Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Behind The Eyes

20 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Eh? Over what kid? Did you mean to say that Mikey still wanted to believe Fuckface over Michael??

I'm sure I'll feel like an idiot, but I'm confused ?‍♀️ 

My bad, I meant to say "over a man", IOW Michael.  Seriously Mikey, your "dad" Jacob lied to you about your beloved mommy.  This guy who has the most intense, kind eyes ever hugs you tight and tells the weird lady pretending to be mommy to shoot him and leave you alone, and you believe the new guy is the bad guy?

• Love 4
11 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

If the writer/s wanted to have T-Bag back in jail with Jacob as his roommate, there had to be a better way to do it.  Having T-Bag's son die the way he did seemed like a complete waste to me.  The rest of the episode was fine, I am just not happy with T-Bag just meeting his kid and seeing him die in such a short time later.  Especially, when I didn't see any logic in the kid's (Whip's) death in the first place.  That whole scene in which Whip was killed seemed like a complete writing mess.

It  would have made better narrative sense for T-Bag to be the one who dies saving his son rather than Whip dying out of Michael loyalty. Not that I'd rather have Whip than T-Bag around, but that would have been a lot more emotionally resonant for me. 

• Love 3

After watching the episode, I have to say I found the T-Bag/Whip father-son bonding scene really entertaining. That surprised the hell out of me since I've found Whip a whiny, needy waste of air, and I want nothing good for T-Bag. But the dark humor was strong in that scene. Now, son, listen up. Thou shalt not kill people. Unless they deserve it. And I am no killer. Unless in those instances that I am. ??? I was rolling.

Hold up, not only did Michael have Jacob's face tattooed, he also has encryption inside that tattoo? Boy, did his tattoo artist have a crap load of work.

Was that guy Michael sent T-Bag and Whip get the Elvis impersonator from a few episodes ago?

I'm not against Linc having a separate storyline and enemy, but was that really the time to deal with Abruzzi Jr? It feels like it could have waited.

I wish there was more urgency in rescuing Mike.

So, Sara is a practicing physician. Thanks for that answer, show. BTW, I loved how seamlessly she slipped back into being married to Michael. My husband is smarter than you, our son, my brother in law... It was cool.

• Love 6

@bijoux, yes, that dude who was creating the JKF assassination diorama? was the same Elvis impersonator from a few episodes ago. Didn't quite cuz I'm on my phone and it's a BITCH trying to quote! Also, I would add that Whinester was a waste of SPACE. But that's just semantics! Waste of Space just sounds better!???And I agree, the dark humor also had me ?????One would think that T-Bag wasn't a perverted pedophile/psychotic/murdering/raping ass!?? At first I thought Whinester was faking, but then he didn't wake up.

Maybe Peter Stoarmare(sp??) can come back next season as Abruzzi's long lost identical twin cousin! By the way that their fathers were twins!??? Hey! It's PRISON BREAK!???

But I wouldn't want a PTSD Michael-after all the shit he's been through, I just want him AND LINCOLN to be HAPPY! Even if Wentworth wants a PTSD storyline for him. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, bijoux said:

After watching the episode, I have to say I found the T-Bag/Whip father-son bonding scene really entertaining. That surprised the hell out of me since I've found Whip a whiny, needy waste of air, and I want nothing good for T-Bag. But the dark humor was strong in that scene. Now, son, listen up. Thou shalt not kill people. Unless they deserve it. And I am no killer. Unless in those instances that I am. ??? I was rolling.

Yeah, that was good.  Just the concept was so classic and so T-Bag- "No time, I will sum up... Son, I am hereby going to impart twenty years' worth of wisdom in 20 minutes.  Ready... set... go!"

As far as another go-round with the series, clearly if Fox thinks the ratings are worth it, there will be another season some time.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, bijoux said:

So, Sara is a practicing physician. Thanks for that answer, show. BTW, I loved how seamlessly she slipped back into being married to Michael. My husband is smarter than you, our son, my brother in law... It was cool.

I have a feeling even if Jacob wasn't a d-bag villain, she still would have divorced him in a heartbeat, with just a little bit of guilt.

• Love 1
On 5/31/2017 at 11:10 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

"He's my BROTHER!!!!"

Me:❤️??❤️??❤️

Okay, quoting myself because I just realized this gif is from the first season, after the riot! ??BUT. The sentiment is still the same, so I ain't gonna go back and edit!???

??????

I guess I'm in the minority here, but that was nine hours of my life that I'll never get back!  I LOVED LOVED LOVED Prison Break S1 and S2!  I wished it would have ended with S2.  Sara shoots Bill Kim and then she, Michael and Linc go to Panama and live happily ever after. 

I know all the seasons were so far fetched, and I accepted it.  This season was so beyond that, I couldn't hand wave the extreme ludicrousness of it all. Michael's hand tats are able to bypass a high security retinal scan?  T-bag and Whip make it from Chicago to upstate NY in less than 10 minutes according to the timeline.  Linc is on death's door, but pulls an AMA and leaves the hospital to go punch Abruzzi Jr who is living at the hangar at JFK. How did Linc get down there when MS had the car and how did he get back and know exactly where they were?  MS has this elaborate set up to take down Jacob and lays all the ground work to catch him between the blood can in Lake Michigan to the set design at the warehouse in Ithaca to the Kaniel Outis suit in the cemetery, etc while he's in prison in another country.

