Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E07: Beat Bobby Flay

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, qtpye said:

I have figured why the chemistry between Bobby and Giada is so wierd.  Bobby makes a point to sit arrow straight and not look at her.  It feels like he is doing one of two things:

1.  He is afraid to look at her, because he will be too tempted to take her in his arms and make out with her.

2. They had a romantic experience that he would rather forget and he does not want to lead her on in any way.

3. They had a romantic experience (or are still in one) and don't want anyone watching the show to know.

• Love 2

I'm in the minority but I like Jason and thought he dialed it down a lot on this episode.  Though I do agree there were too many "Honey"s in the talking heads.  I did not like David and am happy to see him go.  I just am not interested in watching anyone cook Jamaican food or watching a big bro dude from New Jersey talk about motorcycles as he cooks.  I don't think I'm in his audience demographic.  

In the tomato challenge I expected one team to make a Caprese salad, and get yelled at by the judges for being so unoriginal. 

@Snarklepuss, I'm the one who said that Matthew must be somebody's nephew.  As I say ever week, he needs to get off my t.v.  NOW.

• Love 3

This thread is the best snark thread yet !

I really liked Jason shutting down Matthew, but I really am sick of him also.  I didn't  mind him on the baking challenge, but now he is almost cartoonish  his over the top  stupid sayings and his overdone accent .

Jason is reminding me of how they transformed Rachael Ray and Paula from likable cooks into over the top annoying personalities.

I think FN has enough country and southern cooks , although I do not mind Rusty because he seems to not be putting it on as much as Jason . 

I would like to see a good chef and cook with out the gimmick. As arrogant as Cory is, I think he is a  good chef and probably would be a good host of a show.

it sure seemed like Giada was over acting and out to make Cory look like he poisoned them with just a chili ! 

She showed  her giant smile for Amy, who messed  up constantly. She is now totally annoying .  

I think David made a way better dish, but he was too "normal". Now we have  dramatic, ditzy Amy,  arrogant Cory, folksy Jason Gump, and annoying Matthew .  And Rusty is killing no ofna Guy Fieri type . They want the "personalities ", even if they are annoying . It keeps the show interesting in their view .

• Love 1
20 hours ago, grisgris said:

Also, didn't Giada whisper to one of the contestants during BFF to add more salt to their dish? Wasn't it the person who got dinged for too much salt?

I believe she was talking about David's grits.

I think Giada told David to add salt to the grits, but the one Anne was saying was super salty was Corey. But I don't think his whole dish was, just some garnish thing he put on top because then after making the salty comment she ate the sauce and said it was great and ate the puree and said it was great. It was something else on top that appeared to be the source of the salty comment.

• Love 2

I think FN has enough country and southern cooks ,

Who? What Southern cooks does FN have. Other than Trisha Yearwood who just seems to cook what she grew up with, who are all these country and Southern cooks?

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

3. They had a romantic experience (or are still in one) and don't want anyone watching the show to know.

I think it's 2. On Beat Bobby Flay a couple of months ago he introduced his girlfriend,  on air. I don't think Giada takes someone ending things with her well.  She has a complicated and sad sexual history. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

I think it's 2. On Beat Bobby Flay a couple of months ago he introduced his girlfriend,  on air. I don't think Giada takes someone ending things with her well.  She has a complicated and sad sexual history. 

I wonder if it's as complicated and sad as her history with food.  Hello, spit bucket!

• Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

I wonder if it's as complicated and sad as her history with food.  Hello, spit bucket!

It's worse. I can't find the source story,  but it is thought that she is a survivor of incest. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
13 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

It's worse. I can't find the source story,  but it is all but confirmed by her that she is a survivor of incest. 

After some googling, I found this from the LA Times in 1994:

http://articles.latimes.com/1994-10-09/news/ls-48246_1_boyfriend

The woman in the article asked not to be named, but the description of her and her age and other dates match up to Giada.  Poor thing.  I always felt there was an air of tragedy about her.  I could never put my finger on it but now it all makes sense.

• Love 3
Just now, Snarklepuss said:

The woman in the article asked not to be named, but the description of her and her age and other dates match up to Giada.  Poor thing.  I always felt there was an air of tragedy about her.  I could never put my finger on it but now it all makes sense.

