Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E01: Auditions

• Start Topic

(edited)

After Matthew hit that poor girl with a tray full of food, I hope he burns out quickly. I normally like Corey, he's won Chopped...but he's already getting on my nerves.

The lady with long black hair reminds me of whatshername that drove us all crazy.... Penny 

Edited by cooksdelight
  • Love 8

A couple of these ladies need to pull back their hair.....   I don't want to eat any food that someone's hair has been dangling over.

On a happy note, Gee-Ah-Da's dress actually covers her cleavage, lol.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I know!    Stanley was on a one of the baking comps with Duff et all.  

Who is Stanley?  I just went to the website and looked over all of them, and did not see a Stanley.

Exactly, Cooks!  Better to ask forgiveness than request permission.....

I hope Matthew crashes & burns.  I really dislike him thoroughly. 

Hey!  It's Monte!  She looks great.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Awww, I have a soft spot for Robert.  I did a cooking class with him on a cruise ship, and he was a real sweetheart.  Plus, he smelled SO good!  *LOL*

Poor Nancy, I think she's out of her depth. 

Jason is an awesome narrator!

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 1
Just now, leighdear said:

Awww, I have a soft spot for Robert.  I did a cooking class with him on a cruise ship, and he was a real sweetheart.  Plus, he smelled SO good!  *LOL*

Don't make me come over there. 

• Love 13

Jason won season 3 of the Holiday Baking Championship. 

Some of these people are incredibly boring and need to be cut immediately.  Martha Stewart wannabe, Food blogger (either of the), the healthy chef (really, have you never watched this show before?)

Who the hell is Matthew blowing at Food Network?  I can't stand him.

• Love 13

Rusty should have breaded his tomatoes with pecan meal.  I had eggs Benedict today for brunch, and they served it on pecan-crusted fried green tomatoes instead of English muffins.  SERIOUSLY delish. 

• Love 2

Shocked seeing Robert Irvine..did his Dr.Phil-wannabe talk show get renewed?

Trace kind of reminds me of that "redneck" character from The Cleveland Show..

If Toya is kept on the show long,hopefully she doesnt morph into another Tregaye

• Love 1
(edited)

Toya can go now.  I just can't get past the shrubbery perched on top of her head.  And she's definitely NOT on fleek!

Trace has a nice manner, but seriously?  Grilled corn with a compound butter?

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, smiley13 said:

On a happy note, Gee-Ah-Da's dress actually covers her cleavage, lol.

Well that was short lived. I was half listening and doing some marking to hear Mr. hula-la say "holy cleavage!" 

• Love 3
Just now, hula-la said:

Well that was short lived. I was half listening and doing some marking to hear Mr. hula-la say "holy cleavage!" 

Yes it was, lol.    Should have known it wouldn't last.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, leighdear said:

He DID look like Clark Kent.  But obviously not as talented.  No loss.  

To be fair he didn't rip off his shirt and toss his glasses.  We don't really know what he would have done.  

16 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Who the hell is Matthew blowing at Food Network?  I can't stand him.

I think he may have some competition in Cao, Bobby really liked her.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3

Jason is going to knock Matt out of the water.  He is fucking adorable.  They are familiar with him from his Baking win so he may be the one they have their eye on for the win.   

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Ya know, we're probably not supposed to be posting while the show is airing.....  But nobody locked the door, so we just let ourselves in & made ourselves at home!  *ROFL*

Lol. No. Live chatting is not allowed but I wasn't on top of my moddly duties so no harm no foul. I'll start and lock the threads from now on. ;)

• Love 2
(edited)

I was so happy to see Jason on this.  I was shocked by how much I grew to love him on the Holiday Baking Championship.  There's a fine line between a caricature and a character but he fell firmly in the "a character" camp after it was over. 

I can't believe Matthew was critiquing them on their presentations so smugly.  They didn't talk about their flavors?  They weren't supposed to talk about their flavors.  They were supposed to talk about who they were. (Although the directions were very unclear.  30 seconds to tell them about who they are but does that include their professions?  Their family history?  What they cook?)

