Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Week 3: Ellen DeGeneres & More

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I checked it out.  It was self-published.  (Lots of good books are, but this one...)

"Every day is a new life to a wise one and wisdom is needed to move forward. In this piece of work, you will have daily quotes to connect to for the greater good of yourself and life in general. Inspired words have a way of serving you through good and down times."

Yes, I read a little of his book that was available on amazon, thus my grammar comment.  Lol. It is both funny and sad.  

• Love 1

Part of me wants to defend Eric as Lee and Iggy were incredibly condescending in their words to him. I got a sense that they both think he's some type of project that they can use to seem superior. It's upsetting as there's always personalities that don't react well to being cooped up in the mansion, but Eric's case has a lot of micro agressions in play.  

That said, Rachel relayed the wrong information. What I heard was Eric was least suited to her not wrong motives. As to him questioning her motives, it was actually Iggy and Eric rightfully pointed out that she couldn't possibly have feelings for all the guys. 

Anyway, this episode made me sad. Eric is not the most articulate or eloquent, but I do agree he was singled out. YMMV

• Love 12

I did get a laugh this episode from Rachel's comment about the one guy's hair after the mud wrestling. She gave big props to the guy's hair product since his boof do stayed in place after every round. I still haven't figured out (read: don't care) who is whom so don't know his name. I also noticed Waboom was pretty drunk/stoned by the time he was ejected from the RC, and made comments about "leaving Paradise." I took it to mean his audition for BIP was over. I'm ready to put hard, cold cash on a bet that he'll be on BIP for sure. Any takers? I can see Blake being cast on BIP too, just for a continuation of the DRAH-mah.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Superpole2000 said:

I'm not sure if the guys know what to do, because every signal they are getting is that aggressive, immature(?) behaviour gets the lead's attention. Or maybe I'm just that weird guy who prefers to talk with women at parties instead of ripping my clothes off, grinding up on them, and throwing my tongue down their throat.

Right.  And maybe that's why relationships from this show fail so often.  Because, the quiet, serious, guy who wants to have a conversation and get to know you first, before making out, is often the guy who makes a good husband.

2 hours ago, DEL901 said:

"Every day is a new life to a wise one and wisdom is needed to move forward. In this piece of work, you will have daily quotes to connect to for the greater good of yourself and life in general. Inspired words have a way of serving you through good and down times."

Wow.  that doesn't even mean anything at all.

15 minutes ago, sarkygal said:

Part of me wants to defend Eric as Lee and Iggy were incredibly condescending in their words to him. I got a sense that they both think he's some type of project that they can use to seem superior. It's upsetting as there's always personalities that don't react well to being cooped up in the mansion, but Eric's case has a lot of micro agressions in play.  

That said, Rachel relayed the wrong information. What I heard was Eric was least suited to her not wrong motives. As to him questioning her motives, it was actually Iggy and Eric rightfully pointed out that she couldn't possibly have feelings for all the guys. 

Anyway, this episode made me sad. Eric is not the most articulate or eloquent, but I do agree he was singled out. YMMV

I agree.  Eric probably is not right for Rachel, and that was what the guys said.  Then it was interpreted as he was "here for the wrong reasons."  No, they were more thinking that he wasn't educated and articulate enough for her.  which isn't really their call to make, it's hers.  But Raven's question was close to asking them to predict who Rachel might eliminate next - "who is not right for her?"

• Love 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I feel like he was going for a "smell the fart rule of soap opera acting" moment but it....didn't work. How she reacts to moments like this is really telling about how she feels about the guys.  She's pretty polite but it's telling how she dealt with Kenny stripping or Dean's "black and never go back" comment vs. the booger moment. Had Peter, another model but one she's actually interested in, busted out that move, I suspect she would have laughed quite a bit.

Kenny stripping and Dean's "never go back" is on another planet compared to the "booger roll". Peter, doesn't model anymore. He owns at least one gym. Someone told me he has two but I'm not sure.  

