Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Guess Who's Coming To Lunch

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, cuphead said:

Was Landon on something in that break-up scene?

She seemed disheveled, kept flipping her hair about, was glassy eyed, giggly and super emotional (went from smiles to tears and back to smiles).

The poor guy aka Bizarro Shep looked a little weirded out by her behavior and really didn't give a rat's ass that he just got dumped on television.

Landon must be worse in real life.

I assumed alcohol.  She seemed loaded. 

Also her use of Charlotte's age made no sense.  So, Charlotte is 12.... but it's not like Landon has been single and dating for the past 12 year. She has only been divorced since 2012. 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

After the loving, at the hunting cabin, she basically put him in the friend zone.

Given that she didn't exactly "enjoy" the night, I'd put him in the friend zone also.

Odd support. Were they non-alcoholic beers on the table?

Nope. and they all had alcohol... in front of an alcoholic. How stupid can these people be? You do NOT EVER drink alcohol in front of an alcoholic. I learned that the hard way.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

Nope. and they all had alcohol... in front of an alcoholic. How stupid can these people be? You do NOT EVER drink alcohol in front of an alcoholic. I learned that the hard way.

It might have been nice of the others to abstain, but I would vehemently disagree that others must abstain from drinking in front of an alcoholic.  If Kathryn is uncomfortable being around alcohol, then she needs to exclude herself.  It is not up to others to change their drinking preferences because Kathryn is an alcoholic.  Imagine if she was invited to Pat's dinner and Pat was expected not to serve alcohol because Kathryn is an alcoholic or Naomie and Craig's fundraiser (where she was invited and no showed and Thomas stayed home), if Kathryn wants to be in that world she should accept the fact there is alcohol being served.  The woman hopefully abstained from drinking during two pregnancies in the last three years.   I did think it was smarter for Elisabeth to meet Kathryn at a coffee shop/bakery and order iced coffee and cake than someplace that served alcohol. 

• Love 21

She didn't abstain, from either alcohol or pot.

I'm only speaking from experience, knowing quite a few alcoholics in my lifetime, drinking in front of them is hard on them. I know they also have alcohol on the set when this show is filmed. Might have contributed to her going back to her old ways earlier this year. And now. Her Instragram videos that have been posted in this forum are painful to watch.

• Love 2

I think it would have been nice if they had abstained from alcohol since Kathryn is newly sober.  Especially Craig and Shep since they're  always so concerned with Everyone doing right by her.  I guess Shep's stab at sobriety is over.  He must have a fast healing liver.

• Love 11
56 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It might have been nice of the others to abstain, but I would vehemently disagree that others must abstain from drinking in front of an alcoholic.  If Kathryn is uncomfortable being around alcohol, then she needs to exclude herself.  It is not up to others to change their drinking preferences because Kathryn is an alcoholic.

While I would normally agree, the lunch was for her.  Why would you go to lunch FOR her and then drink.

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, Major Bigtime said:

I always heard that it is the alcoholic that needs to learn to be around social situations where there is alcohol. It's a fact of life and you can't expect everybody else to change when it is you that needs to change. Oh, and, I also always heard that hanging out with people that drink/drug once you are sober is a big no, no. You have to change your friends, your lifestyle, pretty much everything so removing herself from the show would probably be a good idea because all of these people drink and party. A LOT. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 9
27 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

She didn't abstain, from either alcohol or pot.

I'm only speaking from experience, knowing quite a few alcoholics in my lifetime, drinking in front of them is hard on them. I know they also have alcohol on the set when this show is filmed. Might have contributed to her going back to her old ways earlier this year. And now. Her Instragram videos that have been posted in this forum are painful to watch.

I agree there are many people in recovery who do not want to be around alcoholic beverages.  It is incumbent on the alcoholic to remove themselves or not serve or permit alcohol in events they are hosting.  Sadly, I think Kathryn has to abstain from being around Thomas.  I don't think she can handle extended exposure to him and the rest of the cast is nervous as all get out being around the two.  She looked pretty disappointed in his response to her letter.  I don't think she was looking for "all the best" from Thomas. 