I didn't like that T-bag was not nearly as creepy as he was in S1 and S2.  His instant fatherly love for Whip didn't fly with me.  When he broke that chick's neck though, that was awesome! That's the T-bag I know! 

Mike Jr didn't seem too broken up when he was told that his mom died.  When he asked Jacob why people were trying to kill him, why wouldn't Jacob just say "I don't know"?  The kids is what, 8?  Instead, he tells him how he's a secret agent and how someone is impersonating his bio dad and is wanted by the FBI, etc.  So stupid! 

I didn't like the ending either at the park.  Why weren't they all sitting together?  You could tell DP was still recovering from his on set accident - his face was looking rough!  I did notice that Sara was sporting an origami tattoo on her shoulder - that was a nice touch.  

Michael's favor was to have Jacob get sent to Fox River and have T-bag as his cellmate. I was hoping they were going to show Avocado walking by, but no such luck.  

On a vain note, WM looked really really fine this episode!!  He's always been very good looking, but that white t-shirt made him look hotter than usual!   

• Love 1

It was fun PB was brought back after all these years, and all the guys looked super. So fun to see them again. The door was left open for another series with the CIA guy telling Michael they could use a guy "with his skills." LOL! Taken! I don't know why T-Bag was given the bionic hand. I wish he had used it to throttle/choke/lift bad guys off their feet with it. Instead, there was sort of no reason for it. I do wish Whip had lived, and T-Bag didn't have to go back to prison AGAIN! I also wish Michael was sitting with Sara and Mike at the end, with Mike maybe showing he's smart like his dad instead of snotty like Jacob ("Leave my dad alone!"). But it was a fun ride, great to see all my old friends again. Hope to see them again ... with Kellerman out of intensive care, where he runs into Mahone at an addicted-to-pain-killers meeting. There, writers, I've given you a start on next season.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Kellerman out of intensive care, where he runs into Mahone at an addicted-to-pain-killers meeting. There, writers, I've given you a start on next season.

New title needed: Rehab Break

• Love 3

I don't know why T-Bag was given the bionic hand. I wish he had used it to throttle/choke/lift bad guys off their feet with it. Instead, there was sort of no reason for it.

Michael said he gave T-Bag the hand in order to show kindness to someone who's never known kindness, with the hope that he (T-Bag) would return the favor. But agreed, it was probably overkill.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Biggie B said:

Michael said he gave T-Bag the hand in order to show kindness to someone who's never known kindness, with the hope that he (T-Bag) would return the favor. But agreed, it was probably overkill.

I admit I zoned out a bit for this part and I thought the kindness Michael referred to was introducing T-Bag to his son.

• Love 1

And also was it ever explained how Michael got all the money to pay for the bionic hand?  For some reason I thought the hand cost $1 million, but maybe I'm just making that up in my head.  I think this is why the whole season I confused Michael and Linc having lots of money, but I think I was really thinking of Toretto's crew in Fast and the Furious.

• Love 1

Was Michael being paid by Poseidon? Was there an off-shore account? I can't remember if the boys ever found the DB Cooper buried money from the original season. But either would explain where Michael got all the cash I guess. Although ... PRISON BREAK! So I can't think too hard about it.

3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Was Michael being paid by Poseidon?

Probably. I assume he'd have to give him funds for travel, food, equipment, at least.

I can't remember if the boys ever found the DB Cooper buried money from the original season.

They did in Season 2; at the beginning of Season 3, it 'disappeared'.

24 minutes ago, Trini said:

They did in Season 2; at the beginning of Season 3, it 'disappeared'.

Well, if falling into the ocean right before Michael was captured and put in Sona, then yeah, it disappeared and JAWS probably ate it. Or a Tiger or Thresher Shark ate it!?????

• Love 1
On 6/2/2017 at 5:08 PM, juliet73 said:

...Linc is on death's door, but pulls an AMA and leaves the hospital to go punch Abruzzi Jr who is living at the hangar at JFK. How did Linc get down there when MS had the car and how did he get back and know exactly where they were? ...

I agree with the majority of your plot inconsistencies, but I think for this one you're missing something.  Abruzzi wasn't at JFK.  At some point, one of the captions on the screen said they were at a western New York airport near Ithaca.  Now, whether or not that's where they actually shot the scenes, I don't know, but that's what they wanted the audience to believe.

That would be so cool if Abruzzi was only partly dead (like Kellerman, cross fingers) so Peter Stormare could appear on the next season (cross fingers). I loved that Michael had Jacob's face tatted on his hands. That was so Prison Break, and why I love this show. WM rocks.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 31/05/2017 at 2:41 PM, janeta said:

I was actually thinking, when MS said, "and this is for the last seven years" that he should have punched Jacob four more times. :-)

Yeah I had the opposite problem to a lot of posters here, I thought Michael might have for once fought a bit more ferociously given Jacob framed him, sent him back to prison and manipulated his wife and kid.