I'm surprised they sent Blake home.  "Healthy cooking" is a boring topic, sure, but does this network need another white folksy grandma named Nancy?  Too confusing. 

I like Cao too.  I think this network needs someone a little offbeat. 

Didn't they say at the presentations that they were semi-finalists?  And that they had to present to show their authenticity?  Yet, did they even cull the heard after those presentations?  They all seemed to move on and they only eliminated one.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, rustyspigot said:

Why does he have to be named Rusty? Good to see Giada being in character and actively being unable to hide her distaste for contestants. 

His beard is probably red. 

• Love 1

I loved Jason on the Holiday Baking Show but I don't remember him being quite so extroverted.  He's a character but he comes across genuine and natural, not like he rehearsed folksy comments.  I still adore him.  

Blake was cute but boring.  It was pretty obvious he wouldn't last long.  

Toya needs to go soon.  Her hair is ridiculous and she had a very unpleasant face during her critique.

By the end of Comeback Kitchen, I thought maybe Matthew had learned a few things and toned down his smug act but he strutted on stage right back to Matthew 101.  He has credentials and skills but he needs to grow up a lot.

I like the young guy with the red hair and the big black guy with the biceps.  The rest of them are still a blur.

I despise Robert Irvine and I don't like Monti Carlo a lot better so I was dismayed to see both of them at the judges' table.  They both seem to feel that their role is to be as picky as possible plus Irvine uses a tone of voice calculated to be demeaning.  I hope he's not going to show up as a regular.

• Love 3

Go Jason! Tonya needs to pull that hair back.

Giata let her girls out at the elimination.

2 hours ago, wings707 said:

I know!    Stanley was on a one of the baking comps with Duff et all.  

Jason not Stanley.

Why would the contestants be surprised that a past contestant came back when they did the same thing last year?

So is Rusty in the Zac Brown Band or he just their chef, I assumed the latter but then David said he was a rockstar. I mean rock star is a fairly stand phrase applied to other people than musicians but I was just curious, though not curious enough to google.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, TDT said:

Shocked seeing Robert Irvine..did his Dr.Phil-wannabe talk show get renewed?

I forgot about that!  Wasn't Robert Irvine  going to do some counseling/relationship show or something?  I can't stand to look at him, or to hear his voice, after watching that show restaurant makeover show he did. UGH!

Back to the show topic - I thought asking Matthew to critique the others' presentations was a poor choice.  the other contestants were not happy to have to compete with him, and then it seemed set up to make them hate him even more.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 6

Another season, another bunch of people I can't remember LOL. I do remember Jason though, strange that he was on a baking show & now he's on a cooking show. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, backformore said:

Back to the show topic - I thought asking Matthew to critique the others' presentations was a poor choice.  the other contestants were not happy to have to compete with him, and then it seemed set up to make them hate him even more.

It's all part of the drama. The script is that Matthew had matured and redeemed himself since his hashtag days, but after winning Comeback Kitchen he's back to his old cocky self, lording it over the other contestants because of all his show experience.

What is it with all the southern chefs this year? Three people from Lousiana? Alabama, Kentucky, Georgia? In past seasons they seemed to go for some kind of balanced geographical distribution. Not a single contestant from New York, California, The Pacific Northwest? With all the southern chefs there was a sameness about many of the dishes. It could get old really fast, and I say that as someone who likes southern food. But I feel like it's been done to death across all the different TV food shows.

The woman from Detroit doing Middle Eastern food could stick around for awhile just to provide some culinary variety. But did she not know about all the unpleasant associations with the "momma" title from Penny Davidi?

Every year there's a guy or woman who says they lost a lot of weight through healthy cooking and want to show us how. They are always among the first to go. Food Network is not about healthy eating. There was also the obligatory big, beefy guy. (Fitting with this year's theme, also southern). And the obligatory highly accomplished chef who's clueless on camera. They never win, because for a FN show host, being able to cook is probably the least important skill.

I remembered Monti from Master Chef as being kind of annoying and entitled, and working the struggling single mom angle to death. What has she been doing since that she earns a prime spot as a judge on this show? The subtitle said she was a food blogger. Cripes, everyone's a food blogger.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 7