Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Guess Who's Coming To Lunch

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, scrb said:

The show production crew had to set up cameras at the restaurant ahead of time.  They probably had to find a restaurant willing to let them film inside.  So all that could have taken some days to set up.

Aww gee. You let the air out of the balloon. Shucks. 

• Love 2
On 5/30/2017 at 1:17 PM, sadie said:

I thought the saddest thing I've ever witnessed is Thomas asking his dad to Saints birthday party and being told he had a dentist appointment. Cold much Mr Ravenel Sr? You could see Thomas not knowing what to say (and I loathe Thomas but felt bad for him in that mement). I don't know any grandparent that isn't tripping over themselves for that kind of thing.

Off topic but I just have to say-that my mom is so like that with her grandkids, including my children, so I completely stopped talking to her a few months ago. Let me promise you that that is not a one-time occurrence-his father has acted that way to Thomas his whole life. It didn't even occur to Thomas' dad how insane it would be to miss a grandchild's birthday for so trivial a matter that could easily be rescheduled.  Speaking of being in someone's DNA. ....My mom didn't show to a birthday party (my youngest's' fifth) because she had to get a broken side mirror on her car fixed. (that'd been broken for months.) I could go on and on. They're just missing the parenting/nurturing gene. Aka the thinking of other people gene.  I've felt guilty lately and seeing that from the outside-all feelings of guilt disappeared. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, NoJustNo said:

I've felt guilty lately and seeing that from the outside-all feelings of guilt disappeared. 

Good. I doubt it ever could be your inner childs fault for having parents that were that way. Glad you had a moment of clarity. 

Let go of the guilt for better relationships to be built. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, izabella said:

I'm confused on why anyone thinks she would be the least bit interested in ANY job.  She doesn't want to work.  She wants to be rich with people catering to her every need.  I also don't think she would be good at any job since she isn't even capable of being there for her children...she's going to be responsible for a job?  Maybe she could be a manicurist or make-up counter sales person, but there is still the problem of her actually showing up to work every day, on time, sober, and earning little.

Landon isn't so different, except she might not show up drunk or high.  Craig is not too far behind them, tho he at least has two degrees and options.

However, none of the crew respects Kathryn enough to have the kinds of conversations that they've had with Craig (that he doesn't have the means and money to loaf around like Shep and Whitney) or Landon (grow up, pick a career, and get serious about adulting). Kathryn is lazy and entitled, but is she any lazier or more entitled than Landon? Yes, Kathryn has children, but Thomas could and should have pumped the brakes on that because it was already pretty clear that she wasn't ready for another kid after Kensie. Kenya Moore's mom abandoned Kenya and never interacted with her, but worked as a special education teacher the whole time. If Kathryn could manage to stop trolling for dick at the statehouse like it's a singles bar, she'd probably make a half decent lobbyist. She's attractive and loves to flatter the male ego. And except for a handful of wunderkinds and old warhorses, who have worked everywhere and with everyone, most lobbyists are just kind of smart, but not exceptional. With many of them, connections matter as much as intelligence.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, scrb said:

Of course, Craig didn't decide on an impromptu dinner to celebrate this milestone.

The show production crew had to set up cameras at the restaurant ahead of time.  They probably had to find a restaurant willing to let them film inside.  So all that could have taken some days to set up.

Then they probably kind of had an idea of what they would be saying to each other before the logistics were finalized.  Or I wouldn't put it past the producers to feed them lines.  Or worse still, maybe egg on the on-camera talent to express a certain attitude or emotion.

If you watch unREAL, you see how producers play mind games and manipulate the "talent" to elicit certain reactions on camera.

Now, maybe Craig and Naomi weren't manipulated into being cross with each other.  Maybe they just told them to pretend to be pissed with each other and they willingly played their roles.

I like how that show unreal has gotten such street cred. Isn't it a scripted show on a channel like Lifetime or similar?  It's sort of like me saying I know a lot about being an ob-gyn and law  because I watched a lot of Cosby show as a kid. Not knocking it- but the references to it always give me a good laugh. I'll just keep watching and not worry about behind the scenes. 

