Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: Auditions 2

• Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

And now, because of you posters here, I am paying attention to Tyra and her multi-outfit changes per episode. Make that outfit AND hair changes. WTH? The judges keep the same clothes per episode, it's too much for Tyra? What, is she Cher now? So thank a lot you guys. Anyway, welcome to AGT I guess.

You will notice that the judges are seen with several changes of clothes in one episode, unlike The Voice.  So Tyra probably changes clothes/hair each day they tape, too.  I like that they are not trying to hide the editing.  This show is so long I would get tired of watching them in the same clothes for weeks on end.  So that is fine with me. 

I don't like watching Tyra wearing heels so high that she has to shuffle across the stage.  It looks asinine.  Since she is required to "help" on stage occasionally why not wear casual high fashion.  There are many fabulous outfits in this category!  But I suppose that is not to her liking or production's either.  When Mel B and Heidi are asked to go on stage they are able to walk in their shoes! 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

The skaters were definitely my favorite of the night. I thought they were amazing, and wasn't annoyed by the outfits, or lack thereof. Didn't bug me. But then I looked at her instagram and was like WTF. The stuff they wear when they perform in Vegas is way worse. He's in nothing but briefs and she's in a bra/thong/garter belt. Now that's strange, even for me.

It's cool that the dog can do that and all, but a dog barking isn't a good act. Same with the science experiments. Cool, but not really an act.

Disliked the dancing kids. Thank you Simon for having some sense.

Tyra adds nothing to the show.

• Love 1

I had the pleasure of meeting Mandy last weekend, at No Barriers Summit, where she actually presented a class on "feeling music" and she went into how you can feel certain notes based on where in your body or vibrates. She writes her own music AND sings. And she spends 40-70 hours a week on her craft. The backstory on AGT was nice, but there is so much more that we got that REALLY impressed me.

My 12 year old that has multiple disabilities had a little seizure in her class and slept most of the way through, and when he woke up at the end, she asked if he'd like to "feel" the music vibrations of her guitar. I told her he'd probably prefer to hear some chords on her guitar. And she actually sang "Try" for him. The entire song. Just for him. And he was dancing and laughing..we were all in tears at the end. 

She is a sweetheart and , I believe, very talented . And a very hard worker. I downloaded her entire album for my son last weekend. (It's jazz)  I'm excited that she got the Golden Buzzer. Though to be fair, I never had reason to watch the show at all until this week. 

The 9 year old was impressive . The sibling skaters creeped me out.

And how did the guys from Azerbaijan get on "Americas" Got Talent?

• Love 7

I'm glad I'm not the only person who was skeeved out by the skating siblings. I didn't grow up with siblings (got two stepsiblings as an adult) so I sometimes don't feel I can comment on what is and is not "appropriate" brother/sister behavior, but this really sent up red flags for me.

The counting dog reminded me of The Hunchback of Notre Dame (the book) where Djali the goat can count by tapping on Esmeralda's tambourine. Unless the dog can do other tricks that aren't counting, this was good for a one-off but not sustainable for multiple rounds, like the chicken.

What purpose does the red-headed singer serve that is not already being served by Ed Sheeran?

I kinda liked the handbalancer/comedian with the blow-up doll. I'd like to think any future acts he would have done would have been parodying other types of common AGT acts. Oh well.

The science guy reminded me of summer camp, where they'd bring in guys to do cool experiment shows. That's not a knock against him, I think he's cool (don't watch Big Brother and haven't seen him before) and am easily entertained by chemical reactions.

• Love 3

Angelica Hale was really good and could have gotten the gold treatment, but good for us since we will get to see her sing much sooner.

Also, liked the deaf girl singer.   Incredible story and good voice, although I don't think she was better than Angelica.

Finally, the group that was almost crushed was lot more fun that I originally thought it would be.  That required a lot of athletic ability and a lot of practice. 

I, too, miss Nick.  Tyra looks like a professional wrestler, she is so huge.  She isn't terrible, but she adds little to the show.

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:14 PM, neuromom said:

And how did the guys from Azerbaijan get on "Americas" Got Talent?

The show itself is called Got Talent. There are different versions in many countries not just the US.