Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/5/17

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Maybe it's just me but I found Kevin Hart to be slightly judgey when they were discussing the recent dust up with Kathy Griffin and Bill Maher, especially towards Bill Maher. I really thought he would cut his fellow comedians some slack. I refuse to believe that he has NEVER uttered a word, phrase, sentence and afterwards immediately experienced regret. 

On Thursday's show, I wanted so much to be able to reach through my TV and throttle that annoying woman - and you all know who I mean -  when they talked about Comey's testimony. Why doesn't she just admit it for once and for all, YOU VOTED FOR TRUMP!!!! The way she constantly defends him, how could she have not?!! She just needs to STFU. She is starting to bug me in a Hasselbeck way and trust me...that's not good!

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, dinkysquid said:

Maybe it's just me but I found Kevin Hart to be slightly judgey when they were discussing the recent dust up with Kathy Griffin and Bill Maher, especially towards Bill Maher. I really thought he would cut his fellow comedians some slack. I refuse to believe that he has NEVER uttered a word, phrase, sentence and afterwards immediately experienced regret.  

On Thursday's show, I wanted so much to be able to reach through my TV and throttle that annoying woman - and you all know who I mean -  when they talked about Comey's testimony. Why doesn't she just admit it for once and for all, YOU VOTED FOR TRUMP!!!! The way she constantly defends him, how could she have not?!! She just needs to STFU. She is starting to bug me in a Hasselbeck way and trust me...that's not good!

I didn't see Kevin as judgy, I actually thought his view on the situation  were well thought out. I'm sure he has said stuff he regrets,  who hasn't.

I do think Kathy and Bill's situation is different . But both completely wrong.  Kathy planned this ridiculous stunt and didn't stop and really consider the implications of the stunt. Bill said something  on the fly,   but I still think he was absolutely  wrong. He said the N word  in a way to easy breezy way for me. I don't think he's a racist. I do  think he's a smart man,  who should know that he cannot use that word as a joke.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I was able to watch on a Canadian channel, but wished I hadn't.  I second @dinkysquid's comments about JediLiarBlahBlah!!!

I did enjoy Sunny today, not letting up on Jedafillibusterer.  Jed just wouldn't quit tho.

• Love 5
(edited)

Jed has got her "I am so right" face on and is not relenting.... Must be a Friday.

And girlfriend needs to give up the pretence and just slap on a MAGA hat. What nonsense. But of course Whoopi isn't there, and smug face Paula is, so the crap spews forth. Joy and Sunny look so disgusted.

Edited by Jewlmc
  • Love 8

Sunny moderated two segments today. Is it in anticipation of Whoopi leaving and Sunny sharing the spot with Joy. I would prefer Joy the full time moderator but that would work for me. The "I was 12 years old in high school" needs to go though. The woman feels the need to pump her ego every chance she gets because I think at home she doesn't get that chance.

I thought the last segment with Sunny and Paula was very well done. A feel good story is a nice change of pace on this show.

• Love 5

Jed drove me crazy in the first segment -  if Comey had a problem with what trump asked him to do, why didn't he DO SOMETHING?   WTF? When the president of the country tells you he wants an investigation dropped, your options are limited. 

Jed spewed talking points directly from trump's team.  she can say she's not a republican, or not a trump supporter, but she's full of it.

Loving Joy today - Paul Ryan says trump is a novice and doesn't know what he's doing. Really?  he was elected on the promise that he was the best person for the job.   You can't have it both ways.  It's like any of us getting a job by convincing an employer we know how to do it, then when we screw up, say, "Yeah. I'm new at this, it's not my fault I don't know shit about the job you hired me to do!"  Good for Joy being able to see the discrepancy!

• Love 22

Joy was right on with what Ryan said. Paul Ryan is stepping right in line with what Trump needs from his gophers. Unlike Comey who wouldn't play the game.

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, backformore said:

Jed drove me crazy in the first segment -  if Comey had a problem with what trump asked him to do, why didn't he DO SOMETHING?   WTF? When the president of the country tells you he wants an investigation dropped, your options are limited. 

And he did do something-- he created a record and he told his associates.  

Of course no one is prepared for the office, but that's why serious presidents surround themselves with capable people, not relatives and flunkies, who know the ropes and can advise them about things like the appearance of obstructing justice. 

• Love 17
(edited)

PLEEEEZE!  SOMEONE!!!   (President Trump?)    Get Jedidiah her own show.   She talks and interrupts incessantly.   She's obviously smarter than all the other panelists AND guests.   She can handle a show by herself.  BY HERSELF!!!   That, or kill me.

On 6/8/2017 at 10:21 AM, dinkysquid said:

Maybe it's just me but I found Kevin Hart to be slightly judgey when they were discussing the recent dust up with Kathy Griffin and Bill Maher, especially towards Bill Maher. I really thought he would cut his fellow comedians some slack.

Perhaps it's because this isn't Maher's first "experience" with insulting the Black population...on the air.  He accused one woman who challenged him of not being Black enough.  A few Black comedians are holding grudges.

Edited by Former Nun
Bolded.
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And he did do something-- he created a record and he told his associates.  

Of course no one is prepared for the office, but that's why serious presidents surround themselves with capable people, not relatives and flunkies, who know the ropes and can advise them about things like the appearance of obstructing justice. 