With that said Naomi deserves an Oscar, then. Because that felt real. I think they moved too fast. I'm not old-fashioned but all this living together and having expectations- just enjoy being young. It goes so fast!  Yes be smart but enjoy the highs- like graduating from law school!  Life knocks us down enough it's so nice to have support of those we love.  

• Love 7
16 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I agree that Kathryn wants things handed to her and part of being a parent and an adult is being self-sufficient.  Whether she has full on custody of her children or limited she still needs to provide for HER children and more importantly herself.  It would not surprise to find out Thomas has structured his estate in such a way that one of his sisters has control of his estate and the most Kathryn is going to see is some social security for the children in the event of Thomas' death.  Imagine going through life and your biggest accomplishment is passing weekly and monthly drug tests.

No. She will not get that. Social security is for Widows. Widow means you were married. Also if Thomas dies before kids are 18, the kids get a check. But not her.

Get a a job Kathryn,  or find a rich guy to marry you, you are still beautiful,there is no Ravenel Gravy train.

And for you Landon? That plane has sailed. Stop pretending that you are useful with your half assed poser act designed to make you look like trophy wife bait. You had your chance with that.

Get. A. Gahtdamn. Job. You are not 1% material.

• Love 1

For all the hubbub about Thomas's parenting, I do think he's trying his best.  He's older, a bachelor, set in his ways; that he would have trouble with a normal parent dynamic is pretty expected, I think.  And from the few glimpses we've seen of his parents, he sure as all damn didn't have a warm and fuzzy upbringing either.  But they seem happy with him and he spends time with them.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Nancypants said:

No. She will not get that. Social security is for Widows. Widow means you were married. Also if Thomas dies before kids are 18, the kids get a check. But not her.

Get a a job Kathryn,  or find a rich guy to marry you, you are still beautiful,there is no Ravenel Gravy train.

And for you Landon? That plane has sailed. Stop pretending that you are useful with your half assed poser act designed to make you look like trophy wife bait. You had your chance with that.

Get. A. Gahtdamn. Job. You are not 1% material.

I should have been more clear.  Presuming Kathryn is the caregiver/custodial party, the benefits for the children would go to her.   As in she can spend the money to provide for their upbringing.  That is what I meant about Kathryn and social security. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

I like how that show unreal has gotten such street cred. Isn't it a scripted show on a channel like Lifetime or similar?  It's sort of like me saying I know a lot about being an ob-gyn and law  because I watched a lot of Cosby show as a kid. Not knocking it- but the references to it always give me a good laugh. I'll just keep watching and not worry about behind the scenes. 

Lol! What I know about being an OBGYN from The Cosby Show: You chant, "Push 'em out! Shove 'em out! Waaaaaaaay out!" and then give birth to a 6-foot-long sub sandwich.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Lol! What I know about being an OBGYN from The Cosby Show: You chant, "Push 'em out! Shove 'em out! Waaaaaaaay out!" and then give birth to a 6-foot-long sub sandwich.

Omg I remember that one!  Haha!  

In hindsight I thought it was more akin to knowing what a single dad goes through because I watched a shit ton of Full House on TGIF. 

Then I thought of Thomas and it all came full circle. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I should have been more clear.  Presuming Kathryn is the caregiver/custodial party, the benefits for the children would go to her.   As in she can spend the money to provide for their upbringing.  That is what I meant about Kathryn and social security. 

Thomas is 54, his dad is a spry 90. I think he will likely hold out for 16 more years.

• Love 1

The lunch was nice to see, but it would have been better if Whitney had accepted Kathryn's invitation instead of letting Cam spring him on Kathryn like that.

Dear Cam, please remember that old Southern saying, "Pretty is as pretty does."

• Love 1

I'll give grandpa Ravene la pass on the baby's birthday party in the park.  The guy is 90 years old. Perhaps, he's a spry 90. but, still, my expectations of him wouldn't be that high.  Many people that age aren't as sharp as they once were either.  You have to think of things like mobility, incontinence, body temperature regulation and stamina.  Sometimes, seniors appear coherent for short time periods, but then they get disoriented and overly tired. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Ravenel_Jr.

I didn't realize that Thomas was married and then divorced in 1998.  I had been under the impression that he was a confirmed bachelor.  See at the end of the piece. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Ravenel

9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Thomas is 54, his dad is a spry 90. I think he will likely hold out for 16 more years.