I also saw how unwell Kathryn was when she blamed Whitney and Thomas for her downfall because she was only 21 years old.  That is on her, long before Whitney and Thomas there was another politician and she was arrested for an alcohol related offense.  I think collectively they all empathize with the mess Kathryn has made of her life and she made the mess.  Empathy doesn't translate to rescuing Kathryn-as she has shown with Elisabeth and JD it only takes the slightest thing to throw her off kilter.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I always heard that it is the alcoholic that needs to learn to be around social situations where there is alcohol..... hanging out with people that drink/drug once you are sober is a big no, no. You have to change your friends, your lifestyle, pretty much everything.

Which is it? I know for a fact an alcoholic cannot be in the prescence of people who drink, so I agree with your second point. :)

What I know is that a newly-recovered alcoholic cannot be around alcohol. It gives them an excuse to drink. Kathryn can now blame everyone at that table for her subsequent slips.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

While I would normally agree, the lunch was for her.  Why would you go to lunch FOR her and then drink.

The way the lunch and Kathryn situation were originally presented, it was about her making amends and apologizing.  I question if the lunch was for her or just a platform for her to take the step of making amends.  She didn't attempt at making amends she turned around and once again claimed it was others' fault that her life is in the sewer.

• Love 3
Just now, Major Bigtime said:

Which is it? I know for a fact an alcoholic cannot be in the prescence of people who drink, so I agree with your second point. :)

Both.  No, they should not be around people that they know abuse alchohol but what about social situations.  What if you are invited to a wedding or a family birthday, or Christmas dinner or New Years eve or something like that? This is what I mean by not expecting everybody else around you not to drink. You have to adapt to life situations. You can't just excuse yourself from every affair or celebration that includes alcohol. 

• Love 5

I believe Landon's date would've responded the exact opposite of what Landon said.  If she said she did not want children he would've said he wanted a family right away.  Boy was looking for an opening to bolt and I cannot blame him.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Given that she didn't exactly "enjoy" the night, I'd put him in the friend zone also.

21 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

What I know is that a newly-recovered alcoholic cannot be around alcohol. It gives them an excuse to drink. Kathryn can now blame everyone at that table for her subsequent slips.

Those are all or nothing statements. I've had different experiences so I believe it would depend upon where a person is in their sobriety. I've been around some alcoholics that are perfectly fine with others drinking while they abstain and I have been around others where it is a slippery slope so it is prudent not to imbibe in front of them. 

• Love 12
(edited)

My God Kathryn annoys me, I get it at this point she was trying to change but damn her smug face kills me. 

She should have been the one to start the conversation at lunch,  not just sat there while everyone looked uncomfortable. She could have started by telling Whitney and Cam that she appreciated them being there and she wanted to apologize for her behavior while she abusing drugs/alcohol..  Explained she understood how her behavior affected how they saw her. Also explain her now journey to change her life. But nope she just sat there till they spoke,  then went on to explain in her th how Whitney contributed to her downfall and how innocent she was at just 21...(rolling my eyes) 

I pretty much ff through Landon and Thomas's date. I did get to see the drunk lady going on and about what a great couple they were lol.  what was that? 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 10
(edited)
6 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

I'm waiting for the Twitter or Snapchat fallout from that date, from Kathryn. Whoever here watches that, please share.

Saw her Snapchat. She mocked Landon's TH, especially where she said "...I could already have a ring on my finger..." with those drunken toothless sailor filters. 

2 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

LOL. Poor Austen. He really is mini-Shep, if you believe the word around town that Shep's bedroom skills is not up to par either.

It's interesting though he was the one who mentioned that she's been engaged twice. Is one of them to that baseball player for the Dodgers? That's an intimate detail you just don't share with anyone that you're casual with (Or do they?), so that tells me their relationship might be deeper than what the show wants to show. As fake as this love triangle seems to be, I'm actually interested in how it will be resolved, considering what they're all up to in present time vs. how their story will end up at the season finale.

