Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E24: Love In La La Land

• Start Topic

I went back and looked at the property records and Gary's old house in Anderson was in Madison County and his new place in Pendleton is in Hancock County so totally different school districts. On the other hand, I do sincerely with Gary and his family every happiness in the world.

• Love 4

If Cait had kept Carly, Carly would have been taken away from her.  Their lives were chaotic back then and adoption was the best thing for the child.  They lost contact because they would not follow the rules set down by the parents of Carly.  It was selfish and they lost out.  They have no one to blame but themselves. Nova is not being raised in an optimal way but they think they are stellar parents.  [shakes head, walks away]

I think the show is just perpetuating the chaos of these kids into adulthood.  They keep in touch and reinforce each other's craziness.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, KittyKat133 said:

IF ONLY it was DOG poop! Tha would make it slightly more understandable but it was HUMAN poop! It was gross baby's poop!!

i have a 2 year old. And she can get sticky and dirty and kids can do super gross things but I feel (and I feel bad saying this) that nova is a gross baby. If my daughter found her own shit dried up, I would be so freaking mortified and traumatized. Not just that but in general there is something that just turns me off about gross baby nova. She's a dirt child.  There is nothing cute about her IMO. A lot has to do with her parents but I feel like she's constantly running around like a naked, dirt, wild , gross dirt kid who smells!! 

Ugh please forgive me I hate myself for feeling that way!

I will sit next to you. Don't feel bad. I feel the same way about Gracie and Addie although, Gracie gets prop for being the one who keeps her household together. She is the real SAHM. That doesn't mean she and her baby sister are exempt from my snark. Nova, Gracie, and Addie would have been smacked upside the head by now if they were Maci's kids. 

1 hour ago, jumper sage said:

I am obsessed with the fact that Maci threatened to "pop" Jade.  Who threatens a baby like that?  I have always disliked her for hitting Bentley, especially when it involved his normal child behavior in front of her friends.  I had hoped that Taylor brought a different type of parenting skill to the table.  I hate her.  I feel so bad for those kids.

Word.  You know there is more than drinking going on when the cameras leave. Maci has to take out her drunken frustrations out on the kids. If Taylor pisses her off, the kids pay the price. 

That stupid scene MTV aired right before Maci talked to her friend, the one where Maci ASKED Taylor if he wanted to watch Jayde or wash dishes. She gets mad when he said he will watch Jayde. Stupid broad. Don't ask the question then. Tell your husband to wash the dishes while you watch the kids. And if that is the kind of thing that is setting Maci off, she might need to think about if her drinking is the thing that sets her off or does she drink all that beer to numb herself from the petty drama she drums up because she created the situation with her trap babies? 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

If Cait had kept Carly, Carly would have been taken away from her.  Their lives were chaotic back then and adoption was the best thing for the child.  They lost contact because they would not follow the rules set down by the parents of Carly.  It was selfish and they lost out.  They have no one to blame but themselves. Nova is not being raised in an optimal way but they think they are stellar parents.  [shakes head, walks away]

I think the show is just perpetuating the chaos of these kids into adulthood.  They keep in touch and reinforce each other's craziness.

Tyler's home life was not chaotic.   Look at a piece of trash like Jenelle, she still has her kids.  Well the ones she didn't make Barb raise anyway. 

Tyler just sat back and allowed the shit going on at Cate's house to back up the decision that he was hoping Catelynn would make.    It's like when April came over to their place crying about Butch beating her ass and Cate said 'imagine if Carly was here'?   Carly wouldn't have been over there, she would have been living at the place Cate and Ty were renting.   Well, unless they were babysitting like the do all the time for Nova.   Crazy.

10 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I will sit next to you. Don't feel bad. I feel the same way about Gracie and Addie although, Gracie gets prop for being the one who keeps her household together. She is the real SAHM. That doesn't mean she and her baby sister are exempt from my snark. Nova, Gracie, and Addie would have been smacked upside the head by now if they were Maci's kids. 

Word.  You know there is more than drinking going on when the cameras leave. Maci has to take out her drunken frustrations out on the kids. If Taylor pisses her off, the kids pay the price. 

That stupid scene MTV aired right before Maci talked to her friend, the one where Maci ASKED Taylor if he wanted to watch Jayde or wash dishes. She gets mad when he said he will watch Jayde. Stupid broad. Don't ask the question then. Tell your husband to wash the dishes while you watch the kids. And if that is the kind of thing that is setting Maci off, she might need to think about if her drinking is the thing that sets her off or does she drink all that beer to numb herself from the petty drama she drums up because she created the situation with her trap babies? 