Hopefully.  I wasn't wishing an early demise on Thomas, I just think Kathryn has not planned out her future and source of income well.   I am a little bored with her saying but Thomas promised.  I am sure she also promised Thomas would be a part of the children's lives.  Anyone deciding to be a parent should be fully aware they are equally responsible for the care and expenses related to their children.  I just don't think Kathryn has got the memo. 

Most of all I hope South Carolina moves out of the dark ages and joint custody, regardless of marital status becomes law.  The idea a parent can withhold visitation or meaningful contact until the check is large enough is beyond insane.  The idea these people have to live their lives under the microscope of the court is disheartening. 

• Love 1
On 6/1/2017 at 8:45 AM, LucyHoneychrrch said:

For all the hubbub about Thomas's parenting, I do think he's trying his best.  He's older, a bachelor, set in his ways; that he would have trouble with a normal parent dynamic is pretty expected, I think.  And from the few glimpses we've seen of his parents, he sure as all damn didn't have a warm and fuzzy upbringing either.  But they seem happy with him and he spends time with them.  

Really, after hearing the story of his upbringing and meeting the old man, I'd say no wonder Thomas has been such a fuck-up - he does seem to be stepping up for the kids. (Love seeing Kensie and Saint!)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'll give grandpa Ravenel a pass on the baby's birthday party in the park.  The guy is 90 years old. Perhaps, he's a spry 90. but, still, my expectations of him wouldn't be that high.  Many people that age aren't as sharp as they once were either.  You have to think of things like mobility, incontinence, body temperature regulation and stamina.  Sometimes, seniors appear coherent for short time periods, but then they get disoriented and overly tired.

This is a good point.  I didn't see anything wrong with what he said i.e., if they remove the tooth, I'm not coming.  Well heck, I wouldn't either.  How long was the birthday party in the works?  I think Thomas called his father on a Tuesday, and the pourty was on Thursday.  That's pretty short notice.  I think they made a bigger deal out of it on screen with Thomas appearing disappointed than it actually was.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

This is a good point.  I didn't see anything wrong with what he said i.e., if they remove the tooth, I'm not coming.  Well heck, I wouldn't either.  How long was the birthday party in the works?  I think Thomas called his father on a Tuesday, and the pourty was on Thursday.  That's pretty short notice.  I think they made a bigger deal out of it on screen with Thomas appearing disappointed than it actually was.

I agree.  It had to support Kathryn's earlier meltdown over how pitiful Thomas was and how he was desperate for his father's approval.   Those writers.....they aren't as clever as they would like to me, imo. lol 

• Love 1

I read a thread on reddit about making it as one of the background people on Landon and Drew's date at Home Team. Maybe that's one of you brave souls in here? Haha!

Anyway, some interesting behind-the-scenes tidbits -  she said that when the filming crew started to set up, some patrons started to leave, because they didn't want to be filmed and/or be a part of the show. Her party was actually asked to move closer to Landon and Drew's table so it doesn't look like the restaurant is empty. Gives credence to the talks that this show has a horrible reputation in Charleston and most locals would be happy to see it end. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

I can verify that none of my friends there watch the show, they hate the show, they wish the show would leave.

Tell your southern friends that I've been thinking that I want to plan a vacation to Charleston because I love the show so much. I went to Charleston once before for a brief visit, but the show is reminding me that I'd love to go back. I'll  spend money in their town, won't litter, and will leave nice reviews on Tripadvisor for deserving establishments. So it's not all bad for Charlestonians. 

• Love 6
On 6/1/2017 at 7:43 AM, KnoxForPres said:

The reason unReal has street credit is because its creator and show runner is a former Bachelor producer. Many former Bachelor and Bachelorette contestants confirmed many of the details and tactics that unReal decided to shine a light on. Additionally, a couple of the Bravo shows have done behind the scenes specials or producers blogs about how the reality sausage is made.

However, the producers influence on this show tends to be fairly obvious because they are some of the least subtle producers this side of Keeping Up with the Kardashians (the high priests of artifice). The gold standard for producer non-intervention is probably Vanderpump Rules because the cast really is that messy and dumb. Before the producers can intervene and manipulate, the SURvers have gotten drunk, fucked each other, tweeted it, feuded about it, and tearfully made up again.