I've been in Naomie's side throughout all this Craig debacle, because for whatever Naomie's faults are, I don't like it that Craig basically treats her as a child who is beneath him. But last night was rough - Naomie could have given him the obligatory I'm so happy for you you finally did it and then drop it. Dang, that was indeed cold. I don't fault Craig for getting confused because he genuinely thought Naomie would be happy with his good news. 

I zoned in and out of this episode, so I didn't get what the big deal was that Cameran brought Whitney as a surprise guest to their lunch. Didn't Kathryn reach out to Whitney first?

And I'm on the side of maybe they could spare a few hours of lunch or so in being courteous to the recovering alcoholic and refrain from getting alcohol. C'mon Shep, it's only 2-3 hours. I'm sure your liver will survive. Craig was able to do it when he had dinner with Kathryn.

And I was right that Shep did try to get on with Naomie even though she showed up as Craig's date the first time they met. Naomie was the first "unicorn." Mr. I-Take-The-High-Road indeed.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, imjagain said:

She should have been the one to start the conversation at lunch,  not just sat there while everyone looked uncomfortable. She could have started by telling Whitney and Cam that she appreciated them being there and she wanted to apologize for her behavior while she abusing drugs/alcohol..  Explained she understood how her behavior affected how they saw her. Also explain her now journey to change her life. But nope she just sat there till they spoke

The Queen was holding court.

• Love 4
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Landon, desperate never looks good on a woman, I'm surprised the guy didn't smell it a mile off.

God that date was pitiful.

I don't like Landon and I find her highly annoying, but I don't actively dislike her like Kathryn does. Heh. But last night was the first time that I truly felt bad for her. Her desperation was real, unguarded and there was a genuine fear of ending up alone in life that sort of transcended the show filming. The way she phrased how she has had Charlotte for a long time and didn't have anyone with her to walk the dog, how she wants kids soon, and especially when she told Drew that she wants these things now and cannot wait for him when he eventually ends up wanting them the same time as her felt raw. She got burned before but still wants the happy ending, so to speak. Not everyone can be like Chelsea and get burned and turn the other way instead. I felt bad for Landon. It's a good thing they put that date in the same episode as her date with Thomas because I think it humanized her a little bit as more than just an annoying, giggling person.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 11

It took Craig three years to write a paper and he lied for at least two years about graduating from law school.  I can understand not popping the champagne, but Naomi could have been more encouraging.  Her reaction told me that she doesn't respect Craig; hence I'm not sure why she stays in the relationship.

I think Whitney has been pretty gracious ever since the reunion.  I've never really disliked Whitney though. 

I think it was kind of weird that they ordered drinks and there didn't seem to be any awareness that it could be awkward for Kathryn; however Kathryn didn't seem to be affected by it either.  Of course this whole discussion is based on the presumption that Kathryn was actually sober or was she following the Kim Richards version of sobriety.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I don't like Landon and I find her highly annoying, but I don't actively dislike her like Kathryn. Heh. But last night was the first time that I truly felt bad for her. Her desperation was real, unguarded and there was a genuine fear of ending up alone in life that sort of transcended the show filming. The way she phrased how she has had Charlotte for a long time and didn't have anyone with her to walk the dog, how she wants kids soon, and especially when she told Drew that she wants these things now and cannot wait for him when he eventually ends up wanting them the same time as her felt raw. She got burned before but still wants the happy ending, so to speak. Not everyone can be like Chelsea and get burned and turn the other way instead. I felt bad for Landon. It's a good thing they put that date in the same episode as her date with Thomas because I think it humanized her a little bit as more than just an annoying, giggling person.

I feel the exact same way about Landon: she may grate on my nerves and have a snooty/lazy streak, but I don't hate the gal. And she was actually very kind and welcoming to Kathryn until Kathryn turned on her with little provocation at that one political event of Thomas's she crashed, back when she told Landon to F off before giving her the finger. And I actually would've reacted much the same way as Landon did over that bitch move, with a shocked look and her astonished "Classy!" remark. Kathryn's undeservedly treated her like shit ever since that one event, so I don't blame Landon one iota for not wanting anything more to do with her nutty ass.