That's it   I couldn't find it and it's such a delicate subject that I didn't want to go into half remembered details. It would explain some of her troubling interactions. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

And the article also names her father as Alexander DeBenedetti, so that's that. I may have to let most of my mockery of her go. If she could survive that, she's made of extraordinary stuff, and if her smile looks forced, so be it. Do what you need to, Giada. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

That's it   I couldn't find it and it's such a delicate subject that I didn't want to go into half remembered details. It would explain some of her troubling interactions. 

Yes, and the article mentions her father by name, Alex De Benedetti, so it has to be her.  I have new feeling for her now that I know this.  So horrible!

• Love 2
Just now, Psychobunny said:

Technically, it could be her sister in the article but it sounds like he probably abused them both. I wonder why Wikipedia doesn't mention it.

With the many blind items that came out around the time of her divorce about "her" adventerous sexual promiscuity,  it seems to fit....  She has never confirmed this, and last time I checked anyone could edit Wikipedia,  so,  if it does go on,  I imagine she removes or had it removed. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Who? What Southern cooks does FN have. Other than Trisha Yearwood who just seems to cook what she grew up with, who are all these country and Southern cooks?

Pioneer Woman,  Damaris Phillips, she even has a special Southern Fried Georgia, this weekend.  She also had Sourhern at Heart. Then there is Nancy Fuller, Farmhouse rules .

So many of the cooks are or have had a country or southern point of view .

• Love 2

Plus Katie Lee and Sunny Anderson on The Kitchen... Bobby also cooks southern recipes. It often seems to me that Food Network encourages their talent to find some southern connection so it does feel like it adds up. It's not a strike against the south or southern food or southerners but it feels pretty prevalent many times. It'd be nice if they focused on other areas of the country sometimes - it's a big country! Plus I'll never forget - or forgive - that awful Parti Marti in her FN season, when she got Iowa or Nebraska as a state from which she had to cook a regional dish and she whined and pouted that they had no food there. Not very nice at all. Anyway, I really enjoyed that Midwestern show they had on for a couple of seasons a few years ago.

I can't really believe Amy is still there. She doesn't just flub her presentations - at this late date - she completely shuts down, which is ridiculous! It was embarrassing watching her apologize 12 times when she messed up the BBF presentation. I felt like she kept apologizing because it was easier than moving on with her spiel! Not good at all.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, OneWouldHope said:

Plus Katie Lee and Sunny Anderson on The Kitchen... Bobby also cooks southern recipes. It often seems to me that Food Network encourages their talent to find some southern connection so it does feel like it adds up. It's not a strike against the south or southern food or southerners but it feels pretty prevalent many times. It'd be nice if they focused on other areas of the country sometimes - it's a big country! Plus I'll never forget - or forgive - that awful Parti Marti in her FN season, when she got Iowa or Nebraska as a state from which she had to cook a regional dish and she whined and pouted that they had no food there. Not very nice at all. Anyway, I really enjoyed that Midwestern show they had on for a couple of seasons a few years ago.

I can't really believe Amy is still there. She doesn't just flub her presentations - at this late date - she completely shuts down, which is ridiculous! It was embarrassing watching her apologize 12 times when she messed up the BBF presentation. I felt like she kept apologizing because it was easier than moving on with her spiel! Not good at all.

You mean Aarti Sequeira? She had her own season too.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:18 AM, OneWouldHope said:

Although it did enter my mind, grisgris, that he really just is too arrogant to have paid attention to those things that didn't interest him (i.e., classic French recipes) in his elite cooking school.

Hey now, don't knock CIA.  My daughter is currently attending the school and it's damn impressive.  Matthew's a tool, but the school is elite.  It's just unfortunate that he's associated with it.

18 hours ago, theatremouse said:

He really is showing himself to be more and more socially inept. Even when they're explaining the challenges, and everyone is standing there listening, he kept blurting out random reactions. It's like, dude, read a room, no one needs your "wow"s and your "oh nice"s and whatever the hell else you might interject. They're telling you what's happening. Shut up and listen. 

I thought it made sense when Bobby didn't rip him more for saying he didn't know what coq au vin was, because Matthew said something like "maybe I wasn't paying attention that day in school" and Bobby just rolled his eyes and said something like "probably". I'm not convinced he's not a plant, but if he isn't that moment spoke volumes to me. Bobby's not going to yell at this dude. He knows this dude does not listen so he's just eye-rolling and walking away and not wasting the energy.

