Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: Behind The Eyes

Dangerous threats keep Michael and Lincoln fighting to protect Sara and Mike in the Season 5 finale. Meanwhile, Poseidon continues to try and outsmart Michael and the rest of the gang, which leads them to the ultimate showdown—and not everyone makes it out alive.

Find more about Prison Break

Dayum but Linc is tough!

Yeah, Emily needed to go.

Very cool trick with the tattoo of Jacob's face on the back of Michael's hands.

Oh dear.. Saw that coming. (T-bag as roomie.)

• Love 2

After all that, they just killed off Whip anyway? Well, I'm glad I didn't get attached to him. And T-Bag still lives... uuugggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

AGAIN with using Season 1 clips -from over a decade ago- for 'present day' scenes. Y'all went all the way to another continent film, but don't wanna at least try to make the old stuff look different? Oh, Prison Break.

Glad that Michael and family got their happy ending... for now.

I can see them reviving this again somehow.

• Love 3
(edited)

Fun episode!

Glad this season did right by Michael and he got the happy ending! Loved his "I love you" to Linc. So pure and sweet.

The actual fight between him and Jacob was awesome, even if using doubles. I appreciated it.

And the whole setup of re-framing Jacob for the murder, both genius and ridiculous. The truck alone made me cheer and laugh at the same time, Only PB!

Goodness Michael looks so good when he's scheming and winning. Though Whip bit it (sad!) but somehow I think he knew that could happen.

There were moments that I thought dragged a bit but the end made up for it. I loved seeing them all together, and of course they could have had some other characters to come back and be with them but it was never about them, as Michael fought to save Sara, his son and Linc.

And sorry but Wentworth looked amazing in this episode. He really has worked hard to come back from some tough stuff and it shows. (shallow yes, but don't care because Went has always been on my "hot" list)

What goes around comes around for T-Bag but this has to be his like third stint at Fox River.

Fun ride for being so far removed from the last episode, and appreciate all the actors wanting to do it again. Kudos to them.

Edited by emjohnson03
  • Love 15

That episode did everything I needed it to.

Sara saved herself at the beginning.

Michael's "Come back to me sweetheart" (awwwww).

Linc kicked some ass in his limited screentime.

T-Bag and Michael scenes! Don't know if we got a "pretty" mention, but it was funny how Michael said Poseidon wasn't monitoring people he despised.

Michael saying "Love you" to Linc at the end is my new favorite thing.

Jacob and T-Bag at Fox River. I will handwave the timeline stuff because of the perfect comeuppance (doubt Jacob would immediately be placed in Fox River...his bruises were still fresh).

Was kind of iffy on Whip's death. It was too quick and put in just so T-Bag could be pissed. Mikey's reaction to his mother's "death" was also oddly muted but we definitely didn't have time to waste on it.

Seriously happy with how things wrapped up. The middle episodes were uneven, but this makes up for it :-)

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, emjohnson03 said:

The actual fight between him and Jacob was awesome, even if using doubles. I appreciated it.

I would have enjoyed it more, but Michael's not known for being a fighter, so it kinda took me out of the scene.

11 minutes ago, AmeliaBedelia said:

Jacob and T-Bag at Fox River. I will handwave the timeline stuff because of the perfect comeuppance (doubt Jacob would immediately be placed in Fox River...his bruises were still fresh).

Didn't the final showdown happen in New York? Why would Poseidon be in a Illinois prison??

(edited)

I was a devotee of the first go-round and watched this go-round, and I found the middle eps a bit slow, but this finale was great. The show has always been one of those shows where if you think about it for more than ten seconds it immediately stops making sense, so the holes don't bother me.

When Michael was like "[Mike] called [Jacob] Dad," I was like, "well, he DID raise the boy for however many years because family lore was that you were dead. He doesn't know Jacob is evil."

"Come back to me, sweetheart." Aw. I had a big crush on Wentworth Miller the first time around (handsome, educated, a bit shy -my type) and that line triggered it a bit again. I know he's gay so I have no shot (... as if I did before) but he's still cute!

