Type keyword(s) to search

Chantel & Pedro: FatherChantel Knows Best

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I think you might mean Farina? Froggy was a little blonde haired kid with a very deep voice. (I'm old, too)

No.  I meant the blonde Froggy.   His face with those glasses and slicked hair reminds me of him.  

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

I think you might mean Farina? Froggy was a little blonde haired kid with a very deep voice. (I'm old, too)

Put a tall spike of hair on the top of his head and he’s Alfalfa. Especially with the glasses. 

I’ll  be looking for bubbles to come out his mouth next time we see him rapping. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 4

She can take over as the West Paces Ferry Flower Guy in Atlanta.  

(For those not from ATL, there was a dude at an exit off of I75 in ATL, Northside/West Paces Ferry, I think, where a dude sold flowers every single day for probably 20 years.  It was a big damn deal when he passed away, too. I haven't been back to that part of Atlanta since he passed, but I do wonder if anyone has taken over his gig.)

• Love 1
On 8/7/2019 at 12:57 PM, Elizzikra said:

I think they actually look a lot alike. Their faces are the same shape.

And the asses. Chantel will be her mother’s doppelgänger in 20 yes. She’s already got the same personality.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

This is supposedly Chantel. There is another photo of her with Pedro, I guess, but it wasn't posted. She is also rumored to be pregnant, which could change her facial features, but it's too hard to believe this is her. If it hadn't been posted identifying her I would not have guessed who it is, but since I know, I can see it in the eyes.

I only watched the first three minutes so I don't know if there is more later into the video, and started it from the beginning because it makes a great sudden change.

This is a therapist who watches episodes and comments on them as he watches. While discussing Nicole and Azan, a clip of the fight of the century showed up, and his facial expressions are great. It was talked about so much that I had to find it.

• Useful 1
On 11/23/2020 at 4:17 AM, mamadrama said:

I can't find a single likable person in this entire spin-off. Is there someone we're meant to be rooting for? 

I guess we could be rooting for those of us watching this creepy crap because there is nothing else to watch, nothing to do, we crave something to get our minds off of reality, and in a weird way, TLC, for doing the heavy lifting finding these creatures we would never hang out with in real life.

Regarding likable, nah, maybe a likable moment but as portrayed, nada.

• Love 2

Royal had a Model Mayhem account back when he was in the Army, and the photos can be seen here

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIG1I7rHqMz/

For those unaware, there were some real models on that site, but for the most part, it was people who were willing to pose in exchange for the photos to post on their social media and use to try and get contracts with real agencies, and to call themselves models. Make-up artists and photographers also had services there, either for trade or money. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I always go to Daily Mail for my gossip news:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10992023/90-Day-Fianc-alum-Pedro-Jimeno-filed-divorce-Chantel-Everett.html

I only hope that this is the final nail in the coffin for Chantal et al. family’s time on TLC.

Love this part:

"'Happy week!' Jimeno is clearly on the prowl with his last Instagram post being a shirtless thirst trap in the gym on June 27"

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I only hope that this is the final nail in the coffin for Chantal et al. family’s time on TLC.

Au contraire, they can do a lot of other types of shows such as the Chantal, The Dating Game or Mother Chantal Finds a Man f(or Chantal), Winter Gets Hot which of course would be a dating competition between her and Chantal.  There are so many ways The Family Chantal can survive on TLC.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 5
  • Fire 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Au contraire, they can do a lot of other types of shows such as the Chantal, The Dating Game or Mother Chantal Finds a Man f(or Chantal), Winter Gets Hot which of course would be a dating competition between her and Chantal.  There are so many ways The Family Chantal can survive on TLC.

I was more shocked that they had $275K than by the divorce filing.

Edited by Gobi
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6
35 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yeah, I have a tendency to hope for the best while preparing for the worst, but you’re right. Still so many TLC dollars to harvest and so little time.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4
On 7/7/2022 at 6:50 PM, Gobi said:

I was more shocked that they had $275K than by the divorce filing.

I was trying to figure out how they had that much too. The show only pays so much and since her parents, his family and her sister all have roles, the money is spilt. Reality shows usually pay cast 10% of the cost so that 10% is spilit (maybe not evenly) by the cast.  My guess would have been they got between 80-120k for this season for Chantel and Pedro.  It is just weird they lived for years in the small apartment and suddenly in less then a year from her gradauting they have a new house and 275k in the bank? 

Pedro might have some claim to a good chunk of money since he worked when she went to school.  I worked when my ex was in med school and I could have gotten a good amount but I had a good degree and just wanted a stress free break. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

I was trying to figure out how they had that much too. The show only pays so much and since her parents, his family and her sister all have roles, the money is spilt. Reality shows usually pay cast 10% of the cost so that 10% is spilit (maybe not evenly) by the cast.  My guess would have been they got between 80-120k for this season for Chantel and Pedro.  It is just weird they lived for years in the small apartment and suddenly in less then a year from her gradauting they have a new house and 275k in the bank? 

Pedro might have some claim to a good chunk of money since he worked when she went to school.  I worked when my ex was in med school and I could have gotten a good amount but I had a good degree and just wanted a stress free break. 

It seems like if the spouse made it easier or even possible for the other to attend professional school they should get a cut of the future value of the degree.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

It seems like if the spouse made it easier or even possible for the other to attend professional school they should get a cut of the future value of the degree.

That is what was the norm in the state I divorced in or a lump sum (I knew a wife of a doctor that worked while he was in med school and residency and divorced later once he was successful and just took a lump sum). I think alimony or monthly support is getting less common so I bet Pedro could get a good deal of that 275k for working those years. There also is video from the show of him saying, I am working now so that once you work I can go to school so maybe she will have to pay for him to get a degree as an exhange. Every state is so different so who knows but for some reason I feel it will get messy and public

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I was rooting for them at one point but they were always doomed. Chantel’s family was awful to Pedro and his family was equally as awful. Chantel is becoming more like her mother and Pedro completely checked out and stopped trying. I am just glad they don’t have children.

• Love 6