obstacle course was fun.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Why is the "Name 10 Gay People" game so hard? I'm sitting here 12 hours later STILL having trouble coming up with 10 live ones. 

Honestly! Although Billy screaming that what's-her-name IS TRANS cracked me up.

I felt like I couldn't use the ones Keegan did and it took me 5+ minutes of quiet contemplation, but I finally cobbled together a list.

• Andy Cohen
  • Anderson Cooper
  • Don Lemon
  • Ellen Degeneres
  • Portia deRossi
  • Tig Notaro
  • Noah Galvin
  • RuPaul
  • Sandra Bernhard
  • Wanda Sykes
  • Love 2

I kinda cheated once I came up with RuPaul, then proceeded to easily rattle off a bunch of drag queen contestants.

Thank gods for this show - there's something so NYC about Billy's obnoxious yet casually intimate nature I love. If I still lived in the city, I'd wander the streets in the hope of having him offer me a dollar and gleefully scream in my face.

• Love 2

Is it good that it's hard to remember who's gay or not? Or is it straight (speaking for me) privilege and dismissive? I don't know!

The worst part is that now I can't stop every time I remember someone: Sean Hayes! Jim Parsons! Jesse Tyler Ferguson! Lance Bass!

• Love 1