Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Champs vs. Pros: A Cold Day in Hell

• Start Topic

How many endgames has Jordan lost? This is the second time having one hand was a disadvantage for him. Yeah, he's a meathead, and Wes could beat him on a sliding puzzle without complications, but I still feel bad for the guy.

In other news, Gus seems like an alright guy. Lolo? Still pissing people off. And she basically broke Tia in the Arena, so that's not going to win her any fans.

I liked the mission, though it looked like CT could pull the weight all day. I'm happy Darrell got money for March of Dimes. His son was born at 29 weeks? Damn. Isn't that barely over seven months? The kid and his sister look cute.

• Love 2

With Tos, I could tell she was over it and she seem way too timid to want to physically fight Lolo for the win. 

I did like the moments where the Champs/Pros got to bond. 

Jordan and Wes knowing that the girls were not going to vote in CT was fabulous. Accept the fate and move on lol

• Love 2

Some of the pros have no economic incentive to go all out on this.  So yeah why should she fight someone much bigger.  She gave it one shot.

Now she can go back to doing bikini modeling.

The main challenge negated any athletic advantage the pros had.

Funny that last week I said the Champs recognized the Pros (well, Lolo) were the main source of drama and then Lolo says the same thing in her little kaffeeklatsch with Wes (and he affirmed it!).  

I didn't recognize that one Pro (the other unbulky one besides this week's captain) with his hat off and his hair down in long braids!  I thought it was someone from production at first, since they were all casually milling around and letting partners in randomly (this is such a weird "season," what with going out on the town to do stuff besides drink, and having visitors wander onto set, and so forth!).

• Love 1

Ashley K usually annoys but this time she's really annoying because it feels like she's retconning her whole Challenge history. Suddenly she's the fierce ass kicking competitor but really she's just lucky. She usually partners up with someone who's really good at the challenges and can protect her. The last challenge she wouldn't have even been in the finale if Amanda hadn't stupidly let her win that one elimination when they were up against Nicole. And this last elimination against Ashley M she would have lost if it wasn't for Ashley M's accidentally scoring the point for her.

I loved none of the girls voting for CT, it's just too funny.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

How many endgames has Jordan lost? This is the second time having one hand was a disadvantage for him. Yeah, he's a meathead, and Wes could beat him on a sliding puzzle without complications, but I still feel bad for the guy.

In other news, Gus seems like an alright guy. Lolo? Still pissing people off. And she basically broke Tia in the Arena, so that's not going to win her any fans.

I liked the mission, though it looked like CT could pull the weight all day. I'm happy Darrell got money for March of Dimes. His son was born at 29 weeks? Damn. Isn't that barely over seven months? The kid and his sister look cute.

Jordan has only lost two ends games so far. He made it to the finals in Rivals II and won Battle of the Exes II.

I'm enjoying this series more than I expected.  I pretty much thought the pros would be too concerned about looking bad to get into the trashy nonsense that makes the Challenge a guilty pleasure.  That is definitely not the case, though, so I'm happy.  

Also nice to see Jordan get it handed to him.  He needs a reality check and I frankly can't stand the little mini banana clones.

• Love 3

I do like that the pros are all up in the drama.   It makes me laugh.   I initially thought they would be super careful to not get into drama because they have careers and fanbases and what not, but nope....they are all jumping in with both feet.  

And Wes selling himself as the smartest to ever play the challenge....and some are eating it up hook line and sinker.   LOL.  

And because I love CT forever, god....he owns all the other champs, eh?   He has every single vote in his pocket and loved his bravado knowing it.  

This is also the 2nd elimination that CT has walked Wes through.   Wes should thank his lucky stars that he got coupled with CT in Rivals....and that dude now considers him a friend.   CT is a good guy to have in your camp.  

• Love 5

I teared up three times during this episode, which is a record for me! First when Darell was speaking about his charity and talked about his son being born early. Then when he was facetiming his kids. And once again when Gus and Cara were talking about his coming out. Gus seems like a very sweet guy, I like him and I'm glad he won. 

• Love 2
On 6/7/2017 at 11:40 AM, Jobiska said:

Funny that last week I said the Champs recognized the Pros (well, Lolo) were the main source of drama and then Lolo says the same thing in her little kaffeeklatsch with Wes (and he affirmed it!).  

I didn't recognize that one Pro (the other unbulky one besides this week's captain) with his hat off and his hair down in long braids!  I thought it was someone from production at first, since they were all casually milling around and letting partners in randomly (this is such a weird "season," what with going out on the town to do stuff besides drink, and having visitors wander onto set, and so forth!).

I did not realize that Louis hair was that long, he always wears that damn beanie.

On 6/7/2017 at 7:05 PM, shelley1234 said:

I do like that the pros are all up in the drama.   It makes me laugh.   I initially thought they would be super careful to not get into drama because they have careers and fanbases and what not, but nope....they are all jumping in with both feet.  

And Wes selling himself as the smartest to ever play the challenge....and some are eating it up hook line and sinker.   LOL.  

And because I love CT forever, god....he owns all the other champs, eh?   He has every single vote in his pocket and loved his bravado knowing it.  

This is also the 2nd elimination that CT has walked Wes through.   Wes should thank his lucky stars that he got coupled with CT in Rivals....and that dude now considers him a friend.   CT is a good guy to have in your camp.  

Wes better return the favor if ever they're on another regular season again! Maybe with CT on his side, he can finally defeat Bananas in the way he really wants (as long as Production doesn't pull that bullshit they did with keeping Bananas/Nany to the side for a comeback).