Edited by BaileyMae
  • Love 1

I don't have any problem with the shirtless dancing.  When I was Rachel's age, one of the clubs in my town had a weekly "male stripper" night and we went at least once a month.  It was some good, clean fun!  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, JenE4 said:

It happens, but it's usually WHILE the contestant and lead are having their 1:1 time during the course of the group date that the contestant says/does something so engregious that the lead is like, yeah, this isn't going to work out. Or, something happens between the contestants while the lead is offscreen with someone and the lead finds out and says, you need to go. If it happens during the group date, it is almost always because the lead wants them to go NOW, but occasionally it's been I think your feelings are stronger than mine and I don't want to put you though waiting until the rose ceremony. I guess Freddy fit in that latter category. But I've never understood that strategy because it's really SO much more embarrassing to be sent home on the date than during the RC. 

The problem I have is that she picked up the rose before asking to talk with him privately, making it seem like he was getting the date rose. After the talk they had, I don't necessarily blame her for sending him home early. I'm indifferent to that I guess. It's the involvement of the rose that was shitty. But you're right, it seems like it would be much less embarrassing to go home at the rose ceremony. It's not like she had to see Fred again or even talk to him until then so I don't get the strategy either.

6 hours ago, F. M. said:

I don't think Fred even noticed, at that point, I doubt he cared.

Are you saying that you don't think Fred noticed the date rose sitting on the table? All of them practically sit and stare at the thing, wringing their hands. It's the prize of the date and they all thought Fred was getting the rose because she made it a point to pick it up and smile at him before asking him to talk, and then she brought it with her as if she was giving it to him. I guess I don't understand what you meant. I'm pretty sure Fred cared about Rachel.

• Love 4

I've never watched The Bachelorette before, I only jumped in b/c I saw an African American woman was going to have all of the "choosing" power, and I am glad I did!!  This show can be ridiculously funny.  It's super-produced and I have nothing but praise for how stage-managed it is -- I am enjoying it!

Okay some quick thoughts about the contestants:

-Bryan: Hot.  But smarmy.

-Alex: Hot.  But too goofy.

-Peter: Hot.  But too serious and IA with others who think he's just not that into Rachel.  

-Dean: Pretty.  Too young (in personality).

-Jonathan: Pretty.  Too dumb?

Tbh the strongest contender I see now is Will, though Kenny and Diggy could come up in Rachel's estimation and Peter could get more invested in future eps.  I actually liked the Anthony date a lot but I don't think they were smitten with each other at all -- I've been on dates where it was the date itself (the occasion, the setting, the events of the evening) that was awesome, not the person that I was on that date with, and that's exactly how the Anthony date seemed to me. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, abelard said:

-Jonathan: Pretty.  Too dumb?

Do you mean Tickle Monster? I wouldn't call him pretty. So maybe that's not who you have in mind.

His sense of humor is dopey - but he's some sort of medical practitioner in real life, so he can't be a total doofus.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:57 AM, MakeMeLaugh said:

Could we just have a whole show of Anthony on a horse? 

He was a good sport. Loved when after the horse dropped a deuce he quoted one of the T-shirts in the shop and said the horse was too glam to give a damn(?) lol.

Well if Rachel doesn't want him, Fred can come right this way with his "bad" self. He was one of the more attractive guys there imo and I thought his backstory of having a crush on her as a kid was adorable.

At this point I'm team Kenny (minus all the daughter talk) but he won't be the last man standing.

• Love 5

When Kenny gets kicked off, which I'm guessing will happen, I hope he watches the tapes of himself so that he can see that he talks about his daughter way too much, too soon. 

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, BaileyMae said:

He owns at least one gym. Someone told me he has two but I'm not sure.  

Peter doesn't own a gym.  He owns a personal training company.  He's affiliated with a gym that will let him bring personal training clients to work out if they want to work out in a gym as opposed to outside or their house.  He did model for a long time so I would think he has some moves.  And while he doesn't model full time any longer, it does appear that he has done some local work in WI and Chicago.

6 hours ago, sarkygal said:

I think this is true of Iggy.  I could be wrong but I do get the sense that Iggy, misguidedly and buttinskyly, felt he could help Eric.  Lee?  No.  For some reason, I got a real "southern genteel" vibe from him in that he was cool as a cucumber and enjoyed pushing the black man to act in a way that made him look unhinged.

