Type keyword(s) to search

S03:E10: Part 33

3 hours ago, coconutcookie said:

The bit about Rayburn House being worthless was just laughable.  I realize the scene where Sally comes in and finds water on the floor was meant to presage the sad news that the place would one day be inundated with water, but it was so stupidly done.  For there to be water coming in under the floor boards, the house would have to look like it was floating.  Everything about the end was a mess and I would never recommend Bloodline to anyone.

Thank you! I thought it was such a stupid scene in the first place due to the off hand comment about waters rising - but the beach and grounds were pristine.

I don't know if the theme song was commissioned by the show runners, but the lyrics really work for the finale (even if little else did).

• Love 2

I found it interesting that the houses in this series were always so dark and dank. They live in a bright, sunny area, the Rayburn House is on a gorgeous landscape, but the interior designs are so colorless and unwelcoming. At first I thought it was because it was always hot and humid, the houses are dark to keep them cool but as the series went on, I realized it was because the people who reside in the homes have no warmth, no brightness, no color. 

This was a weird series and I'm curious how it would have gone on had they had the time. As it is, the last few episodes felt like filler with no real resolution. I kind of want to go back and watch the first season and pretend that it was basically the whole series. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, rippleintime17 said:

I found it interesting that the houses in this series were always so dark and dank. They live in a bright, sunny area, the Rayburn House is on a gorgeous landscape, but the interior designs are so colorless and unwelcoming. At first I thought it was because it was always hot and humid, the houses are dark to keep them cool but as the series went on, I realized it was because the people who reside in the homes have no warmth, no brightness, no color. 

This!  I found that I had to wait until it was dark outside to watch this series (since S1Ep1) because the interiors were all so dark.  If there was a glimmer of sun in my living room, even with shades drawn, I could barely make out who was doing what unless they were flashing back to sunny days on the beach/in the water.  But, as far as setting mood and tone, the dark interiors of everyone's houses did reflect who the Rayburns were as people. Dark homes, dark souls and plenty of dark brown liquor to keep the light from creeping in!

• Love 2

Boy this sucker really went down hill.

-I felt bad for John during the entire course of the series. Why was it always his responsibilty to clean up everyone's else's messes? "John, help me, I don't know what to do" was constantly being said by Meg and Kevin. If he had said fuck it and drove off into the sunset at the end, I would have applauded him. He did try to leave in the beggining but was of course sucked back in by Kevin and his bullshit. Even during his dream state, in the kitchen with Sally and Belle it's them asking for help, Belle begging him to help Kevin and not even listening when he's saying he can't. That was pretty much John's life.

I go back and forth about John. I think the episode before this, when he was in his weird dream-state, explained a lot about why he is the way he is and how he's become sucked into being the family caretaker. And Sally's speech kind of underscored it, for me. So yeah, I felt bad for him seemingly taking on the albatross of his family for probably more than half of his life. But he killed his brother. And then covered up the death of his partner to protect his other brother. And then helped frame an innocent man for it. And then set up his idiot-brother's escape. So my sympathy has some limits there. Plus, he was a classic enabler. Now if he'd killed Kevin, I think I would have given him a pass (hell, the town might have given him a parade).

I am in the minority about Sally's big monologue about the birth of her children, mainly because of the acting. My husband and I were literally laughing at Sissy Spacek having her Big Acting Moment.

What a disappointment. I wish I had stopped watching after Season 1 because it was so fantastic and I simply couldn't figure out where they'd go from there for a second or third season. I should have known it would go down the crapper. Yeesh!

I remember watching the finale for season one and loving the series so much, knowing that on one hand I'd be curious about where it could go but understanding that if it ended then, it would be perfect. (And I think I could still buy the "we're good people who did a bad thing." Because every time I heard that after season one, I snort laughed.) I had reservations about season two, which I enjoyed, though not as much as the first season. In hindsight, I wish I had quit at the first season. It's really risky for a show to have so many unlikable characters and do so little to redeem them over the course of its run. Maybe if allowed to go to its planned length it would have been different, however I felt it didn't work in this short run. I don't have to like everyone (or even anyone) on a tv show to find it enjoyable or rewarding. But by the time season three rolled around on this it just became a clusterfuck of a group of really loathsome people.

