Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Guess Who's Coming To Lunch

• Start Topic

On 5/30/2017 at 1:17 PM, sadie said:

I thought the saddest thing I've ever witnessed is Thomas asking his dad to Saints birthday party and being told he had a dentist appointment. Cold much Mr Ravenel Sr? You could see Thomas not knowing what to say (and I loathe Thomas but felt bad for him in that mement). 

I'm four years behind you, watching season one while catching a current show now and then.  In season one, Thomas' father is warm and engaging with him. 

I thought it was cold as well, but honestly, Thomas had that child's party on a Thursday afternoon. Really? Who ever heard of that? Plus, have you seen Arthur Ravenel's teeth? The man needs to keep those appointments.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, zenme said:

I thought it was cold as well, but honestly, Thomas had that child's party on a Thursday afternoon. Really? Who ever heard of that? Plus, have you seen Arthur Ravenel's teeth? The man needs to keep those appointments.

Negative. He is close to 100 and while I don't wish him ill, how many birthdays does he have with Saint?

Plus the first birthday is also a milestone and a nice way to celebrate the parents as well.

Yes, Thomas has been a fucked up dude, however it is obvious that he is proud of his children, the dad is a dick and a racist creep.

Ravenel senior can eat mashed potatoes for one more week.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, zenme said:

I have a hunch there was a "real" birthday party that included Thomas' family and long-time family friends and was not filmed for this show. Perhaps it was on a Saturday or Sunday. Old Racist Ravenel may have turned down this invitation because he did not want to be part of the filming shenanigans and because Kathryn would be there. According to tabloid stories, she raised holy hell at St. Julien's baptism so I could see him not wanting to be within a mile of her.

• Love 3

I'd bet that Ravenel would go to any of his other grandchildren's birthdays--Thursday or not, but I still stand behind the idea that having the kid's party on a Thursday was dumb and expecting non-Southern Charmer people to show up was ridiculous.

(edited)

Gosh, what hateful witches Landon and Cameran are! Maybe Landon has a mental or emotional disability that causes her to truly believe that all the horrible things she's said, and done, to Kathryn are a-ok. 

Get a hint, when someone calls you up to say, "I don't think you're a mean girl at all," it's because they think you're a mean girl.

Love Gizmo!

Edited by Swim mom
Cause, Gizmo!

Seeing the flashbacks made me realize that Thomas and Whitless use the same pickup line on 20 year olds. You're the kind of woman I can see myself marrying. They both used it on Kathryn. 

On 5/30/2017 at 6:08 AM, RedDelicious said:

I agree.  Naomie gets a lot of flap, but I think we tend to forget she's only about 24 or so and is compared to people who are ten years (or more) older than her.  She has her sh*t together and I think she's actually mature for her age.  I don't blame her for the way she reacted at all.  Craig thinks he deserves a trophy for something he should have completed on-time, three years ago.  Gag me.

Plus she was happy until she asked Craig a follow up question and got one if his weird vague answers. I think she just doesn’t believe him anymore. I also think they should break up because they hate each other.

• Love 1