T-bag or not, I doubt that kind of smug, smartest guy in the room attitude will serve you well in prison as a newbie, so an ass-kicking would be in Jacob's future. 

5 minutes ago, Trini said:

I would have enjoyed it more, but Michael's not known for being a fighter, so it kinda took me out of the scene.

I had that thought too. I remember when the show first came out, Wentworth Miller said he didn't want to bulk up and get into He-Man shape because he wanted to emphasize that Michael is brain over brawn. The part that took me out the most was at the end of the fight, when he was just punching Jacob in the face (not that he didn't deserve it). The part where he was swinging whatever he could grab worked for me, but I feel like Michael wouldn't throw a good punch. Jacob didn't look like a fighter either though.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 4

Just had to stop by to echo what I found many of you already commented on, Michael's delivery of the simple 'love you' to his brother felt so true and honest. I replayed the scene a couple times. A nice little bow to tie up the gift of that ending. This was a great short run series. I enjoyed all the twists. But mostly, I was in it for the brothers (and the actors who portrayed them.

• Love 3

YASSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!! ????????????That's what you call a finale! And since they touted it as a "season" finale, and not a series finale, maybe they might come back!

So Kellerman actually bit it. Or...did he??

Tweedle Dumbasser was killed too cleanly for me. Her ass should have been gut-shot so she could die a slow painful death.??? Guess Tweedle Dumbass was this season's Danny.

YASSSSS!!!! Sara being a badass!!!

I was just ??????every time Michael was onscreen and we got the three-quarter profile, with his??? shiny, ???shiny, ???glinting, ???blue blue blue ???eyes ???and half smile and I knew he had a plan!???

Take THAT! FUCKFACE! HAH!!! I ?????when that owl turned and its eyes turned green and we saw Michael use his retina and face to get in!! 

???Linc!!!!???Though I was confused about him insisting that Abruzzi Spawn say that Linc was clear.

If I have one complaint, it's that Mike and Michael didn't hug and Mikey didn't call Michael "Daddy!!" Or see them all sitting together! ORRRR...No WORD on LJ!!

Seriously, Scheuring, you couldn't throw me us that little bone? Like, I didn't give any figgety bluedilly Fucks about Heather or that Michael's TUMAH!! Wasn't explained.??

IF there is another season, I hope whoever writes it, will let me us know what LJ is up to!

And HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! that Fuckface is at T-Bag's "mercy."

• Love 5

I didn't mind Michael wiping the floor with Fuckface because there was a buildup of seven years of rage, plus Michael, I'm sure, learned how to fight during his stints. And this was the ratbastardprickishdouchecanoe, who stole his life, wife and child.

If this were season one? Then yeah, I'd be??, but it's not.

Hey, when it comes to the actions of Michael and Lincoln, I'm real EASY!??

• Love 7

A satisfying finish.  I wish Whip hadn't died thought, he and his father could have used some more father/son bonding time.

I side-eye Mike being so willing to accept Michael so quickly.  He thought Jacob was his father, there would have been some resentment there.

56 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I had that thought too. I remember when the show first came out, Wentworth Miller said he didn't want to bulk up and get into He-Man shape because he wanted to emphasize that Michael is brain over brawn. The part that took me out the most was at the end of the fight, when he was just punching Jacob in the face (not that he didn't deserve it). The part where he was swinging whatever he could grab worked for me, but I feel like Michael wouldn't throw a good punch. Jacob didn't look like a fighter either though.

After all that time in prison, he would have had to learn to throw a punch to survive.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I side-eye Mike being so willing to accept Michael so quickly.  He thought Jacob was his father, there would have been some resentment there.

I'm definitely going to have to rewatch the season opener! Because I thought that Mike knew and was told that Michael was his father who died, and that he didn't call Fuckface, "dad" until the finale. I think Sara also showed him pictures of Michael.

But, it's Prison Break! so logic has no place here!!??

• Love 1

I really didn't like how they wrapped up the family scene.  I wanted to see more interaction with Mike and Michael.  Why was he sitting so far away.  I thought they could have at least had Mike approach him. I was also hoping they would have made Mike a miniature Michael with some kind of scheme being plotted.

