Type keyword(s) to search

Chantel & Pedro: FatherChantel Knows Best

• Start Topic

Chantel reminds me of the girl from Will Smith's show from the 90s....Fresh Prince...something. And her family is cautious yet still classy. Pedro's entire family is shit. "Mail me a huge tv with $1,200 shipping fee right now because we deserve it because we are sitting on our asses not doing shit but complaining that you are not sending us your money!" Just gross. Get jobs, losers. Stop depending on your son/brother to support you. 

• Love 2
On 3/10/2019 at 10:53 AM, AZChristian said:

Things are about to get a whole lot more stupider.

And I for one can’t wait.

I wonder what people who know or work with Mother Chantel  think of her? Can thus whole thing be an act? I can’t imagine what Chantel must think. It doesn’t seem that the family is trying to cash in on their notarity so I can only believe what we see is the real Mother Chantel.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 3/18/2019 at 12:51 AM, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Does anyone know when the glories of 90 Day will return to our television screens???? I'm seriously dying of boredom and withdrawals. I had a slight reprieve while "Victoria" was on PBS Masterpiece, but that's done now. 

The new season of Happily Ever After starts April 28th.

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, Booted said:

They have just announced that Chantel and Pedro  will be starring in their own show on TLC coming out in July called The Family Chantel.

I read it too. Now things really cannot get more stupider. 😉 Seems Family Chantel started harvesting the American dollars themselves.

Really, I don't think I am going to watch that kind of @#@$

Edited by DutchbutnoJesse
  • Love 11
(edited)

I'm just hoping that THIS will be the show that proves that I have standards that are high enough to refuse to watch.  (Does that sentence make sense?)

ETA:  Just went into the kitchen where Mr. AZC was making breakfast and delivered the news of this program.  His response:  "Things are about to get a whole lot stupider.  Holy crap."

Gotta love a man who makes breakfast and can discuss my garbage shows.

Edited by AZChristian
  • LOL 9
  • Love 12
54 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I'm just hoping that THIS will be the show that proves that I have standards that are high enough to refuse to watch.  (Does that sentence make sense?)

I have never watched any of the Housewives, the Duggars or Dr. Pimple Popper.  I DO have standards -  unfortunately, they're just not high ones.😀

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 4/9/2019 at 10:54 AM, ALittleShelfish said:

This is a giant bucket of nope for me.  Their storyline has gone too far away from Pedro/Chantel to Family Chantel and I don't like any of them enough to give them 30 min of my time any longer.  Sorry, Mother Chantel, Pedro using your daughter for a green card is no different than you using TLC for a paycheck and tiny hats.  

Well, actually it is different, because Chantel's family are actually US citizens.  

16 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I heard that too.  Supposedly her real name is See Air or something like that, (not 100% sure).

I think it's "CeAir".

14 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Yep, that's what I was going for.  A user is a user.  And I LIKE Pedro, I probably like Chantel, but her family just grates.  

I like Pedro too.  I liked Chantal until the last season they were on, when it was apparent that she was fueling the fire between him and her family.

• Love 9

I dont think they can possibly carry an entire show with this one family- I was surprised to see them back on 90 days actually. There really isn't anything I want to know about these people other than maybe wanting to know if Pedro and whatever her name is are together. If they are then I'm sure it's a case of rinse and repeat. It will be interesting in 5 years to have update - and that's all for me folks.

• Love 8

Yeah her real name supposed to be C air, Cee air, See Air or Sea air or...? Lol.

Anyway, I am team Pedro. He has his flaws but it all started with Chantel (let's call her like that 🙂 ) starting lying about the re9ason why Pedro came. However, I really think that they love(d) each other and perhaps Pedro has some (business) ideas, I still think he came for love.

Skipping the sweet language: I totally agree with Witchz. This spin-off really doesn't make sense. It disgusts me even in a way. Even de spin-off of 'All in the family' made more sense to me. 😉

• Love 8

Well, I think Happily Ever After and this spin off are down to the few famewhores who are willing to grift from TLC. I actually wish they'd given the spinoff to Pao and Russ so I could completely avoid them. And yes, poster above me, I definitely would not watch them. But I will watch The Family Chantel.

• Love 2

I only knew this couple from last season, so when my DVR recorded the latest ep showing the highlights of their relationship I was able to get caught up. 