I blame it mostly on the writing, which became incredibly sloppy, imo. For example, if you look at all the calling going on between the Rayburns on the night of Marco's murder - calls between the Rayburns, including numerous calls going to Marco (I seem to remember Meg calling him repeatedly) - you would think that would raise some red flags (certainly to the defense attorney) since the phone records were part of the trial testimony. But that was all cherrypicked out by the writers later in the season. Adding in all the strange storylines that made no sense (Ozzy, the priest, Beth or whatever her name is) and dropping some other stories (like Nolan and his mom went from being super-involved with Sally at the inn and headed for a happy ending) and then sending Meg off into the ocean on her little sunfish - it seemed like they just drew plot points out of a hat and went with them.

Even if this show was reconstituted somewhere else, I'd give it a pass. I'd watch season one again because the acting was so great, but I think I'd leave it at that. At least we have the satisfaction of knowing Kevin actually gets arrested. Whether he goes to jail or not . . . I'm sure John will do that for him, too.

• Love 2

The acting in this show was always exceptional. The writing, however, was not. I know that they wanted this show to run another 2-3 seasons but they had ample time to adjust and resolve story lines in 10 episodes. Instead, they punted. 

Ozzy came back for reasons completely unrelated to the main storyline. Mike and wife and John's female partner were introduced without reason. Still don't understand the purpose of the brunette - Beth? - with connections to Ozzy and Danny. I can't recall if she appeared in previous seasons. 

The first half of this season was tense and focused. Chelsea and Aguirre added much in small roles. The second half was consumed with odd dream sequences. So many questions left unresolved, particularly related to Marco's death. I guess there are no repercussions for the coroner being on Roy's payroll.

Overall, a disappointment for me. This show had so much promise - a stand-out cast and beautiful vistas. And, of course, Kyle Chandler...who deserves another Emmy nomination.

• Love 3

I hated this season. It completely ruined the series for me. It got so convoluted I couldn't muster enough interest to try to figure out any of the disembodied plot lines. Except for one. I think Danny was the product of Roy and Sally. That would explain why he was so different and why Robert always hated him. but nothing will explain why the props department couldn't afford a better wig for Danny.

IMG_0737.JPG

• Love 7
(edited)
On 6/6/2017 at 3:10 PM, BusyOctober said:

In addition to all the unanswered questions listed here, one of mine was why was Sally so surprised at hearing her property would be underwater/worthless in 10 years.  Um, duh.  Most of the Keys and mainland Florida (and a lot of coastline communities) are eroding and being reclaimed by the ocean.  Wouldn't a 40+ year resident of the Keys have been clued in to this environmental situation prior to now?  I live in New England and there are several beaches that have lost frontage, and islands that have been "sinking" at exponential rates every year. Like Sally says, the ocean/water takes everything back at  some point. 

Of course. A long time resident and business owner with property on the shoreline would certainly be aware of this problem. But another scene bothered me more: the one where she notices a puddle water on the living room floor. As @coconutcookie says, it was stupidly done. There was nothing about that scene that said "the ocean is coming for us." I viewed that and immediately thought that the water resulted from one of three things: a leaky roof, an overflowing bathtub or a naughty dog. (At least that's what a puddle of water on the floor means in my house.)

On 6/5/2017 at 9:34 AM, Clanstarling said:

Yep. It was like putting "Happy Birthday" on a cake, and realizing by the time you get to the "th" that there's not enough room. They left too many things unanswered and dangling.

I am seeing a lot of mentions of things left unanswered/dangling and it got me wondering: maybe when the show runners were writing/filming this season they still had the hope that another streaming service would pick up this show for S4 and beyond. Why else introduce Mike? Why leave Roy's death in doubt? Why add fuel to the speculation that Kevin is Roy's son? Seems like time and effort was wasted on plot points that, in retrospect, no one will care about.

Edited by Ellaria Sand
  • Love 1

I'm so torn on how I should feel about the end of this show. The acting was unreal. I really hope Kyle Chandler had a happy childhood because that man can brood better than any actor I've ever seen. I had never seen NLB in anything before so I kept having to remind myself that he was acting and not the hapless idiot he played so well. 