As for Fred, I must be cold but I didn't feel bad for him.  I know this is the name of the game but imagining getting married to Rachel after the first kiss when she clearly didn't want to kiss you.  We never found out why she had such a strong reaction to him but it was awkward watch him completely misread her, especially when she had no interest.  I think she would have booted him on the first night if the producers hadn't held out hope there would be some friction between them.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2

The reason Rachael had a strong negative reaction to him is because she was his camp counselor and could not get past that.  I wouldn't be able to either.  ^^^^^

• Love 3
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

The reason Rachael had a strong negative reaction to him is because she was his camp counselor and could not get past that.  I wouldn't be able to either.  ^^^^^

Yes but she was so vague about how he was "bad." It was almost as if she were offended he was there. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Nowhere said:

The problem I have is that she picked up the rose before asking to talk with him privately, making it seem like he was getting the date rose. After the talk they had, I don't necessarily blame her for sending him home early. I'm indifferent to that I guess. It's the involvement of the rose that was shitty. But you're right, it seems like it would be much less embarrassing to go home at the rose ceremony. It's not like she had to see Fred again or even talk to him until then so I don't get the strategy either.

Are you saying that you don't think Fred noticed the date rose sitting on the table? All of them practically sit and stare at the thing, wringing their hands. It's the prize of the date and they all thought Fred was getting the rose because she made it a point to pick it up and smile at him before asking him to talk, and then she brought it with her as if she was giving it to him. I guess I don't understand what you meant. I'm pretty sure Fred cared about Rachel.

I think after they spoke, which was a lot longer than we saw, it was a) nice of her to walk him out b) at that point he was smart enough to know that rose was moot. I mean they leave girls on an island, while they give the rose to the other girl or guy in front of them, and take off. For me it was no biggie

4 hours ago, wings707 said:

I agree, I think he had a crush, and she had moved on. I'm sure they remain friends.

Soo much cringy goodness! The snark here is even better! Whomever called that foolish dude Lucas "Sham Wow" you had me laughing so hard I almost woke my dog up lol lol

Props to you all remembering the names! I need thumbnail photos whenever you refer to the guys, like those children's books with the sentences interspersed with small pictures of the characters in the story. I'm going to do my best to remember the names. Here we go:

Eric: Bye... sorry Eric can go from zero to 100. It's leaning into the rage-o-holic territory. If you have ever been around people like this, or have been in a relationship with this type, you would show them the door. People like that can be unbearable and make everyone around them miserable. 

Anthony: I'm mentioning him because there was a part of his date that cracked me up! People were pointing and screaming Rachel's name. He piped up and was like "This is the One on One" lol Bachelor lingo is just part of our everyday recognizable language. lol lol

Peter: Distractingly attractive :yes!  Is he into her? I thought he was until I read this board. She did pull him in for their first kiss, not the other way around... I noticed something else (and this just may be editing) When the guys did the stripper challenge on Ellen.The camera showed Peter in the middle of a bunch of adoring women, as opposed to the shots of the other guys who had to choose a victim and proceed with the bump and grind/ squat and roll it up!  YMMV

Kenny: Men with children were a deal breaker for me when I was single. I may have made an exception for someone who was a Widow, but other than that it was a big fat NO from me. If I were Rachel he would be gone.  Instant Motherhood on top of an already unconventional stressful situation, has big fail written all over it!

Will: May have a serious contender here...

Alex: Hot..yes... Here for Rachel? or to be the next Bachelor?

Dean: Here's another one that she seems more into them, than they are into her.... He seems awkward in conversations with her.

Bryan:  I buy into his charm everytime, this after always having a feeling  when he appears on screen, that his entire shtick is an act.... 

Random observations....

Is there a prop room in the house? Where do these guys keep getting these dumb toys and such they stunt in front of Rachel with?

I'm low key with the poster that pointed out Dimarios situation as not as "shady" as she made it out to be. Only one person can win, so he made sure he kept a back burner buddy lol lol Her dragging of him was enjoyable, but as others pointed out, most likely scripted.

The Cast off show show will suck! They'll probably spend 30 minutes on Lucas and "Hall Monitor Guy"can't remember his name going back and forth on yet more made up drama.....

KidCamp guy was pitiful.  He thought he had it in bringing that old yearbook past connection, kiddie camp thing and it backfired... 

Not much to say about the rest...  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, waving feather said:

The Bachelorette used to be a "Sales Rep" haven the first few seasons. Now "personal trainer" is the new thing. Is it a lucrative business?