As for her sad weepy date with her younger dude though, I truly did feel for her as well. I wasn't much younger than her when I was still quite single and drifting along feeling lonely and incomplete((found my unicorn I later married by age 34)). It's a tough place to be in, especially when you're a 35-year-old female divorcée having to compete with younger women for quality male attention---I'm sure it's twice as rough on a gal like her in a small town like Charleston, although I know she lives PT in LA as well, which is likely just as tough dating-wise in a completely different way. 

Half of her hippie-dipped affectations and flirting is likely due to generally low self-esteem or a facade she keeps up as her natural shield against getting hurt or showing that sad and vulnerable side. She strikes me as someone who's probably a lot more hurt inside by her past than she's willing to show anyone else---much like T-Rav.

• Love 10
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

It's a tough place to be in, especially when you're a 35-year-old female divorcée having to compete with younger women for quality male attention---I'm sure it's twice as rough on a gal like her in a small town like Charleston, although I know she lives PT in LA as well, which is likely just as tough dating-wise in a completely different way. 

Especially if the pick of the litter is Shep and/or Austen and their mini-me's, then yeah, makes it all tougher and harder. 

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Never felt as bad for Craig as I did watching this. His GF is a straight up bitch. Christ he was SO excited and she just threw ice water all over him! SO it took a long time, big deal, not everybody matures or knows what they want in their 20's or even 30's. It was a HUGE accomplishment and he sure deserved better then that nasty, basic bitch answer from her. You could SEE the hurt on his face!

I love dogs and caftans but those ones of Pats were UGLY....

She really was a total bee-otch to him -- and yet, I couldn't especially blame her.  He's been lying like crazy about his situation to us & pretty much EVERYONE around him for years.  Being lied to about something so important in your life?  Sure, parents will forgive that.  And acquaintances & co-workers may not care much.  But a partner?  Absolute dealbreaker for me.  

I'd be disgusted & suspicious of Craigie too after all the lying he's done.  But I'd have thrown him away long ago.  Why is she sticking around just to treat him in such a nasty way?  To be on a national TV show?  Hmmmm.

What was with that lady telling Snowflake outta nowhere that she was Thom-ass's soulmate?  First off, EW!  And secondly, is that a Southern thing to do?  I can see older busybodies even here in NY doing that.  It's just here, the reaction would more likely be a sneering Fuck off than the annoying giggling from Snowflake.  Oh, Snowflake, pump the brakes on that ridiculous giggling.  It's really not cute.

And yeah, those doggie caftans are just so ugly.  It's a shame too.  Cuz the idea is cute & really quite sweet, isn't it?  Too bad it ends up being so fug.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

She really was a total bee-otch to him -- and yet, I couldn't especially blame her.  He's been lying like crazy about his situation to us & pretty much EVERYONE around him for years.  Being lied to about something so important in your life?  Sure, parents will forgive that.  And acquaintances & co-workers may not care much.  But a partner?  Absolute dealbreaker for me.  

I'd be disgusted & suspicious of Craigie too after all the lying he's done.  But I'd have thrown him away long ago.  Why is she sticking around just to treat him in such a nasty way?  To be on a national TV show?  Hmmmm.

What was with that lady telling Snowflake outta nowhere that she was Thom-ass's soulmate?  First off, EW!  And secondly, is that a Southern thing to do?  I can see older busybodies even here in NY doing that.  It's just here, the reaction would more likely be a sneering Fuck off than the annoying giggling from Snowflake.  Oh, Snowflake, pump the brakes on that ridiculous giggling.  It's really not cute.

And yeah, those doggie caftans are just so ugly.  It's a shame too.  Cuz the idea is cute & really quite sweet, isn't it?  Too bad it ends up being so fug.