• Love 5
(edited)
52 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Tell your southern friends that I've been thinking that I want to plan a vacation to Charleston because I love the show so much. I went to Charleston once before for a brief visit, but the show is reminding me that I'd love to go back. I'll  spend money in their town, won't litter, and will leave nice reviews on Tripadvisor for deserving establishments. So it's not all bad for Charlestonians. 

I would want to visit as well, I haven't been there. I've heard of Charleston already before the show because it's one of the upcoming foodie towns on one of the food/travel shows I saw before. And the beaches look nice, coming from someone spoiled by the California shores. And watching the show, I can certainly see the charm of the city, so to speak. But if I was a single lady, I probably wouldn't want to move there and try to find my luck in love, considering the debauchery of the Charleston men, if the show is my only reference point of Charleston.

But as a local, yes, I see how the show could be irritating and offensive. Especially to the older folks who wants to "preserve" Charleston as a charming old city in the south, and not a party hunting ground where men are on the prowl for sexual conquests, ala NYC or LA.

Landon said Sullivan's Island wouldn't allow them to film. Too bad because it's one of the places I would like to see on TV. But it looks like they allowed Shep's new show to film in there, so who knows.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 2

Charleston is beautiful, you can easily walk around downtown and see a lot. My single female friends said dating is tough. One moved there and left a year later when her lease was up. My married friends are very happy. One older couple I know moved out of town to another state last month, they were tired of the crime.

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

One older couple I know moved out of town to another state last month, they were tired of the crime.

Has crime really gotten worse there? I thought it was mostly North Charleston. Not the part of Charleston where SC films.

Charleston used to be a popular honeymoon destination for many 20-40 year old couples that I knew in NC.  I was told it was nice for a honeymoon, but, not much else.  Hmmmm...... I would think the businesses would love the advertisement.  I think the show would be very welcomed in Raleigh, NC.  Of course, we aren't on the coast. (2 hour drive to Wilmington). Charleston is full of surprises. 

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/10/21/banker-and-mistress-busted-in-murder-for-hire-plot-against-wife/

If you are going to stay in the relationship, you can't bring up the adultery at every opportunity.  Either accept the person you are with and be encouraging when they do something good or move the fuck on.

Very well put!  If Naomi has chosen to still stay with Craig at this point, she could have at least mustered up a "good job".  

My God Kathryn annoys me, I get it at this point she was trying to change but damn her smug face kills me.

That perpetual smug look is a cross between confusion, trying to poop really hard and smelling something bad.  And I can't stand it.  

I'm confused on why anyone thinks she would be the least bit interested in ANY job.  She doesn't want to work.  She wants to be rich with people catering to her every need.  

AGREED!  This girl wants to be taken care of, not take care of herself (or her children for that matter).  While in her pre-rehab days, Kathryn could yell, scream, and insult with the best of them.  Rehab seems to have removed her ability to speak?  She can mumble about three connected words while showing her classic stink face.  I don't know how that could carry over into any type of job.  

What is seriously missing from Kathryn is any type of true emotion regarding her children.  When she read the letter from Thomas with Elizabeth, wouldn't a feeling person have expressed some joy over being able to spend time with her baby?  To see her little girl?  There is just nothing there at all.  That speaks volumes about her character.  Her constantly mumbling to everyone about "how happy" she is should be saved until she is once again involved in her childrens' lives.  Maybe she's happy without the responsibility?  

• Love 6

Either the cast members aren't familiar with rehab/addicts, etc, or they are playing dumb for the show.  Thirty days is hardly more than detox.  For serious substance abusers, they really need much more time in a structured setting, with counseling, learning new coping skills, learning to be sober, perhaps living in a Sober House facility.   I'm no expert, but, I have friends/colleagues/family who have gone through this and 30 days in rehab is really no more than a drop in the bucket.  All this talk about how she's really changed......it's so disingenuous to me.  Relapse is common with addiction.  Very few people avoid relapsing.  I think Kathryn may be setting herself up by pretending that she's turned over a new leaf and is okey-dokey.  I wonder what her counselors recommended that she do regarding returning back to Charleston and the show. 