Personal Trainer + Moved to LA = Aspiring Actor

• Love 4

I don't have much to add to all the delightful comments, I only want to say that I will now be using "That's impossible; I don't eat carbs! I'm on a keto diet!" when defending myself in any situation. I think it will go over really well at work.

• Love 9

All the comments about Kenny dwelling too much on his daughter mean the editing monkeys have done their job portraying him as how they want us to see him. My guess is, they have 40 hours of Kenny talking about everything EXCEPT his daughter, but they find five minutes to suit their story line for Kenny The Dad, and that's what we get to see to cause buzz, This show exists for buzz and ratings. For all we know, Rachel asked to see pictures and hear about the daughter. But Kenny has been assigned a role, which means he is NOT going to F2. And he won't be next Bach. 'Bye Kenny.

• Love 11

Kenny can go to BIP and trade adorable child photos with Amanda while they enjoy themselves away from the kids. 

In the olden days the jocks played a sport through college and then went into insurance as a career, or became gym teachers. Now they are personal trainers because they major in sports management or something like that. Peter's called an entrepreneur or something in his little title bar. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, saber5055 said:

All the comments about Kenny dwelling too much on his daughter mean the editing monkeys have done their job portraying him as how they want us to see him. My guess is, they have 40 hours of Kenny talking about everything EXCEPT his daughter, but they find five minutes to suit their story line for Kenny The Dad, and that's what we get to see to cause buzz, This show exists for buzz and ratings. For all we know, Rachel asked to see pictures and hear about the daughter. But Kenny has been assigned a role, which means he is NOT going to F2. And he won't be next Bach. 'Bye Kenny.

He had me at NEXT! when he said "I have a daughter".... 

I found this episode really irritating.

The Blake and Lucas drama = stupid.  I think Blake lost Rachel the moment he mentioned the keto diet.  That would do it for me.  And Lucas really never had a chance.

The Eric drama = stupid.  He's been there, what, 3 days and he already wants some kind of guarantee from Rachel that he's got a shot.  You know you're not the only guy there, right?  You're on the Bachelorette.  Another stupid person who apparently has never watched the show.

Rachels besties = annoying.  Those women are some randoms who happened to be on the same TV show as you.  They're not your best friends.  We know the show brought them on, not you.  And they really added nothing to the episode.

Next week's Lee drama = annoying.  More producer-manufactured crap, this time featuring BLM.

Whoever said these guys are a bunch of bitches is right.

• Love 3
On 6/7/2017 at 9:00 PM, Nowhere said:

I cannot stand Lee. 

Me neither and I said it since day one. I know TPTB are amping up the drama but I think what we're seeing is his basic personality. I don't know what his job title is but how does this dude keep a job?? Can you imagine the workplace drama he stirs up? Of course brown nosers do. And he so fits the description.

He seems a little on the short side. Makes me think little man syndrome perhaps? Don't know but this guys got some issues that's pretty clear.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

I don't know what his job title is but how does this dude keep a job?? Can you imagine the workplace drama he stirs up?

His ABC bio says he's a "singer-songwriter", i.e. he doesn't have a real job.

• Love 4
On 6/7/2017 at 7:19 PM, violet and green said:

Do you mean Tickle Monster? I wouldn't call him pretty. So maybe that's not who you have in mind.

His sense of humor is dopey - but he's some sort of medical practitioner in real life, so he can't be a total doofus.

He's not ugly by real life standards, but in this group, he's one of the least attractive, IMO. He's also super awkward, his performance in all aspects of the Ellen date was embarrassing. I loved Ellen's response when Rachel brought up the tickling. "I don't like that, why is he still here?" followed later by "Tickle guy doesn't dance well." 

I get the feeling that he was not popular with someone in production, between changing his profession to "tickle monster" to taking the time to not only air Ellen's  comment about his dancing but to subtitle it as well so it wouldn't be missed.  

I thought that was unnecessarily mean too and seemed out of character for Rachel, but I guess this is just part of being the lead. 

I ended up having kind of a soft spot for Fred, but it was so clear that she was still in camp counselor mode with him that I'm glad I don't have to watch him try futilely to overcome that. 

Alex: Hot..yes... Here for Rachel? or to be the next Bachelor?

I love Alex, but I don't see him and Rachel together ultimately. I'd kinda like to see him go on Paradise and get hooked up with shark girl Alexis for some reason. They seem like two goofballs who could hit it off. 