I'm glad Kevin got his. He didn't deserve any kind of pass. I don't understand Meg's disappearance and how she was able to jump into a cross-country move with fabulous results in a short time. Sally got hers too, with the hotel. Belle wanted her family to work but she also knew Kevin as well as anyone. It was only a matter of time before he brought them all down. 

But John is who I'm really struggling with. He wasn't a good guy. He walked the line between trying to be good and yet doing terrible things. What I really don't get is his confession at the end. Aguillare always suspected him, right? That was so much of the tension with John and the department. So why, when a guy confirms all the things you once thought, do you tell him he's been through a lot and gives him a pass. They seemed to have so much on John at one point and they knew they Rayburns were all dirty in their own way. That's the thing I was bummed out about the most. It's not that I didn't like John's character but I wish the corny confession scene never happened. 

It wasn't the greatest end to a show but it did entertain me. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Lambie said:

I'm so torn on how I should feel about the end of this show. The acting was unreal. I really hope Kyle Chandler had a happy childhood because that man can brood better than any actor I've ever seen. I had never seen NLB in anything before so I kept having to remind myself that he was acting and not the hapless idiot he played so well. 

I'm glad Kevin got his. He didn't deserve any kind of pass. I don't understand Meg's disappearance and how she was able to jump into a cross-country move with fabulous results in a short time. Sally got hers too, with the hotel. Belle wanted her family to work but she also knew Kevin as well as anyone. It was only a matter of time before he brought them all down. 

But John is who I'm really struggling with. He wasn't a good guy. He walked the line between trying to be good and yet doing terrible things. What I really don't get is his confession at the end. Aguillare always suspected him, right? That was so much of the tension with John and the department. So why, when a guy confirms all the things you once thought, do you tell him he's been through a lot and gives him a pass. They seemed to have so much on John at one point and they knew they Rayburns were all dirty in their own way. That's the thing I was bummed out about the most. It's not that I didn't like John's character but I wish the corny confession scene never happened. 

It wasn't the greatest end to a show but it did entertain me. 

Kyle Chandler made John likable, even though he shouldn't have been likable.  I felt his torment and anguish, and desire to do the right thing and "fix" everything yet make mistakes.  Chandler made John truly a great character, in my opinion, because I was still able to root for a "bad" guy and not think he was so bad...  He needs an(other) Emmy.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 5/28/2017 at 11:08 PM, DoubleUTeeEff said:

I loved that Kevin was having the time of his life thinking he was free as a bird at the bar (drinking, no less) and then got picked up.

Why was Kevin in Bimini which is 47 nautical miles off the coast of Florida?  Did he know that Bimini is in the Bahamas and is not a part of Cuba?  I'm Bahamian and we extradite people. For the 100th time, Kevin is stupid.

Edited by uoflfan
2 hours ago, uoflfan said:

Why was Kevin in Bimini which is 47 nautical miles off the coast of Florida?  Did he know that Bimini is in the Bahamas and is not a part of Cuba?  I'm Bahamian and we extradite people. For the 100th time, Kevin is stupid.

He lied about where he was going, and then went somewhere else to throw the feds off.  Yes, he's stupid, but he knew he was going Bimini and not Cuba.

• Love 1
On 6/27/2017 at 3:16 PM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Yes, he's stupid, but he knew he was going Bimini and not Cuba.

The idiot picked the island closest to Florida.  We have 700 islands to choose from in the Bahamas.  He could have found a much better hide out here for a while anyway.

• Love 1

I kept thinking I must not have remembered Beth (?) playing a bigger role in previous seasons-- I was so freaking confused everytime she popped up. But I guess she was just like Ozzy--like honestly what the hell? That whole "You're running out of time" to Sally--what was that about?

Danny's wig was so distractingly bad it took me out of every scene.

I HATED the hallucination episode--it's like someone telling you a really long dream they had--I don't care, what's the point?

Not only do I not believe Meg could afford that lifestyle in LA, I don't believe she only lived there a few months and already had a huge crew of friends to celebrate her birthday (35? psssh)

I was really annoyed that characters just dropped off the face of the planet--like Nolan's mom and John's kids.

Was that one flashback to show that Diana initially liked Danny??

I think Danny was the product of Roy and Sally. That would explain why he was so different and why Robert always hated him.

Interesting theory. But wouldn't Roy have helped him out more then, instead of liking Kevin so much? I mean how does one even like Kevin?

