Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Amish Pair-O-Dice

(edited)
1 hour ago, DeeReynolds said:

So that leaves Mary? I'm sure she would trip over the bishop to have her own show, but who wants to watch a crazy pretend Amish lady drink and swing around a pole solo for 3 hours on Sunday nights?

I'm also very surprised that we didn't have a TH of Mary this episode with regards to being at Hooters. "In the Amish, we don't have Hooters. We like to let them swing low, sweet chariots. Chester wouldn't approve of me being around all these fake breasts, but my father died so I'm going to play blackjack with the Hooters dealer all I want."

30 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I think she'd trip the bishop to stay on TV.

OMG You 2 are to much!! LMAO 

BTW, TLC doesn't stay to far from those with legal trouble...look at another one of their shows and who they are having come back. IMO that says it all on this channel and how low they will go. 

Edited by Evil Queen
(edited)

Mary was always one of the more enjoyable characters for me, but she's taken things so far now that it's caused too many consequences for Chester, who likes being Amish. I enjoyed her openness to new experiences as long as they didn't hurt her family.

Chester seems like a devoted husband in all respects.  He apparently adopted Mary's out of wedlock child and there was a clip of him rubbing her feet.  A good husband doesn't grow on trees.  Mary's behavior finally resulted in Chester being banished.  From what I understand, the church can't shun Katie Ann or Esther or Andrew if they never joined the church,  but Abe did and so did Rebecca. 

Wonder what's going to happen to their marriage now that Chester has been banished.  All their kids are either ex or never joined the church and Mary's had one foot out the door and the other on a banana peel for years now.  I think she still dresses Amish more to please Chester, but if he decided to leave the church, or find a more tolerant group, would she totally go English?  I was very sad to hear Chester had been banished because being Amish seems to mean a lot to him. 

Will we find out next season? But like many of the posters have pointed out: Sabrina is a hot mess and being on this show while she'so fragile isn't fair. Jeremiah's  behavior should keep him off TV, Andrew and Chapel in and out of jail, and Abe and Rebecca are clearly "over it". 

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Afterthought

OMG how long before Matt decides he has had enough of Sabrina's bs? She acts like she is the one signing over her rights on her own free will of her baby but that is far from the truth it seems like. Especially considering she knew they were taking her before she was even born. 

I swear the whole we are going as family bs. Then Sabrina and the whole family crap. Matt saying to not give up on them. OMG I want to throw something at the tv over this crap and just smack them both to get it in ALL their heads they are not family. They never will be. Matt is annoying as hell. 

Rebecca telling Mary how if they went on a honeymoon it wouldn't be with a group..LOL She gets it but the rest don't and just act like Rebecca is evil for not wanting to go along on this shit. UGH!

Carmela is stupid if she thinks Mary is strong because she is still going to Vegas. The woman is like a little child. People questions Rebecca and Abe on their kids but why has no one questioned Caremlo (as Mary keeps saying UGH) on where her kids always are? She just happens to run off to Vegas like nothing. Did anyone catch Mary with her "son of a bitch" getting into the limo? Which of course the show is paying for all that shit. Its just a given that its scripted about how Mary is "taking" them on a honeymoon. UGH She needs to quit with the bs how she is doing a lot of things since her father died that the church doesn't approve. What was her excuse before her father died? I really can't stand her at this point. 

Shut up about your stupid cult already. She probably would be going to hell according to her cult for having all those kids with different dads too. A vow renewal has got to be scripted. The last place I'd want to have my husband suggest that happening would be Vegas. Its not like its a romantic thing. How does Mary conclude there must be something wrong because you renew vows at 1 yr? *rollseyes* The fact is there was something wrong to begin with between those 2 before they even got married. Stop talking about the "whole" family. The whole family is not Sabrina, Jeremiah and Carmela. If she wants her whole family together then go home already and be with your kids and husband!! 

Mary and her not believing in strippers but then she has to get in on that doesn't she....eeewww the butt grabbing and stuff. Just frickin nasty. Then later Abe saying he feels bad for Mary and how he is why she is shunned for going to NY...Rebecca is right that its bs. IMO Even if this show hadn't happened that woman would still behave as she does because its who she is. Its just now she is getting a free ride to do it with this show and the attention she wants from it. Boy is Mary disrespectful to Rebecca. Not everyone likes to gamble or have to there to have fun. Rebecca is right that there is more to do there. Of course Mary likes to talk about her "culture". She is talking about herself and she loves that. How stupid though her comments on it before that though. If they are rude...she is the queen of rude IMO. 