Plus Matthew's still a moron: they literally told them all the challenge was stuff that normally takes a really long time, but fast and he's bragging about how fast he did it. If he knew anything about cooking, and he's sure supposed to, when you're doing a fast version of a slow thing, you still want it to have time. That any of this needed to be explained to him makes absolutely no sense to me. It makes it seem like either he's a plant and being told what to say and to have these giant nonsensical gaps in knowledge, or he's pulled a Robert Irvine and his whole resume is fake fake fake. He just doesn't make any sense.

And I think chipotle and red wine sounds completely gross.

I agree- Matthew just needs to shut up and listen.  He's just always "on" and it's exhausting.  I also agree that Bobby just doesn't feel like Matthew is worth his time.  If he's not a plant and an actual contestant, then that is telling me that he won't win anyway.  Giada can barely contain the hate coming from her eyeballs and Bobby just won't even spend any more time than is absolutely necessary on giving him feedback.

18 hours ago, candall said:

Okay, so maybe you could get all the way through prestigious culinary training without knowing 'coq au vin,' but I don't think Matthew would be pulling out the bullhorn to brag about his ignorance:  What IS this?!?  I don't even know how you pronounce this thing!  Someone must tell me the ingredients for this mysterious unheard-of dish!

Puh-leeze.

I agree.  If he went to CIA (which I would doubt except who would say they went there on national television if they didn't?), he damn sure should've known what coq au vin was.  If he didn't, he shouldn't have kept crowing on about it.  That seems fake, fake, fake and I don't even understand why it was done.  There are two scenarios I can think of for this:

1. Matthew was just pretending to not know and then (in his mind) would totally knock it out of the park.  That way he could puff himself up and say "I didn't even know what it was and I nailed it"  or

2. He's a plant and they told him to pretend to not know what it was for..... reasons.

I can't see an upside for either scenario.  But, there's no way in my mind he didn't know.  My daughter is in baking and pastry and not culinary so I can't ask her for insight on this, but I'd feel like the class for this dish wasn't like a 5-10 minute thing that he could've just tuned out of.  My guess is that he would've had to have actually cooked this dish in school for his skills mid-term or final exam.

• Love 2

I think Matthew is the unfortunate result of children having grown up in a reality TV world. Every reaction is over the top. Every single thing the do is in an attempt to be seen, to be memed to be noticed and "liked" and validated by millions of strangers. I don't think he cares if he looks like a fucking moron (not knowing what coq au vin is despite going to a well respected culinary school) so much as he cares if he got attention. He is willing to look like an ass so long as it keeps people looking. He is why I worry about the future of humans. We've gotten to a point where it is more important to be "famous" than to be smart, where success is judged by your number of followers rather than by anything you have accomplished. And Matthew is the poster child of this new reality. UGH!

22 minutes ago, GenL said:

My guess is that he would've had to have actually cooked this dish in school for his skills mid-term or final exam.

I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow cheated. He doesn't seem as interested in being a great chef as he does in being a celebrity chef and unless coq au vin is trending on social media, he probably hasn't heard of it, or has but put it out of his head for more "important" things like how many likes some toddler got for acting like eating peas is a fate worse than death, the practicing that reaction shot 2000 times in the mirror.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Gbb said:

And the article also names her father as Alexander DeBenedetti, so that's that. I may have to let most of my mockery of her go. If she could survive that, she's made of extraordinary stuff, and if her smile looks forced, so be it. Do what you need to, Giada. 

7 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Yes, and the article mentions her father by name, Alex De Benedetti, so it has to be her.  I have new feeling for her now that I know this.  So horrible!

I am horrified and saddened by this revelation.  This also makes a lot of her behaivior, which I often find baffling, make sense.  Good for her for being a survivor.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, snowydaze said:

Pioneer Woman,  Damaris Phillips, she even has a special Southern Fried Georgia, this weekend.  She also had Sourhern at Heart. Then there is Nancy Fuller, Farmhouse rules .

So many of the cooks are or have had a country or southern point of view .

Let's not also forget the Neely's, whose POV was southern BBQ and Eddie Jackson, who while he doesn't have a cooking show is from the south.  And "she who shall not be named" of course, Paula Deen.  OK some were in the past and don't have shows on the network anymore but that's a fair number when you add all of them up.  I don't have a problem with this, but I would like to see more "city" cooking as well. 