Overall it was just really bad, I'm sad to say.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, uoflfan said:

The idiot picked the island closest to Florida.  We have 700 islands to choose from in the Bahamas.  He could have found a much better hide out here for a while anyway.

Very true.  Maybe he intended to keep moving?  But they found him pretty darn quick...

On 6/12/2017 at 5:09 PM, Ellaria Sand said:

Of course. A long time resident and business owner with property on the shoreline would certainly be aware of this problem. But another scene bothered me more: the one where she notices a puddle water on the living room floor. As @coconutcookie says, it was stupidly done. There was nothing about that scene that said "the ocean is coming for us." I viewed that and immediately thought that the water resulted from one of three things: a leaky roof, an overflowing bathtub or a naughty dog. (At least that's what a puddle of water on the floor means in my house.)

I am seeing a lot of mentions of things left unanswered/dangling and it got me wondering: maybe when the show runners were writing/filming this season they still had the hope that another streaming service would pick up this show for S4 and beyond. Why else introduce Mike? Why leave Roy's death in doubt? Why add fuel to the speculation that Kevin is Roy's son? Seems like time and effort was wasted on plot points that, in retrospect, no one will care about.

Sally Rayburn was in denial about some major issues throughout most of her life. What makes you think she'd be on top that issue? She had her husband to take care of business while he was alive, and it would be no surprise to see a couple of "Innkeepers" like the Rayburns ignore climate change and/or defer maintenance on their aging property.

I liked the final scene with Sally and the resolution it offered. In the first two seasons I thought the character was a little overboard, but this season she had the most interesting arc. She finally gained insight into everything and even received her just dessert with the failure of the sale. It's certainly part of her character to be histrionic; and it followed for her to invoke pseudo-religious imagery given how she's had a dalliance with spirituality this season. Personally I found the writing for this character to be a bright spot for season 3.

This season was a waste of time for me. 2 things I hated most: the Ozzie storyline, completely unnecessary and didn't make any sense. The 2nd last episode was annoying as hell. Instead of wasting time on John's "dream" they could have resolved some of the other b-plots more like the recurring nightmare Meg had where she was trying to prevent somebody from entering the house in the middle of the night. Also, I agree with the posters who said there is no way in hell Meg can afford that house in LA on a bartender's salary. This really should have been an anthology series with each season exploring perhaps a different family with secrets. The Rayburn mystery should have been resolved at the end of season 1, and subsequent seasons should have stories of other families.

Yes, as many have posted, there are good reasons to believe Kevin is the child of Sally and Roy. But it makes more sense to me to think that John is the child of Sally and Roy, from their affair. Think about what Sally says about John's birth and then about how John seems to be the child who is expected to atone for all the family sins.  

I did not like the ending at all. As others have said, the first season was stellar. This season was disappointing. The last episode dragged for me. There were several scenes that could have been cut as they added nothing to the storyline. I loved Kyle Chandler in this show! He was just fantastic. 

I know Sally's speech at the end will likely end up on Sissy Spacek's Emmy reel, but I wasn't impressed. It screamed "important monologue" to me, and I didn't find her convincing. She was supposedly teary at points but I saw no tears, and while she was theatrical, I didn't find her compelling. I realize others disagree. This is just my take. Perhaps I'm biased because I disliked her character. 

I couldn't not stand the Ozzy character and don't understand why he was on this show. Meg's exit was handled clumsily by the writers. Kevin was the Fredo of the series. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 1
On 5/30/2017 at 1:02 PM, MaggieG said:

So are we supposed to assume that brunette chick (no idea what her name is) was a Rayburn? She did say that her and Danny didn't date, they were friends, which would make sense if they knew they were half siblings. Not sure what the point of her was either. Guiding Nolan? Also, where was his mother? She completely dissapeared. 

I was hoping she was the grown-up ghost of Sarah, the drowned sister, back to pronounce judgment on the whole clan, and that the story would morph into a ghostly Southern gothic revenge tale.

What a colossal disappointment this show was.    It started off so good, but by the end all I wanted for John was a comb.

On 6/29/2017 at 1:21 PM, uoflfan said:

We?  Here?

Sooo jealous.

• Love 1
On 6/8/2017 at 7:17 PM, Maysie said:

Boy this sucker really went down hill.