Jeremiah with his crap at Abe. He has to always start up drama. I'm glad Abe told Jeremiah shit back in that though. The fact is Jeremiah didn't change at all like Abe was saying though either. I am guessing they may not have been aware of all his cheating on Carmela otherwise Abe would have said thrown that in his face. Abe had a lot of self restraint in that moment. I'm glad Abe told him off again. Jeremiah doesn't call things as they see him either like he thinks..he is being nothing but an asshole and bully when he says crap. 

If Matt was truly Sabrina's friend he would be telling her to not go to Vegas because of her damn issues. Stupid people! The last place an addict should be going is Vegas and on top of it with her kids just taken. 

Funny how its Jeremiah that has trust issues when he is the one that breaks everyone's trust. Does Mary or the show not get that his adopted family had tried to help him in the past but he screwed them over? His ex wife has talked about it and how they gave him a truck and everything.  Her talking about marriage when she doesn't act like she is even in one at this point and has no respect for her husband. 

Sabrina is on drugs. You can see it in so many ways with her. Which is even more reason she should NOT have been in Vegas and shows more irresponsibility for TLC/this show for having her on still. Jeremiah she is not just afraid of that but protecting herself and her family because Sabrina is already back on drugs. IDIOT!!! I wouldn't like her being there out of the blue either. I've been in those situations where I was ambushed with that crap I didn't want around me for the same reasons. I don't buy Sabrina's apology to Rebecca at all. She doesn't get it. She doesn't even take responsibility for all she has done and the fact they tried to help her out during her crap but she screwed that up on her own. I don't think Rebecca was at all acting like Jeremiah in this at all. I'm pissed that this show had Rebecca do that. Where is Rebecca's true apology from her? So she gets to feel whatever and its all ok. You could see on Rebecca's face she was so over this shit and having to deal with them in that moment. I know I would never apologize for how I feel towards an addict and for not wanting them in my life and my families. Especially after being treated like garage by them. I have been there with that crap. I don't wish it on anyone in having to deal with someone that is an addict. 

UGH and let's just pity Sabrina. Sorry but if she actually told the whole story and reasons for why Abe and Rebecca want nothing to do with her people would tell Sabrina they are right for it and she needs to suck it up already and move on as well. She needs to stop calling them her friends. Sometimes friends drift apart for different reasons and in this case its her lies and addiction. What so called Pastor would "convince" her to go to Vegas? Give me a damn break. Such a joke that whole thing. Sabrina with her we are so much happier together as a family. *gag*

WTF??? Nose hair ripped out like that....then the Brazilian suggestion. Disgusting but figures because it was Sabrina. That whole conversation was just nasty. Then the whole pee talk. SMH

This show has left me with just more a disgust for Jeremiah, Mary, Carmela and Sabrina then I had ever before....which I didn't think was possible. I have more respect for Kate for leaving and for Abe and Rebecca with hope they are done with this crap.  All 3 have taken to much shit over the years between this show and those watching thinking Jeremiah and Sabrina are so wonderful.  

At the end why say that about Sabrina and her parental rights. Its over. Said and done! Mary with the damn family talk again....yet there it is Chester is not facing being banished. I wouldn't be surprised if he was already though and because of her. Love how the show doesn't tell you the incident that caused them to split but instead how they are working it out. SMH I honestly hope this is it for this show. 

Sorry for the all over the place comments. Was watching and commenting at the same time this morning. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

Mary with the damn family talk again....yet there it is Chester is not facing being banished. I wouldn't be surprised if he was already though and because of her. Love how the show doesn't tell you the incident that caused them to split but instead how they are working it out. SMH I honestly hope this is it for this show.

What incident?

5 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

OMG how long before Matt decides he has had enough of Sabrina's bs? She acts like she is the one signing over her rights on her own free will of her baby but that is far from the truth it seems like. Especially considering she knew they were taking her before she was even born. 

I swear the whole we are going as family bs. Then Sabrina and the whole family crap. Matt saying to not give up on them. OMG I want to throw something at the tv over this crap and just smack them both to get it in ALL their heads they are not family. They never will be. Matt is annoying as hell. 