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, Ashand11 said:

I really didn't like how they wrapped up the family scene.  I wanted to see more interaction with Mike and Michael.  Why was he sitting so far away.  I thought they could have at least had Mike approach him. I was also hoping they would have made Mike a miniature Michael with some kind of scheme being plotted.

+1 to all this. I really needed 10 seconds of the family unit together -- even if it was just Michael coming to sit on the other side of Sara, and Mike leaning against Sara shyly and sweetly. Something.

Other than that it was a pretty good finale, even though Whip and T-Bag got like 10 minutes of hilariously awkward bonding time before Whip bit it. That comment Whip made about T-Bag being "out of his tree", and T-Bag response that now Whips knows where he got it from? That was gold.

If this was it, this was a decent revival. I want more Michael/Sara/Mike happiness, but I don't know that I could handle another season of Michael being separated from his loved ones for reasons. Maybe they can all go rescue Mahone from wherever he is next time.

• Love 9

Oh, this was a fun season. I'm choosing to think Whip only passed out from blood loss and got taken into the hospital and survived. To come back and break his Dad out of Fox River. On the next reboot. Michael needs a few rounds of tattoo removal by now. He's run out of blank space. I also wish they had shown a scene with Mike and Michael interacting, even tentatively. I hope FOX reconsiders this show for a future run. They could find a few options for another caper. It's not like this show is any kind of reality anyway.

• Love 1

That was an okay finale, though the Whip/T-Bag plotline ended with a whimper. What exactly were Whip and T-Bag supposed to be doing during that confrontation? Surely Michael didn't need both of them to up the ante to throw Gameboy off the scent of the double cross? Shouldn't T-Bag at least have been given a gun or something?

Was really hoping we'd get a cameo appearance of Mahone.

If they do another season, I'd really love them to introduce Michael's tattoo artist as a character. The precision work that guy has to do every time Michael needs a new escape plan... I bet they could have a ball with a character like that.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm definitely going to have to rewatch the season opener! Because I thought that Mike knew and was told that Michael was his father who died, and that he didn't call Fuckface, "dad" until the finale. I think Sara also showed him pictures of Michael.

I remember in the final episode years ago, Sara took Mike to Michael's grave. And I think in the opener Mike asked her to tell him about his dad, meaning Michael. Mike also knows Lincoln, so Michael's name would have come up.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And since they touted it as a "season" finale, and not a series finale, maybe they might come back!

I said the same thing to my husband as we were watching. SEASON finale - not SERIES finale. They could do a whole spin-off of T-Bag and Poseidon in Fox River. And maybe Michael breaks T-Bag out to pay him back for all he did for him.

• Love 2
(edited)
44 minutes ago, llewis823 said:

I said the same thing to my husband as we were watching. SEASON finale - not SERIES finale. They could do a whole spin-off of T-Bag and Poseidon in Fox River. And maybe Michael breaks T-Bag out to pay him back for all he did for him.

There was some articles released where that's discussed. Wentworth goes into some detail on how he is with his family, yes but he is at peace? And he says that Michael probably isn't. I think it's clear that there is room for a S6 and the show runners have said, if they get an amazing story they would be up for more but I think it would be a little bit down the line and nothing would be said for awhile if bring it back. (and again they would need all the cast to be willing, we know Wentworth is in but not sure about the others)

They actually note that Michael was written to be a bit wistful in that final scene so I think it's interesting for all the talk it was going to be done that they are sure indicating that maybe they aren't.

It's interesting for sure!

Here's the article with all the info:

http://www.etonline.com/tv/218655_prison_break_finale_wentworth_miller_creator_on_why_ending_isn_t_happily_ever_after/

While I would have loved to see them all sitting together, it's more fitting that it ends the way it started, Michael with his brother and then he's reflecting back on how far they have come. That's who Michael is. 

I will say, I could have done without the whole Linc going after Abruzzi's clan, I know it had to be done but it was just kinda wedged in there. Some parts I was just like, oh man, this is just taking me out of the story, especially the scene with Sara and what's his face in the hospital. 