I go back and forth about John. I think the episode before this, when he was in his weird dream-state, explained a lot about why he is the way he is and how he's become sucked into being the family caretaker. And Sally's speech kind of underscored it, for me. So yeah, I felt bad for him seemingly taking on the albatross of his family for probably more than half of his life. But he killed his brother. And then covered up the death of his partner to protect his other brother. And then helped frame an innocent man for it. And then set up his idiot-brother's escape. So my sympathy has some limits there. Plus, he was a classic enabler. Now if he'd killed Kevin, I think I would have given him a pass (hell, the town might have given him a parade).

I am in the minority about Sally's big monologue about the birth of her children, mainly because of the acting. My husband and I were literally laughing at Sissy Spacek having her Big Acting Moment.

I remember watching the finale for season one and loving the series so much, knowing that on one hand I'd be curious about where it could go but understanding that if it ended then, it would be perfect. (And I think I could still buy the "we're good people who did a bad thing." Because every time I heard that after season one, I snort laughed.) I had reservations about season two, which I enjoyed, though not as much as the first season. In hindsight, I wish I had quit at the first season. It's really risky for a show to have so many unlikable characters and do so little to redeem them over the course of its run. Maybe if allowed to go to its planned length it would have been different, however I felt it didn't work in this short run. I don't have to like everyone (or even anyone) on a tv show to find it enjoyable or rewarding. But by the time season three rolled around on this it just became a clusterfuck of a group of really loathsome people.

I blame it mostly on the writing, which became incredibly sloppy, imo. For example, if you look at all the calling going on between the Rayburns on the night of Marco's murder - calls between the Rayburns, including numerous calls going to Marco (I seem to remember Meg calling him repeatedly) - you would think that would raise some red flags (certainly to the defense attorney) since the phone records were part of the trial testimony. But that was all cherrypicked out by the writers later in the season. Adding in all the strange storylines that made no sense (Ozzy, the priest, Beth or whatever her name is) and dropping some other stories (like Nolan and his mom went from being super-involved with Sally at the inn and headed for a happy ending) and then sending Meg off into the ocean on her little sunfish - it seemed like they just drew plot points out of a hat and went with them.

Even if this show was reconstituted somewhere else, I'd give it a pass. I'd watch season one again because the acting was so great, but I think I'd leave it at that. At least we have the satisfaction of knowing Kevin actually gets arrested. Whether he goes to jail or not . . . I'm sure John will do that for him, too.

On 6/12/2017 at 2:49 AM, Rsmensen said:

I hated this season. It completely ruined the series for me. It got so convoluted I couldn't muster enough interest to try to figure out any of the disembodied plot lines. Except for one. I think Danny was the product of Roy and Sally. That would explain why he was so different and why Robert always hated him. but nothing will explain why the props department couldn't afford a better wig for Danny.

IMG_0737.JPG

Glad I wasn't the only person totally distracted by his rug.

On 6/29/2017 at 1:50 PM, Kbilly said:

I kept thinking I must not have remembered Beth (?) playing a bigger role in previous seasons-- I was so freaking confused everytime she popped up. But I guess she was just like Ozzy--like honestly what the hell? That whole "You're running out of time" to Sally--what was that about?

Danny's wig was so distractingly bad it took me out of every scene.

I HATED the hallucination episode--it's like someone telling you a really long dream they had--I don't care, what's the point?

Not only do I not believe Meg could afford that lifestyle in LA, I don't believe she only lived there a few months and already had a huge crew of friends to celebrate her birthday (35? psssh)

I was really annoyed that characters just dropped off the face of the planet--like Nolan's mom and John's kids.

Was that one flashback to show that Diana initially liked Danny??

Interesting theory. But wouldn't Roy have helped him out more then, instead of liking Kevin so much? I mean how does one even like Kevin?

Overall it was just really bad, I'm sad to say.

OMG, me too. I was seriously watching the time tick away, hoping to get to the point, the reveal, of what is real? thinking OMG did John lose his mind after he killed Danny and the last 2 seasons didn't even happen? It went on WAY too long.

I like Diana's goodbye scene but I have to say, I was still so annoyed by the actresses accent. Her Aussie can not be hidden, and I try to fan-wank that she grew up down under and came to the US, but still... UG.