I wonder if Taylor is more of a hothead than we see on the show.    I think it's interesting that Maci makes the fighting sound out of control and Taylor called it being snippy.    Maci seems to watch her mouth more with Taylor than she does with Ryan.    I bet he was pretty pissed off that she went on camera and talked about that with her friend.   

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, lexiexx said:

Tyler's home life was not chaotic.   Look at a piece of trash like Jenelle, she still has her kids.  Well the ones she didn't make Barb raise anyway. 

Tyler just sat back and allowed the shit going on at Cate's house to back up the decision that he was hoping Catelynn would make.    It's like when April came over to their place crying about Butch beating her ass and Cate said 'imagine if Carly was here'?   Carly wouldn't have been over there, she would have been living at the place Cate and Ty were renting.   Well, unless they were babysitting like the do all the time for Nova.   Crazy.

I wonder if Taylor is more of a hothead than we see on the show.    I think it's interesting that Maci makes the fighting sound out of control and Taylor called it being snippy.    Maci seems to watch her mouth more with Taylor than she does with Ryan.    I bet he was pretty pissed off that she went on camera and talked about that with her friend.   

Taylor is probably snippy with Maci and that is what sets her off?  He just sits there and smiles and that shit must burn her up because he isn't reacting to her drama. lol 

• Love 9

Cate and Tyler better watch their step or they will have Nova removed from their custody.  Running around naked, picking up human/ dog shit/being left in the care of known drug addicts/ felons...now watching that shit show unfold would make interesting TV viewing!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Cate and Tyler better watch their step or they will have Nova removed from their custody.  Running around naked, picking up human/ dog shit/being left in the care of known drug addicts/ felons...now watching that shit show unfold would make interesting TV viewing!

Sadly, it would take a lot more than that for a kid to be removed from their parents. CPS is overwhelmed with cases and they have to work on the more serious cases of abuse such as physical abuse, neglect, domestic violence occurring in the presence of the children, molestation, etc. 

• Love 10

If my child found feces on the floor and handed it to a visitor, I would be horrified, as in like I would need therapy to get over that whole incident. T & C were completely unfazed.

Yes, I am also surprised and disgusted at Maci and her threats of physical violence against small children. Get a hold of yourself. Loser!

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, ChicagoChris said:

If my child found feces on the floor and handed it to a visitor, I would be horrified, as in like I would need therapy to get over that whole incident. T & C were completely unfazed.

as would I'm guessing at least 80% of the population...that scene just makes me shake my head....yeah I don't get it!!!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, teapot said:

as would I'm guessing at least 80% of the population...that scene just makes me shake my head....yeah I don't get it!!!

I know, right?  If my kids had picked up some poops off the floor and then handed it to a visitor?  I would have damn near died.  Not Ty though, oh no.  He was happy she said something about it.  Because if she hadn't, they would have never known. I can't even... 

• Love 12

OT but:  My parents both grew up in houses that had no bathroom.  (They got them later) But all of my grandparents had outhouses.  (My mom's parents had a fancy two-seater!)  When I was potty training my oldest, I found this awesome chair.  I bought one just like it for my parents' house.  It had a bottom you could rinse out which seems normal to them?  I don't know.  But it also doubled as a step stool.  

I came to pick him up one Sunday and that chair was in the middle of the living room floor, in front of the tv.  "Why?"  Swear to God my mom said "because I thought he'd be more comfortable there."  No Mom, he does not get to poop in the living room watching tv.  Do you shit in front of the tv with your grandparents sitting behind you in their recliners?  "Well, no..." Right.  He has two choices, poop in a diaper or poop on the potty.  "You have three potties here.  Put the chair part on this one and turn the bottom part over so he can step up and reach it.  If you and Dad don't like it, you can both carry your happy asses upstairs and use one of those toilets.  Or the kid can stay home with me.  I'm not even trying to play here."

It was weird.  At no time did my child eat a burrito on it though.

• Love 7
(edited)
37 minutes ago, teapot said:

but had you lived closer to Taco Bell...

I actually worked at Taco Bell!  And Kmart.  I'm old.  Lol

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, MissMel said:

I actually worked at Taco Bell!  And Kmart.  I'm old.  Lol

Ohhhh Kmart! Sit next to me. 

I want to have sex in Gary and Kristina's pantry just to spite Amber. 

When Amber ragged on Gary and practically chastised him for thinking about being out in the sun with his tractor, she came off like an overprotective mother (ha!) who was trying to remind their child they have extreme sun sensitivity. You know, those people affected by the sun and can only emerge out at night. 

