Type keyword(s) to search

Daytime Divas - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I love Vanessa Williams and Camille Guaty, so I'm in. Also, it looks to me like it's trying to entertain the audience instead of its own writers' room and I think TV could use a little more of that these days.

Love Vanessa as head diva.

Star said all characters are based on someone she either worked with, interviewed, or prosecuted.  We can figure out the first two, but prosecuted? Who cares!

• Love 4

The Christian character is obviously Elizabeth Hasselback. Tachina Arnold's character resembles Whoopi. And the girl who claims she "sexually fluid" is Raven.

• Love 2

This show is going to be my guilty pleasure!  I didn't even know about it until I saw an ad on TV yesterday.  Loved the show.  The writers certainly didn't waste time building up a story line before letting all the secrets out of the bag.  Wonder what revelations will be revealed next week?

• Love 2
20 hours ago, MsTree said:

The Christian character is obviously Elizabeth Hasselback. Tachina Arnold's character resembles Whoopi. And the girl who claims she "sexually fluid" is Raven.

They even gave the real Bitsy a shout-out. Lol.

• Love 1

LOVES IT! I read and enjoyed Satan's Sisters when it came out and was excited to see it as a TV show and so far it hasn't disappointed me. Some of the characters have been changed/mixed together, but it seems like it'll follow the book's storyline.

8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I just hope I remember when it's on next week.  It's not a station I usually watch and I'm old.  From this thread it doesn't look like too many people have found it yet.

Let's spread the word!  It seems as though it's going to be fun not only to watch, but also to talk about.  :-)

• Love 1

I really enjoyed this.  I always like Vanessa Williams so was shocked when they had her go into a coma.  So glad she's already out of it and will be causing some problems for some of the others.  I'm in!

• Love 4

Great summer show. I hope that they are not going to keep Barbara hum Vanessa in a comma too long.

Nice cast.

Star was promoting her show on WW and she said that there will be everything. Drugs, death, cheating....

She is making such a nice come back. It is hard to remember how annoying she was during her engagement/marriage period.

Star grew so much and she is back to her delightful old self.

The show is a nice bridge between Empire and Power/Game of thrones for me.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Great summer show. I hope that they are not going to keep Barbara hum Vanessa in a comma too long.

Nice cast.

Star was promoting her show on WW and she said that there will be everything. Drugs, death, cheating....

She is making such a nice come back. It is hard to remember how annoying she was during her engagement/marriage period.

Star grew so much and she is back to her delightful old self.

The show is a nice bridge between Empire and Power/Game of thrones for me.

Right? Star always had a bitchy side, but the Bridezilla period was the worst. She fell hard after being fired and it seems to have humbled her.

• Love 2
(edited)

Decided to stick around to watch this after Drag Race, and this is definitely gonna be my summer show. I hope Mo has something up her sleeve for the PA.

Edited by cyberfruit
  • Love 1

Terrifically funny writing and acting.  There's also a Facebook group for this show. 

Does anyone watch Watch What Happens Live on Bravo?  Vanessa Williams and Star Jones are Andy's guests tomorrow night! Can't wait!

• Love 4

Loved it too!  Love the "ripped from the headlines" topics.  Vanessa's character in a coma from throat surgery when in fact it was a lift?  Genius rip on Joan Rivers.  Loved how the Christian character was a nice mix of Hasselbeck with strange tendencies.

I am all in!

• Love 3

It's still on. The newest episode came on last night.

I was hoping for a joke about Kelly Osbourne's "who will clean your toilets, Mr. Trump?" comment at her expense, but should've known she wouldn't have done a cameo if they had. Missed opportunity.

I got a kick out of seeing Vanessa Williams little dance after catching Tichina Arnold and the PA's love scene in her chair on the surveillance footage. FIRED!

On 6/20/2017 at 10:49 PM, rmcrae said:

I got a kick out of seeing Vanessa Williams little dance after catching Tichina Arnold and the PA's love scene in her chair on the surveillance footage. FIRED!

Same here....totally unlike Vanessa, which had me kee-keeing.  

I knew Ramona was the thief!

Am I the only one not impressed with Tichina Arnold's character?  Why in the bluedilly hell must every character she portrays has to be the loud uncouth black woman?  

• Love 2
On June 22, 2017 at 4:17 PM, Vixenstud said:

Am I the only one not impressed with Tichina Arnold's character?  Why in the bluedilly hell must every character she portrays has to be the loud uncouth black woman?  

I agree, it seems like she plays the same character every time I see her in something.  I think it would be funny if we found out that Mo is actually from an upper middle class family and all her uncouth-ness is just an act.