Rebecca telling Mary how if they went on a honeymoon it wouldn't be with a group..LOL She gets it but the rest don't and just act like Rebecca is evil for not wanting to go along on this shit. UGH!

Carmela is stupid if she thinks Mary is strong because she is still going to Vegas. The woman is like a little child. People questions Rebecca and Abe on their kids but why has no one questioned Caremlo (as Mary keeps saying UGH) on where her kids always are? She just happens to run off to Vegas like nothing. Did anyone catch Mary with her "son of a bitch" getting into the limo? Which of course the show is paying for all that shit. Its just a given that its scripted about how Mary is "taking" them on a honeymoon. UGH She needs to quit with the bs how she is doing a lot of things since her father died that the church doesn't approve. What was her excuse before her father died? I really can't stand her at this point. 

Shut up about your stupid cult already. She probably would be going to hell according to her cult for having all those kids with different dads too. A vow renewal has got to be scripted. The last place I'd want to have my husband suggest that happening would be Vegas. Its not like its a romantic thing. How does Mary conclude there must be something wrong because you renew vows at 1 yr? *rollseyes* The fact is there was something wrong to begin with between those 2 before they even got married. Stop talking about the "whole" family. The whole family is not Sabrina, Jeremiah and Carmela. If she wants her whole family together then go home already and be with your kids and husband!! 

Mary and her not believing in strippers but then she has to get in on that doesn't she....eeewww the butt grabbing and stuff. Just frickin nasty. Then later Abe saying he feels bad for Mary and how he is why she is shunned for going to NY...Rebecca is right that its bs. IMO Even if this show hadn't happened that woman would still behave as she does because its who she is. Its just now she is getting a free ride to do it with this show and the attention she wants from it. Boy is Mary disrespectful to Rebecca. Not everyone likes to gamble or have to there to have fun. Rebecca is right that there is more to do there. Of course Mary likes to talk about her "culture". She is talking about herself and she loves that. How stupid though her comments on it before that though. If they are rude...she is the queen of rude IMO. 

Jeremiah with his crap at Abe. He has to always start up drama. I'm glad Abe told Jeremiah shit back in that though. The fact is Jeremiah didn't change at all like Abe was saying though either. I am guessing they may not have been aware of all his cheating on Carmela otherwise Abe would have said thrown that in his face. Abe had a lot of self restraint in that moment. I'm glad Abe told him off again. Jeremiah doesn't call things as they see him either like he thinks..he is being nothing but an asshole and bully when he says crap. 

If Matt was truly Sabrina's friend he would be telling her to not go to Vegas because of her damn issues. Stupid people! The last place an addict should be going is Vegas and on top of it with her kids just taken. 

Funny how its Jeremiah that has trust issues when he is the one that breaks everyone's trust. Does Mary or the show not get that his adopted family had tried to help him in the past but he screwed them over? His ex wife has talked about it and how they gave him a truck and everything.  Her talking about marriage when she doesn't act like she is even in one at this point and has no respect for her husband. 

Sabrina is on drugs. You can see it in so many ways with her. Which is even more reason she should NOT have been in Vegas and shows more irresponsibility for TLC/this show for having her on still. Jeremiah she is not just afraid of that but protecting herself and her family because Sabrina is already back on drugs. IDIOT!!! I wouldn't like her being there out of the blue either. I've been in those situations where I was ambushed with that crap I didn't want around me for the same reasons. I don't buy Sabrina's apology to Rebecca at all. She doesn't get it. She doesn't even take responsibility for all she has done and the fact they tried to help her out during her crap but she screwed that up on her own. I don't think Rebecca was at all acting like Jeremiah in this at all. I'm pissed that this show had Rebecca do that. Where is Rebecca's true apology from her? So she gets to feel whatever and its all ok. You could see on Rebecca's face she was so over this shit and having to deal with them in that moment. I know I would never apologize for how I feel towards an addict and for not wanting them in my life and my families. Especially after being treated like garage by them. I have been there with that crap. I don't wish it on anyone in having to deal with someone that is an addict. 