I know Chantal's family is insufferable, but I don't find Pedro's family any better. They actually bug me more (except maybe for River). I thought they were awful at the chicken feet dinner, especially when I saw they weren't going to eat what his mom cooked. And his sister... Oy.

I also found it interesting that when her family refused to get out of the van at Pedro's grandmother's, you can hear Chantal's mom call her by her real name (Cera/Seaira/whatever).

• Love 2
17 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I only knew this couple from last season, so when my DVR recorded the latest ep showing the highlights of their relationship I was able to get caught up. 

I know Chantal's family is insufferable, but I don't find Pedro's family any better. They actually bug me more (except maybe for River). I thought they were awful at the chicken feet dinner, especially when I saw they weren't going to eat what his mom cooked. And his sister... Oy.

I also found it interesting that when her family refused to get out of the van at Pedro's grandmother's, you can hear Chantal's mom call her by her real name (Cera/Seaira/whatever).

They both suck, for sure, but I think if her family would quit keeping on Pedro about how his family are grifters, he might not dig his heels in so hard.  If they would leave them alone to work their own problems out, they might find balance.  Not holding Chantel blameless - she has to grow a set and put her foot down, and learn when to shut up when it comes to talking to her family about Pedro.  She needs to find others who are married to people from DR, and get advice from them on how to handle cultural differences.

Edited by funky-rat
  • Love 7
On 4/9/2019 at 10:49 AM, DaphneCat said:

I have never watched any of the Housewives, the Duggars or Dr. Pimple Popper.  I DO have standards -  unfortunately, they're just not high ones.😀

Dr. Pimple Popper is actually not too bad.  The Dr. on the show really does try to help people with their various skin issues and they're usually pretty grateful because many of them have run out of options.

• Love 5

Every time I see the commercial where "Chantal" says to Pedro, "I thought maybe we'd have a child by now," I want to scream at my TV.  Why would she think them having a child by now would be a good thing?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I’m watching the recaps for next weeks new season              Chantel & mother chantel have very nice skin ( that’s about the only nice thing i can think of to say )

Pedro looks like he’s packed on some pounds , face is bloated/broken out. Looks like Family Chantel is having a negative effect on this poor fellow.

• Love 3
On 4/20/2019 at 1:55 PM, readheaded said:

Dr. Pimple Popper is actually not too bad.  The Dr. on the show really does try to help people with their various skin issues and they're usually pretty grateful because many of them have run out of options.

I didn't think I could watch dr pimple popper but you get so sucked in and i love it!

not watching this spin off. i hate this entire family

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

I didn't think I could watch dr pimple popper but you get so sucked in and i love it!

not watching this spin off. i hate this entire family

I don't mind Dr. Pimple popper either, she seems to care for her patients and has a fairly high level of emotional intelligence. Funny that The Family Chantel accuses everyone else of harvesting the American dollar when they are the biggest harvesters of them all. I don't ever want to hear them criticize Petro again after this...damn hypocrites the lot of them. I watched the sneak peak and Petro is right, they have no chance unless they move away from her family. He was also right when he said that himself and Chantel are a family and they need to focus on that....they both need to cut the damn cord from their messy families.

• Love 6

Just stumbled upon the 2 hour four couple recap that included Chantal and Pedro. Luckily, I missed their season. I was wondering what Patrick Mahomes (QB for Kansas City Chiefs) was doing on the show until I realized it was Chantal’s brother.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

They may have had a chance if Chantal had kept her mouth shut about their relationship.  Her family does NOT need to know every.single.detail about their fights, his family, their money.  Just shut up Chantal.  The problem is that conflicts often blow over quickly, but once she's told them about it, it's in their heads forever.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 5

ETA: just discovered that the mew episodes will be on this Wednesday so below is not valid anymore. 😁😁

Looking for: nice USA girl

Requires: TLC Network

Zone: 7/8c

Objective: green card so I can watch 90 days fiance tomorrow 

Yeah.. TLC is not broadcasting the trainwreck I was looking forward to in Europe tomorrow.  Discovered this today.  Glad that at least GoT  got broadcasted the same time.

This means that I have to stop to read these forums (spoiler alert) and missing all the snarks. 

Anyone has a TLC e-mail address? I couldn't find any...

• Love 2
On 2/14/2019 at 3:00 AM, Hannah94 said:

Chantel reminds me of the girl from Will Smith's show from the 90s....Fresh Prince...something. And her family is cautious yet still classy. Pedro's entire family is shit. "Mail me a huge tv with $1,200 shipping fee right now because we deserve it because we are sitting on our asses not doing shit but complaining that you are not sending us your money!" Just gross. Get jobs, losers. Stop depending on your son/brother to support you. 