Yes, and I wish they would also have quoted from his testimony, because I believe he said that he felt that was the President was intending him to do, to drop the Flynn investigation, but that he did not do it.  As far as he was concerned, the investigation continued, so he didn't need to do anything else.  The notes he took were to cover his ass if and when Trump came after him.  BTW, I did this in my  job all the time, because I had a boss who lied constantly. 

What they should have talked about today was the brilliant strategy of Comey; once he was fired (and learned via TV in front of his staff!) he obviously did his legal homework to confirm that there is nothing illegal about a private citizen handing over his personal notes to the media and/or to the investigation.  With that knowledge, he knew that the notes would spur the appointment of a special counsel.  And in admitting that, volunteering it in the hearing, it is now difficult to say that Comey is lying because he somewhat compromised himself.  I think he had several legal advisors, and political people, and he was very intentional in everything he submitted in writing and in the hearing.

Re Jedi-clown face, not only did her face look clownish, but her hairdo and clothing finished it off.  It was difficult to look at her today.  And why is she always shrieking?  I really cannot stand this person, but I don't think she is going anywhere.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, rcc said:

I thought the last segment with Sunny and Paula was very well done. A feel good story is a nice change of pace on this show.

I thought it was awkward with both men claiming they have "no words" to express their gratitude. I understand these are regular people who are not used the cameras, lights, audience, but they DO know they're on a talk show, right?

44 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I thought it was awkward with both men claiming they have "no words" to express their gratitude. I understand these are regular people who are not used the cameras, lights, audience, but they DO know they're on a talk show, right?

There are "no words" for such a gift of life. They were both emotional. The young man did say thank you. Right after Nash the unabashed self centered one it might have seemed low key but I thought it was nice to highlight them with a segment.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, rcc said:

There are "no words" for such a gift of life. They were both emotional. The young man did say thank you. Right after Nash the unabashed self centered one it might have seemed low key but I thought it was nice to highlight them with a segment.

Yes, i get that. I could just sense the awkwardness because of how the conversation staggered...

Paula: Recepient, what would you like to say to Donor?

Recepient: there are no words...

Paula: Ok. Donor, what would you like to say to Recepient? 

Recepient: There are no words.

Paula: Ok. Since we are all at a loss for words, then.........(gift)

4 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I really didn't need to know that Jedigetoffmytv has sex every day.

...and STILL she needs an attitude adjustment!  What does it take to make her appear pleasant?

3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

PLEEEEZE!  SOMEONE!!!   (President Trump?)    Get Jedidiah her own show.

Ehhh ~ That would just be rewarding bad behavior, IMO!  Anyone know when her contract is up for renewal?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Blissfool said:

The bone marrow segment had me bawling. I thought the produced package was beautiful. The donor seems like he's uncomfortable with the attention and he could have been more affectionate but God bless the guy! The recipient would have probably liked a hug but I thought the whole thing was fantastic and worthy of TV.  I have been in the bone marrow registry for about five years and I often wonder if I get the call what I would have to shuffle in my crazy life to donate, if need be. The donor is a rock star, if you ask me.

• Love 10

I didn't see today's show (woke up too late) and missed yesterday's because of Comey's testimony. I can only guess that Jedi was exaggerating to brag about her sex life like Hasselbeck used to do. Because Jedi's the life of the party, don'tcha know? That's if we didn't get the memo from the way she runs out every morning like this is The Jedidiah Hour of Bile instead of The View.

• Love 2

I know Niecy isn't for everyone but I really enjoyed her today. I just think she's a lot of fun. 

Still can't stand Jedawhatever or Paula. They were both reciting the GOP/White House talking points word for word. Just admit you voted for him and support his presidency and be done with it. 

• Love 5

I don't know what the donor or recipient could have said.  It was probably a very emotional moment for both of them and if the donor did not truly know the recipient was going to be on, it probably caught him off guard.  What could he say? Glad you are happy to be alive? He had already commented on their sharing DNA and having a bond.  And, I believe they DID hug when they first met.  Should they have held hands? A really touching story that will hopefully inspire others to sign up.

• Love 3

Sarah was excellent in hot topics.  She expressed how two thoughts on Comey could exist.   I was happy no one interrupted her.  

Not a big fan of the ladies talking over each other but kinda of wanted Jedi and sunny to have that argument that Joy squashed    

• Love 7

These shows that surprise guests, whether with a long lost relative or someone who saved their life, can be tricky.  You never know what the reaction is going to be.  It could be effusive thanks, hugs and tears all around, or it could be like these folks, reserved and somewhat embarrassed that a deeply personal moment is being exposed to millions of viewers.  They probably both would have preferred meeting back stage first and then coming out to tell their story.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/9/2017 at 11:09 AM, bannana said:

Re Jedi-clown face, not only did her face look clownish, but her hairdo and clothing finished it off.  It was difficult to look at her today.  And why is she always shrieking?  I really cannot stand this person, but I don't think she is going anywhere.

Bannana, I thought the same thing. Every time I looked at her, I wanted to yell yikes! Is her make up person trying to sabotage her? She would be very pleasant looking with natural hair and subdued make up, so why does she want to look so severe and over the top? 

1 minute ago, Kenz said:

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Kenz said:

Bannana, I thought the same thing. Every time I looked at her, I wanted to yell yikes! Is her make up person trying to sabotage her? She would be very pleasant looking with natural hair and subdued make up, so why does she want to look so severe and over the top? 

And especially that mouth, @Kenz!  She looks like she's playing the Joker with that wide painted grimace, which she thinks is a smile.

• Love 1