I guess because Amber spends her all her time in her enclosed home and only leaves outdoors to vacation and when MTV is in town to film, she thinks everyone else should live like a hermit. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, jumper sage said:

When I read this, it made me wonder why Amber has been emphasizing lately how she doesn't let the producers feed her lines and she doesn't talk about things she doesn't want to talk about.

I wonder if C&T allowed the producers to lead them into all of these conversations since they were more interested in the instant gratification of pleasing the people they work with than the long term gratification of having access to their kid.

I mean, basically, their inability to delay gratification of any kind is the root of every single problem they have.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Ohhhh Kmart! Sit next to me.

Girl, that was the best job ever!  20% discount, buying my first house, and you can bet your ass my kid got a Tickle Me Elmo before they ever even hit the floor.  I used to call the guys putting bikes together 'Santa Claus for the rich people'.  They hated that.  Lol

8 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

When Amber ragged on Gary and practically chastised him for thinking about being out in the sun with his tractor, she came off like an overprotective mother (ha!) who was trying to remind their child they have extreme sun sensitivity. You know, those people affected by the sun and can only emerge out at night. 

I guess because Amber spends her all her time in her enclosed home and only leaves outdoors to vacation and when MTV is in town to film, she thinks everyone else should live like a hermit. 

I actually had to live like this for a couple years.  Not by choice.  I wouldn't recommend it.  Burned toddler that couldn't be in the sun.  And we live in Florida.  Amber can suck it.  

16 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I want to have sex in Gary and Kristina's pantry just to spite Amber. 

Thank you!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.  :)

5 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

When I read this, it made me wonder why Amber has been emphasizing lately how she doesn't let the producers feed her lines and she doesn't talk about things she doesn't want to talk about.

That's because they got Heather fired.  I think they have a problem with Kiki, too.  In other words, anyone who sees what really goes on with her.  

• Love 5
14 hours ago, CofCinci said:

The pantry and laundry room make me hot for Gary. 

That pantry was everything. And the little hallway for taking off your shoes before coming into the actual house? Please!!!!

• Love 12

The pantry with all those yummy looking canned goods! I know a lot of people might not like that kind of thing but I love it. And it reminds me of spending summers helping my grandmother can veggies from her garden. 

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

That pantry needs a twitter!

I just made one for Gary's chickens. As soon as Amber blicks me again, I'll make one for the pantry.

Re: the poop, aside from what's been said- they invited Dawn over! For another day! To see their new house for the first time! I clean my face off before I have people over.

• Love 14

Well do I ever feel dumb about the wrong poop! I did tape the show, but I just can't bring myself to watch the damn thing, same as all of the others this season, I tape then erase after I find out everything here from you guys, as well as on twitter. I know I have told you that I lost a daughter to cancer. I have a really hard time watching these non-mothers, the way they ignore and neglect their daughters. You just can't take a child's life for-granted, long lives are not guaranteed, just because they are children. I would give ANYTHING to have my child back, and these losers say they are 'mothers'? Amber especially. Makes me so mad and sad at the same time. Sorry for the rant.

• Love 17
17 hours ago, TresGatos said:

I went back and looked at the property records and Gary's old house in Anderson was in Madison County and his new place in Pendleton is in Hancock County so totally different school districts. On the other hand, I do sincerely with Gary and his family every happiness in the world.

When we lost our farm back in 1989, our daughters were 4, 6 and 11. We had to move to the city for job prospects for my husband, so the girls had to change schools. We ended up moving out of one rental to another, then we finally were able to buy a tiny house-just 680 square feet-but it was fine for us. Then after a couple of years of struggling, my husband ended up getting a really great job, with lots of benefits, a couple hours away, so the girls changed schools yet again. At that time, the oldest was going into the 10th grade, so it was a little hard on her, but just for a very short time. The girls ended up being very social, and never afraid to try new things, or meet new people. Maybe some kids can handle it better than others, but from what we have seen of Leah all of these years, she does not strike me as a shy child, afraid of anything new. I think at her age, if she does change schools, it will not be a big deal to her at all. Kristina and Gary know what they are doing, I would not worry about Leah adapting if she has to. She will be just fine at this young age. It is when a teen has to change that is the hardest time. not at Leah's age. That has been my life experience with it, just my opinion.