I guess they could have married off the daughter for a flat-screen-if she weren't so bloody ugly!

• Love 2

The best thing about the countdown to the new season was it that it gave me the chance to again watch Mother Chantel YELL. IN. HALTING. SPANISH. AS. IF. POORLY. EXPLAINING. SHIT. TO. A. PARTICULARLY. SLOW. AND. ONLY. NOMINALLY. SPANISH-SPEAKING. TODDLER.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I think Chantel's family just wanted her to marry a nice black, American professional man.  But that didn't happen and Chantel's family need to accept that.  They don't have to like it, but they have to accept it, liking and accepting are two different things.

• Love 4
On 4/8/2019 at 7:05 PM, Booted said:

They have just announced that Chantel and Pedro  will be starring in their own show on TLC coming out in July called The Family Chantel.

Well that confirms my suspicions that the Family Chantel story line was probably fake and it was all a ploy to get their own show.  

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/1/2019 at 4:08 PM, Neurochick said:

I think Chantel's family just wanted her to marry a nice black, American professional man.  But that didn't happen and Chantel's family need to accept that.  They don't have to like it, but they have to accept it, liking and accepting are two different things.

If they wanted Chantel to marry a professional man, then she needed to be where the professional men were. They are not a cheer gyms or at nursing schools or going on spring break when they're 25 years old. An up and coming young lawyer or doctor does not want a wife who dresses like a hoochie mama. Never mind that Chantel exhibits no charm, no wit, no intelligence--anything that would make her attractive to an educated professional. Huge boobs will only get you so far. She would have done better to do a legal secretarial course, than dithering for years before half heartedly going to nursing school. (Seriously, would you want Chantel to take care of you if you were in the hospital? Shudder.)

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

(Seriously, would you want Chantel to take care of you if you were in the hospital? Shudder.)

I think she'd be great with coma patients. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1

You know what the worst thing about these awful people is? If they are just pretending, and are not as horrible as they seem, no one told Pedro. He is genuinely sad and heartbroken. So not only are they treating him like dirt, he's not in on the joke and he really thinks that Chantel's family hates him. They've treated him abominably. If this is the case then they are even worse than they are being shown to be, in my opinion. What a cruel and heartless thing to do.

• Love 4

And, the family continues to deny any horrid actions on their end.  They are all so innocent and accepting of Pedro.  Sure, that's why when Pedro was trying to calm down the escalating events at dinner Chantel that River stood up, called him a name, threw a roll at him, swung the hanging light at him and then proclaims confusion about why Pedro tried to fight him.  And Chantel willingly goes along with the Family Chantel's version of all events related to Pedro.  Oh, and Chantel completely ignores the fact that his sister did not call her a name before the wedding until Chantel went off on an ugly rant directed towards the sister.

I will not watch the Family Chantel show as I really can't stand the entire family.  Free Pedro.

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I will not watch the Family Chantel show as I really can't stand the entire family.  Free Pedro.

What will the show be about?   Family Chantel picking apart and belittling Pedro.  No thanks.  Unless they show a cage fight between Family Chantel and Pedro’s family, I won’t watch.  Watching Pedro’s mother kick Mother Chantel’s ass would be hilarious.  And you know she would, even if Mother Chantel had her taser. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
13 hours ago, LGGirl said:

What will the show be about?   

Mother Chantel spending all her money on tiny hats what makes father Chantel fucking angry so he cut his credit card. Both then decide to blame it in Pedro and chicken feet voodoo. The end up in a new sitcom: 'Things are getting more stupider'.

As a side dish we will see River trying to furfil his dream of becoming a professional basketball player. At the end he fails as he is too small and simply an ass. He ends up selling tiny hats at the street and blames Pedro for it.

The relation of C and P will fall apart because P finds a decent job, selling TV's and C now also blames him to harvest American dollars. After the break up she finds a job at McDonalds, where she eats only fries and gains 250 pounds. Because of that she ends up in the 500lbs series with dr. Now what results in a new spinn-off; 'My life with dr. Now'

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

As a side dish we will see River trying to furfil his dream of becoming a professional basketball player. At the end he fails as he is too small and simply an ass. He ends up selling tiny hats at the street and blames Pedro for it.

I thought River was an aspiring rapper?

• LOL 1