Naomie knew about Craig's misrepresentation early on in the relationship.  Craig had to wait for the law school to allow him to finish the higher writing portion.  In August of 2016 they granted him leave to finish.  To me it was the idea that she stated it was a big load off of her for Craig to be become eligible to take the bar.  I think the entire group has taken the Craig not taking the bar and the law school misrepresentations as far as it can go.  Next it will be about him not getting enough high paying cases. 

Naomie should be done with her studies this summer, I will be interested to see what she does with her degree.   Maybe she can find someone more suited to her.  I am sure there are candidates lined up around the block waiting for a chance at Naomie and her sparkling personality.

• Love 8

She should have been the one to start the conversation at lunch,  not just sat there while everyone looked uncomfortable. She could have started by telling Whitney and Cam that she appreciated them being there and she wanted to apologize for her behavior while she abusing drugs/alcohol..  Explained she understood how her behavior affected how they saw her. Also explain her now journey to change her life. But nope she just sat there till they spoke

I disagree. I don't see how the onus should have been on Katherine to break the ice when they were (according to the plot at least) all brought together by Shep - with Cam inviting Whitney without telling anyone she would. Besides, Katherine had already apologized to Whitney in the message she left him. Wouldn't that put the ball in his court for their next interaction? At this point in the game, Craig, Shep and Katherine seem to have come to an understanding and now Shep is trying to get the others to at least be as fair to Katherine as they are to Thomas. Plus, Katherine has apologized to Whitney and is most likely waiting for a response to see if he accepted the apology - and Cameran has made no bones about disliking Katherine. How is anyone in Katherine's place supposed to approach Whitney and Cam when she has no idea where they stand. It seems to me that the onus should be on Shep to break the ice as this meeting was his doing. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, sadie said:

I thought the saddest thing I've ever witnessed is Thomas asking his dad to Saints birthday party and being told he had a dentist appointment. Cold much Mr Ravenel Sr? You could see Thomas not knowing what to say (and I loathe Thomas but felt bad for him in that mement). I don't know any grandparent that isn't tripping over themselves for that kind of thing.

And for the 100th time, if Landon would just quit with the cutesy baby talk thing she would be a lot more atttractive. I don't know any 30 something that tries to act like an ingenue. It grates.

The rest of it. Meh.

Thomas' father is a pretty odious person in general from what I can tell. He seems to still lament that the South lost the Civil War, doesn't hold much stock (any?) for women or minorities, and definitely saw Kathryn for what Thomas used her as - a brood mare. That said, that was cold as all hell. He probably doesn't have (m)any of Saint's birthdays left, and he knew that his son just wants his company and love. Jeeze.

Craigy-Craig didn't deserve what Naomie threw at him and lately she strikes me as much more fame hungry than we've seen in previous years. It would explain why she's seemingly hung onto Craig for years, despite showing no motivation and passion.

Both Landon and Shep are really starting to show their years. And Cameron's "Chelt-sie" grates on my last nerve. They need to recast, stat or just can the whole thing - the bloom is definitely off the (Shep) rose for me as far as Southern Charm is concerned.

...and don't even get me stated on that abomination in Savannah. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, AttackTurtle said:

I think Whitney has been pretty gracious ever since the reunion.  I've never really disliked Whitney though. 

Whitney def does not reveal enough of himself to actively dislike him.  And yet I do -- from the tiny glimmers he gives us.  I'm glad they showed that old clip of Kathryn saying to him she thought her daughter would be embarrassed by that ridiculous vid Whitney produced for Thom-ass.  That idiotic vid said as much about Whitney as it did about Thom-ass.  It was a much-needed reminder for us of who Whitney is.  We needed it, since he gives us so fucking little.

Sure, we get the fake beard-chicks he's always shlepping around before the cams & his overly fussy wardrobe, and the back-slapping & saying bro a billion times, but not much else.  Oh yeah, there was that cringe-inducing barb he said a few eps ago, that Austen shouldn't "come too soon".  Ew.  We don't get much from Whitney, but what we do get seems charmless & unappealing.  He was surprisingly subdued to Kathryn.  But he was also condescending in an icky way.