The Cast off show show will suck! They'll probably spend 30 minutes on Lucas and "Hall Monitor Guy"can't remember his name going back and forth on yet more made up drama....

Please no. Even the minute amount of time already wasted on those two is too much. Lucas is not an entertaining villain and Blake was the blandest, most annoying foil ever. 

Much as I don't really like Lee, he's a much more natural villain. I guess because he might actually BE an asshole and not just playing one on TV, lol. If someone's going to stir the pot, I'd rather it not be so blatantly fake and TV scripted as the Blake/Lucas thing. 

Where Kenny loses me is things like saying his daughter tells him "daddy, I want you to find someone, daddy, I want you to be happy, etc." which I don't buy on several levels. For one, the kid is young, like 8-10, right? Kids that young aren't exactly going to be attuned to adult relationships and needs. But even more, she's a little girl who apparently has her daddy all to herself and I would bet she likes it that way. So him using that kind of talk as an enticement for Rachel kinda bugs, as does the assumption that playing the daddy card is the ultimate in. 

On 6/6/2017 at 8:34 PM, violet and green said:

Can't stand Diggy purely because he owns 574 pairs of sneakers and bragged about it.

I loathe Diggy for that very reason!  Every time he's on screen his shoe remark is all I think of.  I don't care how well off a person is, buying that many pairs of tennis shoes is sick and creepy as hell.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I'd kinda like to see [Alex] go on Paradise and get hooked up with shark girl Alexis for some reason. They seem like two goofballs who could hit it off. 

This is something I never knew I wanted but now I really need it to happen.

If someone's going to stir the pot, I'd rather it not be so blatantly fake and TV scripted as the Blake/Lucas thing. 

I'm the opposite. I'd much rather watch Lucas and Blake be fake assholes than watch Lee be an actual real racist.

• Love 4

Ooh, I want Alex and Alexis too now!  I'm always surprised by Peter's body language. He was a model and posed in some pretty scanty clothing; yet he's always standing with his arms crossed, or his hands in his pockets, or some other sign that he is uncomfortable.  I can't decide if he's not into her, or he's trying to hold something back and not come off as a jerk/horn dog, or what.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Ripley68 said:

Ooh, I want Alex and Alexis too now!  I'm always surprised by Peter's body language. He was a model and posed in some pretty scanty clothing; yet he's always standing with his arms crossed, or his hands in his pockets, or some other sign that he is uncomfortable.  I can't decide if he's not into her, or he's trying to hold something back and not come off as a jerk/horn dog, or what.

This. I get the feeling from Peter that he's hiding something/hiding his real thoughts and even maybe his real self a bit. It might just be because he's not entirely comfortable putting everything out there on TV or it might be more sinister.

(edited)

This episode was gold. First off, I really thought she was gonna send Diggy home, that would have been a bummer because I think he´s gonna go really far. I´ve got one of my "feelings" about him, and usually when I get those it means that that person either wins or is final 3. Then came the little sketch by Blake and Lucas, omg, that was so cringy but still funny. I´d like to see a show where those two go searching for love together, trying to not let their hatred for each other stand in the way.

95% of the time I´m so bored watching the one on one dates, I just find them incredibly non-exciting. Until today. The horse date was amazing. I actually had fun watching that, and after all those years I´m just surprised that they haven´t more of these funy and wacky dates. I think Rachel had one on Nick´s season that was almost fun to watch, so maybe it´s her... At the rose ceremony I noticed that a lot of the guys were kind of super ugly, especially Anthony, but after that date I think he´s very hunky and I started noticing that he radiates inner beauty that made him good looking. I still hope she picks Diggy but Anthony is a great guy.

Alex is nice too, he´s funny without being gimmicky. He´s just a funny guy.

My only problem with Rachel so far is all the constant kissing. It´s getting to be almost a bit much.

I felt so sorry for Fred, I´m sure he cried when he got home.

I hate Lee, he truly is a snake. Eric is immature and not worthy to be in Rachel´s presence, but I think he´s a good guy underneath.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/9/2017 at 1:31 PM, ljenkins782 said:

Much as I don't really like Lee, he's a much more natural villain. I guess because he might actually BE an asshole and not just playing one on TV, lol. If someone's going to stir the pot, I'd rather it not be so blatantly fake and TV scripted as the Blake/Lucas thing. 