Edited by emjohnson03
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

He was definitely told, because when Jacob was in the hospital, Mike asked Sara about his real father in the waiting room. And Sara compared him to a storm, coming into your life quickly and leaving the same way. I know because the local station played that bit in the promos until it was embedded into my brain.

• Love 3

I haven't managed to watch the episode as a whole yet, but I just realized Linc has a type. Veronica, Sofia and Sheba are all long haired brunettes. LJ's mom was the only to break the mold.

I agree with everyone who complained about Michael being apart from his family in the end. The show's essence has always been family and Michael's struggle for the past seven years has been coming back to them. It's not even that I think having him watching them was the wrong choice for the final shot, the time apart has left a mark, that's fine. I just wish there was something else before it, Sara leaning on him, him and Mike sharing some riddle or something tentative. Instead there was Sheba with Michael's wife and son. And don't get me wrong, I actually really like Sheba and think she's the break out in this revival, but it's not her I was waiting to reunite with Sara and Mike.

By the way, any mention of Heather, the disappearing friend?

• Love 3

Well we got confirmations about three characters from this season-and unless whoever does the next season of it's not Scheuring, who (God I hope not*) may use the soap opera excuse, Whip is most definitely dead-because T-Bag getting any kind of normalcy or happy ending isn't in character; Fuckface got whacked within 15 seconds of seeing T-Bag, which I was happy to read because I have no desire to see Fuckface on my screen ever again; and Kellerman is also gone.

*EXCEPTION being Kellerman, cuz that Magnificent Bastard is like a cockroach-never dies!??

1 minute ago, bijoux said:

I haven't managed to watch the episode as a whole yet, but I just realized Linc has a type. Veronica, Sofia and Sheba are all long haired brunettes. LJ's mom was the only to break the mold.

I agree with everyone who complained about Michael being apart from his family in the end. The show's essence has always been family and Michael's struggle for the past seven years has been coming back to them. It's not even that I think having him watching them was the wrong choice for the final shot, the time apart has left a mark, that's fine. I just wish there was something else before it, Sara leaning on him, him and Mike sharing some riddle or something tentative. Instead there was Sheba with Michael's wife and son. And don't get me wrong, I actually really like Sheba and think she's the break out in this revival, but it's not her I was waiting to reunite with Sara and Mike.

By the way, any mention of Heather, the disappearing friend?

THIS!!!

And nope, no mention! @bijoux, did you NOT read my first post where I provided my thoughts on Shady Friend????

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Empress1 said:

The part that took me out the most was at the end of the fight, when he was just punching Jacob in the face (not that he didn't deserve it). The part where he was swinging whatever he could grab worked for me, but I feel like Michael wouldn't throw a good punch. Jacob didn't look like a fighter either though.

I was actually thinking, when MS said, "and this is for the last seven years" that he should have punched Jacob four more times. :-)

Edited by janeta
  • Love 6

The ending was... meh.  I wanted a bit more of a reunion, but since the whole season was so rushed, I get why there wasn't time.  

Mike definitely knew who Michael was; as others have said, he asked Sara about him in the beginning of the season and he knew Linc.  He'd obviously seen pictures because he recognized Michael right away too.  

Again, some parts were so far fetched - a tattoo on hands could be used for facial recognition security?  Michael "buried" the guy's blood in a mayonnaise jar in the middle of Lake Michigan for years?  And just how many times was Lincoln shot/wounded in the span of a week?

I was trying to figure out the timeline.  I think this entire season spanned about a week in PB time.  So Michael breaks out of prison, gets stabbed and poisoned, magically revived with Sara's blood, and beat up - yet looks fantastic sitting in the park.  Linc also gets shot, surgically repaired, leaves the hospital against doctor's advice, but looks like a male model.  Sheba escapes Yemen/ISIS/death and relocates to New York and looks like she's been an American all her life.

Oh... Prison Break.  How I'll miss you. Again.  