Craigie's "accomplishment" was really anti-climactic -- to say the least.  Right now, he looks like quite a fool.  That's how the show is playing him & it's OK by me.  Hey, even Horseteeth mocking him was giving me a giggle.

• Love 4
(edited)
57 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I disagree. I don't see how the onus should have been on Katherine to break the ice when they were (according to the plot at least) all brought together by Shep - with Cam inviting Whitney without telling anyone she would. Besides, Katherine had already apologized to Whitney in the message she left him. Wouldn't that put the ball in his court for their next interaction? At this point in the game, Craig, Shep and Katherine seem to have come to an understanding and now Shep is trying to get the others to at least be as fair to Katherine as they are to Thomas. Plus, Katherine has apologized to Whitney and is most likely waiting for a response to see if he accepted the apology - and Cameran has made no bones about disliking Katherine. How is anyone in Katherine's place supposed to approach Whitney and Cam when she has no idea where they stand. It seems to me that the onus should be on Shep to break the ice as this meeting was his doing. 

Edited by imjagain

I'm not sure what I did wrong with this post, lol. 

I think because Katherine is the one who screamed yelled,  caused endless scenes,  which made the other uncomfortable and want not much to  do with her.  I felt it didn't matter where cam and Whitney stood. Katherine was wrong in her behavior in the past so apologizing was on her. She  and Shep want her back in with this group,  so, yeah she and Shep should have started the conversation (I do agree with you on Shep).  

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, LucyHoneychrrch said:

Ravenel, Sr. is a piece of work.  Does nobody remember in Season 1 when he put down a $5 tip at lunch, and remarked that he wanted to rid his wallet of $5 bills because they have Lincoln on them?  That was seriously the most jaw-dropping moment of reality TV I think I'd seen up to that point.   He also famously referred to the NAACP as the National Association of "R*t*rded People" and then, when called on it, apologized to the mentally challenged for associating them with the NAACP.  He's horrifying, and the less contact he has with those children the better. 

God that is terrible.

I was also trying to figure out why Cam says Chelsea's name so weird..."Chelt-sie," that's it exactly.

1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Whitney def does not reveal enough of himself to actively dislike him.  And yet I do -- from the tiny glimmers he gives us.  I'm glad they showed that old clip of Kathryn saying to him she thought her daughter would be embarrassed by that ridiculous vid Whitney produced for Thom-ass.  That idiotic vid said as much about Whitney as it did about Thom-ass.  It was a much-needed reminder for us of who Whitney is.  We needed it, since he gives us so fucking little.

Yes, this! Kathryn sounded near tears when confronting him about it in the clip and also when he asked sarcastically "isn't there something else to be embarrassed about." That's why I said she seemed hurt that Whitney seemed to turn on her so hard when they had previously had sort of a friendship. I don't know, their relationship through the seasons has been SO odd.

• Love 3

The crux of Whitney's problem with Kathryn is that she was with him, living in Pat's house, when he took her to a party that was filmed for the show. She zeroed in on Thomas and left Whitney in the dust. He never forgave her for that, I think.

• Love 15
(edited)
57 minutes ago, Major Bigtime said:

The crux of Whitney's problem with Kathryn is that she was with him, living in Pat's house, when he took her to a party that was filmed for the show. She zeroed in on Thomas and left Whitney in the dust. He never forgave her for that, I think.

But he forgives Thomas. And so does Pat, does she hate on Kathryn because she initially wanted Kathryn for her son? I think they both denied she was living with them, right?

Edited by chewycandy
  • Love 5
(edited)
8 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

How stupid can these people be? You do NOT EVER drink alcohol in front of an alcoholic. I learned that the hard way.

MMV..I quit drinking 30+ years ago and hated it when drinkers altered their behavior when I was around - it made me feel very self-conscious.  While I did stop going to parties where everyone drinks a lot, I've always preferred that friends and family continue to have cocktails before meals in the same way that they would when I was not around...I like when people loosen up, and I get a contact high. 

I "slipped" several times before the program "took" (prior to this continuous sobriety).  That's normal.  Every time that I did, it was because I wanted to drink, not because I was exposed to those who did.