On 6/9/2017 at 5:59 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I'd much rather watch Lucas and Blake be fake assholes than watch Lee be an actual real racist.

I'll admit I haven't seen Lee's twitter posts or know what his statements were exactly but I'm assuming from my fellow posters that he made some racist remarks. So I have to conclude that he definitely isn't on the show for Rachel and might possibly be faking it. Otherwise why would someone who's racist be on a dating show competing for a black woman?? 

I don't have Twitter so I have no idea how it works. Were his comments made just recently or does it seem to be an ongoing thing from past tweets from before he would have been chosen to be a Bach/Bette contestant? It just makes me wonder if his whole persona is totally fake and something the producers have encouraged for ratings? Like, "post these comments on your Twitter and make sure to stir the shit as much as possible". I really don't think that's the case but I wouldn't put anything past these producers. It just doesn't make sense to me how someone who's a racist would be willing to compete for any minority mate. But regardless if he's faking or not I still despise him. Anyone who would let themselves be portrayed as racist when their not is obviously more interested in fame and money than they are their dignity and reputation. Still a asshole. If it's the real him (which I think it is) than I side eye his credibility in pursuing a woman of color.

Edited by yorklee2
1 hour ago, yorklee2 said:

.... Otherwise why would someone who's racist be on a dating show competing for a black woman?? 

I don't have Twitter so I have no idea how it works. Were his comments made just recently or does it seem to be an ongoing thing from past tweets from before he would have been chosen to be a Bach/Bette contestant?  .... Like, "post these comments on your Twitter and make sure to stir the shit as much as possible". I really don't think that's the case but I wouldn't put anything past these producers. It just doesn't make sense to me how someone who's a racist would be willing to compete for any minority mate. 

Here is a link to read some of what he posted:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-bachelorette-racist-tweets-contestant-lee-garrett-1202450087/

There are dates, so you can see the racist stuff is timestamped back to 2015 and beyond. 

I heard on a podcast that Lee said he was recruited by a producer who contacted him via his facebook messages. So i think the show knew he was (at least) going to be a lightning rod and cast him for that purpose.  

As to why go on the show?  For fame.  Lee, if he really is a singer songwriter, might not be afraid of being cast in a bad light in terms of race relations.  At the very least, he could just claim he is going to call it like he sees it.  Not pull any punches and not  be politically correct.  There are people who would support him for that stance.  (And he seems to claim to be a country singer songwriter, where he might think that will be a more common response than in other sectors of the music industry, though i think this is misguided)

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, fib said:

Here is a link to read some of what he posted:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/the-bachelorette-racist-tweets-contestant-lee-garrett-1202450087/

There are dates, so you can see the racist stuff is timestamped back to 2015 and beyond. 

I heard on a podcast that Lee said he was recruited by a producer who contacted him via his facebook messages. So i think the show knew he was (at least) going to be a lightning rod and cast him for that purpose.  

As to why go on the show?  For fame.  Lee, if he really is a singer songwriter, might not be afraid of being cast in a bad light in terms of race relations.  At the very least, he could just claim he is going to call it like he sees it.  Not pull any punches and not  be politically correct.  There are people who would support him for that stance.  (And he seems to claim to be a country singer songwriter, where he might think that will be a more common response than in other sectors of the music industry, though i think this is misguided)

Thanks for the link. His posts, to me, seem to be more political than racist. He made some racist comments but the majority were more political to me. I'm not getting into politics because that would be 1- off topic and 2- not allowed but he's just not "good people" as we say around here. And it seems he has some drama with the black contestants coming up that looks to be racially motivated so yeah he's an ass.

I don't doubt for a minute the producers recruited him to stir up drama. It makes sense that, that would be the reason he come on. Not Rachel but fame and money. Which is what a good percentage of contestants do honestly. Still I dislike him more than any villain they've had in awhile.

Edited by yorklee2
On 6/5/2017 at 10:03 PM, JenE4 said:

Rachel's entire response to DeMario needs to be cross-stitched on a very large pillow! Big ovation coming from my couch! I don't want to misquote her, but she was on fire with forward for you is not back here in this mansion, it's out there, etc.

I am behind (was on vacation) but was SO impressed with how she handled that. I was expecting her to go all dopey eyes and give-him-another-chance. 