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

Well do I ever feel dumb about the wrong poop! I did tape the show, but I just can't bring myself to watch the damn thing, same as all of the others this season, I tape then erase after I find out everything here from you guys, as well as on twitter. I know I have told you that I lost a daughter to cancer. I have a really hard time watching these non-mothers, the way they ignore and neglect their daughters. You just can't take a child's life for-granted, long lives are not guaranteed, just because they are children. I would give ANYTHING to have my child back, and these losers say they are 'mothers'? Amber especially. Makes me so mad and sad at the same time. Sorry for the rant.

I'm sorry for your loss. ??

It's reasons like this that make me want to cherish everyone single moment with my kids because most people do take advantage of the fact that kids are young.

You hear people all the time say "I'm going to spend more time with my grandmother as she's getting old and could pass anytime." Well, the same goes for anyone, sadly.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. ??

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 5

What I can't get over about Gary's gorgeous new house is the price! Something similar in my area (northern WA) would probably sell for triple that. Crazy how much real estate varies in this country.

• Love 3
(edited)

Gary's house is awesome!  Just to spite Amber, I say best of luck and congratulations to Gary and Kristina!  BTW, I think they have the best house I've seen on this show!

Edited by Marisagf
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, mittsigirl said:

I'm sorry for your loss, too.  Not trying to be a dick here, but my kid got burned at 16 months.  We almost lost him but he's still here, 16 years later.  I have managed to raise a spoiled rotten little brat that adult people can't stand.  I don't care.  He's alive,that's all I care about.  We can work on the rest.  My point is, I don't know your pain but I've seen it.  My heart goes out to you.  BIG time.

These idiots on this show have no fucking idea how good they've got it.  

• Love 8
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Marisagf said:

Gary's house is awesome!  Just to spite Amber, I say best of luck and congratulations to Gary and Kristina!  BTW, I think they ave best house I've seen on this show!

Yeah! They do have the best house!  I am happy Gary is smart with the money. 

I used to think Rhiiine was the younger, cuter version of larry.  Now larry is the better looking of the two.  Rhiine looks 45.  And there is nothing wrong with looking 45, unless you are in 20's.   How old is Rhiine exactly?

Edited by Kimitria
  • Love 4

Gary has always been a budget kinda guy. Amber has always hated that about him. She is the kind who has champagne taste on a beer budget.

Gary can afford what he has because he budgeted early on and spent his money wisely. He likely acquired a financial planner who advised him. When my spouse inherited money, the first thing he did was go to a financial planner. Best decision he ever made. 

Amber can go kick rocks about Gary trying to spite her and rub it in her face about what he has and her belief that it would have been hers too if they stayed together. If she and Gary had stayed together, there is no way she would be enjoying this beautiful life that Gary has now (family, farm, rentals, credit) because Amber would have taken Gary down a different path. Gary would be up shit creek trying to pay for her expensive taste. The only taste Amber has is what is in her mouth. 

@mittsigirl my sympathies to you. So sorry. 

• Love 17
11 hours ago, Calm81 said:

I'm sorry for your loss. ??

It's reasons like this that make me want to cherish everyone single moment with my kids because most people do take advantage of the fact that kids are young.

You hear people all the time say "I'm going to spend more time with my grandmother as she's getting old and could pass anytime." Well, the same goes for anyone, sadly.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. ??

Thanks CALM81, you absolutely get it when it comes to life & death:)

3 hours ago, MissMel said:

I'm sorry for your loss, too.  Not trying to be a dick here, but my kid got burned at 16 months.  We almost lost him but he's still here, 16 years later.  I have managed to raise a spoiled rotten little brat that adult people can't stand.  I don't care.  He's alive,that's all I care about.  We can work on the rest.  My point is, I don't know your pain but I've seen it.  My heart goes out to you.  BIG time.

These idiots on this show have no fucking idea how good they've got it.  

So sorry that your baby had to go thru that, but glad that he made it! I can just imagine how much time you spent by his side at the hospital, then the care you gave him once he came home. It must have been so painful.

But would you have gone away on a stupid holiday? I know that the Mom's kids were not suffering any health issues when they left them behind, but would someone like Amber be as dedicated as you were to the care of your son? It kind of makes me wonder, how bad would things have to be before a trip would be cancelled.

Spoil away! He survived what must have been hell, he deserves it! You as well:)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Gary has always been a budget kinda guy. Amber has always hated that about him. She is the kind who has champagne taste on a beer budget.

Gary can afford what he has because he budgeted early on and spent his money wisely. He likely acquired a financial planner who advised him. When my spouse inherited money, the first thing he did was go to a financial planner. Best decision he ever made. 

