Type keyword(s) to search

Billy On The Street - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

(edited)

Shakira knows nothing about spanx, but knows about traffic cones?  Hmm.

Loved "Thanks for sharing, Adam Levine!"  And yes, Disneyland needs a Ratatouille rat-ride.

ETA: OH NO!!!   The Daytime Emmy nominations have been announced:

Outstanding Game Show Host

Let’s Make A Deal     WAYNE BRADY, Host

The American Bible Challenge      JEFF FOXWORTHY, Host

Family Feud     STEVE HARVEY, Host

Family Game Night   TODD NEWTON, Host

This omission must be ... because Fuse airs BOTS at night?

Edited by King of Birds

Billy is moving to TruTV

Turner Broadcasting System is getting in business with Billy Eichner in a major way. The company’s TruTV, which has taken a turn towards comedic programming as part of a programming overhaul, has picked up Funny Or Die’s Billy on the Street with Billy Eichner. The network has ordered a 10-episode fourth season of the series, which will become a TruTV original. Sister net TBS will run encores of each episode after their initial airing on truTV.
Edited by King of Birds
  • Love 1

I cannot handle people who scream and holler like that. Tina was a really good sport putting up with his nonsense. When she fell to the ground I went into a tiny panic, because if there is one thing I know about New York, it's that you never, ever, EVER lay down on the sidewalks. I hope someone gave her a Silkwood shower right after.

NY'ers are the best interviewees! I love the ones who just don't give a shit! He's hysterical. I love NY too (I'm in the 'burbs of NY)

Has he ever done interviews in LA or another location?

Oh, NY'ers. My dad is from NYC, and on a trip to visit the grandparents he got into a screaming fight with a woman in a store, then went about his shopping like nothing happened.

Only happened in NY.

That was great. I loved the Latina Fey game. If given time and without pressure, I could name a ton of Latina/Latino celebrities, but not under pressure like this. Tina's answer of Mark Cuban cracked me up.

Loved the game of Bob Dylan or Anal Sex. It was pretty easy. Vinnie and Cynthia were great. So crazy that Vinnie had actually had a close encounter with Dylan. I laughed when Billy kissed Vinnie until she pulled away.

Love all the NYer's.

• Love 1

I don't buy it at all ... I bet they talked to 10-15 people for every one that didn't know him at all. I get not knowing his exact name, but not being able to name a single thing he is in, after having the two biggest movies in the world, two summers in a row? Not so much.

I mean, you're at least gonna have 100 people going, 'You're that guy from the dinosaur movie, ain'tcha?'

The woman who said he was Chris Evans made me laugh because Evans did an interview during the Avengers: Age of Ultron press junket where he said he got mistaken for Pratt all the time. (And Chris Pine as well. He was very sad he didn't get confused for Hemsworth. ... Hemsworth, meanwhile, spoke of people confusing him for Liam. At least that's his brother.)

Pratt has this kind of generic "handsome but bland looking white guy in his 30s" appearances. I can easily see people mentally just not being able to process his face as unique enough to remember.

IN context it might be different. But even with a camera crew and a microphone chasing, the context is different than normal.

That's not to dent his effectiveness as a movie or TV star. It's a case of leveraging those looks so that despite being handsome, he comes off as a bit of an everyman. The bland handsomeness crossed with the verbal charm makes him utterly non-threatening to people, and that's actually marketable in a way.

And hee at the observation that there are too many white guys of approximately the same age range and type out there named "Chris" to confuse him with. That doesn't help either.

• Love 1

I can totally believe this. Parks and Rec wasn't that popular. And he is part of the Chris quad right now--Chris Pine, Chris Evans, Chris Pratt, Chris Helmsworth. I think Hollywood needs to stop employing blond Chrises for a while.

What I love is his totally goofy smile at all of the people looking him over. Hee. And that guy calling him "Bright" which was his character name on Everwood. And that woman saying she loved his wife. Smart lady. Don't fawn over him, fawn over his wife.

I love Elena! She cut out a photo from the newspaper of Richard Sherman and put it on her wall! Cracked me up that Billy kept saying she liked black men. But she doesn't notice what color they are, like Prince. She's hilarious. Joe was really cool, too.

Anna Kendrick is great. I wish Billy would have had more for her to do, like run an obstacle course.

• Love 1

Yeah, that was the best part. Billy is a good actor! I believed he really was a bro. Bros before shows!

I also loved at the start of the show when the person said he was going to see the Cake Boss shop instead of a Broadway show, and Billy just kept saying no to the camera. "No. No. No. No. No. No. No..."