Also despite everyone loving Michelle Ragussis, whose POV was New England, she never got anywhere with the network.  I know some think there's no "there" there with New England cooking past lobster and fried clams, but that's just the POINT, there's a LOT more but people just don't know or care to know.  The south is an area of the country with a special spirit and a sense of separateness from the rest of the country, so southerners have more unique cooking styles and a lot of enthusiasm for keeping their culture alive.  New Englanders don't tend to be as determined to hold on to their history as far as food is concerned.  New England today is probably as much about foreign cooking styles than its own cooking style, which seems to be slowly fading away.  That's my experience after over 50 years of eating in New England.  And IMO, that's sad, but reality.  Even in Boston, unless I've missed some trendy new restaurant that is making this, there are only a handful of old restaurants that I know of that still serve traditional Boston baked beans.  Why isn't anyone reviving this wonderful dish?  This dish is not like the stuff people make today.  This dish has a life of its own when done right.

• Love 4
(edited)
57 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I am horrified and saddened by this revelation.  This also makes a lot of her behaivior, which I often find baffling, make sense.  Good for her for being a survivor.

I know, even if it was her sister it's still a horrible thing to have lived through and with for the rest of her life.  But having seen her sister on one of her shows I have a feeling it was Giada.  There's her behavior but also her sister doesn't have that certain tragic air about her.  I can't put my finger on it but it's something I sense.  I used to think Giada had medical issues she wasn't open about that would explain how thin she was, etc., but now that I know this it all makes perfect sense.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 1

From watching Matthew on Facebook, anyone (me, etc) who asks him tough questions or doesn't tell him he's the second coming....their comments are deleted. He re-posts tweets from people, mostly women, who tell him how wonderful he is. Reading some of it makes me gag....when they tell him he was born to be a FN superstar. Won't some of you share the pain with me? :)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, cooksdelight said:

From watching Matthew on Facebook, anyone (me, etc) who asks him tough questions or doesn't tell him he's the second coming....their comments are deleted. He re-posts tweets from people, mostly women, who tell him how wonderful he is. Reading some of it makes me gag....when they tell him he was born to be a FN superstar. Won't some of you share the pain with me? :)

Is most of the praise coming from thirsty young women who find him dreamy?  It seems like any decent looking young guy on reality tv gets their own legion of fawning fangirls.

28 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Is this on his Chef Matthew page?

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Matthew is obviously a narcissist, but I think some of what he's doing there is also an attempt to cover for being a totally FAKE persona.  If he responded to it or left it there it might lend suspicion to his act and he can't have that.  It's ironic that a guy that is supposedly so tuned into everything to do with "reality" and "social networking" is such an ACTOR most of all.  But I suppose that can be said of a lot of fame whores and the like from his generation.  This is not the first time I watch a "reality" show where the millennial star does exactly the same thing on their social media.  They say that narcissism is on the rise and is especially high among people in Matthew's age bracket.  Ugh.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GenL said:

1. Matthew was just pretending to not know and then (in his mind) would totally knock it out of the park.  That way he could puff himself up and say "I didn't even know what it was and I nailed it"  or

I am a newcomer to this show, but even after two episodes of exposure to the contestants, I think you may have nailed it with Matthew on this one.  That would also explain how he mispronounced it wrong - several DIFFERENT ways - while asking others what it was.  If someone says to you, "Make _________" - and you don't know what it is - wouldn't you be more likely to just repeat the pronunciation that was given to you the first time?

• Love 6
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Snarklepuss said:

Matthew is obviously a narcissist, but I think some of what he's doing there is also an attempt to cover for being a totally FAKE persona.  If he responded to it or left it there it might lend suspicion to his act and he can't have that.  It's ironic that a guy that is supposedly so tuned into everything to do with "reality" and "social networking" is such an ACTOR most of all.  But I suppose that can be said of a lot of fame whores and the like from his generation.  This is not the first time I watch a "reality" show where the millennial star does exactly the same thing on their social media.  They say that narcissism is on the rise and is especially high among people in Matthew's age bracket.  Ugh.

Oh my!  You mean he's the Kim Kardashian of the Food World?

(I'm still laughing out loud at the notion.....thanks!)

