Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Divide and Conquer

Drogo
  • Start Topic

That's exactly what Mr. Chat I said to each other.  Why didn't he stay put and make a temporary shelter there.  Don't waste all of your energy climbing up a hill and in thick brush.  He said that it took him an hour to hike to where he got injured

Actually, right before he fell he said he had been hiking for several hours but thought he was only about an hour from the beach.  Which of course only makes the whole scenario seem even more stupid. 

I was really rooting for these guys because they were from Illinois, but Fox Lake is not exactly need-to-survive territory.  It's basically a far NW suburb of Chicago.

• Love 2

Finally got a chance to watch, although the On Demand on Comcast kept kicking me out at about the halfway mark for the preview, so I am not that familiar with all of the teams. I find it interesting that 2 of the teams shown during this episode were from Maine, so they automatically have my love. I have to wonder if Jordan and Alex know Fowler or got any tips from him? They live in a 30-45  minute or so radius of each other. I cannot remember where the other team is from, but I think it is farther south, but I could be wrong about that. It doesn't surprise me that some of the people that I liked are people who do live in these more rural states. I liked the Brooke and Dave and the teams from Maine. I also wonder if my theory from the prior season will hold again this year: 

Spoiler

That they have shown the winner and first tap (obviously) during the first episode. It Has been true in every season and I picked Fowler last season based on this assumption. Wouldn't mind the husband and wife team if that is true, but I think the Father son team from Maine will be the winners. Just my feeling, no other reason for why. They seemed to have the longest audition video and background shown. 

Personally, when I saw that it was TEAMS, I was like "Hell to the no!". But it was ok. But, like someone else said, if they start having buffs, and competitions for food, or hidden advantages, I'll be out. Don't make this Survivor producers. You don't need to do that! This show was special for its quiet reflection, don't mess with that. 

• Love 6
On 6/16/2017 at 2:06 PM, pagooey said:

Good lord, they could've just dropped me off to drag a camera hither and yon in the salal tangles for 15 minutes, and come up with enough B-roll for this entire episode. (And then put me back on the helicopter with a quickness, please and thank you.) 

That was a mighty fast tap-out. I feel a bit sorry for the young brothers, but after Pretty Teen Man-Bun nailed himself with his hatchet early last season, I don't have a lot of faith in the real young 'uns' skill sets. They can't seem to just calm down and slowly construct an impenetrable fortress, like Brook.  Youth and rampant energy don't always translate to methodical survival play, I guess. 

I'm also worried about Dad Alex's breathing. He reminds me of a combo of Mike Ehrmentraut and, with that little watch cap, Jacques Cousteau. 

Anyway. I guess Alan only narrates the "Making the Cut" episode, since there's no narration for the core show itself. But after someone brought up my beloved F*ckin' Larry on the other thread, I got to thinking: how great would it be to have HIM narrate a director's cut or DVD commentary of this show? Critiquing everybody's screwups. "What the bleep is this bleep doing now? Dude, you bleeped your bleeping ankle, maybe get the bleep out of the bleeping woods. Soap? I will throw your bleeping soap into the bleeping ocean!" (YMMV, depending on whether you thought F*ckin' Larry was a ticking time bomb or a hilarious guttermouth who just got sick of his job.)

On 6/16/2017 at 2:17 PM, roamyn said:

While munching on pastry and waving some mouse skeleton at the tv.

I would pay History to see this!

Hahahahaha! Love it! :)

(edited)
On 6/16/2017 at 3:06 PM, mlp said:

I know that.  What I can't picture is how the hikers are filming themselves from the side as they walk along.  They can't be using anything stationary like a tripod because they're on the move.  Maybe they're just holding the camera out at arm's length but it seems like it would be awkward.

I think they're taught to set up a tripod in front of them, then walk back and film themselves walking back toward it. Silly, I know, but essential for the "magic" of television.

Or, maybe, they set up a tripod to film themselves leaving an area, like on a scout, only to come back later, and they're using the footage of the return. We never really know how "true" the footage is, at least, chronologically.

Edited by Charlesman
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Charlesman said:

I think they're taught to set up a tripod in front of them, then walk back and film themselves walking back toward it. Silly, I know, but essential for the "magic" of television.

Or, maybe, they set up a tripod to film themselves leaving an area, like on a scout, only to come back later, and they're using the footage of the return. We never really know how "true" the footage is, at least, chronologically.

Yeah, read my response in the episode thread for last night.

• Love 1