I liked the finale generally (although I don't think doing something resembling a happy ending was a natural for the writers here) but the Whip/T-Bag stuff didn't quite work for me.  It seems a little cold for Michael to manipulate Whip in that way and how was Whip and T-Bag's relationship going to end any way other than badly? Also Michael's whole plan at the end seemed more chancey than clever, he could easily have got all three of them killed.

The kids is what, 8?  Instead, he tells him how he's a secret agent and how someone is impersonating his bio dad and is wanted by the FBI, etc.  So stupid! 

I was hoping they were going to have the kid be smart enough to question why Jacob was telling him, a six/seven/eight year old, that he was a secret agent ;-)

Edited by Beatriceblake
  • Love 1
On 6/4/2017 at 3:32 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, if falling into the ocean right before Michael was captured and put in Sona, then yeah, it disappeared and JAWS probably ate it. Or a Tiger or Thresher Shark ate it!

I did a series rewatch to prepare for this season, and that plot point - or kerplunk point - is one of the most ridiculous ever. A whole season spent chasing after that money, and they just let it fall in the water. By they, I mean the writers. Clearly, they were sick of writing about that $$! 

• Love 2
On 5/31/2017 at 0:59 AM, LittleIggy said:

I hope Jacob becomes T-Bag's bitch a la the original series.

me too - was hoping as he jumped down from bunk he'd pull out his pocket!

I mainlined the series on the plane and back. I think the finale was a little sloppy, and maybe 10 episodes might have made a neater (cleaner) narrative. However, the show is ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with that. Why can't there be more ridiculous shows? Even one off minis of 6, 8, or 10 episodes?

I thought the setup of being in Yemen was much better than the Panama prison though. I think knowing, as viewers, how Michael plans, allowed for some shortcuts (take the thread, spoon, rip the pipe down); Michael knows which pins in the door are weakest and plans accordingly.

I just couldn't buy that Hank from HankMed was the big villain though. I think it was smart on TPTBs point to make a "policy wonk" go rogue, and I loved all the game theory content, but it's Hank Lawson. I did like how he was so smug about being in Fox River because he knew he could break out. 

In the show universe, there's just no way that Michael would go back to prison breaking, after all of this, and finally having a family. *However*, getting back to the CIA, and maybe running a Breakout Kings type of deal with more high profile targets would be interesting if they continue the show. 

• Love 2
(edited)

My season six ideas:

Michael is the equivalent of Charlize Thereon in The Italian Job, testing seemingly inpregnable locations for weaknesses on behalf of various government agencies and pulling down major bankroll as a world-renown "security expert."

Lincoln is with Sheba, who's keeping him on the straight and narrow, and is staying out of trouble and even holding down steady work. There is no mention of LJ, except to firmly establish that there is no speaking of LJ around Linc for reasons as yet unknown.

Then one day, a phone call: "Dad? I'm in trouble-" and the line goes dead. Start of story.

Edited by Miss Dee
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Miss Dee said:

My season six ideas:

Then one day, a phone call: "Dad? I'm in trouble-" and the line goes dead. Start of story.

EXCEPT: at the end of season four, we know LJ is doing great in college and he takes after more of his Uncle Michael.  Sooo, if he does land in trouble, I think his first call would be to Michael. BUT, if he does call Linc-Linc will then call Michael.

I suppose a next season that there could be a Poseidon sleeper cell that is out for revenge, but I'd prefer a soft style reboot where the past has been put fully to rest. 

Michael obviously has a "unique skill set", but I'd like to see that expanded upon beyond just breaking out of prisons like they showed in this episode. 

• Love 1

Sorry for the late commentary, but I used the DVR and finally finished Season 6.  I would still love to hear another person's take on the ending.

Okay, I could piece together a lot of the missing pieces, but one thought still remains on my mind.  Was Michael's masterful plan at the finale to have Whip killed?  I know that the initial thought is a resounding NO, because of Michael's inability to even murder and his closeness to Whip...however, if the answer is no, then many more questions arise.  Michael said that he was not surprised when blonde agent showed up.  How was Michael anticipating his original plan to go?  How was he expecting to disarm this agent and have Jacob run after him?  If T-Bag was supposed to disarm her, how would Jacob feel comfortable chasing Michael when its 3 against one?  If it was Michael's plan to have T-Bag kill Jacob right then and there, how would he have staged the video to free him of the murder of the CIA director?

My thoughts, at the moment, is Michael's plan (being completely calculated and knowing his opponent), knew that the blonde agent would arrive and knew how Whip would respond to her.  Knowing this, he knew that the outcome would be Whip being shot, T-Bag left to be grieving and guarded by the agent, and inevitably causing Jacob to chase after Michael with a gun loaded with blanks.  Either that, or Michael's plan had a lot of holes in it for a genius that had been planning this series of events for the last 4 years.  If this is the case, Michael's personality seems to conflict with many prior series...which in itself is pretty disappointing.

The only saving grace I could see is if they did conduct another series, brought Whip back to life (by adding in a twist to Michael's plan) and filling in the holes in the plot (i.e. why it appears T-Bag didn't know).

Your thoughts?