Edited by Blonde Gator
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, GenL said:

2. He's a plant and they told him to pretend to not know what it was for..... reasons.

I would agree with you, but if he did #1 it was not for the judges' benefit.  I'm sure the judges all know he's full of shit about not knowing what it is, having gone to the CIA.  No one knows that better than them.  IMO it was just an attempt to either fool the unsuspecting audience out there that doesn't know his history to make himself look great if he nailed it, or an attempt to grab attention, or both.  So I vote #2.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Hotel Diva said:
8 hours ago, OneWouldHope said:

It'd be nice if they focused on other areas of the country sometimes - it's a big country! Plus I'll never forget - or forgive - that awful Parti Marti in her FN season, when she got Iowa or Nebraska as a state from which she had to cook a regional dish and she whined and pouted that they had no food there. Not very nice at all. Anyway, I really enjoyed that Midwestern show they had on for a couple of seasons a few years ago.

Sounds more like "Marty with the Party."  Aarti went to college in Chicago (Northwestern), and I don't think would ever have had that attitude about any cuisine.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/profiles/contestants/martie-duncan/bio

Edited by akr
repetitive wording
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, akr said:

Sounds more like "Marty with the Party."  Aarti went to college in Chicago (Northwestern), and I don't think would ever have had that attitude about any cuisine.  http://www.foodnetwork.com/profiles/contestants/martie-duncan/bio

Thank you for telling me what that person meant. I am really sorry to see Martie Duncan instead of Aarti Sequeira, but I had never heard of her before, so I was kind of fascinated to see her instead of Aarti.

According to the Wiki, Aarti Sequeira won season 6 of Food Network Star, beating Herb and Tom and taking the win. Another lady I recognize from Food Network Star is Melissa D'Arabian. I think she won FNS in the past season. and she was a judge on glamping.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, GenL said:

Hey now, don't knock CIA.  My daughter is currently attending the school and it's damn impressive.  Matthew's a tool, but the school is elite.  It's just unfortunate that he's associated with it.

Not dissing the school, Gene! I'm from NYC - I'd never call anything elistist sneeringly. I was meaning to be more derogatory to Matthew, too dumb to pay attention when he's learning important lessons! 

3 hours ago, Hotel Diva said:

Thank you for telling me what that person meant. I am really sorry to see Martie Duncan instead of Aarti Sequeira, but I had never heard of her before, so I was kind of fascinated to see her instead of Aarti.

According to the Wiki, Aarti Sequeira won season 6 of Food Network Star, beating Herb and Tom and taking the win. Another lady I recognize from Food Network Star is Melissa D'Arabian. I think she won FNS in the past season. and she was a judge on glamping.

Yes, I meant Marti Duncan - thank you, akr

9 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

Let's not also forget the Neely's, whose POV was southern BBQ and Eddie Jackson, who while he doesn't have a cooking show is from the south.  And "she who shall not be named" of course, Paula Deen.  OK some were in the past and don't have shows on the network anymore but that's a fair number when you add all of them up.  I don't have a problem with this, but I would like to see more "city" cooking as well. 

Also despite everyone loving Michelle Ragussis, whose POV was New England, she never got anywhere with the network.  I know some think there's no "there" there with New England cooking past lobster and fried clams, but that's just the POINT, there's a LOT more but people just don't know or care to know.  The south is an area of the country with a special spirit and a sense of separateness from the rest of the country, so southerners have more unique cooking styles and a lot of enthusiasm for keeping their culture alive.  New Englanders don't tend to be as determined to hold on to their history as far as food is concerned.  New England today is probably as much about foreign cooking styles than its own cooking style, which seems to be slowly fading away.  That's my experience after over 50 years of eating in New England.  And IMO, that's sad, but reality.  Even in Boston, unless I've missed some trendy new restaurant that is making this, there are only a handful of old restaurants that I know of that still serve traditional Boston baked beans.  Why isn't anyone reviving this wonderful dish?  This dish is not like the stuff people make today.  This dish has a life of its own when done right.

Completely agree on this (99.4% but I won't get into it ?).

• Love 4

Ann Burnell can grate on my nerves , but she is a good chef ! At least we didn't get Damiano (yet). He was on Dessert Games as a judge and  Cutthroat Kichen this week ( of course he won).  He is way more annoying than anyone so far on FNS .