I assume that the shower problem was foreshadowing of the rising water? I seriously thought there would be a body under there, but I guess not?

ANd do we all still think that John killed Danny to stop him from wrecking the family, or do we now think there was more to it?

Just recently finished this series and have many of the same questions a y’all have here.

However, one I haven’t seen on here is regarding Danny’s restaurant burning down.  Does anyone else think Nolan did it?  

I also thought Sally must have had an affair with the man who came back in the first season and was a PI and former law enforcement officer and wondered if he was a father to Danny.  

1 hour ago, DFWGina said:

Just recently finished this series and have many of the same questions a y’all have here.

However, one I haven’t seen on here is regarding Danny’s restaurant burning down.  Does anyone else think Nolan did it?  

I also thought Sally must have had an affair with the man who came back in the first season and was a PI and former law enforcement officer and wondered if he was a father to Danny.  

Yes, I think Nolan did it. I thought it was, at the very least, implied. But it's been awhile since I saw the episode. 

I thought Beau Bridges' character was possibly the father of Danny. But they never cleared anything up.

• Love 1

So I rebooted my Netflix account because I'd enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 of Bloodline. (De-booted said account with the price hike - plus no more House MD and no more X-Files???) Figured I would see -- late to the party -- what would finally happen to the screwed-up Rayburn clan.

Yup - I'm with the majority in here .. what an incoherent, miserable, spectacular MESS this season was! I sat stunned at how bad it was. What in the HAIL happened?? By the time they got to that whole episode inside John's head I was thinking "I wish he'd killed ME instead of Danny." (Probably a personal bias, too - I hate "inside a character's mind" stories -- always makes me think a writer has just discovered therapy and now wants to bludgeon us with it.)

Yeah, Ozzy ... what the hell was his storyline all about? Did he have a conversion? Did he not? Was the Father real or not? You know what, I don't even care. lol.

One more darkly lit shot of Sissy Spacek moping around the house with a drink in her hand and my head was going to explode. They had no idea how to end this thing.

Meg was the only character smart enough to just get off this lousy third season ... by disappearing into her whole fake-new-life. Absurd, sure, but at least she escaped the rest of the Rayburns.

Acch, I could go one, but will spare y'all any more ranting :) I had to vent my spleen somewhere.

What a waste of time, energy, and talent (talented *actors* anyway).

• Love 3
On 11/26/2017 at 9:52 PM, Clanstarling said:

Yes, I think Nolan did it. I thought it was, at the very least, implied. But it's been awhile since I saw the episode. 

I thought Beau Bridges' character was possibly the father of Danny. But they never cleared anything up.

It was more than implied; there was a scene that showed him setting two gas cans on the stove, then lighting the burner under them. 

So THAT'S over. Like others, there was a lot to hate about Season 3, and I think much of it stems from the fact that the writers were expecting more seasons.

I don't know what to think John told Nolan, but I kind of hope he didn't confess to killing Danny. I hope he shared a lot of good Danny stories, apologized for lying about the assault on Danny, and tried to explain why the estrangement between Danny started, and continued to grow. But mostly I hope he started to treat Nolan like a decent kid and nephew. Nolan had some issues, but except for Janey (and eventually Sally) his newfound family treated him way worse than was deserved. Hopefully that last scene was the first step towards John rectifying that.

Ozzy: completely wasted storyline. The things they could have showed us this season, instead of showing him. But I do think that Father Lopez was one of HIS visions, and that those scenes of Sally confessing didn't really happen.

Beth, Roy's past, Bungalow 3: Fodder for future seasons. I'd like to know exactly when in the writing/filming process the decision came down about Season 3 being the end. I have to think that some episodes were already in the can, because that could help explain some of the meaningless storylines we were subjected to

On 5/30/2017 at 3:16 PM, Anela said:

^^ Same here. Although I felt bad for John when Sally blamed him for everything, too. WTF? Not her husband, who hit their eldest son with a car? Not herself for coaching them all to lie about it. 

He didn't hit Danny with a car. He beat the crap out of him, then the family lied and said that the injuries were the result of a hit-and-run.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lakebum said:

He didn't hit Danny with a car. He beat the crap out of him, then the family lied and said that the injuries were the result of a hit-and-run.

Still, she blamed HIM for it?