Amber can go kick rocks about Gary trying to spite her and rub it in her face about what he has and her belief that it would have been hers too if they stayed together. If she and Gary had stayed together, there is no way she would be enjoying this beautiful life that Gary has now (family, farm, rentals, credit) because Amber would have taken Gary down a different path. Gary would be up shit creek trying to pay for her expensive taste. The only taste Amber has is what is in her mouth. 

@mittsigirl my sympathies to you. So sorry. 

Thanks GreatKazu:)

You always post things exactly like I would say them!

• Love 1

@mittsigirl I understand what you mean. My son died in his sleep. We still do not have a cause of death after 6 years and probably never will since the autopsy was inconclusive. To see some of these "parents" acting the way they do is a slap in the face.

• Love 12

I have missed going places or going out because a kid had a fever, wasn't feeling good, whatever the case may be. I sure didn't mind being home with a child who wasn't feeling well. Amber would only avoid a trip if Boo-Boo were in the hospital and then, she would make sure that it was all about HER. She'd be pulling out the "woe is me" antics as Leah lies in a hospital bed. Anyone else remember when Leah was a baby and she had to have a procedure done to find out why she was having some breathing issues, which were later proven not to be an issue at all? As Leah is taken in for this 15 minute procedure, Amber made damn sure to pull out all the stops to ensure the focus was on her as she cried. Forget Gary, he is not worried, only Amber. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

@mittsigirl I understand what you mean. My son died in his sleep. We still do not have a cause of death after 6 years and probably never will since the autopsy was inconclusive. To see some of these "parents" acting the way they do is a slap in the face.

So sorry for your loss MAMADRAMA.

It must have been so awful, so sudden. At least I had 19 months to say everything I wanted to say to her.

I think lots of us who post here have gone thru some sort of loss, hardship, so when we see these girls having kids they could care less about, plus all of the money that has made their lives easier, then of course it pisses us off. We are only human. 

• Love 5

Long time public school teacher, kindergarten and preK. Every year at "Meet the Teacher", I thank my new students' parents for trusting me with their most prized possession (their son or daughter), and every year I get choked up when I say it. With Amber, Leah is not her most prized possession and that breaks my heart. Hugs to those of you who have lost beloved children.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, bethster2000 said:

Another new keyboard.  You people need to buy your own Best Buy store.

Yeah, wouldn't that just spite Amber! Our own Best Buy store to replace the keyboards we spit our drinks on because we laugh at her stupidity!!

1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

Long time public school teacher, kindergarten and preK. Every year at "Meet the Teacher", I thank my new students' parents for trusting me with their most prized possession (their son or daughter), and every year I get choked up when I say it. With Amber, Leah is not her most prized possession and that breaks my heart. Hugs to those of you who have lost beloved children.

You sound like the kind of teacher I would have wanted teaching my kids:)

• Love 6
13 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

And we thank you for taking on a noble profession. I think being a teacher is one of the best and hardest professions out there because you are responsible for tending and teaching so many little people. It is because of you our children are being educated and you open the door to the world. As parents we sometimes want to pull our hair out with what we have to deal with when it comes to parenting. My hat is off to you! We live in a dangerous time. Sending off my kids to school back in the day, all I had to worry about was that they didn't get sick and miss a lot of school and that they made it home safe if they had to walk home. Now, parents worry about mass shootings in school. Since 9/11 nothing has been the same. Since Columbine nothing has been the same. When dealing with my youngest going to school, I remember one of his teachers telling us parents how they will do everything in their power to protect our children. She said our children were her children and she would do whatever she had to do to ensure our kids made it home. I cried like a baby. 

• Love 3
(edited)

mittsigirl and Kazu, thank you for the kind words. Most days I have the best job in the world. When I watch TM and TM2,  I really notice the kids. Most of the kiddoes are well adjusted and happy and have bright futures. Leah is so lucky to have Gary and Kristina, and I have mixed thoughts about Sophia.  I think she is bright, but isn't around peers enough and isn't told "no" enough. Carly won the lottery when adopted, and Bentley, Jayde and Maverick have loving extended families. Nova on the other hand has 2 strikes against her.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 7
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:40 PM, MrsBestes said:

Anyone else notice Maci putting Jayde down to bed and leaving the TV on for her to fall asleep to? Is Jayde even 2? I know some will disagree, but I think that is so inappropriate for a kid that age. She's going to develop some messed up sleeping habits.

It wasn't the TV, it was a soother.  My kids had similar ones.  It has lights and plays music.    My first thought about the green container was that it was from the vet as well.

• Love 4