• Love 1
5 hours ago, OneWouldHope said:

Completely agree on this (99.4% but I won't get into it ?).

No problem.  I'm showing my age but you sound like an Ivory commercial - 99 and 44/100ths percent pure, LOL.  BTW, I'm from NY too, originally.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Hotel Diva said:

And she's now one of the rotating judges on either Guy's Grocery Games or Cooks VS Cons(as im sure whomever wins this season will be..)

Speaking of past FNS contestants,i just saw Damiano from last season on the newest episode of Cutthroat Kitchen("..for my chocolate chip-a COOkie.." )

• Love 1
9 hours ago, TDT said:

Speaking of past FNS contestants,i just saw Damiano from last season on the newest episode of Cutthroat Kitchen("..for my chocolate chip-a COOkie.." )

I saw that episode last night! Damiano really irritates me with his voice, like he's Spanish or something. He's a judge and a finalist on FNS S12. FN, stop trying to make him happen.

In the meantime, I was surprised to see David get sent home. He does not cook badly, but his personality just needs to be brightened up. I liked him because he shared race, but I think he's the one that caused a lot of drama in the kitchen, and was he ONE of the bullies to Suzanne? I think he was. I know Rusty was one of them. Amy needs to go next. I know she didn't get eliminated this episode because she was the last girl standing, but still she makes inappropriate comments about CPS all the time. I know that Bobby and Giada wanted to eliminate all the women cooks because they just wanted pure men with pure cocks, and I agree 100% with the FN way. Boys have more strengths, and girls just want to see what the crap they can get out of cooking, but they end up getting eliminated because FN doesn't see the holy hellwoman in a girl. Just nonsense.

A question on past seasons: Why was Susie crying in Jeff Mauro and Penny Davidi's season when Jeff won? What was the purpose of that? Why was getting sent home a thing in the past season finales?

1 hour ago, Hotel Diva said:

I saw that episode last night! Damiano really irritates me with his voice, like he's Spanish or something. He's a judge and a finalist on FNS S12. FN, stop trying to make him happen.

In the meantime, I was surprised to

Damiano annoys me too, but in all fairness, his accent is real , he's from Italy .

• Love 2
Just now, cooksdelight said:

LOL, all this time reading I thought you were talking about Dom, that irritating little twit with the mac & cheese food truck.

No, it's Damiano, the folksy guy with an Italian accent.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Hotel Diva said:

Amy needs to go next. I know she didn't get eliminated this episode because she was the last girl standing, but still she makes inappropriate comments about CPS all the time. I know that Bobby and Giada wanted to eliminate all the women cooks because they just wanted pure men with pure cocks, and I agree 100% with the FN way. Boys have more strengths, and girls just want to see what the crap they can get out of cooking, but they end up getting eliminated because FN doesn't see the holy hellwoman in a girl. Just nonsense.

what?  

Meh on Amy making jokes about CPS.  My husband and I do that, heck, even my inlaws do it.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Okay, in another topic Sunny's Kitchen Hacks or whatever it was called, but I meant Giada instead of Leslie. I decided to keep that mistake so other people can see it.

Okay, another episode of #FoodNetworkStar on Twitter. Do you know how stupid this person is or what?

So glad Cory and Auntie Kecia Jr. (Amy) are the only ones left out of these four. Trace was too stupid for a Justin Bieber haircut, so his hair ended up to look like he just started the Bieber Audition. Addie reminded me of Reese Witherspoon from Legally Blonde (the movie). Overall, so glad Cory and Kecia Jr. are the only ones left out of these four (even though I can't stand her personality).

Edited by Hotel Diva
On 7/20/2017 at 2:06 AM, Snarklepuss said:

No problem.  I'm showing my age but you sound like an Ivory commercial - 99 and 44/100ths percent pure, LOL.  BTW, I'm from NY too, originally.

Believe me, I was showing my age, too! ;-)

Sorry, GenL, not Gene - I was responding to your post in my earlier one, but spellcheck "corrected" me.

• Love 1
On 7/16/2017 at 7:00 PM, cooksdelight said:

I wish Bobby had given Matthew a harder time for not knowing what coq au vin is. The kid calls himself a chef, graduated from one of the premier schools....and doesn't know what it is? He's no food authority, he's no personality. I want him gone.

Me too!!  I'm so tired of his smirking.  No way I would watch his show if he won, well and got a show.