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Again, some parts were so far fetched - a tattoo on hands could be used for facial recognition security?  Michael "buried" the guy's blood in a mayonnaise jar in the middle of Lake Michigan for years?  And just how many times was Lincoln shot/wounded in the span of a week?

I was trying to figure out the timeline.  I think this entire season spanned about a week in PB time.  So Michael breaks out of prison, gets stabbed and poisoned, magically revived with Sara's blood, and beat up - yet looks fantastic sitting in the park.  Linc also gets shot, surgically repaired, leaves the hospital against doctor's advice, but looks like a male model.  Sheba escapes Yemen/ISIS/death and relocates to New York and looks like she's been an American all her life.

Oh... Prison Break.  How I'll miss you. Again.  

Ok this wins, especially that last part. Everyone magically is better. And yes, Michael's plan, holy man would I be frustrated that I had to wait that long for it to come to fruition. And my favorite is them jet setting from place to place, as most shows do that, but it just makes it that more jarring in the context of this show. 

29 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

The ending was... meh.  I wanted a bit more of a reunion, but since the whole season was so rushed, I get why there wasn't time.  

Honestly, I feel like so much of the season was biding time, so this explanation doesn't work for me.

29 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Again, some parts were so far fetched - a tattoo on hands could be used for facial recognition security?  Michael "buried" the guy's blood in a mayonnaise jar in the middle of Lake Michigan for years?  

This is totally ridiculous, but in a manner that make Prison Break what it is, so I embrace it completely. Like this.

giphy.gif

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Honestly, I feel like so much of the season was biding time, so this explanation doesn't work for me.

There wasn't much that they could have cut, in my opinion.  Maybe some of the drive through the desert, but that's about it.  Otherwise, it was pretty action packed.  I mean, they escaped a Navy SEAL team, jumped ship as it was hit by a missile, and washed up on shore of somewhere (France?) all in the span of 12 minutes...

(edited)

I would have had Michael escape the prison by the second episode, and had the rest of the action take place in the US. Then we would have had time for more character beats. I feel like I got a decent movie's worth of stuff to watch over, and the rest I'll probably skip.

Edited by AmeliaBedelia
  • Love 5

If they do end up doing another season - which I hope they do - I hope they keep it stateside. There is so much in foreign lands that I cannot identify with or don't know about the culture, that it makes me kind of zone out on those parts.

• Love 1

I'm happy to read that there is at least the possibility of another season - somebody I think in last week's thread said this was absolutely a "one and done".  The article says that "it won't be for a while" and that they would have to have an amazing story in order to do it.  Well, that's what writers are for, no?  But why "not for a while"?  You've already lost a lot of your base audience through the years, waiting any longer and it will be even worse.  In the end, I'm not sure if they will have another season just simply because ratings were so dismal.

Is Jacob really dead?  Comments up above saying that T-bag killed him.  Couldn't T-bag just have bent him over and had his way with him?  I'm not sure why everyone thinks that he's dead. 

What was "the plan" with T-bag and Whip during the showdown with Michael, Jacob, and the blonde woman?  So it's Michael and Jacob.  Jacob anticipates that, so he brings blonde woman.  And then Whip and T-bag show up.  Michael wanted Jacob to take the gun, so that's why they didn't immediately outgun them since they had the numbers, 3 vs 2.  But after the gun is taken from Michael?  What were T-bag and Whip supposed to do?  Why even have them there if Michael's plan was to give up the gun and then get Jacob to chase him?

The ending was satisfying but seemed so rushed.  I looked at the clock and it seemed like there were so many loose ends to tie up and there was only 15 minutes to go.  I also don't know why they didn't have Michael sit down next to his family.  Seemed like that would have been the perfect end, but I guess the show writers wanted to end with a scene of Fox River where it all began.

Really hoping that they do another season because it's been fun seeing these characters again. 

• Love 2

@greyhorse, I was the one who said "one and done" BECAUSE PaulFucking!Scheuring said it in an April 3, 2017 interview/article; the same article where he hemmed and hawed about why we didn't get Mahone this season (it's in the media thread). THEN!?He does another interview after the finale airs and says maaaaaaybe another season, but it has to be "great story making it worth it" to do it (paraphrasing) and that it won't be anytime soon. I even cursed him in the media thread for making me a liar!? So TOTES not my fault. And yeah, Scheuring also said that Whip Whinester, Fuckface, and Kellerman are DEAD dead. Fuckface got whacked 15 seconds after he saw who his cellie was.

