Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E11: Gayest Ball Ever

• Start Topic

In a season full of really weak and disappointing lip syncs, she's shown twice now that she is something special, and I have a sinking suspicion she could take us to church even better than Latrice.

THAT is blasphemy!!!!  Better than Latrice--OH hell no!  I will, however, let Peppermint be an altar boy/girl in the Church of Royale.

"You like me. You really like me!" Ouch for Alexis on that. Girl, don't check social media for the next few days.

Rustyspigot, you are not ancient like me.  That was a cultural reference to Sally Field's Oscar speech for the best actress win in Norma Rae in the70s/80s.  Its exactly what she said.

It's about time Alexis was finally eliminated. As the other girls have pointed out, her looks tend to be very basic

She was wearing what looked to be character shoes with the native costume.  Consequently, it looked like she was LFYLing in Naturalizers.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Rustyspigot, you are not ancient like me.  That was a cultural reference to Sally Field's Oscar speech for the best actress win in Norma Rae in the70s/80s.  Its exactly what she said.

I don't know, Rusty is pretty old.

On 6/3/2017 at 8:00 AM, Egg said:

Also, what do you think Sasha said at the end of her rainbow runway? Did she sing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow?" She was obviously doing something that referenced Dorothy that the show didn't want to buy the rights for.

On further inspection, she was saying "there's no place like home." So I'm not sure why they didn't play the sound. 

On 6/4/2017 at 11:53 AM, luckyroll3 said:

When I saw her walk out, I though immediately that her top should have been a brown or gold color, ar at least a material like suede.  It would have been really cool, if she wasn't so basic all the time, ahem, is if she constructed the corset out of arrows or hot glued a design out of arrowheads, instead of bedazzling it to holy hell.

When Ru came over to Alexis' worktable, Alexis wore the dream catcher as a joke. But that's really the level that Alexis should have been pushing for. This character was always going to have problems, but Alexis could have created something gorgeous. A suede fringed gown or a suede fringed minidress.

Alexis is a very good performer, but she can't write and visually isn't really creative. The challenges she's done the best in were ones where she was recreating another person's look and mannerisms. Left to her own devices, she's pretty bankrupt. I've never seen a drag queen more in need of a creative director like Mathu Anderson.

• Love 1

After watching a few of Alexis Michelle's old YouTube videos, I think she just does pretty standard, fishy drag. Which is fine, but agree is not very creative and doesn't lend itself well to the kinds of challenges on Drag Race. From what I've seen, she's a good entertainer, and if she was one of my local queens, I'd totally go see her even though I like funny, weird drag more. 

I will say that I like the no-boobs look she had in this video. 

On 6/4/2017 at 11:53 AM, annewithaneee said:

I guess I don't know when they stopped sponsoring. I was talking with a friend about the format change of Untucked, and they said it was due to the "she-male" mini challenge controversy in Season 6 and all the sponsors dropping out. After Season 6 is definitely when Untucked changed, but maybe Absolut was already gone by then. Clearly not basing this off of a lot of actual fact - I don't know why Untucked actually changed - but after the whole change to the "you've got shemail!" intros and dropping any Ru songs being featured in the show that feature the t-word and whatnot, that's when I noticed Ru and Michelle getting very patronizing about people they see as too easily offended.

I've never heard anything about sponsors leaving the show after the "shemail" incident. I think that would have added a whole lot of fuel to the flames of the controversy. Sponsors may have been unhappy, but none of them dumped the show midseason.

On 6/4/2017 at 11:53 AM, annewithaneee said:

and they said it was due to the "she-male" mini challenge controversy in Season 6 and all the sponsors dropping out.

Is that also why they don't do "You've got SheMail!" anymore?  I had been wondering about that. 

12 minutes ago, ladle said:

Is that also why they don't do "You've got SheMail!" anymore?  I had been wondering about that. 

After there was some controversy, Logo announced that there would be no more references on the show to "shemail." Ru has expressed dissatisfaction with that decision.

18 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

After there was some controversy, Logo announced that there would be no more references on the show to "shemail." Ru has expressed dissatisfaction with that decision.

It was in season 6 in the "Shade: The Rusical" episode. They had a mini-challenge of "Female or She-Male?" where the queens had to look at a blown-up photo of a facial feature (or body part) and say whether it belonged to a drag queen or a biological woman. It caused quite the stir and folks were like "oh and by the way we hate the She-Mail" so it was all thrown out. The mini-challenge was removed from the episode, too, so I don't know if it can be viewed anywhere. Maybe YouTube.