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Either the cast members aren't familiar with rehab/addicts, etc, or they are playing dumb for the show.  Thirty days is hardly more than detox.  For serious substance abusers, they really need much more time in a structured setting, with counseling, learning new coping skills, learning to be sober, perhaps living in a Sober House facility.   I'm no expert, but, I have friends/colleagues/family who have gone through this and 30 days in rehab is really no more than a drop in the bucket.  All this talk about how she's really changed......it's so disingenuous to me.  Relapse is common with addiction.  Very few people avoid relapsing.  I think Kathryn may be setting herself up by pretending that she's turned over a new leaf and is okey-dokey.  I wonder what her counselors recommended that she do regarding returning back to Charleston and the show. 

I agree, especially for someone like Kathryn who has abused a lot of drugs and not just simply dabbled in them.

I wonder though, if she entered the short program on purpose. Or she had a longer program initially and then changed to a shorter one. Apparently the reasons why she wasn't much in the earlier episodes is that she was still in rehab while they started filming, and Bravo hasn't entirely decided yet if she would be back or not. Did she cut her rehab or changed to a shorter program to be on the show?

Edited by slowpoked

Her parents put her in rehab, so I am not sure why it was cut short. She was in a program in LA where she could leave when she wanted to. She needs a place like the Betty Ford Clinic where you can't check out until they feel you're ready. I totally agree that 30 days is nothing for someone with Kathryn's history. I know someone who's been in and out of short stint rehabs for many years. Never been in a long-term program because they don't think they need it. Tragic cycle of an addict in denial.

• Love 2
On 6/2/2017 at 8:31 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I'll give grandpa Ravene la pass on the baby's birthday party in the park.  The guy is 90 years old. Perhaps, he's a spry 90. but, still, my expectations of him wouldn't be that high.  Many people that age aren't as sharp as they once were either.  You have to think of things like mobility, incontinence, body temperature regulation and stamina.  Sometimes, seniors appear coherent for short time periods, but then they get disoriented and overly tired. 

Not to mention, who gives a birthday party with that short of notice and expects everyone to show up...during a weekday.  Not sure what he's having done, but dentists appointments aren't always easy to reschedule.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

28-30 days is pretty standard with the detox occurring in the first three days.  Since we do not know where Kathryn went-Malibu has dozens of treatment centers, how would we know if she cut her stay  short or left early? 

Kathryn had two children at home and it is important that she get treatment and see her children.  There are plenty of meetings and therapists in Charleston for Kathryn to utilize as tools in her sobriety.  This is just me but the last thing Kathryn or those close to her  should do for someone exiting treatment is start making excuses and putting down the clinic, the length of stay of the treatment modalities or blame relapses on the facility.  This journey is up to Kathryn, she was given a kick start by being in in-patient care but the hard work begins once you leave be it 30 days or 300 days later. 

As far as the show, California is not exactly foreign to people in the entertainment industry.  That is Kathryn's job for now and she does need to support herself.  I would hope like anyone with a room temperature IQ, counselors would advise Kathyrn that fame is fleeting especially in reality TV and she might want to look at long range options for employment with a non-option being living solely off child support. 

• Love 6
(edited)

To me, getting to see the children is fine, but, getting healthy and sober is more pressing.  I found it frustrating that addicts/alcoholics become so sick with addiction that they can't care for their kids, but, when treatment is offered, they use the "my kids" excuse.  Like staying sick will in anyway benefit the kids.  

Ref. the weekday birthday party.  I would think that most of the guests are cast members and they don't work other jobs. They make themselves available for filming, right? I mean, it's their job to show up for events, parties, dinners, etc.  Whit said he would not be available.  Hmmm.....I can see why he may not want to attend a birthday party of a one year old in the middle of a hot party in the scorching sun! Hmmm.....Saint was born in November, so why is it so hot on the show?  Didn't they start out the season at a pool party and everyone was sweating?  Same at the party at Thomas's plantation.  That's a fast jump in time. lol

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
On 6/2/2017 at 5:24 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I've known people who quit after detox, 30 days in rehab, and just cold turkey. It depends on the person and their circumstances. Kathryn does not appear to have changed her behavior or attitude. That suggests that she might not be sober or might go back to using. However, it isn't helping to be openly skeptical of Kathryn's sobriety and recovery. So in that sense the most decent thing the cast can do is be blandly supportive and optimistic.