(edited)
25 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

What was "the plan" with T-bag and Whip during the showdown with Michael, Jacob, and the blonde woman?  So it's Michael and Jacob.  Jacob anticipates that, so he brings blonde woman.  And then Whip and T-bag show up.  Michael wanted Jacob to take the gun, so that's why they didn't immediately outgun them since they had the numbers, 3 vs 2.  But after the gun is taken from Michael?  What were T-bag and Whip supposed to do?  Why even have them there if Michael's plan was to give up the gun and then get Jacob to chase him?

I think that Michael needed at least one of T-Bag or Whip around so they would occupy the assassins and that only Jacob would follow Michael to the staged area.  I find it odd that Michael felt like he needed to go through all of this in order to prove he was Michael Schofield.  From the way he was describing Poseidon, everyone in the intelligence community knew there was a guy named Poseidon out there (and was Jacob still supposedly officially with the CIA anymore?) and I am sure the Director would have known there was something fishy about Jacob since the Assistant Director was investigating him, did he really have to stage the whole thing over again?  Like the Director said, once they talked to the IT guy, he spilled the beans.  I guess he was the one that Jacob needed to use to fake the original video, and didn't have any loyalties to the Assistant Director, not like Van Gogh did.  Amazing that Poseidon got anything done with those two as his main assets, he should thank his lucky stars that when she shot him in the leg she didn't hit an artery considering how she didn't end up killing Van Gogh.  And didn't Michael have all the incriminating files on Jacob?  So he was pretty much done for already wasn't he?

So Blue Hawaii was a "Master Builder"?  As well as being an Elvis Impersonator?

And I am sorry, I know Mike is only a kid, but man he is not very bright.  Dude, your "dad" left you with a strange lady claiming that was your mom, IOW told you a really big lie, and you still want to believe him over a kid who told a lady with a gun to shoot him instead of you?  WTF is wrong with you?!

So all that million dollar hand was good for was to do a quick neck breaking on assassin lady?

Edited by HawaiiTVGuy
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, HawaiiTVGuy said:

And I am sorry, I know Mike is only a kid, but man he is not very bright.  Dude, your "dad" left you with a strange lady claiming that was your mom, IOW told you a really big lie, and you still want to believe him over a kid who told a lady with a gun to shoot him instead of you?  WTF is wrong with you?!

Eh? Over what kid? Did you mean to say that Mikey still wanted to believe Fuckface over Michael??

I'm sure I'll feel like an idiot, but I'm confused ?‍♀️ 

3 hours ago, greyhorse said:

Is Jacob really dead?  Comments up above saying that T-bag killed him.  Couldn't T-bag just have bent him over and had his way with him?  I'm not sure why everyone thinks that he's dead. 

3 hours ago, HawaiiTVGuy said:

So all that million dollar hand was good for was to do a quick neck breaking on assassin lady?

Michael paid good money for that hand! Jacob Poseidon is totally dead.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, greyhorse said:

TPTB confirmed in an interview afterwards that they didn't want to show Jacob dying onscreen but he died about 15 seconds after the scene ended.

(edited)
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Eh? Over what kid? Did you mean to say that Mikey still wanted to believe Fuckface over Michael??

I'm sure I'll feel like an idiot, but I'm confused ?‍♀️ 

I think she was referring to Michael as 'the kid'. Because Michael told that assassin lady to kill him and let Mike go. To be honest I was kind of struck by how not bright his kid was too considering Michael is a genius.  Are we sure its his kid?

Edited by Ashand11

That final scene was pure gold. Sure, Scheuring says that Jacob is now dead, but the way I see it, is that he's been getting T-Bagged for years and years to come.

If Abruzzi JR is a big time crime lord, why was he alone in the warehouse when Linc confronted him? And there's no way he would leave Linc alone. Abruzzi SR managed to ran his business while being in Fox River.

