Type keyword(s) to search

I find Pote's loyalty to her to be endearing, and he's always there to save the day.

He's clearly impressed with her loyalty, he really started to connect with her at least on his end when he saw how determined she was to go back and save her friend Brenda. Because he hated Epifano from the point at which he needlessly sacrificed his men/Pote's brothers as he saw them by blowing up those locations.  He's impressed with her ability to survive, which is trait numero uno in their business. The look on his face when she regained consciousness and said she has to get to Mexico, was priceless. His expression was like WTF? LOL

The only thing Tre is missing is the ability to kill for survival long before life and death is literally staring her in the face. Unfortunately, she's going to have to lose that last piece of innocence/humanity that she has if she's going to become a real powerhouse in the business. It is because she still has it that she left a threat like Camilla alive. Hell, the real ruthless would not only have killed Camilla, they would have killed the daughter too. They wipe out whole families and leave no loose ends to come back to haunt them. Guero is fucking idiot, but this isn't news. Although, I can't totally hate him because he did come through for Tre in this episode, but then he leaves James alive?! Really?! That's got to be him that she shoots in that flash forward, he's got to be the guy in that hotel room.

Oh, and she still owes that gang group, because it wasn't them after all who double crossed her. She needs to pay them because they held up their end, they did deliver the product. I don't think they had anything to do with switching out the content.

Edited by Keepitmoving
9 hours ago, slf said:

The wardrobe thing always makes me laugh on this show. The tattoo, however, we saw her get when she and Pote went to the store where the little girl was; she inked Teresa herself. That's why Teresa had the bandage on her arm when she faced off with Epifanio and Camila.

I missed that, thanks. I was too busy being tripped out by her hallucinations. 

And 8 year olds aren't normally skilled in giving tats or herbal medicine or removing bullets. I call shenanigans.

• Love 1

The actor playing  "billionaire" business man Devin is a poor choice for this role.  He is not believable.  His poor acting is distracting.  Too bad.

I think he's doing fine given that, IMO, the character isn't particularly well-drawn to begin with. The actor has solid TV credits and QOTS isn't exactly Shakespeare. I also think it's funny that Claws has a similar character.

Spoiler

(Though on Claws the guy's crime lord status wasn't revealed until the season finale.)

The actor playing  "billionaire" business man Devin is a poor choice for this role.  He is not believable.  His poor acting is distracting.  Too bad.

I've seen him in other roles where he was more effective. I agree his wooden delivery is not working in this role. If you ever watched The Good Wife, Mike Colter's portrayal of criminal boss Lemond Bishop should be the blueprint for this type of character.  Smart, confident and softspoken, but with such quiet menace in every scene that you always held your breath. 

I wondered if I missed something in the finale. Why is it that Guerro didn't join Teresa at the end? 

I love this show, but boy do I have to do a lot of handwaving for it to make sense. Like, for example, how convenient it was that the Vargases just happened to have the exact amount of cash money that Theresa needed to pay her debt. Since they were planning to kill the kidnappers all along, I seriously doubt they would have actually gathered 10 million in cash for a ransom they never intended to pay. 

Yes Bentley - I did watch The Good Wife and agree that the guy playing Bishop did a great job.  Totally believable!  I too have some problems with some of the poorly thought out logistics.  Case in point is Lowel Jones' query about the size of the 100 mil.  No, you cannot fit it in a carry on duffel.  It weighs 220 pounds!

On 9/3/2017 at 2:37 PM, wilful said:

The actor was on The Wire, and 

Spoiler

he played someone that rose from street dealer to king of Baltimore until he was caught. He got off with his millions intact, but he could not stay in the game. I consider this character to be who the Wire character became in the ten years since the Wire ended. I will say his acting was much better on The Wire, but the writing was much better too.

I think he is perfect for this role because of it.

The actor was on The Wire, and 

he played someone that rose from street dealer to king of Baltimore until he was caught. He got off with his millions intact, but he could not stay in the game. I consider this character to be who the Wire character became in the ten years since the Wire ended. I will say his acting was much better on The Wire, but the writing was much better too.

I think he is perfect for this role because of it.

Yep to all of this, I like him a lot and I was glad to see him in  another high profile gig. I haven't seen him in a while. I loved the way he played Marlo on The Wire, and I like the way he plays Devin, as little as we see of him. It is like seeing what Marlo might have become in the game a decade or so later. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

Yep to all of this, I like him a lot and I was glad to see him in  another high profile gig. I haven't seen him in a while.

He plays Bosch's partner, Jerry Edgar, on Bosch.  I really like him there.

• Love 1
On 9/4/2017 at 5:43 AM, bentley said:

I've seen him in other roles where he was more effective. I agree his wooden delivery is not working in this role. If you ever watched The Good Wife, Mike Colter's portrayal of criminal boss Lemond Bishop should be the blueprint for this type of character.  Smart, confident and softspoken, but with such quiet menace in every scene that you always held your breath. 

I wondered if I missed something in the finale. Why is it that Guerro didn't join Teresa at the end? 

I love this show, but boy do I have to do a lot of handwaving for it to make sense. Like, for example, how convenient it was that the Vargases just happened to have the exact amount of cash money that Theresa needed to pay her debt. Since they were planning to kill the kidnappers all along, I seriously doubt they would have actually gathered 10 million in cash for a ransom they never intended to pay. 

Teresa needed 3 million to pay El Santo, not 10 million. So now she's got an extra 7 million, unless I'm missing something.

On 9/4/2017 at 10:11 PM, wilful said:

Yes Bentley - I did watch The Good Wife and agree that the guy playing Bishop did a great job.  Totally believable!  I too have some problems with some of the poorly thought out logistics.  Case in point is Lowel Jones' query about the size of the 100 mil.  No, you cannot fit it in a carry on duffel.  It weighs 220 pounds!

That was pretty stupid since having it in multiple bags would've been fine.

On 9/3/2017 at 4:04 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

I missed that, thanks. I was too busy being tripped out by her hallucinations. 

And 8 year olds aren't normally skilled in giving tats or herbal medicine or removing bullets. I call shenanigans.

I roll my eyes anytime we switch to the El Santo nonsense. I hope they find some way of ditching him.

• Love 2

I just watched the season 2 finale. So Teresa left Guero behind. Turn around in fair play as he did the same to her. 

I enjoyed the Colonel conning Camilla. So much karma in that. 

• Love 2

I think the lesson that the Vargas family needs to learn is that they do not have control of every person they encounter.  The whole I made you attitude and the always be subservient to me is why Teresa knew she had to go out on her own.  She brokered the major deals without help from Carmella or James.  She dealt with KJ for smuggling and weapons, El Santo for the purest product in existence and Devin for distribution.  She also made connections with a gang to supply her muscle.  The woman James paid to protect Carmilla was the one who attacked her.

isabella is being groomed to take Carmilla’s Place , where is Kinke, the parent’s shared a look after the rescue and hugging their daughter when she asked about him.  Carmilla said get some rest , I think KK sleeps with the fishes.

i thought Pedro was hooking up with Isabella’s friend, but I guess he is more like his Uncle Boaz than he late father concerning ladies.

• Love 2
On 6/23/2018 at 5:10 AM, terxav said:

I think the lesson that the Vargas family needs to learn is that they do not have control of every person they encounter. 

They're both (or were, in Epifanio's case) big on self-mythologizing. Camilla ultimately knows that Teresa is an intelligent survivor and that that has nothing to do with Camilla (who ultimately taught Teresa very little about the business and most of Teresa did learn from her was about what not to do). Veronica Falcon, who plays Teresa, has said that Camilla is jealous of Teresa, which shows.