• Love 1
On 6/7/2017 at 11:35 AM, wings707 said:

Readability is your friend. This is why real authors have editors.

Anyways, did I miss them saying why there is no episode this week?

8 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Readability is your friend. This is why real authors have editors.

Anyways, did I miss them saying why there is no episode this week?

6 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

It's pre-empted for the NBA finals.

What?!? Seriously?!? Well, thanks for breaking the news now. Otherwise my heart would have been broken when I tuned in at 8.

I agree I hated how Rachel grabbed the rose right before dumping Fred's butt, I didn't like how she totally ratted out Lee and Bryce to Eric, aside from that I'm loving this season and Rachel overall. By the way alittle OT but kinda related, I just read bachelor in paradise has been cancelled so I don't think any of these guys will get the chance to go, happy I don't have to see whaboom's face again since he was soooo bachelor in paradise material.

• Love 2

That whole take-your-shirt-off-and-grind-the-ladies-in-the audience thing.

All I could think of is that my dear husband of 27 years would not in a zillion years do such a stunt. And would not have done it when I met him, when he was 28.  He would just plain refuse. So Rachel is only going to accept a guy that will demean himself this way? She seems better than that. Most of the women I know who are married to good, decent, loyal men, would also say that their dear husbands would not do that stunt.

So I'm not sure she's really truly after good-husband material.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, dleighg said:

All I could think of is that my dear husband of 27 years would not in a zillion years do such a stunt. And would not have done it when I met him, when he was 28.  He would just plain refuse. So Rachel is only going to accept a guy that will demean himself this way? She seems better than that. Most of the women I know who are married to good, decent, loyal men, would also say that their dear husbands would not do that stunt.

I agree.  MOst of the men I know would be very uncomfortable doing such a thing.  yet they are good husbands and fathers.  

DANCING can be enough of a "step out of your comfort zone" thing for many guys.  stripper dancing might be more than a lot of guys would do.  then again, maybe those "good husband" tpes guys don't go on reality dating shows.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, enthropyhater said:

I agree I hated how Rachel grabbed the rose right before dumping Fred's butt, I didn't like how she totally ratted out Lee and Bryce to Eric, aside from that I'm loving this season and Rachel overall. By the way alittle OT but kinda related, I just read bachelor in paradise has been cancelled so I don't think any of these guys will get the chance to go, happy I don't have to see whaboom's face again since he was soooo bachelor in paradise material.

41 minutes ago, dleighg said:

That's hilarious if BIP was cancelled. Haha these fame whores thought they had a steady tv job and the rug was pulled out from under them. 

I think because Rachel is the first black bachelorette after too many years without a minority lead, and she comes from a good family, her father being a judge and all that, everybody is giving her more leeway than they have other bachelorettes because we're all rooting for her big time. I was ecstatic about Rachel and I do think she's the smartest bachelorette we've ever had and she has a great personality. However, Rachel still does and says shitty things at times just like the others. I'm not giving her a pass on those things just because she's a judge's daughter. We thought this season would be more serious but it's obvious that her father's reputation doesn't mean a thing (rumor was that things would be kept classy because of her dad) considering we've already seen a mass strip tease on the Ellen show. I'm glad she got rid of both the plants in one day, i.e. Lucas and Blake. I'm sure the producers didn't want that. Now she needs to get rid of the plant, Lee. He is a racist and he's there to stir shit up. Just because he doesn't mind kissing Rachel doesn't mean he's not a racist. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, dleighg said:

She went on a reality show to find a "husband" from 30 men, a lot of whom she probably isn't attracted to, some of whom are only there for TV exposure, or money or travel....etc. And she has to make that decision in approximately two months. 

If she finds long lasting love...so be it but she's smart.  She probably realizes that'd be a bonus rather than the reason she should be on the show.

I do agree that men who are willing to take off their shirts and dance probably aren't a good match for some people who would judge them for it.  Personally, I'd look at the circumstances.  I hate strip clubs but I would not think negatively about a man who is willing to participate in silly fun for charity at the behest of the woman he's courting and  one of the country's most popular daytime hosts.

I know plenty of decent men who would do it.  Perhaps shyly.  Perhaps poorly.  But carpe diem...

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, dleighg said:

Exactly!  That's why I didn't watch past the rose ceremony.