• Love 4
On June 21, 2017 at 3:24 AM, Maharincess said:

What the hell was with that spanking scene?!  She looked like she was getting off on it. 

I am loving this show so much. I just wish this board was more active. 

I completely agree Maharincess. I really like the show. I was disappointed when I saw that there were only 19 posts for 3 episodes. Does anyone know how many episodes they will be airing?

• Love 1

I am loving this show!!!!  I couldn't handle watching it everyday like a soap opera, but once a week is just right.  It's definitely fast paced and not long, drawn out drama like other TV shows.  Anyone know how many episodes they've filmed yet?

(edited)

Is Maxine supposed to look like she's wearing an obvious wig? Her hairline is really distracting to me. Vanessa has always had fabulous hair so I don't get it.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
(edited)

I've been searching, but can't find any info on how many episodes will be airing.

I like Tasha Smith's character and her interaction with the conservative co-host. Seems loosely based on Rosie O'Donnell and Elisabeth Hasselbeck's love/hate relationship.

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 1

I hope Mo comes back. I love Tichina Arnold. I know a lot of people say that she plays the same character in everything she does but she does it so well.  I'm sure that landing roles when a woman is a certain age is tough and I'd imagine it is even harder for a woman of color. Its sad but I'm sure she has to take wherever role she gets because thats all there is for her.  I loved her as Rochelle on Everybody Hates Chris which I still watch every day. 

The latest episode was so good. I love how fast paced this show is. I just wish that more people here watched it so this board was more active. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Radar said:

Is the Mo character ever coming back?

I saw Tichina promoting the show on The Talk a week or two ago and she hinted that Mo would be back.

I think the video footage Mo had of the two children, one of whom is a boy but identifies as a girl, will be a story point at some time which would bring Mo back into the story lines.  I just adore this show-it's fast paced and fun!

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:42 PM, rmcrae said:

Thanks for the info, Mikita! :)

Yes, Star Jones said on a few talk shows that they were guaranteed 10 episodes.  So we'll at least get that many.  We'll have to wait to see if it gets renewed.  

(edited)
3 hours ago, Meedis said:

I hope they eventually release the series on Hulu or Netflix.    I don't have CABLE and unfortunately can't watch anything past episode 3.    Uggh.

Its on YouTube. I haven't watched it on YouTube but I've seen it while searching for something else. It looks like they have every episode.  

My DVR went black right when Kibby walked into the kitchen where Julian and Heather were then it came back when Kibby and Maxine were on the roof.  Would somebody mind giving me a quick recap of Kibby's meltdown please? Thank you!  

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Its on YouTube. I haven't watched it on YouTube but I've seen it while searching for something else. It looks like they have every episode.  

My DVR went black right when Kibby walked into the kitchen where Julian and Heather were then it came back when Kibby and Maxine were on the roof.  Would somebody mind giving me a quick recap of Kibby's meltdown please? Thank you!  

Kibby was pissed at Heather for trying to give Julian a "blowie" (Heather's word) because she was upset over Brad's new chick and mistook Julian's kind words about her deserving a better man as a come-on. Kibby called her a "slut" and a "bitch" and though she always knew she was a bitch, the slut part was surprising.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Thanks Maharincess.    That should've been my first search.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Meedis said:

Heh...the Youtube police already got to the links.....or they have long ads asking you to click to questionable sites.    Oh well.   :-)

Well damn.  I'm sorry I got your hopes up. 

VH1.com has the eps up on their website. They make it sound like you have to create an account, but I just clicked on S.1 Ep.1 The Pilot and re-watched the entire episode. There are commercials tho.

• Love 1

Poor Nina. That would be horrific to trapped in such a small space with someone like that. 

I'm glad that Heather was able to discuss Ella and in her own way apologize to the transgender guest host whose name I cannot remember.

Not intrigued at all by the "is Maxine a murder" plot.

Mo is back next week!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Mikita said:

I'm glad that Heather was able to discuss Ella and in her own way apologize to the transgender guest host whose name I cannot remember.

Those scenes were my favorite of this episode. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mikita said:

Poor Nina. That would be horrific to trapped in such a small space with someone like that. 

Not intrigued at all by the "is Maxine a murder" plot.

Mo is back next week!

Janet Mock. I first saw her on another show a few years ago and I was shocked when she said she's trans. I'd never have guessed.

Heather is becoming more likeable since she's ditched that bastard of a husband and dropped the "proper, self-righteous Christian" stereotype persona.

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, tvfanatic13 said:

I wish this forum had more posts. I really enjoy this show. Not likely to come back though. How many more epis?

Next Monday is the 2 hour season finale. What makes you think the show won't come back?