• Love 5
On 6/3/2017 at 1:58 PM, sasha206 said:

Not to mention, who gives a birthday party with that short of notice and expects everyone to show up...during a weekday.  Not sure what he's having done, but dentists appointments aren't always easy to reschedule.

Maybe it was just the on-camera celebration, not the real one.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the 30 day thing is a lot about insurance.  I looked into its history.  I was surprised.  Thirty day plans actually originated from the military.  Hmmm..

History of 30 Days

The history of 30-day rehab programs began with recovery programs in the military during the 1970s. During that time, 30-day programs allowed service men and women to undergo rehab without having to be reassigned.  Unfortunately, this model of recovery was adapted to the civilian sector as insurance companies latched on to it by agreeing to pay only for 30 days.  This is a practice that continues today, and makes successful recovery from addiction a financial difficulty for many people.

https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/drug-rehab/28-30-day-rehab-programs/#gref

I have a friend who had a serious problem.  He went to another state and stayed for 12 months.  Part on campus, part off campus.   This person was away from their family, home and job (they are a professional) for a year.   He/she has had great success, though.  I don't know the name of the place he went to.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think the 30 day thing is a lot about insurance.  I looked into its history.  I was surprised.  Thirty day plans actually originated from the military.  Hmmm..

https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/drug-rehab/28-30-day-rehab-programs/#gref

I have a friend who had a serious problem.  He went to another state and stayed for 12 months.  Part on campus, part off campus.   This person was away from their family, home and job (they are a professional) for a year.   He/she has had great success, though.  I don't know the name of the place he went to.  

It's actually a very young medical specialty. For a decent amount of the history of addiction treatment, it was honestly guesswork and anecdotes about what best practices might be. There is a pervasive belief that addicts should be abstaining from everything including medications for mental illness, except ironically cigarettes. The opposite is actually true and there is data to support it. If an addict has a co-occurring mental illness, he or she should be getting treatment for it and getting an addict to also quit smoking doesn't impair their recovery. But basically the field really only started to get data and research in the past 40 years.

• Love 2
On 5/29/2017 at 9:54 PM, Pickles said:

Landon's voice. Omg. She looks rough. She is delusional if she thinks she could just say the word and she would be the next Mrs. Ravennel. Shep looked rough at that outdoor lunch.

Her voice makes me want to punch my own face. And her constant giggling during the dinner with Thomas? The worst. 

• Love 3

When Kathryn was in rehab in CA, there were social media reports that she either left early, or was in and out. Here's what Bravo said online:

"A source has now come forward and reported that Kathryn has left the rehab facility, and that’s likely why she’s going back to her old ways.

She has not been committed to the treatment program and has left. She’s hooked up with a shady character. This man is not good for Kathryn’s recovery.

In other words, Kathryn has hooked up with yet another drug addict, and we’re curious as to if she found this dude in rehab?

Who the hell goes to rehab to pick up on guys?

Anyways…

Kathryn posted a picture of her new boy toy on her Instagram account"

• Love 1

On this show, Kathryn said that her parents suggested this Rehab in CA and she said, okay.  And she went.  So, with the late news, was the whole thing a sham and she returned home with a storyline that she went to Rehab, reformed and is now fit to return to the show?  And none of that is true?  If so, it's not a huge surprise.  What does surprise me is that none of the cast knew this?  How would she be passing urine tests as ordered by the courts?

She ISN'T passing urine tests (she passed one recently, I think) and she's not been showing up for court-ordered tests. Which is how Thomas got full custody and she got supervised visitation. I was seeing and hearing stories of her ditching rehab early and saw photos of her with the drug dealer boyfriend in the wife-beater t-shirt.

Bravo doesn't care if she's ok or not. They want the ratings that will happen when Kathryn crashes and burns, or causes havoc. They don't give a shit about her recovery. They want people tuning in, curious to watch the show to see what she will do.

The cast knew it. They all knew everything, but their little scripts and "do and say this" from production was what they were instructed to follow. This show and others like it are a sham.

• Love 1