So Whip being T-Bag's son was only so that T-Bag would've a reason to hate the man. Okay. At first when Whip got shot, I thought he was for some reason and in some way faking his death with the bottled blood. Dumber things have happened in the show, so why not?

I know a lot of people are cheering over Linc/Michael and Michael/Sara scenes, but for me the most emotional part of the episode and probably the season was the dude assassin asking for Sara to kill him, but Sara just walked away. I didn't care about the character one bit during the season, but I did feel so bad for him in that scene.

Okay, so Michael's plan was to frame Jacob for the murder he actually committed. What if Jacob would've shot Michael before they got to the truck? He would've realized the gun is filled with blanks and knew something is wrong. And why the fuck didn't he bring his own gun? He relied everything on the chick assassin who, like we've all seen, is not that good at her job.

Poor Sucre, he was all set going to be sex doll importer, but Michael's shenanigans got in the way.

In a whole this season was just meh. The first couple of episodes didn't get me that excited, then it got stuck in Yemen for way too long. Last weeks episode was definitely the best one and the finale was okay. Even though it's filled with elements of the last two seasons (which I despise) of the original run, it wasn't as much of a disaster. It's easily digestible, so if they go for another round, I'll probably join them.

• Love 3

And so it ends!

I tried to remain as unspoiled as possible, but I did hear about a "heartbreaking" moment in an interview with Paul Schuering, so I was prepared for the worst.  And then I felt bad when I started laughing after I realized that the "heartbreaking moment" was Whip dying.  Yes, poor Whip.  The guy I... barely even knew.  Literally, I only found out he was T-Bag's son an episode ago.  Here I was preparing for something like Jacob somehow getting a hold of C-Note or Surce, and offing them in front of Michael.  But Whip?  At the risk of sounding heartless, I really don't care.  I would have had more of an emotion if fucking T-Bag himself died, and that's really saying something.

Besides that, it was fun and preposterous finale in true Prison Break form!  Basically, Michael's entire plan was to frame Jacob for the actual murder he did commit, which involved the victim's blood (which was what Whip retrieved), rep-staging the crime scene thanks to some other dude that Michael broke out (?), breaking into Jacob's secret lair by tattooing his face on his hands and tricking the scanner (ha!), and a whole lot of luck.  Oh, Prison Break!

Loved that Lincoln started out looking weak after he first left the hospital, but once he took out Little Abruzzi, he seemed pretty much back to normal.  Maybe's he's the real Wolverine and has incredible healing powers.  He just needs to get some claws and grow some sideburns, and he'd be set!

Agents whose names I don't even remember went the way I expected.  Agent who was conflicted got shot by Lady Agent, and then T-Bag killed Lady Agent after she killed Whip.  Fare thee well, you two.  In evil agent afterlife (which is totally a thing), Kellerman is so shaking his head at the both of you.

Sara and the bros get a happy ending with Little Mike, and even Sheba comes back to be with Linc.  Michael and Linc's final exchange was the highlight.  Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell have some of the best brotherly chemistry on the planet (between this and their kind of twisted one on Legends of Tomorrow.)

Jacob getting sent to Fox River, only to be cellmates with T-Bag was a perfect ending.  Both because Jacob will hopefully get killed, and T-Bag remains in prison, because even though he helped Michael, he still really shouldn't be wondering around the free world.

Overall, a mixed bag since I thought they wasted too much time in Yemen and there really wasn't enough Sucre, but it was an entertaining ride.  If it comes back, I'll watch.  Until then, I'll try to jump back in on my rewatch of the original series soon.

• Love 4

I found it unintentionally hilarious that Whip thanked Michael for introducing him to his father. Yes, finding out you were spawned by a murdering, rapist white supremacist is always a touching moment. Although I guess they didn't have the time to go into finer details.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, RedMal said:

Poor Sucre, he was all set going to be sex doll importer, but Michael's shenanigans got in the way.

When Sheba inevitably dumps Linc, Sucre gets the first call...

• Love 3