Type keyword(s) to search

BiP 4: Speculation & Spoilers

• Start Topic

You know, I think Amanda and Robby are a perfect couple in a way. Two shallow, not very bright, blandly pretty famewhores. And Robby doesn't seem to be a controlling d-bag like Josh, so he's already a huge improvement. I imagine their only source of conflict would be Robby stealing Amanda's hair products.

• Love 12

^^ Absolute agreement.  Pretty people looking pretty among other pretty people.  I loved Robby, and have nothing against Amanda.  Neither one ever tried to portray emotional depth, intensity or passion for anything other than the superficial.  They seem to know themselves pretty well, so I wish them all the best!  

• Love 2

According to this BuddyTV article, Daniel and Vinny say that Amanda and Robby are just for show/famewhoring purposes.  

"In that situation, anybody would do anything for some Instagram followers," Ventiera told People.

"I find as I'm doing these shows, people will act differently, do crazy things, stay together -- a lot of it is for fame," added Maguire, who teased he might make an appearance in Paradise this season. "That's how it is these days."

2 hours ago, JoBeth70 said:

Since this is a board for speculation, I'll throw out my theory that Wells, in his role as the Paradise bartender, is being auditioned for The Bachelor... just a theory.

Oh I would love this! I've always liked Wells and I would love if TPTB would go with someone totally unexpected. Like Nick last year. 

• Love 2

They've proven that they are open to jumping seasons to cast their lead, so I actually think Wells might be interesting.  According to Reality Steve, he didn't go on any dates, so he's still fairly "fresh" in the romance area.  I think a lot depends on how he comes off on this show as a drink-pusher.  Maybe he gets a bit more screen time without us getting tired of him, or he may come off annoying.  It could go either way. 

If he still has his DJ job, he may have a chance.  They seem like their leads to have a legit job people can relate to.  

Wells is still working as a DJ and is kind of a spokesperson for the Nashville Humane Association.  He clearly loves dogs. Always possible that it's a long game act but from his public persona here in Nashville (media related, not Bach related) he seems like a lovely person.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LessThanZero said:

Wells is still working as a DJ and is kind of a spokesperson for the Nashville Humane Association.  He clearly loves dogs. Always possible that it's a long game act but from his public persona here in Nashville (media related, not Bach related) he seems like a lovely person.  

In that case, I hope he is not the next bachelor and that after this he gets out of bachelor nation and lives a real life. Go be a real person Wells. Get out while you still have a soul.

Well that was interesting to see that both Alex and Vinny, were getting roses before production stopped but when the restart happened, both were out of luck.   There's always winter bachelor games, which sounds like we'll be seeing famehos from international bachelor shows.  

And looking forward to Danielle L's arrival next week to see Dean try to juggle multiple romances and how will it be edited!?!?

12 hours ago, KikiBda said:

I'm gong to need to know what happened...and did the show stop production fully or is it still going on.

The show only tapes for 2 weeks.  It is long finished filming.  There's only the live reunion show left to film.

52 minutes ago, Rainsong said:

I don't read Glamour but a Google search turned this up:

https://www.glamour.com/story/dean-unglert-found-love-bachelor-in-paradise

Despite the title it seems to indicate that he and Kristina don't last.  It also indicates that the interruption in filming all but ruined the mood for everyone.

I can see that, I'm finding that I'm trying to psych myself up for this trashfest and it's taking some work.......

• Love 2

Now it's perfectly obvious why Amanda & Robby ended up with each other.  Each is as self-obsessed with their looks as the other, so they probably figure they found their soul mates.  Amanda is looking pretty rough though, but still attractive enough for Robby.  And Robby is pretty enough for her, so it's a good match. 

Since I refused to watch Nick's season, this is my first intro to his girls, excepting Corrine's media splash.   Jasmine looks like the actress Gabrielle Union, Raven is very plain & basic to me, and blonde Danielle should just shave that rat's nest off her head & start over. 

And I refuse to voluntarily ever watch Carly & Evan for even a second.  I've already got an episode of "American Monster" from ID queued up so I can have something feel-good to watch while they "join".....*shudder*

• Love 1
On 8/15/2017 at 7:06 PM, leighdear said:

Amanda is looking pretty rough though

There are so many people (alumni and fans) who consider her a great beauty--"astonishingly beautiful," said Ben Higgins--and I don't get it. That was a lie; I do get it: they're dumb. She's a little above average looking, but wears extensions and a fuckton of makeup and people are fooled. I remember last season, when Leah Block arrived, the other contestants (and Leah herself) acted as if no man there would choose her over Amanda, and I wanted to throw things at my TV. Leah was easily hotter. I didn't watch this season's premiere, so I missed any fawning over Amanda by the guys there.

• Love 5

I don't get what is so hot about Amanda either. She's so common. It's all dyed hair, extensions, makeup and false lashes. She's cheap and plastic looking to me. There are a lot of women on this franchise that are better looking than her. Is it the "Malibu Barbie" fantasy? The fact she's a push over so guys could do pretty much whatever they want with her then toss her aside? I just don't get the appeal at all.

I feel that way about Raven too. Don't get the appeal of her either. She looks cheap and used and I think someone said greasy, which is a perfect word for her.

I recently read a study, though, about what men find attractive. It said that a beautiful woman can have any hairstyle and men will be interested in her but a less attractive woman has to have long hair for men to be attracted, and they will be attracted to a less pretty girl because she has long hair. That explains SO MUCH about this show. About why these women keep their ratty extensions even though the tropical humidity is reeking havoc on them, and never put their hair up despite the buckets of sweat they are all dripping. Men see hair and don't look at their plain faces. Not that they could see said faces under all their makeup.

There really aren't a lot of natural beauties on this show. (and that is the end of my shallow rant. Thank you for humoring me)

Edited by Mabinogia
because no parenthetical phrase should go unclosed
  • Love 9

Per RS about the BIP couples.....

Adam & Raven – still together. Were in San Francisco together this past weekend.
Derek & Taylor – attached at the hip.
Daniel & Lacey – bhahahahahahahahahahhaha. Please. Daniel is looking out for Daniel. Zero interest in a relationship with Lacey.
Amanda & Robby – still see each other as evidenced by their social media. No idea what that means in this world, she claims he’s never met the kids, but Amanda saw the evidence from what happened at the Zac Brown Band concert in CO a couple weeks ago and still continues to hang out with the guy. Make of that what you will.
Other couples – none that I know of.

• Love 1
On 11/08/2017 at 10:02 PM, yorklee2 said:

Since this is a board for speculation, I'll throw out my theory that Wells, in his role as the Paradise bartender, is being auditioned for The Bachelor... just a theory.

I vote for Di'Mario-sort of a" sorry we ruined your life and you are black so how about being the next Bachelor?"

Well is too nice and boring. How about Ben and his dog??

On 18/08/2017 at 4:44 AM, Bugs Meany said:

Amanda is looking pretty rough though

Rode hard and put away wet

It's looking like the 2 week break really changed the dynamic since many of them seemed to hang around together, so they know who's coming and have already, in some cases, hooked up with them.