UGH and let's just pity Sabrina. Sorry but if she actually told the whole story and reasons for why Abe and Rebecca want nothing to do with her people would tell Sabrina they are right for it and she needs to suck it up already and move on as well. She needs to stop calling them her friends. Sometimes friends drift apart for different reasons and in this case its her lies and addiction. What so called Pastor would "convince" her to go to Vegas? Give me a damn break. Such a joke that whole thing. Sabrina with her we are so much happier together as a family. *gag*

WTF??? Nose hair ripped out like that....then the Brazilian suggestion. Disgusting but figures because it was Sabrina. That whole conversation was just nasty. Then the whole pee talk. SMH

This show has left me with just more a disgust for Jeremiah, Mary, Carmela and Sabrina then I had ever before....which I didn't think was possible. I have more respect for Kate for leaving and for Abe and Rebecca with hope they are done with this crap.  All 3 have taken to much shit over the years between this show and those watching thinking Jeremiah and Sabrina are so wonderful.  

At the end why say that about Sabrina and her parental rights. Its over. Said and done! Mary with the damn family talk again....yet there it is Chester is not facing being banished. I wouldn't be surprised if he was already though and because of her. Love how the show doesn't tell you the incident that caused them to split but instead how they are working it out. SMH I honestly hope this is it for this show. 

Sorry for the all over the place comments. Was watching and commenting at the same time this morning. 

NO pity for Sabrina and she just keeps on with the excuses. I'm glad Rebecca and Sabrina came to an understanding, but it would be good for Sabrina to leave it at that. I really have little hope for Sabrina and don't really have any empathy for her. 

Rebecca can appear difficult and aloof, but she and Abe seem to have it together. I hope they turn their backs on this circus like Kate did.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

What incident?

The incident that happened recently about domestic violence that Jeremiah got arrested for and Carmela left for. Yet now she is back with him from what I saw. They basically just say an incident happened and she left but they were working things out. 

26 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

NO pity for Sabrina and she just keeps on with the excuses. I'm glad Rebecca and Sabrina came to an understanding, but it would be good for Sabrina to leave it at that. I really have little hope for Sabrina and don't really have any empathy for her. 

Rebecca can appear difficult and aloof, but she and Abe seem to have it together. I hope they turn their backs on this circus like Kate did.

AGREE 100% I feel nothing for Sabrina but disgust really. I hope Abe and Rebecca do because it showed how done they were with this crapfest. Plus all the "excuses" for Rebecca not being there right away said to me she was over it all. She did what she needed for the contract and I hope its done. 

• Love 1

What a bunch of lunkheads... I wish I was a rich, ex-Amish, brain dead, unemployed, free spirit so I could go to Florida or Vegas at the drop of a hat.

If this is the last show, these folks are going to have reality hit them square in the face, and they will be totally clueless how to deal with the real world... Thanks TLC for boring us to tears with a mindless, trivial show that has absolutely no uplifting message anywhere in the plot whatsoever... These folks need to be sent back to their trailer homes and forgotten. 

Return to Amish ??? Should be 'Return my Sanity Please !!!'

12 hours ago, Evil Queen said:
18 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

What incident?

The incident that happened recently about domestic violence that Jeremiah got arrested for and Carmela left for. Yet now she is back with him from what I saw. They basically just say an incident happened and she left but they were working things out. 

The way it was worded, it sounded like there was an incident between Mary and Chester, not the rest of the buffoons.

6 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

The way it was worded, it sounded like there was an incident between Mary and Chester, not the rest of the buffoons.

LOL Sorry about that. Obviously they have their own incident with him being banished it looks like but hell I think that probably happened long ago thanks to her anyway. 

After re-reading the last few comments, I found myself laughing at how often "I hope this is the last of this show" came up. I know the feeling. I want it to end, because if it DOES come back for another season, I will watch. Like rubbernecking at the scene of an accident, I will be back. I am too stubborn to quit the show, so I am waiting for it to quit me. Leaving "Leaving Amish" is too difficult. Thank goodness for boards where I can vent some steam in between agonizing episodes of the crappola I can't seem to stop watching.

• Love 2

Rumor is that it is suppose to be this was coming from the drug addict, Sabrina on her SM so who knows. I hope not because she has to many issues and is far from being in a place to deal with life as it is. She had said the show offered to pay for her last stay in rehab but she left being worried her cats would die and she is in a relationship with some guy with the same issues last I read. Toss in the woman abuser and his relationship drama....no thanks. 2 people that do NOT belong on tv at all are those 2. Its like rewarding them for bad behavior if it does come back. Yet I guess that is expect at this point since it is on TLC. SMH