Type keyword(s) to search

Daytime Divas - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm enjoying the show too. I find Heather to be the most interesting character. I enjoy how all the ladies are being fleshed out beyond the one dimensional intros they use on The Lunch Hour. I really hope it gets renewed.

Vanessa Williams' wig is so unflattering, but I can't imagine anyone else playing Maxine so well. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Next Monday is the 2 hour season finale. What makes you think the show won't come back?

Just a feeling. Don't know the ratings, but I hope it comes back. Great light summer fare. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, sarkygal said:

I'm enjoying the show too. I find Heather to be the most interesting character. I enjoy how all the ladies are being fleshed out beyond the one dimensional intros they use on The Lunch Hour. I really hope it gets renewed.

Vanessa Williams' wig is so unflattering, but I can't imagine anyone else playing Maxine so well. 

She's had quite the transformation. I just hope she comes to her senses and kicks Brad's cheating ass to the curb.

14 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Just a feeling. Don't know the ratings, but I hope it comes back. Great light summer fare. 

I found this about the ratings: http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/daytime-divas-season-one-ratings/.

On 2017-07-18 at 9:08 PM, A.J. said:

Those scenes were my favorite of this episode. 

It was the moment when Janet Mock said "Thats the first time you've said it out loud" that got me. I loved that scene!

• Love 1

The season finale was enjoyable.  I loved the way Maxine went off to jail.  I can't remember what she said but I remember it had something to do with promoting The Lunch Hour.  That was awesome!  If the show comes back I hope her son doesn't go to jail.  I really like the character.  And if Mo returns maybe she won't be so loud.  On the other hand, maybe you need that dynamic.   I like Tichina but she does tend to play the same role over and over.  I liked the role that Tasha Smith (even though she often plays the same role too) played on the show.  She was similar to Mo but not as abrasive.  Other stand out moments for me was Brad being proud of his daughter Ella, the return of Kristen Johnson's character and how when it comes down to what's important the ladies really stand behind one another.  Hopefully we'll get at least one more season.        

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, A.J. said:

The season finale was enjoyable.  I loved the way Maxine went off to jail.  I can't remember what she said but I remember it had something to do with promoting The Lunch Hour.  That was awesome!  If the show comes back I hope her son doesn't go to jail.  I really like the character.  And if Mo returns maybe she won't be so loud.  On the other hand, maybe you need that dynamic.   I like Tichina but she does tend to play the same role over and over.  I liked the role that Tasha Smith (even though she often plays the same role too) played on the show.  She was similar to Mo but not as abrasive.  Other stand out moments for me was Brad being proud of his daughter Ella, the return of Kristen Johnson's character and how when it comes down to what's important the ladies really stand behind one another.  Hopefully we'll get at least one more season.        

She said they'd be doing a segment on Restless Leg Syndrome and Nicki Minaj would be the musical guest and finished with the Lunch Hour's tagline "Lunch is always on us!" I cracked up when she said that. Even when facing prison she's gotta mention the show. I also liked her trading insults with Kristen Johnson. "I'm still trying to process what you said since I was asphyxiated by your breath!"

I think we'll get another season. I wonder how long we'll have to wait though.

20 hours ago, rmcrae said:

She said they'd be doing a segment on Restless Leg Syndrome and Nicki Minaj would be the musical guest and finished with the Lunch Hour's tagline "Lunch is always on us!" I cracked up when she said that. Even when facing prison she's gotta mention the show. I also liked her trading insults with Kristen Johnson. "I'm still trying to process what you said since I was asphyxiated by your breath!"

I think we'll get another season. I wonder how long we'll have to wait though.

Thanks for the recap.  "Lunch is always on us" was the line that cracked me up.  

My guess is that if it comes back it will be early 2018. 

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, A.J. said:

Thanks for the recap.  "Lunch is always on us" was the line that cracked me up.  

My guess is that if it comes back it will be early 2018. 

You're welcome.

The kid in me is screaming "I WANT IT NOW!". Lol.