So everyone is different.

Edited by OldButHappy
combined 2 similar posts
  • Love 19
10 hours ago, bosawks said:

Maybe Naomi should think of investing in one of those dog clickers to keep Craig on task, the nagging doesn't seem to be that effective.

Naw.  Straight to the shock collar, Naoms.

5 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

The Queen was holding court.

In her dreams, perhaps.  Drugs will do that to ya.

Shep FINALLY said something else noteworthy when he opined that TRav is never called on any of his deplorable behavior by these suck up pretentious SoCharmers.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Shep FINALLY said something else noteworthy when he opined that TRav is never called on any of his deplorable behavior by these suck up pretentious SoCharmers.

Right??????  About time (and props to the editors for the flashback)!

• Love 9
18 hours ago, cuphead said:

Was Landon on something in that break-up scene?

She seemed disheveled, kept flipping her hair about, was glassy eyed, giggly and super emotional (went from smiles to tears and back to smiles).

The poor guy aka Bizarro Shep looked a little weirded out by her behavior and really didn't give a rat's ass that he just got dumped on television.

Landon must be worse in real life.

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe has has her own substance abuse issue.

• Love 1

Wasn't the living at Pat's whittled down to a couple of nights?  Kathryn seemed to think there was a relationship after less than a week of involvement.  It was uncomfortable watching her describe the "relationship".    I don't Whitney was ever interested in Kathryn for any length of time.  I think he loved every minute of it for purposes of the show when she hooked up Thomas.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

It took Craig three years to write a paper and he lied for at least two years about graduating from law school.  I can understand not popping the champagne, but Naomi could have been more encouraging.  Her reaction told me that she doesn't respect Craig; hence I'm not sure why she stays in the relationship.

Agreed.  

It's like staying in a marriage after you've been cheated on.  If you are going to stay in the relationship, you can't bring up the adultery at every opportunity.  Either accept the person you are with and be encouraging when they do something good or move the fuck on.

• Love 8
(edited)
20 hours ago, F. M. said:

Way too much of the boring giggling Landon. She's pathetic, and if she thinks T- Rav will ever walk her dog with her, she's Looney tunes. Same goes for the nosey broad at the restaurant who said they were soulmates! 

Landon didn't use to bother me, but boy was she annoying last night.  What I don't like about her is she seems to think it's cute, sexy and attractive to act like a little girl; the giggling made her look sad and pathetic.  

If Kathryn really wants to stay sober, IMO, she needs to get off reality TV and realize that the ship has sailed with TRav; so kiss him goodbye, take care of the kids, and let him be somebody else's problem.  

I don't think that woman in the restaurant was a plant.  I think she saw a camera and wanted to get on TV.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 14

I would hardly describe Kathryn as living with Whitney.  His was one bed of three she hopped in to get on the show.  

The campaign ad that Whitney shot is about the least embarrassing thing that Thomas has to be concerned about as far as what his kids are going to see.

Whitney is a bit odd and awkward, but I find him much more interesting than Craig (or any members of the ugh Savannah cast).  He also seems to have at least three genuine friendships (Cam, Shep, and Thomas) on the show.  Right now it's Kathryn that the show seems to be trying to make git.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, chewycandy said:

But he forgives Thomas. And so does Pat, does she hate on Kathryn because she initially wanted Kathryn for her son? I think they both denied she was living with them, right?

It is what one of them said early in the ep.  Different rules for Thomas, much more lax, than what Katherine has to meet.  She has done rehab, horrors, while only a shrug for the felony cocaine jail term for him.  They all know which side the bread is buttered on.  They will continue to suck up to Thomas.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 7
(edited)

Can't stand Ravenel Sr. and his racist ass, but really Thomas? You held Saint's birthday party on a Thursday afternoon and expected guests to show up? Given that, I don't think Thomas should feel too bad about Art not showing up. But a child's birthday party on a Thursday afternoon? Okaaay. I guess that's how "our kind" rolls.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 6