Type keyword(s) to search

Challenge Specials: When MTV Needs To Fill Time

• Start Topic

The fact that only one button on his vest was buttoned kept distracting me. At least button 2 dammit! And CT obvi didn’t feel comfortable reading the TelePrompTer in the beginning. Beyond that, I enjoyed it. CT is a hoot. MTV take note: I Would much prefer CT to the Miz when TJ doesn’t wanna work. I esp loved his guillotine analogy and how he said if he was in the house he would be cool with the newbies. Also his perspective on Bananas and him...hehehe. “If I’m going to go after him or anyone, there needs to be money on the table.” Hehehe. Good to know he isn’t in a permanent Bananas alliance. And Aneesa/CT great chemistry, Jenna was fun too. Great filler episode. Enjoyed it more than I thought I would. 

I think CT would be a great host at the reunion.  I could totally see him going off script, like he did with Jenna on this episode, and really putting some of these idiots on the hot seat.  It would be so fun to watch because CT has no fucks to give.  

I have no idea what this Total Request Challenge After Show John Power Hour is but I hate it.  Why does this show love his lame ass so much?

The biggest reason I hate him is because he ABSOLUTELY cannot take anything that he dishes out.

And OF COURSE he runs his shit by the producers and they just lap it up.  Fuck him.

• Love 3

In short: Johnny and Kam try to bring themselves to orgasm in front of an admiring crowd, while the TRL people were useless. Yes, Mateo, we know you like guys.

On 2/15/2018 at 9:02 AM, Peper81 said:

I think CT would be a great host at the reunion.  I could totally see him going off script, like he did with Jenna on this episode, and really putting some of these idiots on the hot seat.  It would be so fun to watch because CT has no fucks to give.  

I don't think he's as articulate as a lot of candidates for the gig, if it were to become available. Basically, he's Rocky Balboa, even before all the brain damage. He did okay in his special, but he didn't have an audience.

• Love 1

Meh all around. Whasherface and Vinny from the returning Jersey Shore (and doesn't THAT tell you everything that you need to know about MTV these days?) fiddle around with Jemmye and Marie. I mean, awesome not to see Johnny stroke himself raw outside of those godawful Ice Real World promos, but I'm still underwhelmed. Oh, and if you didn't tune in to THAT, only the title of the next season was revealed: Final Reckoning. Am I a horrible person for hoping that the season would live up to the "Final" part?

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

I actually liked Jemmye on the After Show.  She really is quick witted and she wasn't shy about spilling tea (granted it wasn't all that great for me since I never watched Teen Mom but I still love that she's down to spill).  Marie was Marie so not much to see there.  I wish they'd get a better host then Nessa.  She's just not good.

Announcer: This week on The Challenge After Show!!!

Devin: (wanking)

Johnny: (wanking while driving his car)

Devin: That's not safe. (wanking)

Britni: (possibly drunk)

Gus: Did I mention I'm an Olympian and I helped save a lot of puppies? (pause) *sigh* All right . . . (serving tea)

19 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Britni: (possibly drunk)

I think you can absolutely take out the possibly.  She was plastered.  Nessa seemed kind of pissed about it, but the producers had to know before they threw her skank ass out onto the couch.

Her outfit was heinous and I feel badly for Devin getting a gynecological view when she bent over.  

I can’t even figure out why she was even there, since she was barely in the episode they were talking about.  Maybe just so Gus could show us Britni and Brad macking in the background behind Cara.

BTW, it's always fun to see the scene where Kayleigh's stuff gets dumped out, and then we cut to the audience cheering. Really shows you the people MTV want at those specials. Remember, people cheered Johnny after seeing him rip off Sarah. I get how Sarah wouldn't be a total darling, but her soul looked like it got shredded. And they cheered. If she had dove into the audience and started beating people up like Ron Artest at the Palace, I wouldn't have blamed her.

Caught last night's After Show. I think Tony is scheming to kill CT, get a "dad bod," and take his place. Single White Meathead, if you will. Nice having Justina drop by to help Nessa. And Britni sucks, but everybody knew that, right?

Laurel comes off very bitter. I liked that Leroy brought up Nicole saying Cara was her number one and Laurel was her number two. Laurel tried to lamely defend it by saying Cara likes attention, which in no way makes a difference as to who Nicole preferred. I'm sure Cara and Laurel are both to blame for that friendship falling apart, but I'm inclined to side with Cara here. I just don't enjoy her presence like ever.

I like Laurel as a competitor, but as a person, she leaves a lot to be desired. I found her to be really annoying on the after show especially since she would not shut up about Cara Maria. Every chance she got to insult her, she took it and ran with it. 

I think the real reason why Laurel dislikes Cara so much is because of Nicole. Just like Leroy stated, Nicole preferred Cara over Laurel and she didn't like that.

2 hours ago, Steph619 said:

I like Laurel as a competitor, but as a person, she leaves a lot to be desired.

Part of the reason I've been calling her "Killbot." Killbots don't have time for humanity. Also, I don't think Killbots can dance . . . .and that's why I'm disappointed the crowd voted Leroy into the dance-off with Nessa's guest co-host.

Bumping up. Usual bullshit and softballs from the "superfans." My questions would be more "Paulie, why do you think no one has brutally murdered you?" and "Hey, Wes. Do you need special permits to lug that ego around?"

One positive: Justina Valentine makes for a good host. I've been saying Devyn Simone would be the best choice to replace TJ Lavin's tired self, but Justina might have started making her case tonight.

• LOL 2
(edited)

After Show airs tonight, with Justina hosting again.

ETA: Not much to say. Lots of social media beef, Hunter tries in vain to control the asshole within, Johnny and Nany have Spring Break fun, and Justina unknowingly makes a case for replacing TJ.

Edited by Lantern7
2 hours ago, Al Herkimer said:

Johnny declared himself the "King of Spring Break," or something like that... he's in his late 30's, for fuck's sake.  I don't hate him like some viewers do but that was just pathetic.

More like "Inappropriate Role Model." "Hey, kids! Act like me, and you too can go to exotic lands to compete for six-figure prizes!"

I don’t know where this “Behind the Challenge” came from, but how come the Bear we saw here isn’t the Bear who shows up on the challenge shows?  This Bear was charming and self-deprecating and humble.  I could like that guy.